Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 7th March 2012, 11:43   #481
BHPian

Re: Skoda Rapid : Test Drive & Review

Well i also got lucky to test a Skoda Rapid and write about it.
Details are in the attachment
Attached Files
File Type: pdf MMI_autocar-prateek 1.pdf (355.0 KB, 1368 views)
File Type: pdf MMI_autocar-prateek 2.pdf (725.6 KB, 1128 views)
Old 7th March 2012, 16:57   #482
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by car-o-phile View Post
Well i also got lucky to test a Skoda Rapid and write about it.
Details are in the attachment
Forgot to mention my real name is "Prateek Attree" (The guy in Blue Shirt in the pic)
Old 7th March 2012, 18:26   #483
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jods View Post
the life of your co-passenger should be as important as yours.
+1 to that. Passenger Airbag is good enough a deferential.
Old 8th March 2012, 01:02   #484
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jods View Post
You should look at this in this way - If you are not travelling alone every single time, the life of your co-passenger should be as important as yours. Automatic Climate Control, MFD and alloys are just additional freebies you get with the Elegance model.
You know what, at the expense of sounding a little dramatic; I do have half a mind of driving my Rapid all the way to Gurgaon just to give you a big bear hug! I couldn't have said this better, and this is something every single car buyer should consider. I wouldn't have dreamt of buying anything other than the Elegance (even though it was stretching my budget) because I value the passenger Airbag as much as the driver's - In fact I value my girlfriend-now-wife's life more than mine.
kryptonite is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 15th March 2012, 15:07   #485
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselDon View Post
+1 to that. Passenger Airbag is good enough a deferential.
+3 to that, it was actually one of the deciding factors for us in picking the Elegance over the Ambition! My Dad mostly gets driven around town and it makes no sense if he has no protection while traveling on the co-passenger seat in the front while the diver does in case of any untoward incident. Besides, for a lac+ over the Ambition, the features it offers do justice to the premium!

Attached is a pic of a red from the yard, we booked the same color! what do you guys think of the color? Not seen one in flesh on the roads and definitely not seen pics of it on the forum as yet!
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda Rapid : Test Drive & Review-image1.jpg  

Old 15th March 2012, 16:31   #486
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raamki View Post
Attached is a pic of a red from the yard, we booked the same color! what do you guys think of the color? Not seen one in flesh on the roads and definitely not seen pics of it on the forum as yet!
I keep spotting one in Cybercity Gurgaon and IMO the flash red does not go with the stately Skoda family face - Cappucino beige seems to be the best color for the Rapid. Then again, to each his own !
Old 15th March 2012, 18:18   #487
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Raamki -

Please find pictures of Red Rapid on the forum here - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ge-1-a-11.html owned by fellow tbhpian - cags

And although I have ordered the Cappucino Beige myself, I think the red looks stunning as well.

Last edited by adimodi : 15th March 2012 at 18:20.
Old 17th March 2012, 22:55   #488
BHPian

Thanks for the link adimodi!! Just spent the entire evening reading this thread and am quite pleased to know that RED is one of the top 3 colors on the rapid, after the beige and white!!

Red was my first choice and am really glad TAFE ACCESS had it in stock for immediate delivery! Quite happy with the dealer experience so far, OTR for the Elegance Diesel is 11.09 after the corp discount! They have promised not to pass on the revised price from the budget. (2% increase on excise duty).

Btw, i have to mention that both Vinayak and TAFE ACCESS have been extremely professional in my interactions with them so far, hoping for a similar after sale service experience, if not better!!

Hopefully everything goes according to plan for a April first week delivery!

Fingers crossed!!
raamki is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th March 2012, 15:22   #489
BHPian

I am awaiting my April 1st week delivery as well of the C.Beige Diesel Ambition. 9.40 OTR via Autobahn, Mumbai. Also guaranteed me price protection from the budget hikes ! Like you (raamki) , Cant wait ! We will pretty much begin our Rapid lives together.

And exact same apprehensions, although the buy experience wasn't really eventful (good or bad), I hope the A.S.S. wont be a nightmare.

Let me know what after market fittings you will going in for (tyres, ICE etc.)
Old 19th March 2012, 15:59   #490
Senior - BHPian

@adimodi - If possible, can you please find out and post what is the effective increase in ex-showroom price of rapid TDI ambition post the excise duty increase in the budget? My colleague is looking to book one and hence the request for this information.
Old 19th March 2012, 21:41   #491
BHPian

@bala80 :

I was told by Skoda dealer rep the price difference for Rapid is not more than Rs 15000. Though most of the brands haven't released exact prices yet.
Old 20th March 2012, 10:14   #492
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bala80 View Post
@adimodi - If possible, can you please find out and post what is the effective increase in ex-showroom price of rapid TDI ambition post the excise duty increase in the budget? My colleague is looking to book one and hence the request for this information.
I had been to the showroom to find out this already a couple of days before, out of curiosity and also out of fear of what if they dont keep their word, how much would I be down by. The truth is that they do not know yet and throwing guess numbers. The manager said 'about 30 - 35,000' would be the hike on the TDI ambition Rapid.
Old 20th March 2012, 10:48   #493
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adimodi View Post
I am awaiting my April 1st week delivery as well of the C.Beige Diesel Ambition. 9.40 OTR via Autobahn, Mumbai. Also guaranteed me price protection from the budget hikes ! Like you (raamki) , Cant wait ! We will pretty much begin our Rapid lives together.

And exact same apprehensions, although the buy experience wasn't really eventful (good or bad), I hope the A.S.S. wont be a nightmare.

Let me know what after market fittings you will going in for (tyres, ICE etc.)
Yep!! About the service, am hoping it'll be fine because of the volume of RAPIDs they've sold in the past couple of months! Just hope it doesnt turn into a TATA like service center with a lot of cars everywhere!

Still keeping my fingers crossed, have to only deal with it once every year, hopefully!

Since we've gone for the Elegance, we're mostly keeping it stock, probably just adding reverse parking sensors at the dealership for an accessory! Am quite happy with Apollo Acelere's performance, our current outgoing car, Fiesta came with a 185/60 R14 spec'd Acelere and 30 months/20k kms on, the handling and the road grip is still fantastic! Am hoping it will not be any different on 185/60 R15's on the Rapid!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bala80 View Post
I checked with my sales rep, they have started billing cars with the new rate starting yesterday, he said the prices have increased by approx 30k, depending on the variant!

Last edited by raamki : 20th March 2012 at 11:07. Reason: typo
Old 20th March 2012, 11:30   #494
BHPian

Quote:
I checked with my sales rep, they have started billing cars with the new rate starting yesterday, he said the prices have increased by approx 30k, depending on the variant!
My year end plan of buying a car just got dearer by around 30K. Rapid was one of the leading options. Just not my year i guess
Old 20th March 2012, 18:11   #495
BHPian

@raamki, How is that possible? Excise duty increase will be applicable only from April. So how can they increase the price for vehicles invoiced in March?

Last edited by suv100 : 20th March 2012 at 18:12.

Most Viewed