Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th August 2015, 14:32   #2191

Re: Skoda Rapid : Test Drive & Review

I'm planning to replace my 2010 Honda City , and after a lot of thinking decided on a red rapid elegance plus DSG petrol.
Then the facelifted vento arrived and I'm confused again.
The rapid seems to have better equipment even after the facelift (eg.projector headlamps) but the vento looks soo good.
Can someone help please?
Please go easy its my first post.
Old 26th August 2015, 15:19   #2192
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tish View Post
I'm planning to replace my 2010 Honda City , and after a lot of thinking decided on a red rapid elegance plus DSG petrol.
The rapid seems to have better equipment even after the facelift (eg.projector headlamps) but the vento looks soo good.
Can someone help please?
Rapid doesn't come in a DSG petrol. It must be the DSG TDi. From my experience Rapid is sportier while Vento is classier. You wouldn't go wrong with either of them, but the facelifted Vento looks fresher. You would get pretty good discounts on the rapid right now.
Old 27th August 2015, 17:14   #2193
BHPian

Quote:
Can someone help please?
Apart from projectors, there's no other extra equipment in the Rapid. In fact, the new Vento has some additional nice to haves such as indicators in side mirrors, foldable side mirrors, etc.

I'd chose a Vento simply because VW as a company is in a healthier condition, they sell more, so dealers are in a better condition, AND, they have a better set of dealers, by & large.

Another thing you should know is that reports of Rapid's sportier characteristics are incorrect - they originated because for a brief period during the Rapid launch, it had the updated suspension while the Vento test drive cars, which were older, did not. If you drive two current cars, you will not feel any difference in the dynamics. And, if you're still unconvinced, check the part numbers for the suspension parts, from both service stations.
bosporus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th August 2015, 09:53   #2194
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nma83 View Post
Ah! That's exactly what I was told at the service center 6 months back. But they were adamant on replacing the discs. Hope I get to talk to a competent person and get them fixed instead of replaced.
Its true that ABS kicking in will give a pulsating effect, but should not give a judder. Usually juddering is due to rotor gone bad due to overuse and hot patching of the dicss. If the breaking power has reduced, it is always better to replace the rotors. Skimming is something no manufacturer recommends
Old 28th August 2015, 17:47   #2195

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivasuma View Post
Rapid doesn't come in a DSG petrol. It must be the DSG TDi. From my experience Rapid is sportier while Vento is classier. You wouldn't go wrong with either of them, but the facelifted Vento looks fresher. You would get pretty good discounts on the rapid right now.
Actually the rapid does come with a dsg petrol, its a six speeder and i've driven it.
The rapid does look sportier and im really edging toward it.And the discounts don't hurt.
Thanks Anyway

Quote:
Originally Posted by bosporus View Post
Apart from projectors, there's no other extra equipment in the Rapid. In fact, the new Vento has some additional nice to haves such as indicators in side mirrors, foldable side mirrors, etc.

I'd chose a Vento simply because VW as a company is in a healthier condition, they sell more, so dealers are in a better condition, AND, they have a better set of dealers, by & large.

Another thing you should know is that reports of Rapid's sportier characteristics are incorrect - they originated because for a brief period during the Rapid launch, it had the updated suspension while the Vento test drive cars, which were older, did not. If you drive two current cars, you will not feel any difference in the dynamics. And, if you're still unconvinced, check the part numbers for the suspension parts, from both service stations.
Thanks bosporus,
I have driven both and they drive about the same.However the rapid does look sportier than the vento.
But thanks anyway.

Last edited by Zappo : 28th August 2015 at 18:27. Reason: Do not make back to back posts. Please learn to use multiquote option. Back to back posts merged.
Old 28th August 2015, 18:49   #2196
BHPian

Quote:
Actually the rapid does come with a dsg petrol, its a six speeder and i've driven it.

The rapid does look sportier and im really edging toward it.And the discounts don't hurt.

Thanks Anyway

Thanks bosporus,

I have driven both and they drive about the same.However the rapid does look sportier than the vento.

But thanks anyway.

It's not a dsg but a regular 6-speed automatic. If it's an automatic petrol you are looking at, the Vento makes better sense.
Old 28th August 2015, 19:48   #2197
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Can someone help please?
The Rapid petrol automatic is neither tsi nor dsg. It is the regular 1.6 petrol engine mated to a 6 speed torque converter based AT box. If the SA had told you petrol Rapid AT is a dsg, he is taking you for a ride.

As already mentioned, if it is a petrol AT you are looking for, the vento tsi is the car to go for. The rapid AT is a competent car, but cannot match the tsi dsg combo.
Old 28th August 2015, 23:30   #2198
BHPian

Need some help, exploring options in the market and getting a good discount on rapid petrol, diesel and dsg. The clutch for diesel MT is very heavy and will break my ailing knee. I am on a tight budget wanted to stretch for dsg but looks difficult. Can some one throw light on Rapid petrol MT. Elegance would cost me 9lpa approx and would like to go for it basis feedback as I will save on interest cost as well.
Old 29th August 2015, 06:37   #2199
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by e4gleeyez View Post
Need some help, exploring options in the market and getting a good discount on rapid petrol, diesel and dsg. The clutch for diesel MT is very heavy and will break my ailing knee. I am on a tight budget wanted to stretch for dsg but looks difficult. Can some one throw light on Rapid petrol MT. Elegance would cost me 9lpa approx and would like to go for it basis feedback as I will save on interest cost as well.
If you are looking at the petrol option, why don't you stretch a bit and get the Vento Tsi DSG. It's the best engine/gearbox combination you can get in that segment. It is more fuel efficient than the Rapid petrol and faster too and will save your knees on top of it. I believe the resale will also be better than the Rapid. Just my 2 cents.
Old 1st September 2015, 18:26   #2200
Team-BHP Support

Skoda Rapid Anniversary Edition launched at Rs. 6.99 lakh

Skoda has introduced a limited edition of the Rapid sedan in India. The Rapid Anniversary Edition, as it is called, is priced at Rs 6.99 lakh (ex-showroom) across India.

Skoda Rapid : Test Drive & Review-skoda-rapid.jpg

The Anniversary Edition comes with cosmetic changes and additional features. Changes to the exterior include decals on the doors and a contrasting roof.

On the inside, the car gets and wood decor trim. Skoda is offering the TrackPro car tracking device system on the Elegance Plus variant. This system enables a customer to keep a track of his vehicle's location 24x7, record vehicle trip history, assign over speed limit and boundary alerts and update tracking configurations like owner’s number, vehicle registration IDs, etc.

The owner will also be able to set-up mobile alerts to be notified on his car getting towed, over speeding, entering and exiting boundaries and whenever the tracking device is disconnected or re-connected with the vehicle.

The Anniversary Edition also sports features such as adjustable dual rear AC vents on rear center console, a 2-DIN integrated audio player, Bluetooth connectivity for phone / audio streaming / remote control via phone app, cruise control, projector headlamps, height and length adjustable steering wheel and a 7-speed DSG transmission with tiptronic manual gear changing.

Skoda is also offering dual front airbags as a standard fitment to all versions of the Rapid.

The Rapid Anniversary Editions will be available across all authorized Skoda dealerships and showrooms across India, till the end of September 2015.

Last edited by Aditya : 3rd September 2015 at 06:51.
Aditya is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 1st September 2015, 19:04   #2201
BHPian

Re: Skoda Rapid Anniversary Edition launched at Rs. 6.99 lakh

So a fully loaded DSG variant at 6.99 L? sounds really interesting!

Last edited by Rajiv0909 : 1st September 2015 at 19:05.
Old 1st September 2015, 19:17   #2202
BHPian

hi
looks like this price applies for petrol car? please correct me if I am wrong. In that case, what is the anniversary edition price for diesel car?
Old 1st September 2015, 19:19   #2203
BHPian

Fully Loaded. How enticing it is.
From what I had read, the anniversary edition starts at
INR6.99L, and as with all variants will climb
Old 1st September 2015, 19:24   #2204
Senior - BHPian

I think the starting price is 6.99 L ex-showroom for the 1.6 Mpfi. I guess one has to call the dealer to get the price of all the variants.
Old 1st September 2015, 19:27   #2205
BHPian

There is no way a fully loaded DSG is priced at 6.99, must be some kind of an error.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks