Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th September 2015, 11:16   #2221
Senior - BHPian

Looking at switching to alloys for my Rapid. I have an ambition variant hence steel wheels currently on. Very impressed with the black alloys of skoda, but they are very expensive, working to 42k for a set of 4. Has any one gone for any after market alloys? Would really appreciate some inputs. Thanks!
Old 11th September 2015, 20:15   #2222
BHPian

Re: Skoda Rapid : Test Drive & Review

Well my brother was considering buying the S cross 1.3 Alpha, but with the current reduction in Rapid prices, he can get the Rapid Diesel AUTOMATIC DSG for the same price.

IMO it makes the Rapid a better buy. What do you guys say? or is it a dud and the newer cars are any day better.

Infact with the new pricing, I feel the Polo GT TDi becomes somewhat redundant. no?

Bhpians Please, I am looking ot have a healthy discussion on this. I might bite the bullet too

Last edited by Crazy_Bean : 11th September 2015 at 20:17.
Old 11th September 2015, 20:29   #2223
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy_Bean View Post
Bhpians Please, I am looking ot have a healthy discussion on this. I might bite the bullet too
The only problem with this car is the terrible after sales support from Skoda and that is it, if there is a good Skoda service centre in your area than i will suggest you to go ahead. If i were in your shoes, i would bought the Rapid DSG eyes closed over S Cross 1.3, there is no comparison in performance between these two cars. S Cross 1.6 will be a different animal though but it is priced way too high.

Rapid is a better built car, looks much better than S Cross (this is subjective), Skoda has a much more premium image compared to Maruti when you are shelling out 13 lakhs, the performance of Rapid DSG would be miles better than the 1.3 S Cross, has a bigger boot and the biggest positive is the convenience of an automatic.The way DSG changes gears is flawless and your left leg will bless you for it.

S Cross has the Maruti tag and it will have better reliability and service, it is a new kid on the block, ride and handling is equally good or better, has more equipment on board and will offer superior resale if it is a hit.

Between these two, i would happily go for Rapid DSG for that brilliant and convenient automatic gearbox coupled with 1.5 TDi which has excellent torque delivery, i would pay a good margin over S Cross but if both cars are available at the same price, Rapid is a sealed deal for me.

Last edited by coolboy007 : 11th September 2015 at 20:32.
Old 11th September 2015, 21:34   #2224
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolboy007 View Post
The only problem with this car is the terrible after sales support from Skoda and that is it, if there is a good Skoda service centre in your area than i will suggest you to go ahead. If i were in your shoes, i would bought the Rapid DSG eyes closed over S Cross 1.3, there is no comparison in performance between these two cars. S Cross 1.6 will be a different animal though but it is priced way too high.
Thanks for a prompt response. Rapid is definitely a better machine, Yes, Skoda ASS does scare me.

At this stage the only negative I see with Rapid is the dated looks, it definitely feels old with slightly bland interior. It also does not have the new additions and niceties of the vento like auto folding ORVM, but frankly at 1 lac cheaper than vento, one cant really complain.

I definitely want an Auto box in my next car and is there anything better than this below 15 lacs. I guess not.

I have been in and out on this forum for the past 1 year discussing plans for my next car after the passat. It started from the GT TDi, to the GT TSi then to the Jazz and i20 (owning to low maintaince), now to S cross and to Rapid/Vento DSG. My plan are definitely firming up. I started with an idea of a small call for city confort, that transitioned to a budget of under 10 lacs. Now with an onset of cars like creta and s cross, i decided to push to 12 lacs.

As of today, My mind is battling between the Jazz VX i DTEC, Rapid DSG Diesel, S Cross 1.3 Alpha.

Rapid has made a very strong case for itself. I think the silver car with black package looks killer.

I dont want the novelty to wear off soon after the purchase. I want a car that offers great fun ownership experience. I know S cross offers a new car feel and has an international feel, but will the 5 speed manual and 90 bhp be good enough in the long run.
Old 12th September 2015, 13:32   #2225
BANNED

Quote:
As of today, My mind is battling between the Jazz VX I DTEC, Rapid DSG Diesel, S Cross 1.3 Alpha.

Rapid has made a very strong case for itself. I think the silver car with black package looks killer.
Please throw away the Jazz, it's not fun to drive and has no USP over the other two cars.
The S cross, unless it is the 1.6 shouldn't be on your radar at all.

All this makes way for the Rapid black package. It is THE BEST pick of the lot. The DSG is phenomenal and the convenience as well as the performance is unmatched. You can always spruce up the interior. Although if you can strech your budget, I'd recommend the Vento DSG (Preferably TSI )
The DSG twins give you ESP, which is one hell of a lifesaver. Go with the VW if you can afford it, else the Rapid is no slouch. The TSI though is the engine of choice.
Old 12th September 2015, 14:08   #2226
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by H_Dogg72 View Post
Please throw away the Jazz, it's not fun to drive and has no USP over the other two cars.
The S cross, unless it is the 1.6 shouldn't be on your radar at all.

All this makes way for the Rapid black package. It is THE BEST pick of the lot. The DSG is phenomenal and the convenience as well as the performance is unmatched. You can always spruce up the interior. Although if you can strech your budget, I'd recommend the Vento DSG (Preferably TSI )
The DSG twins give you ESP, which is one hell of a lifesaver. Go with the VW if you can afford it, else the Rapid is no slouch. The TSI though is the engine of choice.
Thanks. Why do you suggest Vento over Rapid. It has to be diesel for me .
I am not sure about discounts on vento (close to none on Rapid) but the Vento is at least 90K more expensive. They are the same cars ideally.

I understand that Vento feels slightly more premium inside and got recently updated, but the whole idea for thinking about the Rapid was VFM.

I dont mind paying 30K extra for Vento but not more.

For the S cross, only the 1.3 DDis falls in my budget, I am only looking at the alpha variants. Boy it feels good to sit in; all black interior and excellent view outside all add up.

For me S cross is a better car ( everything better than the Rapid except engine and gearbox); Yes, i found S cross's handling better than Rapid.
The Rapid is a compromise as a car but makes sense due to the DSG-Diesel combo. Confusion-Contusion

Cant beat the convenience of an auto box but also need the wow factor, (unfortunately missing in the Rapid)
Old 12th September 2015, 15:03   #2227
BHPian

Quote:
For the S cross, only the 1.3 DDis falls in my budget, I am only looking at the alpha variants. Boy it feels good to sit in; all black interior and excellent view outside all add up.

For me S cross is a better car ( everything better than the Rapid except engine and gearbox); Yes, i found S cross's handling better than Rapid.
The Rapid is a compromise as a car but makes sense due to the DSG-Diesel combo. Confusion-Contusion

Cant beat the convenience of an auto box but also need the wow factor, (unfortunately missing in the Rapid)
Hey Crazy_bean, I'm happy to see your post. Not because of your state of confusion, but because I went through the same just a few weeks ago - BHPians think alike.

It was getting impossible to get to a conclusion, especially given Rapid DSGs superb convenience of ultra fast shifts and the tiptronic. The Rapid has, IMO, a timeless design that will age well. I also like the black package in silver the best.

Now, what tilted my decision in favour of the DDiS200 are the following,

1. The 1.3 does not feel underpowered at all, especially if you are comparing it to the likes of Ford's 1.5 TDi, which I have extensively driven. City drivability is definitely a breeze.

2. The S-Cross is better built than any other Maruti, has a healthy ground clearance and is better car for bad roads ( an important consideration for Bangalore)

3. The interiors are definitely class leading and the drivers seating position is much more comfortable in comparison.

4. A newer design in comparison and something I liked the moment I saw the car in flesh. Of course looks are subjective, but the S-Cross ticks the box quite clearly for me.

In hindsight, it was anything but east to make a decision, but it became apparent that I could not go wrong with either.

I've booked the DDiS200 Silver in Zeta and will swap the alloys and tyres on delivery next week.

Good luck with your hunt and do keep us posted.

Last edited by pannags : 12th September 2015 at 15:09.
pannags is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th September 2015, 18:38   #2228
Senior - BHPian

Ok I'm getting a little annoyed with the continuous issues in my Rapid TDI. Earlier this year, there was a problem with the Turbo and it had to be replaced. I was lucky that I had the extended warranty else I would have had to shell out 1.5 lakhs!
Anyway, I heard a bit of unusual noise while going over bad roads and thought I will check with the service centre. To my dismay, the service guy said that it may be a steering rack or a column issue and it might have to replaced. Once again I have to thank my lucky stars since my warranty is valid for another 6 months and the steering rack is supposed to cost somewhere close to 35000.
Now, my car has just done 25k in 3.5 years and 90% of the run has been in the bumper to bumper bangalore traffic. I don't venture too much on to bad roads ( really bad ones I meant apart from what bangalore regularly throws at you) and I drive quite sedately in the city( I don't have an option really). So how is that I'm staring at such issues so early in the life of the car? Add to the above, my brake pads and discs were replaced twice as due to the infamous "shuddering" issue, again was done under warranty since I was able to get hold of a circular from skoda to the dealers with regard to this( thanks to t-bhp).

Have any of you faced any of the above issues? Is my car having unusual problems? Skoda and the dealer have been helpful alright, but it annoys me that my car which I otherwise think is a fantastic piece of machine keeps getting in to trouble! :-(
motorworks is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th September 2015, 18:53   #2229
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorworks View Post
Ok I'm getting a little annoyed with the continuous issues in my Rapid TDI. Earlier this year, there was a problem with the Turbo and it had to be replaced. I was lucky that I had the extended warranty else I would have had to shell out 1.5 lakhs!
Anyway, I heard a bit of unusual noise while going over bad roads and thought I will check with the service centre. To my dismay, the service guy said that it may be a steering rack or a column issue and it might have to replaced. Once again I have to thank my lucky stars since my warranty is valid for another 6 months and the steering rack is supposed to cost somewhere close to 35000.
Now, my car has just done 25k in 3.5 years and 90% of the run has been in the bumper to bumper bangalore traffic. I don't venture too much on to bad roads ( really bad ones I meant apart from what bangalore regularly throws at you) and I drive quite sedately in the city( I don't have an option really). So how is that I'm staring at such issues so early in the life of the car? Add to the above, my brake pads and discs were replaced twice as due to the infamous "shuddering" issue, again was done under warranty since I was able to get hold of a circular from skoda to the dealers with regard to this( thanks to t-bhp).

Have any of you faced any of the above issues? Is my car having unusual problems? Skoda and the dealer have been helpful alright, but it annoys me that my car which I otherwise think is a fantastic piece of machine keeps getting in to trouble! :-(
Well, Whats going around with skoda's? It seems many people are facing issues with their skoda's, Good to hear you had the extended warranty, I am too about to get the extended warranty for my Jetta. Both skoda and VW have great car's but the reliability part is really not great, As well as the service centre's are really average at the best.
Old 12th September 2015, 20:55   #2230
Distinguished - BHPian

Skoda India has introduced a new Rapid, with more features at no increases in prices.

First off - the topmost Elegance trim is now replaced by a new Style trim. Dual airbags are now standard across the range, while a new Carbon Steel colour option is now available for the car as well.

Skoda Rapid : Test Drive & Review-skodarapidexterior57357.jpg

Quote:
The Rapid is now available in Active, Ambition and Style variants. The latter variant replaces the old Elegance variant.

In terms of features, the Rapid now gets dual airbags as standard across the range. Going into the details, the entry-level Active variants now come with electric adjustment for the wing mirrors as standard, while the Ambition variants feature electrically foldable mirrors. Lastly, the renamed top-spec variant Style features auto-dimming interior rear-view mirror, cooled glove box and rain-sensing wipers as standard.

Summing up the updates, Skoda has also introduced a new carbon steel colour option for the new Rapid.

Despite all these additions, prices for the Rapid will continue to remain the same.
Carwale
RavenAvi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th September 2015, 21:29   #2231
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Skoda India has introduced a new Rapid, with more features at no increases in prices.

First off - the topmost Elegance trim is now replaced by a new Style trim. Dual airbags are now standard across the range, while a new Carbon Steel colour option is now available for the car as well.

Carwale
Just when I thought whats new in Rapid is the Anniversary pack, THIS!

Well that's one up over the vento with the Auto Dimming mirror and Rain Sensing. I am pretty sure it will have auto headlights as well; as VAG has a common module for auto lights and Rain sensing.
I just hope they change the interior color scheme as well. All black interior; someone listening?

When they say prices unchanged; they mean anniversary prices or old high prices?
Old 15th September 2015, 15:49   #2232
Distinguished - BHPian

This is the 2015 Skoda Rapid Monte Carlo Edition revealed at the Frankfurt Motor Show;

Skoda Rapid : Test Drive & Review-skodarapidmontecarlofrontatiaa2015900x596.jpg

Skoda Rapid : Test Drive & Review-skodarapidmontecarlosideatiaa2015900x596.jpg

Skoda Rapid : Test Drive & Review-skodarapidmontecarlorearthreequarterleftatiaa2015900x596.jpg

Skoda Rapid : Test Drive & Review-skodarapidmontecarlodashboardatiaa2015900x596.jpg

Dont understand why is Skoda not interested in launching this product here instead what Skoda gives us is stupid Anniversary editions

Image Source

Last edited by karan561 : 15th September 2015 at 15:51.
Old 16th September 2015, 01:13   #2233
BHPian

Hello

I had taken my car for the minimum adaptation of injectors yesterday to Vishal Cars, Kanpur. After repeated failures at initiating the test, when the test finally started (which at the start mentioned it to be of 40 minutes), it abruptly came to an end within 2-3 mins and the screen displayed 'test complete', result 'ok'.

I insisted on seeing the log as I was not satisfied as to how the test ended within few mins when the results could have been gauged only after 40 mins as mentioned on the VAG COM screen as well.

Finally, when they showed me the log, there was no report and the status showed 'please wait'. It further mentioned the adaptation to be carried out for 40 minutes in red. Attaching the picture. I showed them the picture from Bhp-ian Bosporous's post. However, they could not explain and kept on insisting that the test was complete and all is working fine.

It would be a great help if somebody could direct me to some technical personnel at SAIPL.
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda Rapid : Test Drive & Review-dsc_0006.jpg  

Last edited by torque18 : 16th September 2015 at 01:20.
Old 19th September 2015, 14:37   #2234
Distinguished - BHPian

Skoda is believed to be working on the Rapid facelift due for launch in 2016.

Expect the updated Rapid to look like the international version, with design similar to its bigger sibling Octavia. Possibly the model will be on display in the upcoming Auto Expo 2016.

Quote:
Skoda India is playing a major role in the facelift of the Rapid. "All activities for the facelift of Rapid going as per satisfaction.

http://auto.economictimes.indiatimes...india/49007483

Last edited by volkman10 : 19th September 2015 at 14:41.
Old 27th September 2015, 00:29   #2235
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedalpoint View Post
Booked a 1.5 TDI MT Rapid Elegance Brilliant Silver.

Ex showroom price of the anniversary edition is 9.49 and OTR comes to 11.16 in Chennai.

No other discounts offered by the dealer.

Hey! Congrats.

Do you have a price list from the chennai dealer handy with you?

I would like to see the OTR price of all the variants.

With this reduced price, I see 1.5 TDI Elegance plus Black Package is below ₹10 lakhs (means lower road tax %). IMHO, that's very tempting.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks