Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 29th October 2015, 01:01   #2266
BHPian

Re: Skoda Rapid : Test Drive & Review

So the much awaited injector failure has finally struck! The second injector in my Rapid conks off midway to Kasauni, Uttrakhand forcing me to drive the car 90 kms downhill on three cylinders.
The car was attended to at Channel Motors, Haldwani who arranged a used injector from their demo car and carried out the subsequent coding and adaptation. However, the MFMA log report was not checked and neither was I allowed to go through the same inspite of my insistence. Result being that my second attempt to climb the hills suffered another blow with the same symptom surfacing again which however disappeared upon restarting the car. By now the reliability of the car was in serious doubt and we decided against taking the car any further implying that we again headed to Haldwani to park the car and take a taxi for our destination.
During the entire episode, I was in regular touch with the area manager who had the audacity to suggest that only the faulty injector would be replaced and not all four as demanded by me. Vento and Rapid owners would recall that there is already a TPI issued to the workshops in this regard which also contains the cut-off VIN. My car falls within the said cut-off VIN but still SAIPL wants you to first suffer before they take the corrective measures.
The second error which had occurred was related to yet another injector as diagnosed at Vishal Cars, Lucknow. That makes it three. The area manager has been informed telephonically about this but I am yet to receive a response.
Price you pay for driving the German delight!
torque18 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th October 2015, 15:44   #2267
BHPian

Hi,

Is there anyone who has got their car recently serviced and has been charged for VAS Scanning? If yes, how much?

Also, has anyone got their car serviced recently under AMC and being asked to pay for the VAS Scanning as separately?

Thanks
Old 29th October 2015, 23:54   #2268
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by achopraa View Post
Hi,

Is there anyone who has got their car recently serviced and has been charged for VAS Scanning? If yes, how much?

Also, has anyone got their car serviced recently under AMC and being asked to pay for the VAS Scanning as separately?

Thanks
Today only I got my car serviced at 90,000 kms and VAS scan was 560₹. I got it confused as first time I am hearing about separate VAS scan pricing. Cross checked old bills and they have been charging the same.

I dont have AMC, so I donno of your other doubt.
500ContyCruiser is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th November 2015, 14:58   #2269
BHPian

Anyone here done their 90,000km service, Whats the cost like? Anything apart from the usual oils & filters that needs attention? Mine is due and I plan to give the vehicle at Vinayaka this week.
The clutch looks like it needs attention. Apart from that the vehicle drives like a charm.
Had my batteries replaced with Amarons last week for Rs 4975/- through batteryexpert.com.

Edit: Just noticed 500Contycruiser's post. What was your bill like?

Last edited by onedotsix : 9th November 2015 at 15:18. Reason: Did'nt notice the previous post
Old 12th November 2015, 00:54   #2270
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sree5999 View Post
Hi All,

I drive a 2012 Aug make Rapid Elegance with 32K on the ODO. Few days back I have got my alignment done and during this I have noticed another Rapid getting new set of tyres fitted, during the tyre change I observed that the machine on which they remove the old tyre and install new is causing the alloys to scratch like we hit the pavement while parking. Is this common during tyre change and need to live with it or is there any alternate so that the alloys don't scratch. I am curious to know this as I will soon need to get the same done on my Rapid and don't want to scratches/damage my alloys.
Also as I am due for my third (45K) service next month, appreciate if any one can help share what needs to be checked. I have no issues with my Rapid till date but worried about my injectors as my vehicle is 2012 Aug make.
Friends, appreciate if any one can help suggest how the tyres can be changed without scratching the alloys.
Old 12th November 2015, 12:14   #2271
BHPian

Recently saw a color on the Rapid which is similar to the VW Tofee Brown color. The rapid looks awesome in this color, a very rare color.

How about the service of the Skoda ? Is there any improvement ?
What will the be mileage that we can expect out a petrol rapid version ?

Last edited by deemash : 12th November 2015 at 12:16.
Old 12th November 2015, 13:12   #2272
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deemash View Post
Recently saw a color on the Rapid which is similar to the VW Tofee Brown color. The rapid looks awesome in this color, a very rare color.

How about the service of the Skoda ? Is there any improvement ?
What will the be mileage that we can expect out a petrol rapid version ?
Toffee Brown was available from early 2015. Just that we don't see it much on the roads.
Service depends upon your City and the dealers around there. In Bangalore there are TAFE and Vinayaka Skoda, both have their fare share of positive and negative reviews, but one can live with it, at least here in Bangalore. Rapid Petrol gives a mileage around 10-12kmpl within the City and 14-16kmpl in Highways. With AC and a mix of City & Highway driving, you can expect a figure around 11-13kmpl (Driving sedately). If you push it too hard, it will drop to 8-10kmpl.
Funny is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th November 2015, 10:42   #2273
BHPian

Has anyone topped up 1.6TDI's engine oil themselves? If so, could you please give the specs of the engine oil? I need to top up mine as it is at the 1/3rd level now and I'm not near a service center now.
Old 13th November 2015, 14:05   #2274
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horizon81 View Post
Has anyone topped up 1.6TDI's engine oil themselves? If so, could you please give the specs of the engine oil? I need to top up mine as it is at the 1/3rd level now and I'm not near a service center now.
I have not topped up on my own, but this is the oil used in the A.S.S for the 1.6 TDI - VW 505.01 Castrol Magnatec professional
Old 13th November 2015, 14:31   #2275
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horizon81 View Post
Castrol Magnatec Professional
5W-40
Fully synthetic engine oil.
The only fly in the ointment is that it's only available in VW/Skoda service centres. (The ones in the local market are not 'professional' and is semi synthetic oil). It costs Rs.970 for a 1 litre bottle. Just ask for a Vento/ Rapid engine oil, depending on the service centre you visit.
Old 14th November 2015, 15:43   #2276
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by venkyhere View Post
I have not topped up on my own, but this is the oil used in the A.S.S for the 1.6 TDI - VW 505.01 Castrol Magnatec professional
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbohead View Post
Castrol Magnatec Professional
5W-40
Fully synthetic engine oil.
The only fly in the ointment is that it's only available in VW/Skoda service centres. (The ones in the local market are not 'professional' and is semi synthetic oil). It costs Rs.970 for a 1 litre bottle. Just ask for a Vento/ Rapid engine oil, depending on the service centre you visit.
Thanks guys for replying. After a couple of calls to, and advice from Skoda helpline and my SA, I've topped up with half litre of Castrol Magnatec 5W-30 fully synthetic engine oil. The other options available off the shelf were Shell Helix Ultra 5W-40 and Shell Helix 5W-40, which I decided against, since this was a top up and not an engine oil replacement. Prices quoted were:
Shell Helix 5W-40: 2200 for 3.5L
Shell Helix Ultra 5W-40: 5500 for 4L
Chosen: Castrol Magnatec 5W-30: 1470 for 3L

Last edited by ampere : 18th November 2015 at 11:53. Reason: Removing unwanted spacing between quoted posts.; Corrections as requested
Old 14th November 2015, 20:17   #2277
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by onedotsix View Post
Anyone here done their 90,000km service, Whats the cost like? Anything apart from the usual oils & filters that needs attention? Mine is due and I plan to give the vehicle at Vinayaka this week.
The clutch looks like it needs attention. Apart from that the vehicle drives like a charm.
Had my batteries replaced with Amarons last week for Rs 4975/- through batteryexpert.com.

Edit: Just noticed 500Contycruiser's post. What was your bill like?

Sorry, I just noticed your post as I was traveling during Diwali time.

The bill came up to ~14500 Rs. Apart from normal service, I got rear suspension coils and front break pads replaced. Else, the bill would have come around 10k, I guess.

I was advised to replace battery, decided to postpone it for later.
500ContyCruiser is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th November 2015, 08:22   #2278
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillsnrains View Post
I have to visit ASS again for the fuel lid issue. My car is still under extended warranty, So I will push them to replace defective part under warranty.
I am quoting my own post dated September 29, as the problem is not yet resolved. I am struggling enough to replace one small actuator (which costs around 2000/-). Here are the series of things as it happened

1. September 30th, I have visited Vinayak Skoda ASS, Bangalore to rectify the issue with fuel cap. As usual they do not have stock, but service guy mentioned this part is covered under extended warranty.
2. I have called service engineer after a week and he said part is under transit and due to truck strike. He said he will inform me once the part arrives.
3. Again in the middle of October I have called and was told part is not yet arrived.
4. Again I have called in last week of October and confirmed that finally part has arrived. When I asked about timeline for repair he said one hour. Service engineer never bothered to call me and update on part availability, which he promised earlier.
5. Finally I took the appointment and visited ASS on 11th November. Service engineer tells this part is not covered under extended warranty. I have lost my cool and gave him peace of mind, then he discussed with his superior and said he can replace under warranty. But I need to drop the vehicle for whole day . I have left the vehicle and reached home. I have got a call from service engineer in about 3 hours saying their DMS(need to enter defective part details) is not working and repair cannot be done. I do not have any intentions to leave the vehicle with them overnight, so took the vehicle as is

Bottom line: I have already spent more than 2K (for commuting to ASS), but the issue is not yet resolved.

I have to visit them again and will update on progress.

Last edited by hillsnrains : 15th November 2015 at 08:25. Reason: typo
Old 15th November 2015, 11:53   #2279
BHPian

post the incident on Skoda india facebook page and mail to Skoda customer care. Atleast Skoda must know about their service centers how they treat their customers.

Last edited by sunilsoft : 15th November 2015 at 11:54.
Old 15th November 2015, 21:59   #2280
BHPian

Hi All,

Can anyone please help me on the below issues as my vehicle is at the service center for the 3rd year service and not sure if the service adviser is helping me.

I have given my rapid elegance 2012 Aug make 32500 on the ODO for the 3rd year service on Saturday, as this is 2012 make, insisted the service adviser to get the minimum quantity adaption done but got a reply that it is a part of VAS software upgrade and there is no separate test for the injectors, can anyone please help me on this as the vehicle is scheduled for delivered on Monday and the software upgrade will be done before the delivery.

The second issue is I have oil leakage marks around two of my injectors and asked the service adviser to check it, later got a call that the packing has to be changed and will cost me 4k and insists that it is not covered under warranty.

The third issue is when the vehicle passes through rough roads at 40-50 speed, I hear some kat sound from the front suspension, the service adviser later informed me that some bushes needs replacement and will cost me 4k and not covered under warranty.

Most Viewed