Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 30th November 2011, 16:20   #256
BHPian

Re: Skoda Rapid : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishanth.shegde View Post
Even I am planning to upgrade the tyres to 185 profile. Still doing research on the which brand to go for. Bridgestone is ruled out as none of the bridgestone tryes come in profile which the Elegance variant has. Only choice would be between Yokohama and Michelin. Please let me know if you find out something about these.
You get two Bridgestone tyres in 185/60/15:

1. B250
2. Turanza ER300

I am hearing good things about ER300 so far.
Old 30th November 2011, 16:28   #257
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by krish.sathish View Post

1. B250
2. Turanza ER300

Great info. I had checked the Bridgestone website and didn't find this profile. Proabably I missed something. Thanks so much !!

Also, I am looking for something which has got good ride quality, long life (atleast 40-45K) and less road noise. Any idea, which will suit my requirements ? Not too much worried about the performance part. Most of the driving will be in dry conditions.
Old 30th November 2011, 16:39   #258
Senior - BHPian

Hey hey hey...

I am not sure if anyone has pointed out this before. I was just going through the specs of Fabia 1.6 and thought lets compare those with Rapid 1.6 petrol MT and what do I see...

You can see that the Rapid petrol MT is technically exactly same as the Fabia 1.6. Same to the last decimal place. Even the wheels are same. Fabia 1.6 never took off, so it was a great plan to reuse the material from it for the Rapid. IMO, Skoda have done a smart job of reusing the stuff they had. I did not find a mention of this even in the official review here. Sorry, I ain't nitpicking, this is just FYI for all.

Skoda Rapid : Test Drive & Review-fabia16_rapid16.jpg

Source:
http://www.skoda-auto.co.in/ind/mode...abiaFacts.aspx
http://www.skoda-auto.co.in/ind/mode...icalspecs.aspx

Last edited by ajay_satpute : 30th November 2011 at 16:41.
ajay_satpute is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 30th November 2011, 16:45   #259
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute View Post
You can see that the Rapid petrol MT is technically exactly same as the Fabia 1.6. Same to the last decimal place. Even the wheels are same.
This is the VW strategy. The same goes with Vento petrol HL and the Polo1.6!

Cheers!
Old 30th November 2011, 16:47   #260
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
This is the VW strategy. The same goes with Vento petrol HL and the Polo1.6!

Cheers!
Yes, agreed. Only difference is, correct me if I am wrong, Polo 1.6 was launched after Vento.
Old 30th November 2011, 20:45   #261
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajitmoses View Post
I am by no means an ICE expert but if you are looking at Fiesta Stock ICE kinda performance, a speaker upgrade with a good amp will definitely sound better. I am waiting for my Ambition to be delivered but I have already bought the ICE. My setup is as follows. Infinity Reference 6032cf - Rear, Infinity 609CS - Front, Infinity Reference 475a Amplifier.
Sorry for going
How much did the setup cost? Have you decided the HU?
Where are you planning on installing them?
Old 30th November 2011, 22:01   #262
BHPian

What a review! It was beautifully crafted, and as detailed as ever.. Kudos to Samurai and Vid6639, you guys did an awesome job... This Team-BHP review was absolutely instrumental in helping me decide which car to buy... and yes, I did book a Rapid TDI Elegance! (test drove pretty much all of them in under 23lakhs). Thanks!
kryptonite is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th November 2011, 22:28   #263
BHPian

Saw the car in the flesh today. It looks more like a mini Laura than like an overgrown Fabia. Was able to spot it at the outset while my friends stood dumbstruck. The Rapid looks ravishing. The image factor is much more in this than the conservatively styled Vento. The front doesn't remind me of the Fabia in any way.

Now I see why Skoda was contemplating on naming it Laurette

Kudos to the team for an excellent review.
Old 1st December 2011, 05:10   #264
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute View Post
Hey hey hey...

I am not sure if anyone has pointed out this before. I was just going through the specs of Fabia 1.6 and thought lets compare those with Rapid 1.6 petrol MT and what do I see...

You can see that the Rapid petrol MT is technically exactly same as the Fabia 1.6. Same to the last decimal place. Even the wheels are same. Fabia 1.6 never took off, so it was a great plan to reuse the material from it for the Rapid. IMO, Skoda have done a smart job of reusing the stuff they had. I did not find a mention of this even in the official review here. Sorry, I ain't nitpicking, this is just FYI for all.
Interesting! Thanks for the comparison. So in reality, one is paying a couple of lakhs extra just for the boot.
Old 1st December 2011, 10:00   #265
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kryptonite View Post
What a review! It was beautifully crafted, and as detailed as ever.. Kudos to Samurai and Vid6639, you guys did an awesome job... This Team-BHP review was absolutely instrumental in helping me decide which car to buy... and yes, I did book a Rapid TDI Elegance! (test drove pretty much all of them in under 23lakhs). Thanks!
Hi Kryptonite, taking a leaf from what you said... why did you chose a Rapid out of all cars under 23Lacs? Why not Laura if it was in your budget. I'm asking as i'm in the same boat as you.
Old 1st December 2011, 10:27   #266
Senior - BHPian

The stock size is 185/65/15 on the top end (elegence?), Options in this size are extremely limited.

If you are upgrading to 15 inchers, I suggest 195/60/15 where you get a wide array of options from almost all tyre manufacturers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by krish.sathish View Post

1. B250
2. Turanza ER300

Quote:
Great info. I had checked the Bridgestone website and didn't find this profile. Proabably I missed something. Thanks so much !!

Also, I am looking for something which has got good ride quality, long life (atleast 40-45K) and less road noise. Any idea, which will suit my requirements ? Not too much worried about the performance part. Most of the driving will be in dry conditions.
Old 1st December 2011, 10:42   #267
Team-BHP Support

Stock size in Rapid and Vento for the Highline/Elegance model is 185/60-15. 195/60-15 is ok for an upgrade although one size bigger.

The lower models have 175/70-14.
Old 1st December 2011, 11:14   #268
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kumarsiddhi View Post
Hi Kryptonite, taking a leaf from what you said... why did you chose a Rapid out of all cars under 23Lacs? Why not Laura if it was in your budget. I'm asking as i'm in the same boat as you.
Mostly because the Rapid is VFM, and actually because I'd overestimated my budget . I would've considered the Laura/Jetta if I could get a loan of 20+ lakhs.

Detailed description here: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...r-23lakhs.html
Old 1st December 2011, 11:21   #269
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Th!ru View Post
Sorry for going
How much did the setup cost? Have you decided the HU?
Where are you planning on installing them?
I bought the speakers and amp from the US. Got it for very cheap. Came to about 20k including Scosche wiring. Looking at getting the Kenwood KDC-U6046 - Costs about 6k+. Kannan from Leo Car Accessories will be doing my install. He is highly rated by fellow Tbhpian @Nitrous
Old 1st December 2011, 15:29   #270
BHPian

Quote:
Even I am planning to upgrade the tyres to 185 profile.
Spoke to few Michelin dealers for exchange - their suggestion was 185/70 R14 (i am told these are the same OEM on ANHC) also for the stock tyres on Rapid Autozone is offering 2400 per unit and the new Michelin are 4650 per unit. Anyone known better deals in NCR ?

Btwn : Delivery is now pushed as the bank will take more time

Most Viewed