Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 15th February 2012, 23:53   #436
Team-BHP Support

Any idea about the waiting period for Rapid in Chennai?

Anyone has firsthand experience of Skoda service in Chennai? Is it good/ bad?
Old 16th February 2012, 13:52   #437
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pillainp
Just sent off a mail to Skoda Customer Care. Let's see if we can't get the story straight from the horse's mouth.

But then, going by the standard practised in India, I hardly expect a reply.

Fingers crossed.
Let us know what response you get. I sent a mail to Skoda and got a reply that they have forwarded my query to Marikar. Marikar didn't care to reply. Instead they resent a price list. Talk about getting evasive.
Old 16th February 2012, 17:16   #438
BHPian

Re: Skoda Rapid : Test Drive & Review

My email to Skoda and their reply:

Quote:
Sir,

I am located in Trivandrum Kerala and am interested in purchasing a Skoda Rapid 1.6 TDI Elegance in Cappuccino Beige.

To this end, I approached your dealer in Trivandrum, M/s. Marikkar Engineers Pvt. Ltd., and made my booking for the vehicle on the 1st of February 2012. At the time of booking, I was told, rather vaguely, that I would receive the vehicle about the end of March 2012, a waiting period of about 2 months.

I had also requested a test drive in early January, prior to making my booking, so that my family could meet the vehicle in person and get themselves acquainted with it, but was first promised by the staff at Marikkar that the Test Drive vehicle would arrive by end January. When that did not materialise, I was promised that the TD car would arrive by early February. I am disappointed to note that the agency has still not received their test drive vehicle as of the time of writing this letter, and have no clue as to when or even whether they will ever receive it.

I am also hearing rather disquieting rumors from various quarters to the effect that Skoda has stopped supply of vehicles to M/s. Marikkar Engineers Pvt. Ltd, and that a possible termination of their dealership is likely. On speaking with the dealer's sales executive, my worries have been compounded by the vague and lackadaisical attitude displayed by him to my inquiry.

I am also seeing no signs of Marikkar Engineers receiving any Skoda vehicles against bookings made earlier than mine, despite reports that other dealers in Kerala have received and started deliveries of the Rapid.

In the circumstances, I am worried as to the future of my booking and purchase of the Skoda Rapid, and request that I may be given some assurance in the matter, and some guidance on how to proceed in the matter.

Expecting an early response, I remain,

Yours faithfully,

Dr. Praveen Pillai
Trivandrum
Kerala

Reply from Skoda Customer Care:
Quote:
customercare@skoda-auto.co.in
9:46 PM (19 hours ago)

to me

This is a copy of acknowledgement mail sent to customer(p*****p@gmail.com)

Date: 02/15/2012

Concern No: S*****

Veh Regn No: na

Name of Customer: Mr . Praveen Pillai

Dealer Name: Marikar (Trivandrum) Dealer Location: Trivandrum

Kind Attn…..

Dear Mr/ Ms. Mr . Praveen Pillai

Greetings from Skoda India!!

We acknowledge the receipt of your concern to us and have noted the contents of the same.

We wish to inform you that we have forwarded your concerns to our dealer M/s Marikar (Trivandrum)(Trivandrum) and have advised them to attend to the concerns. We assure you that your concerns will be attended on priority.

If you need any further assistance, kindly feel free to call our Customer Service Manager at the above dealership or Skoda Auto India Info at the following toll free numbers 1800 209 4646 / 1800 102 6464 or write to us at customercare@skoda-auto.co.in .

We thank you for choosing Skoda and assure you of our utmost attention and best services at all times.

Best regards,

Customer Care

Skoda Auto India

SKODA AUTO India Pvt. Ltd. | Plot No. A-1/1 |

Shendra, Five Star Industrial Area, MIDC |

Aurangabad Maharashtra 431201 | India
Skoda India Contact Details:
Quote:
SKODA Auto India Private Limited
A-1 / 1, M.I.D.C.,
Five Star Industrial Area, Shendra,
Aurangabad - 431 201
Tel: +91 240 6631 111 / 222 / 333,
Fax: +91 240 6631299, 6631199
24 hour helpline: 1800 209 4646 & 1800 102 6464
Email: customercare@skoda-auto.co.in
@thelastsmoke:
Effectively the same (canned) response you got from Skoda.

I am really starting to think about pulling my booking and going off to St. Antony's in Cochin.

I heard today that a friend of a friend is taking delivery of a Rapid booked from St. Antony's 3 weeks ago. This is not rumor, as my friend was talking to the buyer and called me soon after the conversation.

Last edited by pillainp : 16th February 2012 at 17:18.
Old 16th February 2012, 19:32   #439
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pillainp View Post
My email to Skoda and their reply:

I am really starting to think about pulling my booking and going off to St. Antony's in Cochin.

I heard today that a friend of a friend is taking delivery of a Rapid booked from St. Antony's 3 weeks ago. This is not rumor, as my friend was talking to the buyer and called me soon after the conversation.
I guess you have nothing to lose by changing your dealer as the booking amount is refundable.

Delivery within 3 weeks is good. Was it the diesel elegance variant?
Boosts my chances of getting the car before budget Wouldn't want to make the hard decision of cancelling the booking and shifting to petrol variant in case the minister goes ahead with an addition 12% duty on diesel cars.
Old 16th February 2012, 19:47   #440
Senior - BHPian

Mmmm, from swift to cruze and now to a rapid

I dont have idea about waiting period (should be 3 months and above - my guess), but am afraid I dont have anything good to talk about the skoda service in chennai. Please check the following thread for yourself.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ev-motors.html

I still dont understand why a city as big as chennai doesnt get a second dealer which will go a long way in improving things. I visited skoda during the time I was shopping around for a new car and their pre-sales team was pretty good, but from what I have heard, their after sales is a disaster.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Any idea about the waiting period for Rapid in Chennai?

Anyone has firsthand experience of Skoda service in Chennai? Is it good/ bad?
Old 16th February 2012, 22:13   #441
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by bala80
Mmmm, from swift to cruze and now to a rapid
It's even more complex. I'm totally confused.

Rapid came into the picture because I was hoping for less waiting period compared to Vento. With 3 months waiting, I'd rather be looking elsewhere. Anyways, will be visiting the dealership tomorrow to check the status.

OT: Cruze happened to come into the picture while we went to check for Magnum. I fell for it, but sadly- it's too much to spent at the moment.
Old 16th February 2012, 22:46   #442
Senior - BHPian

I understand. You aren't interested in the readily available 2011 vento's, are you? Fiesta/verna???

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR
It's even more complex. I'm totally confused.

Rapid came into the picture because I was hoping for less waiting period compared to Vento. With 3 months waiting, I'd rather be looking elsewhere. Anyways, will be visiting the dealership tomorrow to check the status.
Old 16th February 2012, 23:02   #443
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jods View Post
I guess you have nothing to lose by changing your dealer as the booking amount is refundable.

Delivery within 3 weeks is good. Was it the diesel elegance variant?
Boosts my chances of getting the car before budget Wouldn't want to make the hard decision of cancelling the booking and shifting to petrol variant in case the minister goes ahead with an addition 12% duty on diesel cars.
As to the variant I am not sure, as my friend just heard this info during a casual conversation, and did not think to ask about the version. He just called me with the news as he heard it, since he knew I would be interested.

I will try and find out and let you know.
pillainp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th February 2012, 07:25   #444
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by bala80 View Post
I understand. You aren't interested in the readily available 2011 vento's, are you? Fiesta/verna???
2011 Vento's? Which dealerships still have those? And what kind of discounts are on offer?

Not interested in Fiesta/ Verna.
Old 17th February 2012, 07:50   #445
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
2011 Vento's? Which dealerships still have those? And what kind of discounts are on offer?

Not interested in Fiesta/ Verna.
Bit late to the party, aren't you

Most dealers might be done off with their 2011 lots - they were selling like hot cakes. However do give it a try. Discounts were ranging from 30 to 45k - consisting of price cuts, free accessories and insurance deals - both for Diesel & Petrol TL/HL versions, with immediate deliveries.

For more info on the exact breakup of the discounts, check more on the New Car Deals thread - might have to dig into the previous pages to get info.
ninjatalli is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th February 2012, 08:29   #446
BHPian

Quote:
2011 Vento's? Which dealerships still have those?
Sundaram in Chennai still have a good number of 2011 Vento's Silver and Black. PM me if you need the contact number of sales person. I've had a great experience with him so far.
thenomad is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th February 2012, 15:08   #447
Senior - BHPian

Sorry for the OT on a Rapid TD thread -

Crazydriver - Check the following post

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post2650799

I found the pre-sales of sundaram nice to deal with, please let us know if you need any further help. We can continue this conversation if you are interested in the Vento TD thread.

Good luck to you.

Quote:
Old 17th February 2012, 16:26   #448
BHPian

Now I am in a fix.
As mentioned in the earlier posts, I decided to check with Volkswagen regarding older Ventos. The offers are
1. Vento Diesel Highline: A discount of Rs 70,000 resulting in an on-road price of 9,62,017 + insurance
2. Skoda Diesel Elegance: On Road Rs 9,47,276 + insurance.

So net result is that I can get a Vento (2011) by paying Rs 15,000 more. Please advice, I can not make up my mind.
Old 17th February 2012, 16:38   #449
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Now I am in a fix.
As mentioned in the earlier posts, I decided to check with Volkswagen regarding older Ventos. The offers are
1. Vento Diesel Highline: A discount of Rs 70,000 resulting in an on-road price of 9,62,017 + insurance

So net result is that I can get a Vento (2011) by paying Rs 15,000 more. Please advice, I can not make up my mind.
1. Check for feedback on VW and Skoda A$$ in ur city. If Skoda is decent enough, I would go ahead with the Rapid.

2. If any doubt on Skoda, and VW is ok, I'd pay the 15k upfront and take the Vento (assuming the car pdi is done thoroughly)

3. If neither's feedback is good enough, then VW or Skoda - devil or the deep sea I'd probably go with VW.

Overall, 15k is a small amount when you consider the total amount you are paying. So don't really take too much time on this.
ninjatalli is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th February 2012, 16:41   #450
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Now I am in a fix.

If you are not much for the VW brand related premiumness, and if the added features like reverse parking sensors, steering mount controls are not so important for you, I would recommend to go with the 2012 batch of Rapid.
vb-saan is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed