Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th May 2015, 01:31   #2116
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funny View Post
Hi Petrolheads,

What mileage figures are you all getting? I am getting a FE of about 10km/l with AC on, all the time. Driving includes a mix of City and Highway runs. Is this normal? Any suggestions to improve the figures?

P.S I am talking about the 1.6L MPI Engine.

I drive a vento 1.6 mpi.. With AC on, my MID shows me around 10.5 when its a mix of traffic and free roads. Drops down to even 6 and 7 in bumper to bumper traffic. I do enjoy driving without AC though, since response is better, and is also lighter on the pocket 😜.
But, it is still a very good petrol engine, with good torque and a solidly built car.
kkkkkaran is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th May 2015, 23:10   #2117
BHPian

Re: Skoda Rapid : Test Drive & Review

What is the latest on Skoda spare part and servicing cost? Is it still outrageously expensive as say 5 years back?
Old 30th May 2015, 20:08   #2118
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guite View Post
What is the latest on Skoda spare part and servicing cost? Is it still outrageously expensive as say 5 years back?

Yes spare parts pricehas definitely come down. I remember skoda SA mentioning that windscreen wiper for fabia used to cost Rs 2200 couple of yrs back and for the rapid now its Rs 800. This is due to localisation. However there will be difference in the quality of the product. One of my ex colleague had a comparison chart for skoda rapid spare parts old vs new price list after localisation and there was a definite reduction in prices.
kiran_cr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th June 2015, 10:41   #2119
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guite View Post
Juts quoting a comparison of the cost of RHS tail lamp. Two of my friends who had damaged on their cars, got quotes of Rs 3800 for the Ford Fiesta and 4500 for Honda Amaze. I had them replaced on my Rapid for Rs 1985/-.
This may not be the case across all parts, but I guess the rates are more/less comparable.

Have a couple of questions:
1. What is the life of the batteries on the Rapid TDI. The stock batteries on my car is now 3 years and 80400 Kms old. Any one replaced their batteries yet? How expensive are they?
2. How long do the clutch last. I'm still on the stocks. (Brake pads have been replaced thrice).
onedotsix is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th June 2015, 17:09   #2120
BHPian

Does anyone know what Projector bulb(if it is H7 or H4 and not sure of the power) is used in the Rapid Black package ? I find the stock projector bulb insufficient and looking for options. Any good ones available in the market ?
Old 11th June 2015, 21:19   #2121
BHPian

Folks - need a quick help out here. Can someone please give a detailed explanation on how to reset the service reminder? My friend has a 2012 rapid and the service reminder keeps blinking on and off. He is unable to figure out how to reset this.

Thanks in advance.
Old 15th June 2015, 23:32   #2122
Distinguished - BHPian

Is Skoda testing the 1.2TSI?

Quote:
One Left hand drive Vento spotted while all other are Indian specific model. The Skoda Rapid seen here may have 1.2 TSI engine
Skoda Rapid : Test Drive & Review-skodarapid1_2tsifront.jpg
Skoda Rapid : Test Drive & Review-skodarapidspiedtesting.jpg
Skoda Rapid : Test Drive & Review-skodarapidvento.jpg
Skoda Rapid : Test Drive & Review-vento2015facelift.jpg

http://gaadiwaadi.com/vento-facelift...ampaign=buffer
volkman10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th June 2015, 08:58   #2123
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFS2024 View Post
Folks - need a quick help out here. Can someone please give a detailed explanation on how to reset the service reminder? My friend has a 2012 rapid and the service reminder keeps blinking on and off. He is unable to figure out how to reset this.

Thanks in advance.
Here you go.
Skoda Rapid : Test Drive & Review-reset.jpg
P.S Taken from the official manual.
Funny is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th June 2015, 21:51   #2124
Senior - BHPian

