Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th June 2016, 04:19   #2476
BHPian

My DSG Rapid has developed a weird missing and shuddering recently. This happens at stand still and hard braking. The car keeps shaking as if it's missing a heart beat! I am yet to visit a service center as the nearest one is some 50 odd kms away. Any pointers?
Old 8th June 2016, 09:32   #2477
BHPian

Hi, Need advice on upgrading the stock ice in the rapid. Plans are to keep it simple so not planning on changing the head unit, getting extra speakers, amps installed but am open to the following:
1. Replacing stock speakers with better quality units that would fit with physical modifications
2. Getting an active sub( comes with a pre amp) installed, that's easy enough to remove and reinstall.
3. Any possible plug and play extensions like - bt support, any compatible steering mountable controls, etc.

Any recommendations?

Thanks!
Old 25th June 2016, 08:30   #2478
BHPian

Re: Skoda Rapid : Test Drive & Review

I'm looking for noodle type mats like the one from 3M. Any one bought from online store? I'm not DIY type of guy, so looking for ready to use solution.
Old 29th June 2016, 11:08   #2479
BHPian

Hello,

I have Rapid Ambition 1.6 Petrol (2012 model) with 47000 km on ODO.

I am facing a strange problem (explained below) since last week.

1) The backlight of MID is flickering (always).
2) When I pull the Passing beam stick (while overtaking etc.), the music systems switches off for a second and switches ON again (Randomly).
3) If I check Stop lamps, the light is flickering (always).
4) If the roof lamp is ON and I lock/unlock the doors, the roof lamp dims for a second (always).
5) Some times, only low tone Horn operates (Randomly).

I got the battery checked and the dealer confirmed that it is fine. The battery is 1.5 years old (Amaron). The charging indicator on battery shows Green color.

I also checked if there are any loose connections / rat bites on the wiring (whatever part of harness is visible from engine bay) but did not find any.

Please suggest me what to check.

I am reluctant to visit Skoda service, thanks to their unreliable service and exorbitant costs.

Thank you in advance.
Old 29th June 2016, 12:49   #2480
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhjain View Post
My DSG Rapid has developed a weird missing and shuddering recently. This happens at stand still and hard braking. The car keeps shaking as if it's missing a heart beat! I am yet to visit a service center as the nearest one is some 50 odd kms away. Any pointers?
I have a similar problem but probably unrelated. When I stop the car on a flyover, the car starts shuddering. This is in neutral/park/drive modes. The service center could not find anything. I originally thought this was only on inclines but after repeated testing, I realized it is only on flyovers. Strange!
Old 4th July 2016, 20:05   #2481
Senior - BHPian

Had a very frustrating and disappointing weekend. The warning symbol started glowing in my car 3 days ago and I lost power from the Turbo. The same situation happened exactly 11 months ago and the Skoda guys replaced both the Turbo and the EGR under warranty. Within a such a short frame of time I'm having a similar issue again and I'm out of extended warranty so dreading the sight of a huge bill! My car has just done under 34k and I have always kept it like new inside and out, well taken care of. In my 4 years of ownership no one has ever driven the car except me and the service folks! Never once to even a Valet parking guy! And look where I have landed up!

To make matters worse, the workshop which is closer to my home, claimed that they are on some software update program hence they won't be able to look in to this. The service engineer had the audacity to tell me to come back after 10 days! I then had to call a regional Skoda executive who then asked me to visit another service centre which belongs to the same dealer. Dropped the Car this morning,
Initial scans this morning showed EGR issue but this is how it started last time as well and then ended up being a turbo failure.
Really love my car, but on one side I have started to question myself if I should have stuck to some "safe" options like Suzuki etc!

Let's see how Skoda deals with this!

Any pointers on warranty on parts like turbo would help ( considering that my car's extended warranty expired earlier this year).
Old 4th July 2016, 21:39   #2482
BHPian

Hey god bless man! Hope it's only a minor issue and doesn't cause any other problems.
You may also want to check other garages, which service skoda cars. You could keep this option open as well, as parts outside the dealership are at least 20-30% cheaper, and the labor rates are far lesser as well. Best of luck buddy, hope this gets resolved soon
Old 5th July 2016, 00:21   #2483
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorworks View Post
Any pointers on warranty on parts like turbo would help ( considering that my car's extended warranty expired earlier this year).
Since the same issue has resurfaced again; put your foot and down and tell Skoda to do the necessary replacement under goodwill. Also give you in writing a certain warranty period say 1 year, that the part wont fail during that duration.

Workshop guys may say, cannot do under goodwill. Send mail across to Skoda higher ups and it should do the needful.
Old 6th July 2016, 09:33   #2484
BHPian

@motorworks: have you considered involving the folks at Wheels Wisdom to handle your case?
Old 7th July 2016, 10:23   #2485
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for all your replies, got a call from Vinayak Skoda this morning. They are replacing the EGR free of cost, I would be charged for labour which is estimated at around Rs.3500. But my concern lies around the root cause. For 2 EGR failures to happen in 11 months with just 5000km running I'm getting a feeling that there may be more to it. I really hope this is the end of the issue though.

Not sure when I would get the car back, they haven't given me a timeline since they are yet to get the ETA of the new EGR from Skoda Aurangabad. I'm presuming it's another 5 working days at least.
Old 11th July 2016, 21:28   #2486
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorworks View Post
Thanks for all your replies, got a call from Vinayak Skoda this morning. They are replacing the EGR free of cost, I would be charged for labour which is estimated at around Rs.3500. But my concern lies around the root cause. For 2 EGR failures to happen in 11 months with just 5000km running I'm getting a feeling that there may be more to it. I really hope this is the end of the issue though.

Not sure when I would get the car back, they haven't given me a timeline since they are yet to get the ETA of the new EGR from Skoda Aurangabad. I'm presuming it's another 5 working days at least.

Got my car back this evening. Skoda has replaced the EGR free of cost. It costs a whopping 40k, I'm being told by the service executive. My extended warranty expired about 4 months ago, so basically it's a "Goodwill" gesture since they had originally replaced the same part and the Turbo precisely 11 months ago under warranty.

I had to pay about 3.5k for labour today, but My questions on what could be the root cause of such a failure in just under 11 months and 4000kms remain unanswered.

Any pointers on the potential reasons behind EGR failure?
Old 14th July 2016, 13:13   #2487
BHPian

Hi. I need wheel hubcaps for my Rapid Alloys. Does anyone know where in Mumbai I can get them? I'm looking for cheap aftermarket replacements. Thanks.
Old 14th July 2016, 13:32   #2488
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by patron View Post
I have a similar problem but probably unrelated. When I stop the car on a flyover, the car starts shuddering. This is in neutral/park/drive modes. The service center could not find anything. I originally thought this was only on inclines but after repeated testing, I realized it is only on flyovers. Strange!
I don't think its your car. Its the flyover itself rocking (slightly). I feel it every time I stop my car.
Old 14th July 2016, 13:38   #2489
CGB
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by patron View Post
The flyovers are designed to flex for clearence. If you stop your car at the middle of the expansion joint, you can experience vigorous shakes. This is absolutely normal and nothing to do with the car.
Old 15th July 2016, 00:07   #2490
BHPian

Interested in getting the Skoda Rapid 1.5 TDI AT, but confused on when.
Understand that currently there are offers of around 1.5 Lakhs which makes it attractive.
Given the fact that a facelift can be announced around Diwali, can we expect more discounts for the existing model?
Should I be waiting till Diwali, or do you think that the prices cant get any better?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks