Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th November 2015, 08:55   #2281
BHPian

Re: Skoda Rapid : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by sree5999 View Post
I have given my rapid elegance 2012 Aug make 32500 on the ODO for the 3rd year service on Saturday, as this is 2012 make, insisted the service adviser to get the minimum quantity adaption done but got a reply that it is a part of VAS software upgrade and there is no separate test for the injectors, can anyone please help me on this as the vehicle is scheduled for delivered on Monday and the software upgrade will be done before the delivery.

The second issue is I have oil leakage marks around two of my injectors and asked the service adviser to check it, later got a call that the packing has to be changed and will cost me 4k and insists that it is not covered under warranty.

The third issue is when the vehicle passes through rough roads at 40-50 speed, I hear some kat sound from the front suspension, the service adviser later informed me that some bushes needs replacement and will cost me 4k and not covered under warranty.
MFMA (the minimum quantity adaption) is an adaptation or modification of the injector values, and therefore is separate from the VAS software update. I'm guessing you should escalate this to the service manager. Tell them the engine sounds clackety / tractor like on cold morning starts (does it?) and therefore you want this fix - this incidentally is the official query in response to which VAG prescribes the MFMA to be applied.

The bushes definitely do not fall under warranty. However, the injector packing is a grey area issue - it may be rubber and therefore technically may not fall under warranty, but it requiring a change in just 3 years is scandalous. I'd say escalate this as well to the service manager, argue that this is the case of a sub-standard part filtering through, insist on a FOC goodwill replacement for the injector packing, and if it's rejected, ask for a written response from Skoda on how this part can fail so early in a car's lifecycle. My sense is they should oblige you on this and just replace it for free.
bosporus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th November 2015, 15:18   #2282
BHPian

Hello,

I have 2012 Rapid 1.6 MPI, which has run 41000 km as on today. I have not changed any brake pads / liners till now.

Since last couple of months, I am feeling that braking is not effective.

Initially, I was under impression that the feeling is due to worn out tyres. About 300 km back, I changed all four tyres with MRF ZLO 185/70 R14, after which the braking seems to be improved a bit.

Request you to share your experience on average life of the front brake pads, front brake disks and rear brake liners.

It would also be great if some body shares his experience on the options (brands other than OE) of brake pads available for Rapid.

Thank you in advance.
Old 17th November 2015, 15:39   #2283
BHPian

Skoda Rapid - Electrically adjustable ORVMs

Hello,

I have a 2012 Skoda Rapid 1.6 MPI, which has got manually adjustable ORVMs.

I wish to replace them with Electrically adjustable ORVMs.

Request the DIY experts to guide me if this is possible. If yes, please suggest how I should do it.

Thanks....
Old 17th November 2015, 15:39   #2284
Team-BHP Support

Quite possible, that the pads are worn. Your brake fluids might need bleeding also
ajmat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th November 2015, 01:30   #2285
Senior - BHPian

Re: Skoda Rapid - Electrically adjustable ORVMs

Quote:
Originally Posted by JitendraK78 View Post
Hello,

I have a 2012 Skoda Rapid 1.6 MPI, which has got manually adjustable ORVMs.

I wish to replace them with Electrically adjustable ORVMs.

Request the DIY experts to guide me if this is possible. If yes, please suggest how I should do it.

Thanks....
I doubt your wiring harness or your door has the provision (for all the relevant hardware to operate the mirrors, along with the switch)
I would recommend against it, but see if the mirrors in this link could be of any use to you.
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/VW-20...6.1.mEoOdb&s=p

Alternatively, you could vontact VAGtune.in and ask if they have any kits to retrofit power mirrors in your car.
frankmehta is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th November 2015, 08:31   #2286
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankmehta View Post
I doubt your wiring harness or your door has the provision (for all the relevant hardware to operate the mirrors, along with the switch)
I would recommend against it, but see if the mirrors in this link could be of any use to you.
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/VW-20...6.1.mEoOdb&s=p

Alternatively, you could vontact VAGtune.in and ask if they have any kits to retrofit power mirrors in your car.
Hello Frankmehta,

Thank you for the advice. Based on my experience with some current generation cars, in most of the cases, I have observed that the wiring harnesses are common for all variants of a model, even if a feature is not available in some variants.

I hope that same is the case in case of Rapid.

Since last year, I am searching for maintenance manual of Rapid but could not get hold of it. If one gets it, one can easily find out the reality without opening the door trim.

Any way, I will search the link that you have shared and will also contact VAGtunes.

Thank you so much.
JitendraK78 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th November 2015, 10:43   #2287
BHPian

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT post messages that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the quality of this forum.

Please read our rules before proceeding any further. We request you to post ONLY when you have something substantial to add to a discussion.

Last edited by GTO : 18th November 2015 at 15:48.
manas27587 is offline   Received Infraction
Old 19th November 2015, 08:35   #2288
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
Quite possible, that the pads are worn. Your brake fluids might need bleeding also
Hi Ajmat,

Thank you for the reply.

I got the car serviced last in March 2015 and next service is due in March 2016. In previous service, the SA did not update me if brake pad replacement is needed.

I am not willing to go to Skoda A.S.S. for next service and planning to perform oil, filter change etc myself.

In past, I have worked on brake systems of some vehicles such as Ertiga, Isuzu D-Max, Ritz etc, but have never worked on any skoda. I am planning to replace brake pads myself for my car, provided I get Skoda genuine brake pads over the counter.

As mentioned in my earlier post, I am searching for maintenance manual of Rapid so that I can perform some DIYs also.

Look forward to your valuable suggestion & guidance.

Thanks.
Old 20th November 2015, 15:01   #2289
Distinguished - BHPian

Saw an ad in the paper today for the Rapid- Buy in 2015 and pay in 2017 offer. Also saw 2-3 features listed as 'New Features'. I don't recall these being part of the Rapid. Are these really new features added or have they always been there in the latest Rapid?
  • Automatic Rain Sensing Wipers
  • Auto Dimming Inside Mirror
  • Electrically foldable mirrors

This is one car that definitely deserves more sales. Pity that Skoda Sales and Service concerns are preventing this.

Skoda Rapid : Test Drive & Review-skodarapid.jpg

Edit: Official Website has details. Lists the above as new features: http://www.skoda-auto.co.in/models/r...ber-offer.aspx

Last edited by Rajeevraj : 20th November 2015 at 15:07.
Old 20th November 2015, 15:10   #2290
Team-BHP Support

Woah rain-sensing wipers and auto-dimming mirrors! That's definitely new. Starts only from the Jetta/Octavia. I reckon even the electrically foldable mirrors weren't there before in the Rapid.

Now the Vento and Polo will get these. Mark my words!
Old 20th November 2015, 15:15   #2291
Distinguished - BHPian

Yes it is a new variant, style plus. I was in the market for the car and this was on top of my list, but finally settled for vento as I found that car is more premium from inside and also that eventually I wanted a petrol and not diesel. Vento misses out on rain sensing wipers and auto dimming IVRM.

As gannu said it will probably make it to Vento in next 4-5 months

Last edited by AtheK : 20th November 2015 at 15:17.
AtheK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th November 2015, 15:46   #2292
BHPian

Can existing Skoda's get these features retro-fitted for a cost ?
Old 20th November 2015, 18:53   #2293
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaileshHinge View Post
Can existing Skoda's get these features retro-fitted for a cost ?
Nope. At least not officially from the dealers. That is one of the biggest complaints existing users have. Skoda and VW keep sprinkling new features on a very regular basis( sometimes multiple times a year) with no option for existing owners to get these retrofitted. Especially considering that many of these add ons are feasible to do as several experts here have shown through DIYs and/or via independent garages.

I think in other countries such retrofit packages are available.
Rajeevraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th November 2015, 20:46   #2294
BHPian

Fellow rapid owners,
time to renew my car's 5th year insurance policy.
Rapid Elegance, 2011 model
IDV=6,38,949/-
NCB=45%

Bajaj Allianz quote=17k
Royal Sundaram quote =17.8k

Both are zero dep. policies. I have decided to go ahead with Bajaj Allianz.

Can i get any better deal than the above?
Old 21st November 2015, 07:34   #2295
BHPian

Have you tried Future Generali? I'm sure you will get a lower quote.
dspeter is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks