Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st December 2011, 16:39   #271
BHPian

Re: Skoda Rapid : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by LL4X4 View Post
Spoke to few Michelin dealers for exchange - their suggestion was 185/70 R14 (i am told these are the same OEM on ANHC) also for the stock tyres on Rapid Autozone is offering 2400 per unit and the new Michelin are 4650 per unit. Anyone known better deals in NCR ?

Btwn : Delivery is now pushed as the bank will take more time
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
Stock size in Rapid and Vento for the Highline/Elegance model is 185/60-15. 195/60-15 is ok for an upgrade although one size bigger.

The lower models have 175/70-14.

LL4X4 and Vid,

I checked the 1010tires website. The stock tyres on Elegance are 185/60-15 and there is more than 1% deviation if I go for 185/65 -15 or 195/60-15 or 185/70-14. I guess, going for 205 profile would be best if somebody is looking for an upsize. Otherwise, sticking to 185/60-15 would keep the specs intact. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Now, the question is , which brand is best for 185/60-15 profile. As per Bridgestone website, they dont have this profile. So, only Michelin and Yokohama are the ones which can be considered. Which is better if somebody is looking for good ride quality, long life and less road noise ?
Old 1st December 2011, 17:21   #272
Distinguished - BHPian

Great Success for Skoda with RAPID. Potential to be the C segment leader!

"Within two weeks of its launch, the Skoda Rapid has made over 1,600 Indians fall for it! A release to sum up sales performance of the Skoda India states that the VW-owned car manufacturer expects the C-Segment Rapid to turn into the best-selling vehicle for the Indian market in the future."

Skoda Rapid bags 1,600 bookings in the first month of launch

Last edited by volkman10 : 1st December 2011 at 17:39.
Old 1st December 2011, 23:18   #273
Max
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Great Success for Skoda with RAPID. Potential to be the C segment leader!
Skoda Rapid bags 1,600 bookings in the first month of launch
I am too in love with Skoda Rapid. Its a love at first sight but I am really scared of Skoda A.S.S. after reading harish's thread and skoda want to “instigate” Team-BHP and its users! thread.

I asked my other friends who owned skoda in past and they only had two word to say "stay away". Do any one have chart of spare parts prices for skoda rapid?.

Do anyone know and have first hand experience about skoda spares availability in open market.

Last edited by Max : 1st December 2011 at 23:20.
Old 2nd December 2011, 13:32   #274
Senior - BHPian

You can safely upsize till 2% deviation. If you have decided on 15 inchers, go for 195/60/15, you get lots of options in this spec.

185/60/15 is the stock size and I dont think you get michelins and yoko's in this size. 205/55/15 doesnt have much options either.

Good ride quality and less noise calls for softer tyres which mean the overall life of them will be lower (around 40k kms). Both michelin's and yoko's are equally good in this aspect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishanth.shegde View Post
LL4X4 and Vid,

I checked the 1010tires website. The stock tyres on Elegance are 185/60-15 and there is more than 1% deviation if I go for 185/65 -15 or 195/60-15 or 185/70-14. I guess, going for 205 profile would be best if somebody is looking for an upsize. Otherwise, sticking to 185/60-15 would keep the specs intact. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Now, the question is , which brand is best for 185/60-15 profile. As per Bridgestone website, they dont have this profile. So, only Michelin and Yokohama are the ones which can be considered. Which is better if somebody is looking for good ride quality, long life and less road noise ?
Old 4th December 2011, 21:37   #275
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max View Post
I am too in love with Skoda Rapid. Its a love at first sight but I am really scared of Skoda A.S.S. after reading harish's thread and skoda want to “instigate” Team-BHP and its users! thread.

I asked my other friends who owned skoda in past and they only had two word to say "stay away". Do any one have chart of spare parts prices for skoda rapid?.

Do anyone know and have first hand experience about skoda spares availability in open market.
Well Max. All German cars need some TLC (Tender loving car). I doubt Skoda spares are gonna be cheap or readily available. If you are the kind who would drive day in and out, rough use your car and would not take care of your cars, then you are better off with a Toyota. Jap cars are typical low maintainence, rough use cars.

On the other hand if you love and maintain your cars well, do a bit of preventive maintenance, the Skodas can be loyal companions. They are cars which handle well at high speed, have a rough road package (which takes of the underbody). The Rapid (unlike the Superb) comes with less gizmos, so a lot less can go wrong.

My 2009 Octavia still drives beautifully and i have had NO issues till date. Skodas are like beautiful wives....they can be temperamental and could be high maintenance
rxpaul is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th December 2011, 12:24   #276
BHPian

Quote:
Btwn : Delivery is now pushed as the bank will take more time
All,

I have taken the delivery yesterday - got except floor mats from Jai Auto. I will put the details in the ownership thread.The dealership experience was nothing great.

Upgraded to Michelin 185/65 R14 cost 10K incl new set of valves for set of 4. (stock tyres exchanged for Rs.2500 a piece) Nitrogen fill was complementary by dealer.
Old 6th December 2011, 12:32   #277
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
All,

I have taken the delivery yesterday
Congrats on your booking. Would await your ownership report!

Cheers!
Old 7th December 2011, 15:40   #278
BHPian

any comparisons between Sunny and Rapid out there...?
Old 10th December 2011, 03:50   #279
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rxpaul View Post
Well Max. All German cars need some TLC (Tender loving car). I doubt Skoda spares are gonna be cheap or readily available. If you are the kind who would drive day in and out, rough use your car and would not take care of your cars, then you are better off with a Toyota. Jap cars are typical low maintainence, rough use cars.

On the other hand if you love and maintain your cars well, do a bit of preventive maintenance, the Skodas can be loyal companions. They are cars which handle well at high speed, have a rough road package (which takes of the underbody). The Rapid (unlike the Superb) comes with less gizmos, so a lot less can go wrong.

My 2009 Octavia still drives beautifully and i have had NO issues till date. Skodas are like beautiful wives....they can be temperamental and could be high maintenance
Off-topic, but I would like to disagree on some aspects, especially reliability.
Since the Octavia, the new age Skoda's are known to spring up problems, especially with the DSG. While preventive maintenance might help, it does not take away from the fact that the new Skoda's are not as reliable as what they used to be. My friend, who takes great care of his cars is already facing issues with the TPMS light coming on, in less than 5,000kms!

However, at the same time, you are right about two things: Skoda parts may not be as easily available, and possibly on the higher side - not that Honda and Toyota will be much better. However, expect the Skoda to require less part replacements simply due to its better build. I have seen an ANHC with interior plastics falling off, and would expect the Skoda to handle this a lot better. In fact, in a report by D-BHPian Sahil, I remember reading about how his Superb A/T was actually cheaper to maintain than his Altis A/T, as the parts lasted longer - like the brake pads.
Also, the second point about the Rapid being more reliable (and hopefully Octavia like) due to lower electronics is true. I would expect the same, especially as most of the issues are with the DSG Gearbox.
My take would be to do research on the forum, and go ahead with the Rapid if there is a good dealer near you. If not, things could go horribly wrong as was the case with Harish.
lamborghini is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 11th December 2011, 01:10   #280
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rxpaul

You couldn't have summed it better !
Very well said that. You hit the nail pal!
I've got a six year old octy and been giving her all that TLC.
And even today I drive her and feels like she's like that 6 y.o. wine thats aged well.

The rapid sure reminds me of the octys of yore..
Old 11th December 2011, 07:33   #281
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Its been almost a month since the launch, but I have not spotted even a single Rapid on road till date. Except the 'Raipd(ly) delivered', no other ownership account as well. Seems like, deliveries haven't picked up pace yet.
Old 11th December 2011, 10:12   #282
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhatiagagan View Post
any comparisons between Sunny and Rapid out there...?
A comparison of the Sunny diesel (when it launches) and diesel Rapid would be great. More than the cars, a comparison of Skoda and Nissan A/S/S is needed. In Bangalore, I think there are 2 Skoda dealers and only 1 Nissan dealer. Leaves us car-buyers very little choice in either brand. I request all Fabia and Micra owners to share their experience when it came to cost and availability of spare, quality of service, etc.

Last edited by sumeshmani : 11th December 2011 at 10:13.
Old 11th December 2011, 14:36   #283
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDP
Its been almost a month since the launch, but I have not spotted even a single Rapid on road till date. Except the 'Raipd(ly) delivered', no other ownership account as well. Seems like, deliveries haven't picked up pace yet.
I was told that delivery will happen around 10.12.2011 when I booked the car in Cochin but till now I haven't heard from the dealer. They say there is some delay. I guess the story is the same everywhere. Haven't seen any Rapid on the roads of Kerala either.
Old 11th December 2011, 20:56   #284
Senior - BHPian

Have seen two or three Rapids on the road and I must say it's a looker, especially in Black. Just the right mix of style and conservatism. I don't hesitate in saying that it's a tie for the best looking C-segment sedan between the Rapid and the Linea.
Old 12th December 2011, 00:07   #285
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
Only way to lock all doors is to press the button. No auto lock, though it can be programmed at the dealer level:
What does this mean? Can auto-lock be enabled via some tuning to the settings or through some kind of equipment upgrade?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks