Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd April 2016, 12:32   #2461
BHPian

Re: Skoda Rapid : Test Drive & Review

Just happened to pass by Viraaj Skoda dealership - Deccan, Pune.
Went on to enquire about changing the ORVM's (with indicators), and noticed Rapid in a new shade, Grey. Rapid looks awesome in this colour.

I wish I had the option available when I bought my Rapid.

I knew Brown was available from sometime now, and had seen a couple of them on roads, but, never seen the Grey one, which was a surprise, and it looks deadly..
Hemant_Joshi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2016, 21:59   #2462
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemant_Joshi View Post
Rapid in a new shade, Grey. Rapid looks awesome in this colour.
Already showing up in Rapid's official page as "Carbon Steel". Sure looks good.

Name:  rapid.png
Views: 8576
Size:  360.8 KB
Horizon81 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th April 2016, 22:46   #2463
BHPian

Hi,
Has anybody fitted a Hella Rallye 3003 on your Rapid?
Can you please post a pic or two?
Wanted to check the position of the lights.

I am not happy about the lighting, despite having fitted a Xenon Kit for Low beam and replaced the stock High beam with Philips Xtreme Vision+130,
Old 10th May 2016, 22:27   #2464
BHPian

Excellent review. Read every line of it and really happy to have booked a Rapid 1.6 MPI Ambition. can any one please help me out with the PDI list of Rapid? Will be doing it in day or two.
Old 14th May 2016, 16:31   #2465
BHPian

The air conditioner on my Rapid seems to have become completely ineffective in this summer season. Does anyone know if the 2012 Rapid TDI Ambition (with the manual air conditioner) had a cabin / pollen air filter? I suspect this hasn't been changed and is causing the poor performance. I can't seem to find any reference to this in the car's manual, and need to some guidance on how I can get to it!

Anyone else facing this as well?
Old 14th May 2016, 17:10   #2466
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenixash View Post
The air conditioner on my Rapid seems to have become completely ineffective in this summer season. Does anyone know if the 2012 Rapid TDI Ambition (with the manual air conditioner) had a cabin / pollen air filter? I suspect this hasn't been changed and is causing the poor performance. I can't seem to find any reference to this in the car's manual, and need to some guidance on how I can get to it!

Anyone else facing this as well?
Check out this link - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post3294802

Describes how to replace the cabin air filter. Pretty simple and you don't need any tools to do it.
Old 15th May 2016, 10:33   #2467
BHPian

My high beams have gone dead, but low beam still fine so assuming it is a simple fuse fix. However once I opened the fuse box cover, there is no map to tell which fuse is for what! Anyone has the fuse box map for the Rapid?

Last edited by KevinP : 15th May 2016 at 10:34. Reason: spelling error
Old 25th May 2016, 19:45   #2468
BHPian

I am looking to secure my Skoda Rapid Automatic by installing some safety features. Is it possible to install manual gear lock in automatic DSG variant, if yes where will it install?

Also do I even need it?
Old 25th May 2016, 19:57   #2469
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by heydj View Post
I am looking to secure my Skoda Rapid Automatic by installing some safety features. Is it possible to install manual gear lock in automatic DSG variant, if yes where will it install?

Also do I even need it?
Are you parking your car at a place where you scared it might be stolen? If you have a safe parking i really don't think you need it, Any lock you might find would obviously go around the DSG gear box and will mostly probably look ugly as well, Do you need it, Depends on how safe you think your parking is.
Old 25th May 2016, 20:02   #2470
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanveer_2558 View Post
Are you parking your car at a place where you scared it might be stolen? If you have a safe parking i really don't think you need it, Any lock you might find would obviously go around the DSG gear box and will mostly probably look ugly as well, Do you need it, Depends on how safe you think your parking is.
Yesterday there was a robbery in my colony hence started thinking on these lines though not sure if there is any gear lock available for DSG.

In my manual Swift i have autocop manual gear lock installed.
Old 25th May 2016, 21:12   #2471
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by heydj View Post
Yesterday there was a robbery in my colony hence started thinking on these lines though not sure if there is any gear lock available for DSG.

In my manual Swift i have autocop manual gear lock installed.
Oh, Then precaution is always better.

Is this autocop you have for your swift?http://www.amazon.in/Autocop-Car-Gea...ear+lever+lock

Is this one only for manual version?
Old 29th May 2016, 00:27   #2472
BHPian

From what I have heard from the Skoda dealer in Noida, there has not been any case of theft with Skoda cars. Not sure how true is this statement but gives a sense of assurance that Skoda cars are safe.
Old 30th May 2016, 14:52   #2473
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anubshar View Post
From what I have heard from the Skoda dealer in Noida, there has not been any case of theft with Skoda cars. Not sure how true is this statement but gives a sense of assurance that Skoda cars are safe.
Maybe skoda cars are not preffered in the 2nd hand market. Thieves would target only those cars which they can selloff immediatley.
Old 30th May 2016, 19:21   #2474
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anubshar View Post
It may be true since thieves prefer to steal cars which are very popular in the market( like Alto's) as tracking them is nearly impossible.
A stolen Skoda can be tracked quite easily as they are not popular. A look into the classifieds/ online marketplace's will give easy leads as the number of advertisements are low.
But stealing any car is possible. I've heard of pros stealing BMWs in Belgium. All they used is a truck, few ropes and a crane.
P.S: All this gyan here is not acquired by practice.
Old 7th June 2016, 16:47   #2475
BHPian

Hi
The coolant level in my car is at the minimum level.
The coolant available with Skoda is G13 while the reservoir in the car is marked G12.
Should G13 be mixed with G12 for topping up? Also, what is the coolant change interval or is it filled for life?
If mixing is not advisable then should it be topped up with distilled water or completely drained and filled with G13?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks