Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 14th September 2020, 16:58   #2926
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2019
Location: Coimbatore
Posts: 102
Thanked: 252 Times
Default Re: Skoda Rapid : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless.... View Post
Hello and welcome to a long due and from what Iíve seen a rather rare thread on ownership impressions of the Skoda Rapid 1.6MPi Manual Transmission. .
This is a great post and you didn't repeat the experiences that other owners including me have posted here. Happy to have another 1.6MPI owner here.

The only request I have is can you throw some more light on re-map on 1.6MPI? Since it's a Naturally aspirated, I don't have an idea about the improvements post remap. I know the warranty will be void if it's remapped, but will the showroom folks find it?
gasinveins is offline  
Old 14th September 2020, 22:12   #2927
BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 106
Thanked: 124 Times
Default Re: Skoda Rapid : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by gasinveins View Post
This is a great post and you didn't repeat the experiences that other owners including me have posted here. Happy to have another 1.6MPI owner here.

The only request I have is can you throw some more light on re-map on 1.6MPI? Since it's a Naturally aspirated, I don't have an idea about the improvements post remap. I know the warranty will be void if it's remapped, but will the showroom folks find it?
Hello and thank you! About the re-map, Shibin from Petes worked that out for me. On paper the gains are under 10%. That however did not bother me cos I wasnít after the numbers at all. I wanted the car to basically have mid-range punch which to me this MPi lacked severely, especially lacking any pull in gear 3 in its stock map. Now donít get me wrong, the car has a slick gear box and is most suited for someone with a light foot. Coming from a re-mapped swift, I missed the diesel punch but then again, the diesel rapid made no sense for my running. Hence, the re-map even before finishing 1st year of ownership. Post re-map, the petrol mill pulls in every gear, a lot better than it used to. I can potter around in gear 3, in traffic, no issues. Mind you, this is still no diesel but the map made a world of difference to drivability. Full marks there. I am not sure if there are any gains on the top speed cos even without the map, on highway runs, triple digit illegal speeds were possible. On the mileage front, I have no complaints. Driven with a lead foot, Iíve seen it go to 10 kmpl on highway runs, but keeping revs under 3k rpm, I have get close to 17 kmpl. I hope this helps. And finally, no, the maps presence cannot be found during routine service unless they specifically look for it. This being a no nonsense NA petrol mill, I do not expect to be making any claims there. That much I can say after close to 26k kms post re-map. Happy motoring
Endless.... is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th December 2020, 09:54   #2928
BHPian
 
suhas_raj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 128
Thanked: 164 Times
Default Re: Skoda Rapid : Test Drive & Review

Just a question on the stock ICE on 2014 Rapid, I believe it is the RCD320 unit. Would any of you know if we could add on an aftermarket amplifier (2 Channel/4 Channel) to the RCD320 without upgrading the HU? I’d like to stick to the existing OEM HU look but feel that a slight improvement over speaker output is much needed. I’d appreciate if anyone who’s tried this to kindly share their experience.
suhas_raj is offline  
Old 19th February 2021, 20:23   #2929
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2021
Location: Ahmednagar
Posts: 6
Thanked: 15 Times
Default Re: Skoda Rapid : Test Drive & Review

Hello fellow riders,
I am planning to buy a Rapid Rider MT. I was convinced to buy Nexon before, but I am getting second thoughts after driving Rapid. Rapid outperforms Nexon in terms of drivability.

I would really appreciate if someone can please throw some lights on the average service and maintenance cost of the vehicle . The guys at showroom are quoting that it would fall somewhere around 7-8k per service.

Thanks in advance.
point11 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th February 2021, 23:09   #2930
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2019
Location: Coimbatore
Posts: 102
Thanked: 252 Times
Default Re: Skoda Rapid : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by point11 View Post
I would really appreciate if someone can please throw some lights on the average service and maintenance cost of the vehicle . The guys at showroom are quoting that it would fall somewhere around 7-8k per service.

Thanks in advance.
Hi Point11, You can go ahead with your purchase of Rapid rider MT without any second thoughts. The service cost is the same as quoted by the dealers 7-8k per service where you can also opt for 4 years service pack for even relaxed ownership. I own a 1.6MPI and my first service costed me 5.4K. The service quality is top notch in Coimbatore and Skoda is looking forward to improve even more in other cities. You can also opt for 4+2 year warranty(can also be opted before the end of fourth year) at 25k I believe for fuss free ownership.

1.0TSI is a gem of engine and this a >4m car which you can get it for <4m car price with better safety features.
gasinveins is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th February 2021, 00:43   #2931
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2021
Location: Ahmednagar
Posts: 6
Thanked: 15 Times
Default Re: Skoda Rapid : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by gasinveins View Post
Hi Point11, You can go ahead with your purchase of Rapid rider MT without any second thoughts. The service cost is the same as quoted by the dealers 7-8k per service where you can also opt for 4 years service pack for even relaxed ownership. I own a 1.6MPI and my first service costed me 5.4K. The service quality is top notch in Coimbatore and Skoda is looking forward to improve even more in other cities. You can also opt for 4+2 year warranty(can also be opted before the end of fourth year) at 25k I believe for fuss free ownership.

1.0TSI is a gem of engine and this a >4m car which you can get it for <4m car price with better safety features.

Thank you so much, @gasinveins! It definitely helps me to ahead with the purchase. I was frightened as few guys were claiming that the maintenance cost is close to 25k per service. I suppose either they are fooled by service centers or they don't know how to take care of the car.
point11 is offline  
Old 26th February 2021, 09:18   #2932
Newbie
 
Jinn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2020
Location: Karaikal/TVM
Posts: 23
Thanked: 16 Times
Default Re: Skoda Rapid : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by point11 View Post
Thank you so much, @gasinveins! It definitely helps me to ahead with the purchase. I was frightened as few guys were claiming that the maintenance cost is close to 25k per service. I suppose either they are fooled by service centers or they don't know how to take care of the car.
I took delivery of a new Rider plus last month. There is an option to get 4 years maintenance package at 30k, which covers parts & labour. Let me know if you want the full terms and conditions of the package, I can share the pdf.
Jinn is offline  
Old 26th February 2021, 12:00   #2933
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2021
Location: Ahmednagar
Posts: 6
Thanked: 15 Times
Default Re: Skoda Rapid : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinn View Post
I took delivery of a new Rider plus last month. There is an option to get 4 years maintenance package at 30k, which covers parts & labour. Let me know if you want the full terms and conditions of the package, I can share the pdf.
That's great. I too have opted for the maintenance package. Going to take the delivery of my Rider today

Attaching a image for more details. Sorry for the blurred image. I will try to attach a better one afterwards. Is it the same you are referring to?
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda Rapid : Test Drive & Review-img20210219wa0006.jpg  

point11 is offline  
Old 26th February 2021, 12:28   #2934
Newbie
 
Jinn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2020
Location: Karaikal/TVM
Posts: 23
Thanked: 16 Times
Default Re: Skoda Rapid : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by point11 View Post
That's great. I too have opted for the maintenance package. Going to take the delivery of my Rider today
Congratulations!! Do share pictures once you take delivery.
Quote:
Originally Posted by point11 View Post
Is it the same you are referring to?
The terms and conditions of Skoda Maintenance Package listed at Rs 29,999 in that picture. You will get the same from showroom people later.

Skoda SMP Terms and Conditions document.pdf
Jinn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th February 2021, 01:04   #2935
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2021
Location: Ahmednagar
Posts: 6
Thanked: 15 Times
Default Re: Skoda Rapid : Test Drive & Review

These she is
An absolute stunning beauty!

It happened to be the first delivery of my city as the showroom is newly opened and yet to be officially inaugurated.
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda Rapid : Test Drive & Review-img_20210226_234130_308.jpg  

Skoda Rapid : Test Drive & Review-img_20210226_173948.jpg  

point11 is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2021, 13:55   #2936
BHPian
 
blackbandit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Mangalore
Posts: 169
Thanked: 491 Times
Default Re: Skoda Rapid : Test Drive & Review

Hello

My friend recently purchased a Skoda Rapid 2015 1.6 MPI with 63k kms on the odo. Ever since he purchased the car it is plagued with an intermittent issue. At most the car runs fine but this issue is very intermittent and random. The car refuses to accelerate randomly when being driven and looses pickup drastically. The car however becomes fine after switching it off and leaving it to cool for sometime and then the issue comes back after driving for certain distance. He has sent the car to service in Bangalore and Mangalore multiple times but they are unable to diagnose the issue. Their diagnostics does not show any error codes as well. The service centre has assumed and changed multiple parts related to fuel intake and exhaust like pump, catcon, spark plugs. They have even serviced the throttle body and the throttle body sensor was also checked for any defects. But the issue is still not resolved and it is causing a lot of mental stress to my friend and he has also spent a lot of money in trying to get it fixed.

It would be really helpful if the experts here can help us out and also it would be really grateful if any one can refer a trustworthy FNG in Bangalore so that we can get a proper diagnosis for the same. The service centres seem to be not helpful in any form and my friend has reached a dead end as of today.
blackbandit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2021, 15:13   #2937
BHPian
 
amvj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 426
Thanked: 1,290 Times
Default Re: Skoda Rapid : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackbandit View Post
Hello

My friend recently purchased a Skoda Rapid 2015 1.6 MPI with 63k kms on the odo. Ever since he purchased the car it is plagued with an intermittent issue. At most the car runs fine but this issue is very intermittent and random. The car refuses to accelerate randomly when being driven and looses pickup drastically.
I am not an expert but is this related to oxygen sensor ?

"...Other signs that you need a new oxygen sensor include a rough idle, misfiring spark plugs, lack of power, stalling or a significant increase in fuel consumption. Those symptoms could also be indications of other problems, ..."

https://www.cars.com/articles/when-s...1420663031800/
amvj is online now  
Old 3rd March 2021, 16:17   #2938
Senior - BHPian
 
Kosfactor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: bangalore
Posts: 2,383
Thanked: 5,933 Times
Default Re: Skoda Rapid : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackbandit View Post
Hello

My friend recently purchased a Skoda Rapid 2015 1.6 MPI with 63k kms on the odo. Ever since he purchased the car it is plagued with an intermittent issue. At most the car runs fine but this issue is very intermittent and random. The car refuses to accelerate randomly when being driven and looses pickup drastically. The car however becomes fine after switching it off and leaving it to cool for sometime and then the issue comes back after driving for certain distance.
What is the fuel level in the tank when this happens?
Kosfactor is offline  
Old 3rd March 2021, 22:15   #2939
BHPian
 
blackbandit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Mangalore
Posts: 169
Thanked: 491 Times
Default Re: Skoda Rapid : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kosfactor View Post
What is the fuel level in the tank when this happens?
There would be healthy amount of fuel whenever this happened. He told me when it occurred today, he was driving back from mangalore to Bangalore the entire drive was smooth and uneventful but once he entered the city the issue cropped up again. After that the issue cropped up for every kilometre or so and he had close to half tank fuel. Then he had to leave the car at his friends place because it was not drivable and he was late to office. When he went back to collect the car in the evening it drove perfectly fine again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amvj View Post
I am not an expert but is this related to oxygen sensor ?

"...Other signs that you need a new oxygen sensor include a rough idle, misfiring spark plugs, lack of power, stalling or a significant increase in fuel consumption. Those symptoms could also be indications of other problems, ..."

https://www.cars.com/articles/when-s...1420663031800/
Wouldn’t the diagnostics return errors if this was the case ? The folks at skoda service ruled this out stating there would be error codes in this case.

Last edited by blackbandit : 3rd March 2021 at 22:17.
blackbandit is offline  
Old 3rd March 2021, 23:31   #2940
Senior - BHPian
 
Kosfactor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: bangalore
Posts: 2,383
Thanked: 5,933 Times
Default Re: Skoda Rapid : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackbandit View Post
There would be healthy amount of fuel whenever this happened. He told me when it occurred today, he was driving back from mangalore to Bangalore the entire drive was smooth and uneventful but once he entered the city the issue cropped up again. After that the issue cropped up for every kilometre or so and he had close to half tank fuel. Then he had to leave the car at his friends place because it was not drivable and he was late to office. When he went back to collect the car in the evening it drove perfectly fine again.


.
Considering its age, let's check the simpler things.

1. Battery testing and terminal to be tightened.
2. Alternator testing.
3. Clutch.
Kosfactor is offline  
Reply

Most Viewed
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks