Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 31st May 2019, 17:00   #2866
BHPian

Re: Skoda Rapid : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by kugo_93 View Post
Dear members, i own a 2016 rapid dsg. It had undergone its 3rd service just a month back at 30,800 kms. After having covered about 1000 kms in a span of a month I casually checked the oil level and found that the oil was at the exact half mark on the dipstick. This was checked on a proper flat surface and double checked with a cold engine as well. (P.s:- for warm engine, the oil was checked after 10 mins after switching off the engine ). I visited the jmd bhandup worshop yesterday to make sure all is fine and the technician said that the half mark is fine as long as it doesn't touch the low mark where u need to fill in about 0.5 litre of oil (castrol edge professional 5w40 505.01 complaint). Can anyone please confirm their oil levels just to make sure that half mark is fine or should I just top up to the full mark if everyone else's show the full mark. Idk if I am being paranoid but better to be safe than sorry.
Thanks in advance.
Is it a Diesel?
Did you check the engine oil level after oil change. Was it at the maximum level?

If it was at the maximum level, then ideally it should not have dropped till halfway mark within 1000km. But the TDI is known to drink oil so don't bother too much

Buy a 1 litre can and top-up as and when required. From service to service it might consume about 600 to 700ml has been my experience (mine is the 1.6 TDI)
Old 31st May 2019, 17:55   #2867

Yes its a 1.5 tdi diesel. I made the mistake of not checking the oil right after the oil change.The car feels smooth, no issues infact returns 20 plus kmpl on highway. Majority the car is driven on highway and in sparse traffic conditions.I wonder why there should be any oil consumption in such situations.
Old 2nd June 2019, 13:07   #2868
BHPian

Quote:
Yes its a 1.5 tdi diesel. I made the mistake of not checking the oil right after the oil change.The car feels smooth, no issues infact returns 20 plus kmpl on highway. Majority the car is driven on highway and in sparse traffic conditions.I wonder why there should be any oil consumption in such situations.
Don't worry. It does consume some amount of oil. It is mentioned in the manual too. You can top-it up now, if you want, or drive for another few thousand and check and then top-up then. Either-way take care not to go above the maximum level
Mohan Mathew A is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th June 2019, 13:02   #2869
BHPian

Hey guys, I have a second hand 2012 MPI and the battery was last changed by the owner in early 2016. Lately, the first crank of the day takes longer and the other issue is that the car refuses to crank right after I've shut the engine and try starting it within a couple of minutes. It behaves like the battery is dead but all electricals and the lights/ac blowers work. It starts okay after a short break of around 10-15 min.

Does this look like a battery issue? The car is generally driven around 50-100km a week but only on weekends (on most weekends).
Old 6th June 2019, 13:11   #2870
Senior - BHPian

This is a battery issue, try to drive the car for a few minutes everyday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shome View Post
I figured as much. I'm planning to change the battery as I'm not sure if the 2016 replacement date is accurate as I was going by what the previous owner said. I thought I'll check with the experts here.

Additionally, is it fine to go for a 60 AH battery instead of the 45 AH one? Do I need to make any changes to the electricals?
Stick to the default battery specs, beware this is a Skoda.

Last edited by deehunk : 6th June 2019 at 13:30.
deehunk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th June 2019, 13:20   #2871
BHPian

I figured as much. I'm planning to change the battery as I'm not sure if the 2016 replacement date is accurate as I was going by what the previous owner said. I thought I'll check with the experts here.

Additionally, is it fine to go for a 60 AH battery instead of the 45 AH one? Do I need to make any changes to the electricals?
Old 7th June 2019, 10:44   #2872
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shome View Post

As long as it fits in the battery bay, there is no harm in having a more powerful battery, and no you do not have to do anything with electricals. The higher capacity battery may take longer to come to full charge, though.
Aroy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th July 2019, 07:16   #2873
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 500ContyCruiser View Post
Yesterday I had gone to replace my car's armrest cover (which Vinayak Skoda, Bangalore, took almost 2 months to get the part). To my surprise, found out that there is a design change in armrest console itself (in latest models), hence the new armrest cover was not fitting
Difference in armrest covers:
In old armrest setup, there is grove kind of thing which holds the cover. And it has extra leaf in the cover (you can notice in the image below) to mask the gap.
Raking up an old post. Was this resolved? My 2012 Rapids armrest lock had also broken. Not able to find a replacement online. All the locks on AliExpress are did the newer model
Old 4th July 2019, 08:02   #2874
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrman View Post
Not able to find a replacement online. All the locks on AliExpress are did the newer model
Did you try scrap yards or near by FNG's? Please share a photo of the broken arm rest lock and the one's you bought from Aliexpress.
Old 4th July 2019, 13:12   #2875
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrman View Post
Raking up an old post. Was this resolved? My 2012 Rapids armrest lock had also broken. Not able to find a replacement online. All the locks on AliExpress are did the newer model
No, it did not get resolved.

Shelled out 5,000 and got new one. The A.S.S fellows dint fix it properly and within few weeks/months lock got broke again! Also to mention, the new console added additional rattling.

Anyway the car sold now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deehunk View Post
Did you try scrap yards or near by FNG's? Please share a photo of the broken arm rest lock and the one's you bought from Aliexpress.

Unless there is newer design. Here are the pics.
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offic...ml#post3922141 (Skoda Rapid : Test Drive & Review)
500ContyCruiser is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th September 2019, 21:52   #2876
BHPian

Hi,

Can anyone please help me suggest good FNG in Hyderabad as Mahavir Hyd updated that my Rapid (1.6D 2012, clocked 75K) fuel rail(the one which supplies fuel to the injectors) needs replacement and would cost something around 55k. Last week I have given the vehicle for glow plug and check engine lights glowing on the instrument console.

Also please suggest any alternative to get the fuel rail replaced.
Old 11th September 2019, 15:17   #2877
BHPian

Dear Friends,

I have a 2015 Skoda Rapid and the Volume "Roller" on the steering mounted control is completely broken. Its unusable now. Has anyone faced this issue? Where can I get a replacement part for it and possible place where I cam get it fixed. Currently im in Chennai. I would be grateful for any leads.

Thanks
Old 11th September 2019, 19:03   #2878

Hello sir, same thing happened with me as well on my 2016 rapid style plus automatic. It was replaced at authorized workshop in Mumbai, paid by me as it wasn't covered under warranty.
kugo_93 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th September 2019, 19:38   #2879
BHPian

Quote:
Hello sir, same thing happened with me as well on my 2016 rapid style plus automatic. It was replaced at authorized workshop in Mumbai, paid by me as it wasn't covered under warranty.
Can you please let me know how much you paid for fuel rail.
Old 11th September 2019, 21:23   #2880

Quote:
Originally Posted by sree5999 View Post
Can you please let me know how much you paid for fuel rail.
Sorry, I don't have a official figure for the fuel rail.

Most Viewed