Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th June 2018, 14:45   #2791
BHPian

Re: Skoda Rapid : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarmac.terrorist View Post
The authorised workshop is saying that complete egr system needs to be replaced worth ₹63k approx.
Try procuring the EGR system from a 3rd party vendor and get it installed from an experienced technician. Here are few results from my search:

Link-1

Link-2

Note: Contact the seller, confirm the compatibility and check OEM part numbers before purchasing!
Old 1st July 2018, 15:25   #2792
BHPian

Wheel force centre an authorised Bosch car service and repair centre in rajouri garden is quoting ₹32k for the new OEM egr system with complete installation included in this.
They are also providing 2year warranty on this product.
Also they are saying the car's current egr set up can also be repaired for 8k but with no warranty.
My friend intends to keep his car for another 1-2yr.
His running is little high nearly 20000km/yr.
Should he buy the new one with warranty or get this one repaired?
Are these Bosch service centre reliable or should he look out for some other garage?
Old 3rd July 2018, 21:20   #2793
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarmac.terrorist View Post
Wheel force centre an authorised Bosch car service and repair centre in rajouri garden is quoting ₹32k for the new OEM egr system with complete installation included in this.
Wheel force is a very competent workshop in West Delhi, from what I have heard. I think, you should go for complete EGR replacement. I consulted him for my VRS once, and his solution was bang on. THough I still opted for the Authorised Ser. Station.

But before doing that, is it possible to try some cleansers as DIY? Just noob question. May be it solves the problem.

Last edited by ampere : 8th July 2018 at 22:59. Reason: Compacted quoted post
Old 4th July 2018, 21:30   #2794

I want to install OEM reverse parking camera in Rapid Ambition 2017 model. Do I need to install only camera and integrate it with existing dashboard screen or do I have to replace the screen also?

Pl advise any other options too.
Old 8th July 2018, 22:00   #2795

Hi Guys,

Car - 2017 Skoda Rapid 1.5 TDI Ambition

My insurance is expiring at the end of this month. I currently have Bharti AXA Insurance. It has Zero Depreciation along with driver & passenger cover, Invoice Cover and Engine Protector. It costed me around 31,000 Rs. last year.

With all the above options, it costs me around 23,305 now. But I don't think I need invoice cover this year, since my IDV is 8,95,000. After removing, it costs me 21,719.

I also checked United Insurance. For the same benefits chosen above, I am getting it for 18,022.

I have 20% NCB which has been included in both United and Bharti.

Couple of questions:
1: Should I go for United or stick with Bharti?
2: do I need Engine Protector?
3: Is 8,95,000 a decent IDV? Should I increase/decrease it?

Note: All the above quotes are from Coverfox. The cost is inclusive of GST. I used Coverfox to purchase the insurance last year as well.

Thanks,
Veera
Old 9th July 2018, 02:17   #2796
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by krish_veera View Post
1: Should I go for United or stick with Bharti?
If the workshop you visit has a cashless tie up with United, then I see no issue going forward with it. Bharti AXA has tie ups with most.

Quote:
2: do I need Engine Protector?
You never know when you may hit something damaging the engine. Good to have.

Quote:
3: Is 8,95,000 a decent IDV? Should I increase/decrease it?
Depreciate previous IDV by 10% and you will have the IDV for this year.
Old 24th July 2018, 17:08   #2797
BHPian

My rapid has had a suspension (front) replacement at 70,500 kms. The car has completed 112000 kms.

There is a peculiar noise when the car goes over speed breakers. It feels as though there is some sort of a lubrication issue.

What could it be? I was thinking about getting it overhauled again, but there is no bouncing on the front. I am wary of taking the car to the ASS or the FNG just for the reason that without proper diagnosis, they would pitch for a suspension overhaul.
deepfusion is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th July 2018, 07:29   #2798
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepfusion View Post
There is a peculiar noise when the car goes over speed breakers. It feels as though there is some sort of a lubrication issue.

What could it be? I was thinking about getting it overhauled again, but there is no bouncing on the front. I am wary of taking the car to the ASS or the FNG just for the reason that without proper diagnosis, they would pitch for a suspension overhaul.
If you have been using it in rains and slush, get an underbody wash and greasing. It could be hardened mud and muck in the suspension components that's causing the noise.
discoverwild is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th July 2018, 10:36   #2799
BHPian

The engine oil warning light started blinking in my Rapid (1.6TDi) today morning. Fortunately, was almost near my office when it happened and I was able to park the car soon after. Yet to open up oil cap and check the level (will do later today).
Oil was last topped up 5 months back during regular service. I have to check if there are any leaks.
I am confused about how to get the oil and top it up now. There are multiple brands (Shell, Castrol) prescribed on this thread, and I am not sure what brand was used by the service center earlier.
Old 28th July 2018, 19:45   #2800
BHPian

Skoda Rapid : Test Drive & Review

I was just informed by my FnG guy that the abs module is kaput and hes asking 35k for repairing the same.
Any suggestions or ideas to get it repaired?
Old 29th July 2018, 14:06   #2801
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nma83 View Post
The engine oil warning light started blinking in my Rapid (1.6TDi) today morning. Fortunately, was almost near my office when it happened and I was able to park the car soon after. Yet to open up oil cap and check the level (will do later today).
Oil was last topped up 5 months back during regular service. I have to check if there are any leaks.
I am confused about how to get the oil and top it up now. There are multiple brands (Shell, Castrol) prescribed on this thread, and I am not sure what brand was used by the service center earlier.
Oil level had dropped to minimum when I checked the dipstick! And this is just 5 months after a full oil change done in Feb during annual service. Topped up with Shell Helix 5W-40 oil (about 0.5lt) and was driving to the service center for a check-up when the oil warning started flashing again. But dipstick showed there was enough oil (checked after stopping the car and waiting 5 mins).
So I drove on assuming there must be an issue with the oil sensor, called up the service center to let them know I was doing so. The SA checked the oil levels and confirmed it was enough and there were no externally visible leaks. They examined further and determined there were a couple of suspects:
1. The engine valve door was leaking oil from the top (just under the engine cover). This was noticed in the regular service in Feb but they said it can be replaced during the next year's service. So the loss of oil seems to be due to this leakage, which does not show anywhere else other than under the engine cover. Cost of replacement is ~20k.
2. This leak had apparently disrupted the functioning of the oil pressure sensor and hence the warning lights up though there is enough oil. The fix is to replace the sensor immediately. It was estimated to cost around 1k.

I drove the car back home with the oil warning flashing once in a while. I have been advised to do a manual oil check regularly to be safe. I wanted to ask if anyone here has seen the engine valve door leaking. My car has just crossed 50k kms and is 6 years old.
Old 2nd August 2018, 20:46   #2802

Got delivery of my Carbon Steel Rapid 1.5 TDI AT today. Drove the car from dealership to home around 20 Km (My first automatic drive sans 1 Km test drive i took a week back). Adapted to automatic mode pretty soon than I thought. The experience at Gurudev Motors Teynampet was smooth.
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda Rapid : Test Drive & Review-whatsapp-image-20180802-20.26.43.jpeg  

kumaranna is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2018, 13:25   #2803
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manas27587 View Post
I was just informed by my FnG guy that the abs module is kaput and hes asking 35k for repairing the same.
Any suggestions or ideas to get it repaired?
A little late with my response but get it checked from the authorized service station. Mine went kaput last year and they got all the 4 sensors changed for 4k at a 70% discount. For out of warranty cars, they might have some discounts going cos they know we will get it changed from outside.
Old 11th August 2018, 23:07   #2804
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nma83 View Post
1. The engine valve door was leaking oil from the top (just under the engine cover). This was noticed in the regular service in Feb but they said it can be replaced during the next year's service. So the loss of oil seems to be due to this leakage, which does not show anywhere else other than under the engine cover. Cost of replacement is ~20k.
2. This leak had apparently disrupted the functioning of the oil pressure sensor and hence the warning lights up though there is enough oil. The fix is to replace the sensor immediately. It was estimated to cost around 1k.
The oil pressure switch has been replaced and the flashing warning is gone. But the 'valve door' leak still is supposed to be concerning and I have to apparently pay 50% advance (~10k) to order the replacement. I cannot find any second opinion on this forum if I search for 'valve door' leaks. I could only find reference to a cylinder head leak in a Vento thread (same 1.6TDi engine). Any others here who have got the 'valve door' replaced?
Old 13th September 2018, 19:30   #2805
BHPian

Hey folks need your valuable inputs here.

Planning to buy a 2013 Skoda Rapid TDI Ambition Plus with 64k kms on the odo. The car is in a pretty good condition both inside and outside.
The dealer is asking for 3.9 lakhs. What would be the appropriate price for it?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks