Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 29th September 2018, 10:14   #2806
BHPian

Hi Guys, need some help. I have October 2016 purchased Rapid 1.5 TDI. battery just died suddenly and the car would not start. Called the RSA, they jump started the car, ran the car for 20 minutes but then again the same issue after the car was switched off. Called the SC and they are saying battery has only one year warranty and battery cost will be 7500 plus tax and 1000 as breakdown charges. Car has run 40000 kms.

One, is the battery carrying only 1 year warranty? Two, is the battery really dead or could be some other issue? Three, is the charge correct that is being quoted?

Thanks.
Raj
raaj.bhalla is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th September 2018, 11:58   #2807
Senior - BHPian

Re: Skoda Rapid : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by raaj.bhalla View Post
Hi Guys, need some help. I have October 2016 purchased Rapid 1.5 TDI. battery just died suddenly and the car would not start. Called the RSA, they jump started the car, ran the car for 20 minutes but then again the same issue after the car was switched off. Called the SC and they are saying battery has only one year warranty and battery cost will be 7500 plus tax and 1000 as breakdown charges. Car has run 40000 kms.

One, is the battery carrying only 1 year warranty? Two, is the battery really dead or could be some other issue? Three, is the charge correct that is being quoted?

Thanks.
Raj
Call up third party battery sellers (or a nearby Exide/Amaron dealer) and get your battery replaced. Normally fepending on the battery the warranty period is between two and four years.

Next get the charging checked by a reliable auto electrical shop. For all you know, the alternator may be acting up.
Old 29th September 2018, 12:37   #2808
BHPian

Quote:
Is the battery really dead or could be some other issue? Three, is the charge correct that is being quoted?
My June 2016 bought TDI DSG also had battery failure last month. Ordered new amaron battery from batteryboss.in for Rs.5150 which was delivered in two hours.
Old 29th September 2018, 13:48   #2809
BHPian

Thanks. Would taking battery from third party void the Skoda warranty as I still have two more years to go of warranty.

Thanks. Can you tell me where did you order the battery from? And did they install it too? My car is in Bangalore

Mod Note: Please use the EDIT or MULTI-QUOTE buttons instead of typing one post after another on the SAME THREAD!

To know how to multi-quote, click here.

We advise you to read the Forum Rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 29th September 2018 at 14:16.
Old 29th September 2018, 14:46   #2810
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks. Would taking battery from third party void the Skoda warranty as I still have two more years to go of warranty.
[/b]
You can find a car battery on batterybhai.com or batteryboss.in

It will not void any warranty, as long as you put the new battery with the same specifications as before.

And yes they will install the battery in your car, generallythey do it free.

Also try to exchange your old battery as the price will be less. Details are on all websites.

Enjoy your ride.
Old 29th September 2018, 19:08   #2811
BHPian

I am facing a strange issue in my 2012 TDI.

The car requires unusually long crank during the first start of the day. For the rest of the day it starts normally.

The battery was replaced in December 2016 and since it's normal for the rest of the day, battery doesn't appear to be the culprit.

Could it be a sign of a failing fuel pump?
torque18 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 29th September 2018, 22:58   #2812
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by torque18 View Post

The car requires unusually long crank during the first start of the day. For the rest of the day it starts normally.

The battery was replaced in December 2016 and since it's normal for the rest of the day, battery doesn't appear to be the culprit.

I think it’s better to check the things in the below order,
1. Battery check
2. Fuel pump relay
3. Fuel pump
pavi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th September 2018, 12:02   #2813
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by torque18 View Post

Looks like the battery has gone weak. Get it checked at any nearby battery shop. Sometime the battery cable clamps become loose, so get that checked and clams tightened.

Normally the first crank of the day especially in the morning takes the most power as the engine has cooled down and the oil is at its most viscous state. During the day the engine is quite warm so less power is required.
Aroy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th October 2018, 13:52   #2814
BHPian

Dear Friends,

I have a recurring issue with the disks and brake pads in my car.

It has done 35k kms now. I had shuddering problem with the brakes ever since last 3 years just as less as 5k kms on the odo.

I kept using it and one fine day, the disks are completely scrapped.

So I got disks and brake pads changed. Now it is just 3k kms after the replacement, I am facing the same shuddering problem.

Now my biggest doubt is on the alloys which was an after market fitment. It is basically imported HRS alloys. I am clueless how can alloys cause such problem. I have seriously no idea about that.

A FNG person asked me to check the wheel alignment and balancing. I am not sure how this is going to help!.

Can someone please guide me on this.
Old 14th October 2018, 11:10   #2815
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rki2007 View Post
Dear Friends,

I have a recurring issue with the disks and brake pads in my car.
So I got disks and brake pads changed. Now it is just 3k kms after the replacement, I am facing the same shuddering problem.

Now my biggest doubt is on the alloys which was an after market fitment. It is basically imported HRS alloys. I am clueless how can alloys cause such problem. I have seriously no idea about that.

A FNG person asked me to check the wheel alignment and balancing. I am not sure how this is going to help!.

Can someone please guide me on this.
Normally shuddering while breaking points to either warped disks or malfunctioning ABS. Though a problem on all the four wheels is very rare.

Check the state of your disks and brake pads, if there is abnormal and/or uneven wear then the disk mounting(s) are not aligned.

In case the Alloy Wheels have a manufacturing/design defect then they may be unbalanced dynamically (that is they wobble at high speed in spite of static balance weights). That can be detected as wobble/vibration at high speeds. Unbalanced wheel system can cause the brake disks to wear out if you habitually "slam" on the brakes at high speed.
Old 14th October 2018, 11:46   #2816
BHPian

My car's key fob has stopped working. I have to use the key to physically open the car by inserting the key in the keyhole.

What should I do to get it working again?
Old 14th October 2018, 12:05   #2817
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepfusion View Post
My car's key fob has stopped working. I have to use the key to physically open the car by inserting the key in the keyhole.

What should I do to get it working again?

The key battery cell would have conked off. Go to Skoda ASC and get it replaced. Should cost around Rs.200.
Old 14th October 2018, 12:12   #2818
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vshankarhere View Post
The key battery cell would have conked off. Go to Skoda ASC and get it replaced. Should cost around Rs.200.
The battery is good. Tested it. Even replaced it. The problem persists.
Old 14th October 2018, 12:33   #2819
BHPian

Quote:
Surprising. If that is the case, then the key itself should be the problem. How old is your car / key? Is the key used extensively so that the buttons themselves have worn out?
Old 15th October 2018, 16:58   #2820
BHPian

Quote:
Have you tried to spare fob? The buttons on one of my fobs are so worn out that the unlock button doesn't work at all.

Best take it to the ASC

Most Viewed