A very critical issue with my 3 year Rapid TDI that's left me totally baffled! 2 days ago, I saw the electrical warning symbol blink in my car while driving. I didn't know what to do, so I immediately called the service centre who said that it could be any electrical issue, and asked me to come to the service station. The very same moment I started feeling that the car was not going above 50 or 60 and the engine was struggling as if it lost power.
Weirdly, the warning symbol stopped glowing after 10 minutes.
Anyway, I took the car to the workshop the next day and they connected the car to the VAS to see what's wrong. It appeared that the EGR( exhaust gas release system ) wasn't working. The service executive then told me that it may be a wiring issue in the EGR or the EGR system itself may have conked. I was in for a rude shock though. I had just driven 25k kms and such a critical failure was not expected. Luckily, my extended warranty had me covered and i was glad that I didn't have to shell out a whopping 20k from my pocket.
Finally I was told this Morning that the issue wasn't any faulty wiring and the EGR system had failed. They are replacing the same and I may get my car in another 2 days.
Anyone with similar experiences? The service executive claimed that since the time of the Rapid's launch he has seen 10-12 such cases cases in that service centre. So it doesn't look like a very rare occurrence. Any thoughts please?
Old 19th June 2015, 14:30   #2125
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorworks View Post
Finally I was told this Morning that the issue wasn't any faulty wiring and the EGR system had failed. They are replacing the same and I may get my car in another 2 days.
Anyone with similar experiences? The service executive claimed that since the time of the Rapid's launch he has seen 10-12 such cases cases in that service centre. So it doesn't look like a very rare occurrence. Any thoughts please?
EGR Exhaust Gar Re-circulation, sends back exhaust gases into cylinder for combustion to reduce pollutants. Since our Indian fuel and environment conditions aren't that good, it leads to EGR failure. I guess it would be a solenoid valve which would have got clogged leading to EGR failure.

Other way round of not spending 20K is that have EGR turned through remap. This gives you extra 10 HP but your car would be a bit more polluting than others.
Old 19th June 2015, 21:44   #2126

Hello people. I was planning on buying a rapid elegance diesel. Extensive research and drives have already been done towards the car. The only thing which has me unsure till the now is ICE. My dad and I, both of us are audiophiles. We currently own a ford fiesta of 2010 make and have done complete sound proofing of the door panels, boot, floor etc ourselves just to ensure everything is as perfect as possible. We have invested heavily in the ICE as well, to the extent that my dad got the subwoofer and the amp imported all the way from US and Germany. We are passionate and hence deserving of the RAPID .The point I wish to make is that the Rapid's stock ICE is just about OK. Any audiophile would agree with me here. Can any rapid owner (2014,2015 preferably) provide me the information as to what is the size of the door speakers in the Diesel Rapid Elegance and is there a pre amp OUT or a SUB OUT in the stock head unit provided by skoda. And lastly, just correct me if I am wrong. The stock unit in the rapid is RCD 320, right? Thank you.

Last edited by Msc07 : 19th June 2015 at 21:49.
Old 21st June 2015, 09:09   #2127
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by el lobo 6061 View Post
EGR Exhaust Gar Re-circulation, sends back exhaust gases into cylinder for combustion to reduce pollutants. Since our Indian fuel and environment conditions aren't that good, it leads to EGR failure. I guess it would be a solenoid valve which would have got clogged leading to EGR failure.

Other way round of not spending 20K is that have EGR turned through remap. This gives you extra 10 HP but your car would be a bit more polluting than others.

Thanks for the suggestion. Since my car was covered under warranty, I felt that it was best that the Skoda guys handle it.
What's been very frustrating is that the issue is still not resolved. The service executive said that they replaced the EGR but still the issue of power remains. He has advised that they are calling for another new EGR to try and see if that works. If not I could be in for a much bigger problem! Have already been dependent on the Uber taxis for a week now and I'm not sure how long this is going to take. It's a shame that such a fantastic car has to have such issues. Just hope this is gets resolved soon.
Old 21st June 2015, 10:25   #2128
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Have already been dependent on the Uber taxis for a week now and I'm not sure how long this is going to take. It's a shame that such a fantastic car has to have such issues. Just hope this is gets resolved soon.
Why not ask VW Workshop to provide you a temporary car until they fix the EGR issue? I think they would oblige.
Old 21st June 2015, 12:58   #2129
BHPian

Quote:
Have already been dependent on the Uber taxis for a week now and I'm not sure how long this is going to take. It's a shame that such a fantastic car has to have such issues. Just hope this is gets resolved soon.
Push them for loaner car. They have some T&C on it. But at least you would have a car for the time being.
Old 21st June 2015, 20:01   #2130
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Msc07 View Post
Can any rapid owner (2014,2015 preferably) provide me the information as to what is the size of the door speakers in the Diesel Rapid Elegance
The stock head unit is RCD 320 in Elegance variant, the performance is very good when compared to some expensive popular brands. The default speakers are of Blaupunkt make, 4” size with spacers or mounting brackets. The stock head unit does not have pre-amp out or sub-woofer out.

Last edited by deehunk : 21st June 2015 at 20:13.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks