Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th January 2016, 20:05   #2341
Senior - BHPian

Re: Skoda Rapid : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbohead View Post
Hey Coolboy007, any updates about your friend's Rapid?
Some wire of the wheel speed sensor was cut and it was replaced at a not so expensive cost of 1.5k. Am glad that this was just a minor issue.
Old 11th January 2016, 21:51   #2342
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by svsudhir View Post
Hi Friends

Greetings to all.

I am finalising a 1.6 TDI Rapid Elegance Black - Make Mar'14 bought in Oct'14. 8340 on ODO from an IT executive who is relocating to US. It has extended warranty upto October 2019. Last servicing done at 6xxx KM in October 2015 with wheel rotation. Price Rs.8.40 lakhs. I am dealing with him directly. Is the price OK? Your views will help. Since the colour is black how do I protect its shine. In Hyderabad where can I get good detailing done at reasonable price?

Thanks.
Wouldn't a new one be available with just 1 more lakh ? Why do you want a 1.5 year old car after paying 8.4 Lakhs ?
Old 11th January 2016, 21:54   #2343

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaileshHinge View Post
Wouldn't a new one be available with just 1 more lakh ? Why do you want a 1.5 year old car after paying 8.4 Lakhs ?
Is the top end Elegance Diesel available at 9.4 lacs OTR?
Old 12th January 2016, 16:17   #2344
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by svsudhir View Post
Is the top end Elegance Diesel available at 9.4 lacs OTR?
Not sure about the taxes in Hyderabad, but I'm sure it would be around 12L for the top-end diesel or closer to that even after discounts.
Old 12th January 2016, 16:50   #2345
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeluM View Post
Not sure about the taxes in Hyderabad, but I'm sure it would be around 12L for the top-end diesel or closer to that even after discounts.
I may be wrong on the pricing. Apologies !
Old 13th January 2016, 13:20   #2346
Senior - BHPian

My colleague's 2013 Rapid (~ 30K odo) steering vibrates when braking at speed above 100 km. Service adviser suggested changing brake rotor and pads. Is it a common issue?
Old 13th January 2016, 13:43   #2347
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
My colleague's 2013 Rapid (~ 30K odo) steering vibrates when braking at speed above 100 km. Service adviser suggested changing brake rotor and pads. Is it a common issue?
I have this problem on my 2013 Vento TSI (~25 K). During the 2nd service the issue was mildly there, the brake pads were checked and said to be good for at least 6-7000 km ( This was at ~22K). During my last highway trip, noticed it had increased. Yet to take it to the service center. Couple of others have also reported this here. One person mentioned that the front disc's were skimmed and that solved the issue.
Rajeevraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th January 2016, 13:12   #2348
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
I have this problem on my 2013 Vento TSI (~25 K). During the 2nd service the issue was mildly there, the brake pads were checked and said to be good for at least 6-7000 km ( This was at ~22K). During my last highway trip, noticed it had increased. Yet to take it to the service center. Couple of others have also reported this here. One person mentioned that the front disc's were skimmed and that solved the issue.
Facing this issue on my Rapid currently. Its at 23K on the odo and the shuddering comes at 100+ kmph. It occurs towards the last 100 Kms of a long drive, say on a journey of 600+ kms. So I'm guessing it has to do with a strange combination of the heat on the disks + the aggressive ABS + brake pad deposits damaging the disk.

Like everyone said, my SA too suggested to replace the disks + pads and gave me an estimate of 8K for the job to be done. Skimming the disks is not something the service centers would do. In my next journey, coming up in the next couple of weeks, I'll try and see if cooling down the brakes with a longish break will help with getting rid of the issue, at least temporarily for the journey.

If it becomes too frequent, I may get the disks replaced. Otherwise, I'll wait till the 30K km service is due.
Horizon81 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th January 2016, 14:47   #2349
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horizon81 View Post
Facing this issue on my Rapid currently. Its at 23K on the odo and the shuddering comes at 100+ kmph. It occurs towards the last 100 Kms of a long drive, say on a journey of 600+ kms. So I'm guessing it has to do with a strange combination of the heat on the disks + the aggressive ABS + brake pad deposits damaging the disk.

Like everyone said, my SA too suggested to replace the disks + pads and gave me an estimate of 8K for the job to be done. Skimming the disks is not something the service centers would do. In my next journey, coming up in the next couple of weeks, I'll try and see if cooling down the brakes with a longish break will help with getting rid of the issue, at least temporarily for the journey.

If it becomes too frequent, I may get the disks replaced. Otherwise, I'll wait till the 30K km service is due.
Just gave the car for service today and reported about the same problem. It was very bad as I could literally see the steering vibrate. The SA at VW EVM Kochi suggested skimmng the discs. They are doing it outside and are charging around Rs1300.
I guess skimming is only advisable to do once after which you must replace ( with high quality after market stuff. Need to hunt for them).
Turbohead

Last edited by Turbohead : 14th January 2016 at 14:48.
Old 14th January 2016, 20:38   #2350
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sree5999 View Post
Hi Friends,

My Rapid is 2012 make 35K on the ODO and got my third service done in November. Noticed two issues, need your valuable advise.
=========
Friends, please help me on these issues as I am clueless.
Friends any help will be appreciated as I started hearing this sound mentioned in issue 1 even in the front gears.

Quote:
Just gave the car for service today and reported about the same problem. It was very bad as I could literally see the steering vibrate. The SA at VW EVM Kochi suggested skimmng the discs. They are doing it outside and are charging around Rs1300.
I guess skimming is only advisable to do once after which you must replace ( with high quality after market stuff. Need to hunt for them).
Turbohead
I have got my discs skimmed at 23K and no issues till date (35K).

Last edited by Jaggu : 14th January 2016 at 20:45. Reason: Back to back posts, please use Multi Quote [Quote+] instead. Thanks.
Old 17th January 2016, 18:55   #2351
BHPian

I just did 74000 Kms Servicing at JMD Skoda.

i was advised to replace the Coolant and Brake oils. I did so since i had not replaced these till now in last 3.3 years.

Is 74K correct interval for replacing these ?
Old 17th January 2016, 20:44   #2352
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I just did 74000 Kms Servicing at JMD Skoda.

i was advised to replace the Coolant and Brake oils. I did so since i had not replaced these till now in last 3.3 years.

Is 74K correct interval for replacing these ?
Brake fluids have to be replaced in the 3rd year and from then on every 2 years. Coolant is inspected during every service and is replaced as and when necessary. This is according to the VW service app.

Last edited by Turbohead : 17th January 2016 at 20:46.
Turbohead is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 18th January 2016, 02:19   #2353
BHPian

Hi BHPians,

Need some urgent advice.

So I took delivery of my new Skoda Rapid today, however, noticed one major issue.
The steering is comparatively stiff to turn right, compared to turn left.
Also, the steering doesn't come back to dead center from the left side, and does it quickly from the right. The car is also pulling slightly to the left.

I'm guessing its a simple case of wheel alignment, right? I'm hoping it has nothing to do with the steering rack?

Thanks.
Old 18th January 2016, 06:13   #2354
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhruvhersh View Post
Hi BHPians,

Need some urgent advice.

So I took delivery of my new Skoda Rapid today, however, noticed one major issue.
The steering is comparatively stiff to turn right, compared to turn left.
Also, the steering doesn't come back to dead center from the left side, and does it quickly from the right. The car is also pulling slightly to the left.
Did you check the tyre pressure post delivery? These new cars typically have very high/uneven pressure when delivered. Not sure if that is the source of your problem, but may be contributing to it.
Rajeevraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th January 2016, 21:29   #2355
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horizon81 View Post

Quote:
Turbohead
Late reply, but I am having the same problem in my Dec 2012 Rapid TDi which has run 30K until now. The vibrations started appearing at around 20K and speeds over 100Kmph as reported by many others.
The brake pads were skimmed during last service 6 months back, but the vibrations are still there. I plan to replace the disks next service.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks