Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 26th December 2012, 19:22   #811
BHPian

Re: Skoda Rapid : Test Drive & Review

Hi All

I am looking to buy door sill covers for my rapid.
http://www.skodaparts.com/product/ra...012-2015-50431

Can anyone guide where i can find these within india ?.
Old 26th December 2012, 20:01   #812
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maverick555 View Post
Hi All

I am looking to buy door sill covers for my rapid.
http://www.skodaparts.com/product/ra...012-2015-50431

Can anyone guide where i can find these within india ?.
Saw a few on Ebay.in

http://www.ebay.in/itm/RAPID-SKODA-C...item1e752489b8
500ContyCruiser is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th December 2012, 20:11   #813
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 500ContyCruiser View Post
Thanks a ton but looking for one without LED in black or grey color
Old 26th December 2012, 21:06   #814
BHPian

i just noticed that my rear right power window is not working, neither from the driver's panel nor from the rear door switch. the car had been to the service centre recently and was connected to the VAS for enabling the auto lock feature. didnt check the windows at the time of leaving and didnt notice it earlier as i never roll down the windows. what could have gone wrong?? any way to reset it?
Old 26th December 2012, 22:42   #815
BHPian

okk so the problem seems to be gone! Searched the forum for Bala's post describing how to reset the auto roll function (i remembered having seen it at an earlier point of time ). having read it, i walked to the car but before performing the reset i tried the convenience opening of windows from the key fob and it worked! I got in the car checked the operation from the switches and it was absolutely fine!

I am glad that its working otherwise it would have been an another sleepless night for me. however, I am still wondering what would have been the issue and how it got resolved on its own and if there is actually something wrong! May be i am thinking too much but its little worrying to me. What could have caused such a behaviour?
Old 27th December 2012, 02:31   #816
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by torque18 View Post
i walked to the car but before performing the reset i tried the convenience opening of windows from the key fob and it worked! I got in the car checked the operation from the switches and it was absolutely fine!
Not quite sure why this occurred. Looks like a one-off malfunction case. Do let us know if it can be replicated or it recurs.

Last edited by hrman : 27th December 2012 at 02:33. Reason: removed point on convenience opening.....
Old 27th December 2012, 14:51   #817
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrman View Post
Not quite sure why this occurred. Looks like a one-off malfunction case. Do let us know if it can be replicated or it recurs.
sure thing. but i hope it doesnt.
Old 27th December 2012, 18:31   #818
BHPian

Guys,

When can I expect the Jan, 2013 manufactured Skoda Rapid to be available at dealerships? Dealer here in Hyderabad says I need to wait till April to get the 2013 vehicle. As per my idea most of other 2013 models (Maruthi, Hyundai, etc..) will be available in last week of Jan or first week of Feb.

Thanks,
Srinivas.R
Old 27th December 2012, 22:31   #819
BHPian

hi

noticed a new Rapid with 3 spoke steering wheel and alloys which looked similar to what vento had previously. It wasnt the Elegance variant as it didnt have climatronic. Could be ambition plus variant
Old 28th December 2012, 09:24   #820
BHPian

Guys, This thing by 3m car care the one which gives the car Uv protection and stuff. Is it any good ?
How much does it cost, and is it really required ?
I have one of Red Rapid and wanted to know realistically all tht paint protection and teflon crap does it really make sense ?

http://solutions.3mindia.co.in/wps/p...on-Treatments/
Old 28th December 2012, 11:11   #821

An update on the first service for the Skoda Rapid (Petrol) with TAFE Access, Bangalore. Its been 10 months of owning the Rapid and with a busy Jan'13 & Feb'13 expected, i decided to check with TAFE if the first service (1 year or 15000 kms, whichever earlier) could be advanced to December'12. They agreed and one minor complaint i had, after almost clocking 6000 kms on the ODO was
a persistent rattle (not even sure, if i can term it a "rattle") when driven on uneven surfaces at comparatively lower speeds.

Post Service:
1. Was informed that the engine bedding needs to be changed & they have ordered for the part from Aurangabad. The lead time is expected to be 15 days and the SA promised to call me once the part reaches them. Was advised that this is covered under the warranty and should not cost me any anything. The "rattle", that i had reported earlier, they said,could be addressed after this replacement.
2. One marked difference post service, i observed while driving was the improved suspension handling & behavior..the car handled really well & thanks to the notoriously bad road leading to the service center, the difference was immediately felt
3. I have a good friend who owns a petrol Vento, so was expecting the service bill to be in the range of Rs. 7500 to 8000. The final bill after the job card was closed came to Rs. 5387, was pleasantly surprised.
4. Had a reality check, when i observed that the car was not washed cleanly & the remnants of grease from the free check up (7500 kms or 6 months) were still visible. Tried to reach out to some one for help, when i realized it was close to 7 PM and the security guards were waiting to see the last vehicle for the day drive off their premises! Well, i could share the blame in part for insisting that the car be delivered the same day..
5. Over all, the experience was decent & uneventful, given the notoriously famous ***. My garage used to have a Chevy Optra too & the service experience of the Rapid, i must admit, is way better!
6. Will post an update once the engine bedding is replaced.

Have been loving this car, the buying & ownership post is long over due, damn my laziness!
prraghun is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th December 2012, 12:34   #822
BHPian

Hi,
Not sure if this question is appropriate for this forum. However, since it concerns Skoda vehicle am going ahead with it. The problem statement is as below:
Two of the power windows are functioning erratically (operational at some times and non-operational at other times). What could be the cause and solution to this?

Possible solutions:
a. Replace both motors which are creating problems
b. Replace the main motor which controls all windows

Any suggestions welcome.
Old 2nd January 2013, 13:01   #823
BHPian

I went for a short trip to Puttaparthi from Bangalore ( around 150 Km) and my car behaved superbly with 5 adults and a 2 year old kid. With due caution for a small empty stretch I touched 160 Kmph and I was touching 140 Kmph consistently and there was not even a slightest feel to the co-passengers. An amazing feelling .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avid trekker View Post
Two of the power windows are functioning erratically (operational at some times and non-operational at other times). What could be the cause and solution to this?

Possible solutions:

Any suggestions welcome.
Please check the last few posts of the below thread, hopefully you will get an answer. All the best

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...es-quirks.html
Old 2nd January 2013, 13:45   #824
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avid trekker View Post
Hi,
windows are functioning erratically (operational at some times and non-operational at other times). What could be the cause and solution to this?

Possible solutions:

Any suggestions welcome.
In my experience the powerwindow issues have more to do with the switches and the rolling mechanism rather than the motors which in most cases are pretty sturdy to last the life time of the car.

Get the affected doors panels opened and have the rolling mechanism checked. This can be done at any decent neighbourhood garage.

I have had issues with my power windows twice in the past and both times I had to have the entire rolling setup replaced (the motors were absolutely fine). For the Scorpio it cost me 780 Rs. each (local accessory shop) for the part & 300 Rs. for fitting (local garage).
Old 2nd January 2013, 14:42   #825
BHPian

@sam_boy, m_upreti: Thank you for your feedback.

Servicing (or dust cleaning) was an option which did not yield required result. Hence, I was told that individual switches need to be replaced. However, the problem got resolved by replacing the one on the main driver door.

New motor & switch replaced @13k incl. labour.

Most Viewed