Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd January 2013, 22:00   #826
BHPian

Re: Skoda Rapid : Test Drive & Review

My car has done 8,500 kms and due for Free Check-up. So, wanted to check any thing needs to be taken care off?

I am facing below problems,
1. Front right suspension makes hush-hush kind of sound. Is the suspension gone? I had taken my car for checking a couple of weeks for same problem and the service engineer mentioned everything is in good condition.

2. Left door rattling (minimal)

3. Had been to Goa for this new year and had a puncture on left rear tyre. Unfortunately by the time I realized that my car tyre was flat, I had driven few kilometers at high speed. Got the tyre fixed.

Again while returning the same tyre got flat. This time also before I could realize, I had done few kilometers and I was doing 160+ kmph. When checked, alloy and tyre were super hot (almost burnt my palm)

Now worried if I really spoiled the tyre/alloy or not.

Currently my car is running on spare wheel.
Old 4th January 2013, 21:12   #827
BHPian

Update:

Went to Madhus today to check tyre. Found lots of small cuts in the tyre, appears to be due to over heat and driven at high speed.

Bought new tyre.
Old 5th January 2013, 18:18   #828
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 500ContyCruiser View Post
Update:

Went to Madhus today to check tyre. Found lots of small cuts in the tyre, appears to be due to over heat and driven at high speed.

Bought new tyre.
The tyre failed, in your case most probably a manufacturing defect. I too had faced similar tyre problems, but then my tyre was 5 years old.

To drive at 160, you need at least "R". To take care of all exigencies use "HR" or better still "VR" rated tyres, as the ratings are for temperate climate and the tyre heats up much faster in our tropical temperatures.
http://www.blackcircles.com/general/speedrating
Old 5th January 2013, 23:08   #829
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aroy View Post
The tyre failed, in your case most probably a manufacturing defect. I too had faced similar tyre problems, but then my tyre was 5 years old.

To drive at 160, you need at least "R". To take care of all exigencies use "HR" or better still "VR" rated tyres, as the ratings are for temperate climate and the tyre heats up much faster in our tropical temperatures.
I dont think just because of speed the tyre gave up. The same tyre was flattened during my on journey to Goa and it was caused by sharp metal piece. In the earlier instance I was doing 120+ kmph with flat tyre.

Puncture had occurred at the edge, hence I believe tyre pressure did not hold for long. It had nitrogen filled, probably that also gave up.

Checked with Skoda service today, they charge around 8,000+ Rs. for single tyre
10,000+ Rs. for alloys.

Totally spent 3,100/- for so called "Free Service"
Old 7th January 2013, 17:25   #830

Quote:
Originally Posted by adimodi View Post
Thank you ! Yours too Yes, the RVM is a clip on as it is a part of the rear sensor package. The mudflaps are also 3rd party, something which they call 'box type'. It works. Im un happy with my floor mats, will change them in a couple of months I think. I am also seriously considering the 3M protection. Pls. let me know how much you paid for it. What happens during an accident/scratch - does it peel off / do we have to change everything again?
Hey Adimodi. I just came across your post and saw that you were successful in getting a reverse parking sensor for your Rapid in beige color. I have been hunting for them for the last couple of months but in vain. Can you also help me in getting those for my Skoda Rapid, reverse parking sensor in beige color. Your help is highly appreciated. Thanks!
Old 8th January 2013, 09:57   #831
BHPian

It had to be a bad news for my first post. Couple of weeks ago, a mini lorry brushed my drive while he tried to cut me from left lane to move ahead of me. It happened in a busy ITPL main road with slow moving traffic. I noticed the left mirror cover fell down and intact. I was not in a mood for an altercation with the stupid lorry driver. My first thought was to get down and pick up the mirror cover.

Alas, the ever impatient Bangalore traffic simply drove over it breaking it to pieces.

Luckily the mirror itself was intact with no damages. Replaced the cover at Vinayak Skoda SC, with 500 bucks for cover, another 500 for washing the car plus tax.

Somewhere in the forum I read that someone replaced a Vento mirror cover for 300 bucks. No idea why Rapid's cost more.
Old 8th January 2013, 12:08   #832
BHPian

I wanted to check with Rapid owners if they got the UV protection treatment done from 3m. The reviews are all very contradictory, I mean the car comes out really good. But there are reports about abrasion.

Would the UV treatment from 3M void my warranty or something ?
Will it realistically help, having done the UV treatment the car's color should fade at a rate way lower than the normal ?
Did many rapid owners get this done ?
I believe Rapid comes with Paint work warranty, and hence the queries.
Old 8th January 2013, 18:23   #833
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aroy View Post

Quote:
I dont think just because of speed the tyre gave up.
The Apollo Acceleres that come with Vento/Rapid are rated at 84T which means each tyre can carry 500kg and run upto a maximum of 190kmph sustained speed. So if your tyres were the Acceleres, the tyre rating is not probably the reason for the failure.
Old 8th January 2013, 22:18   #834
BHPian

Quote:
Checked with Skoda service today, they charge around 8,000+ Rs. for single tyre
10,000+ Rs. for alloys.

Totally spent 3,100/- for so called "Free Service"
That sounds too high. I recently replaced a tyre + alloy at Vision Škoda (Kerala) and if my memory is correct it was at 4K+ and 7K+ respectively.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anurag View Post
Hey Adimodi. I just came across your post and saw that you were successful in getting a reverse parking sensor for your Rapid in beige color. I have been hunting for them for the last couple of months but in vain. Can you also help me in getting those for my Skoda Rapid, reverse parking sensor in beige color. Your help is highly appreciated. Thanks!
Wow! I am also interested provided that it doesn't need wire cut. From what I heard from a dealer, Škoda now has their own parking sensors (must be outsourced like the music/speaker systems) which comes with a coupling so that no wire cut required. But, this comes in black and they don't recommend painting it. The cost was approximately 4K+. I am also so particular about body color sensors (C.Beige). But, at the same time I do not want to take risk of voiding electric warranty by cutting the wires.
rajni is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th January 2013, 22:35   #835
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajni View Post

That sounds too high. I recently replaced a tyre + alloy at Vision Škoda (Kerala) and if my memory is correct it was at 4K+ and 7K+ respectively.

Wow! I am also interested provided that it doesn't need wire cut. From what I heard from a dealer, Škoda now has their own parking sensors....
The price of a 15 inch tyre (Skoda profile) should be 4.5-5K. 8K is too expensive.

I guess you guys should check for Red Soul brand for parking sensors. Guess they have a website. They do door-door installations as well. They usually have body colored sensors. There is one more brand, but can't recollect its name.

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 8th January 2013 at 22:37.
swiftnfurious is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th January 2013, 23:30   #836
BHPian

I just made a post here - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ce-so-far.html - as a feedback for Vision Škoda. Hope it helps at least some of you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
The price of a 15 inch tyre (Skoda profile) should be 4.5-5K. 8K is too expensive.

I guess you guys should check for Red Soul brand for parking sensors. Guess they have a website. They do door-door installations as well. They usually have body colored sensors. There is one more brand, but can't recollect its name.
Do you know by any chance any shops at BLR that sells it - better to check them in real than in the websites
Old 8th January 2013, 23:43   #837
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajni View Post
...Do you know by any chance any shops at BLR that sells it - better to check them in real than in the websites
Not sure they retail too. But if available, it should be in any good after market shops. You could always give them a call for checking out too. Just make it clear you will install only if you are happy. If they oblige, what's the harm! :-)
Old 10th January 2013, 14:06   #838
Senior - BHPian

Any update if the revised mudflaps are available from Skoda? I guess VW has already made them available for the vento.

If Skoda is not going to get this done, then the only option seems to be buying it from a VW service center.

I was also told that something similar to this new mudflap is available at EBAY, yet to check on the same.
Old 10th January 2013, 15:40   #839
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorworks View Post
Any update if the revised mudflaps are available from Skoda? I guess VW has already made them available for the vento.

If Skoda is not going to get this done, then the only option seems to be buying it from a VW service center.

I was also told that something similar to this new mudflap is available at EBAY, yet to check on the same.
checked last week with Vinayaka Cars Service center, it is not yet available. They have been saying that Rapid's OEM accessories are yet to arrive for some time now. :(
Old 10th January 2013, 15:42   #840

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorworks View Post

Hi Motorworks, i had ordered a set of mudflaps from ebay for the Rapid & they seem to be just fine. A set of 4 costed Rs.550 (could cost much less if you have discount coupons). A friend of mine who owns the Vento found it much better than the stock ones & replaced them with these.
Here is the link: http://www.ebay.in/itm/Skoda-Rapid-P...#ht_1469wt_906.

Cheers!
prraghun is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks