Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd December 2011, 11:25   #301
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Skoda Rapid : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeshmani View Post
How is the sound output of the music system? May be you could give a comparison of Rapid's audio system against that of Vento, Fabia.
The music system's same as the one in the older (and current petrol) ventos. Shouldn't be any different. No idea about Fabia.
Old 23rd December 2011, 11:26   #302
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palio_2005 View Post
Haven't seen a single car here in streets on Mumbai or Pune. It's pretty strange as I heard the car had a good response.
Rapid has bookings of 1600+ in the first month iteslf!

Cheers!
Old 23rd December 2011, 11:40   #303
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palio_2005 View Post
Haven't seen a single car here in streets on Mumbai or Pune. It's pretty strange as I heard the car had a good response.
I haven't seen a single Rapid on Pune roads either.
Maybe we are passing them off as Ventos and not looking closely enough?
Old 23rd December 2011, 12:31   #304
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_U_N View Post
I haven't seen a single Rapid on Pune roads either.
Maybe we are passing them off as Ventos and not looking closely enough?
Not possible from the front or back. Saw a brand new unregistered black Rapid here in Chennai, it clearly looks different. Chances are one might mistake it for a Laura than a Vento.
Old 23rd December 2011, 13:22   #305
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
The music system's same as the one in the older (and current petrol) ventos. Shouldn't be any different. No idea about Fabia.
Is it really the same in Rapid? I thought the Vento before refresh did not have options like SD/MMC card reader.
Old 23rd December 2011, 13:40   #306
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
Is it really the same in Rapid? I thought the Vento before refresh did not have options like SD/MMC card reader.
Yes, those options aren't there on the Vento system. But the speaker setup seems same. Even between the old & refreshed Vento music systems, we weren't able to differentiate much. I am assuming here, but I feel it wouldn't be any more different in the Rapid too.
ninjatalli is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th December 2011, 06:29   #307
BHPian

Cochin didn't even get a display car till yesterday. So i went to the showroom finally to check the car out. They had a white diesel Ambient. Having used a Lancer for a long time I must say I was pretty disappointed when I sat behind the wheel of the display Rapid. It felt awfully cramped. Am only 5 ' 10'' and my head was almost touching the roof with the seat raised all the way up.
Old 24th December 2011, 13:43   #308
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelastsmoke View Post
Cochin didn't even get a display car till yesterday. So i went to the showroom finally to check the car out. They had a white diesel Ambient. Having used a Lancer for a long time I must say I was pretty disappointed when I sat behind the wheel of the display Rapid. It felt awfully cramped. Am only 5 ' 10'' and my head was almost touching the roof with the seat raised all the way up.
Aha! The height issue gets carried from the vento to the rapid. Known issue, quite a few 6footers have rejected the Vento for other options in the past over this. I'm 5'11 and find the vento pretty ok - but you need to play with the settings, seat front/back, height and the steering tilt - took me some time to get the perfect fit. In fact when I got the new seat covers, I had to do the stuff again, just because of the minor increase of the seat.
Old 24th December 2011, 18:17   #309
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Am only 5 ' 10'' and my head was almost touching the roof with the seat raised all the way up.
Looks like you yourself mentioned a solution too. Why raise seat all the way up if its not required? Its mainly meant for shorter drivers to have a better view.
Old 24th December 2011, 19:23   #310
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyWalker
Looks like you yourself mentioned a solution too. Why raise seat all the way up if its not required? Its mainly meant for shorter drivers to have a better view.
Well you are right one raises the seat to get a better view of the road in front. I think most people raise the seat for that purpose. I couldn't see much in the low position and in the high I almost hit the roof. it's essentially a problem vision.
Old 24th December 2011, 20:20   #311
BHPian

Which showroom did you go. Marikar or St. Antonys. I've noticed in the latest Skoda advertisemnets they do not mention Marikar as a dealer for Cochin.

Quote:
Cochin didn't even get a display car till yesterday. So i went to the showroom finally to check the car out.
Old 24th December 2011, 22:46   #312
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevintomin
Which showroom did you go. Marikar or St. Antonys. I've noticed in the latest Skoda advertisemnets they do not mention Marikar as a dealer for Cochin.
Marikar. I wonder why Skoda is promoting only St. Antony's in Cochin? I believe St. Antony's got the cars earlier. Is it usual for Skoda to appoint more than one dealer in a city and then promote only one? I asked the sales person at Marikar why they are not being promoted by Skoda and he didn't have a clear answer. Have they fallen out of favour? They seemed to have all the Skoda cars on display. Hope it's safe to deal with them.
Old 25th December 2011, 09:33   #313
Distinguished - BHPian

Saw my first Rapid on the road in Pune yesterday. Looks quite stunning in capuccino beige. There was an MPI badging on the LHS rear which probably means it's petrol? The rear styling around the number plate is a little iffy but you can get used to it. Overall a much better looker than the Vento, IMO.
Old 26th December 2011, 01:42   #314
BHPian

Since my Maruti Suzuki seems to be not interested in delivering New Swift ZDi early against booked in July12.
So, I'm planning to extend my budget to buy Skoda Rapid Ambition TDi.
So, Skoda users do you recommend this change or should I avoid it ! as I'm furious about paying huge Maintenance/Service bills alongwith its hefty EMI's.

What's your advice bhp-ians ?? Or should I look for anyother cheaper option & which one !
Old 26th December 2011, 13:36   #315
Senior - BHPian

Question:
Can the MFID be retrofitted on the lower variants?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks