Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 30th June 2017, 17:10   #2671
BHPian

Re: Skoda Rapid : Test Drive & Review

Hi guys
Finally I decided and bought the new 2017 Rapid DSG. I am yet to get the delivery though. I have swift zxi. I was actually looking for an automatic car. I casually went for a test drive and I was totally blown away by the 250nm torque and the DSG gearbox. I also took test drives of Polo GT TSI and Vento TSI. Father didn't like the vento, as per him it was a bit bumpy at the back. I also liked the interiors of Rapid more than Vento. I was also bowled over by the new face of the Rapid. Projector lamps, 16" 195 section wheels are also some of the features I liked on Rapid. I have not owned any diesel car, nor do I have any experience with automatic cars. So I am sure that I am going to have a lot of queries. Firstly, the SA informed me that all the cars are thoroughly tested so there is no need to follow any running in period, and that I can rip it from day one. How true is that? I am asking because I am used to Marutis where the run in period is strictly mentioned in manual. I haven't got the owners manual of Rapid as I am yet to take the car's delivery.
I seriously hope that I enjoy the TDI DSG combo for a long long time. I hope that I made the correct choice. Its choice made by the heart and not by brain
Brigadier is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th July 2017, 22:21   #2672

Hi All, just booked a white Rapid TDI in Chennai. Question: Is the Skoda maintenance package really necessary? It is 30,000. Is it really worth it?

Thanks,
Veera
Old 21st July 2017, 06:38   #2673
BHPian

Guys, a quick help. A friend has a 2014 Rapid 1.6 Petrol. He needs to replace the battery. Batterybhai shows two batteries compatible with this car - 45Ah and 60Ah. Which one is the right one?
Old 21st July 2017, 06:44   #2674
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by krish_veera View Post
Hi All, just booked a white Rapid TDI in Chennai. Question: Is the Skoda maintenance package really necessary? It is 30,000. Is it really worth it?

Thanks,
Veera
Congrats !! I would suggest take it. IIRC it's not just a maintenance package for 4 years but also includes extended warranty.
Old 21st July 2017, 12:50   #2675

Thanks Altocumulus. But the sales guy said the 4 years warranty is included within the price. This maintenance package is for consumables that we will pay during service.
Old 21st July 2017, 13:00   #2676
BHPian

If it is including the 2 year extended warranty, don't even think twice, it is good value. Just the engine oil for every year will cost about 4k
Old 22nd July 2017, 17:15   #2677
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Altocumulus. But the sales guy said the 4 years warranty is included within the price. This maintenance package is for consumables that we will pay during service.
If the maintenance package includes engine oil change during service, I think you should go for it. If your driving is 25000-30000 kms in a year it makes all the more sense since you will also get the timing belt within this amount.
Old 22nd July 2017, 18:40   #2678

Thanks a lot for your replies. I will opt for the maintenance package.
Old 26th July 2017, 17:51   #2679

Quick question. Is Paint Protection from 3M for new car worth? I am going to take a delivery of white Skoda Rapid today. Would like fellow members opinion on paint protection and underbody coating.
Thanks,
Veera
Old 27th July 2017, 10:24   #2680
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Quick question. Is Paint Protection from 3M for new car worth? I am going to take a delivery of white Skoda Rapid today. Would like fellow members opinion on paint protection and underbody coating.
Thanks,
Veera
If you are buying the diesel version, you dont need an underbody coating. At least until end 2016, the Diesel version came with rough road package which prevents any kind of under body rusting/mild protection from small stone hits etc. So you would not need that. Paint protection will be good and you can get it done from a dedicated detailer if available. If not 3M is also not a bad option.
Old 27th July 2017, 16:41   #2681

Thanks Abhinav, yes my car indeed comes with rough road protection. I am not sure about dedicated dealers for paint protection, will stick with 3M since they have a couple of shops around town
Old 31st July 2017, 16:43   #2682
BHPian

Hello Guys
Just went through the above posts and thought to share my experience. I took delivery of my DSG Rapid Style LE on 3rd July.
The diesel Rapid does come with rough road package, so SA informed me there is no need to go for any underbody coating. I however opted for paint sealant treatment at dealership level for Rs 7,500/-.
I have also purchased the SMP or Skoda Maintenance Package worth Rs 29,999. The details of this plan are yet to be updated in MyŠKODA app.
I have had pleasant buying experience at Viiraaj Skoda Pune, the details of which I'll put in relevant thread. So far I have completed around 1,030Km.
Cheers !
Brigadier is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 13th August 2017, 20:42   #2683
BHPian

Has anyone upgraded the stock speakers of their Rapid DSG Style LE variant? Although the stock setup is not too bad, but it lacks a Tweeter, so I am missing the highs. So is there any upgrade from VW or Skoda, which is just plug and play and which can be installed at dealership level without voiding the warrany?
Old 13th August 2017, 23:34   #2684
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brigadier View Post
I took delivery of my DSG Rapid Style LE on 3rd July.
The LE model with rear spoiler and 16 inch wheel looks great in Rapid. Congratulations!

How is the ride quality and the suspension in the city with the 16 inch wheels?
sups is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th August 2017, 23:51   #2685
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sups View Post
The LE model with rear spoiler and 16 inch wheel looks great in Rapid. Congratulations!

How is the ride quality and the suspension in the city with the 16 inch wheels?
Thanks Sups. The car is indeed a looker with the new face which was updated last year and this year, new 16" wheels, spoiler and rear cam, etc were added to 2017 model.
I also have a 2014 Swift Zxi, so my review of the suspension setup will be compared to my Swift. I found the suspension setup in Rapid a tad too soft. Its not a bad handling car, but my swift has hard suspension as compared to Rapid, so swift handles a bit better. But the ride quality in Rapid is totally plush. My parents liked the suspension and ride quality instantly.
Also the stock tires were Apollo Alnac 4G, and at just 1,000Km exact, the side wall of rear left wheel got ruptured. I tried to claim warranty, but Apollo denied it saying that the tires were run flat for some time. What do they expect, should I have stopped immediately on middle of road, as soon as the side wall punctured? Of course I had to take the car to a side and then put on spare tire. This side wall cut on a brand new tire made me uncomfortable, so I replaced all 4 tires with Michelin XM2 of same stock size, which is 195/55 R16.
Brigadier is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed