Team-BHP - Skoda Rapid : Test Drive & Review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   Skoda Rapid : Test Drive & Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/111033-skoda-rapid-test-drive-review-61.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by satyamkaushik (Post 3045794)
Cant finding any post regarding Rapid TDI's efficiency.

I bought an Ambition Plus recently, and it doesn't have the MID display of average fuel consumption.
I am yet to test the efficiency by the tank full method. The sales guy told me that it gives around 18-20 in city.
Is that true ?

I drive 20kms to and from work in Bangalore city everyday. My average mileage measured by the tankfull to tankfull method is 12.5 to 13kmpl for the Rapid TDI. I do not do any spirited driving. I have completed 8500 kms and 10 months so far.

In between for my Bangalore to Goa trip, I got a mileage of 21kms for the highway drive. In between tankfulls, if I include an airport trip or a trip to electronics city, my mileage jumps to 17-18 kmpl.

In the city with bumper to bumper, its reasonable to get 12.5 to 14 kmpl. Since purchase, including all my highway and city trips, my mileage has been 15 km/l.

Reagrding the efficiency

I just recently bought a rapid tdi, been just over a month (DOP: 2 jan, 2013( my girlfriend is angry over me remembering this and not other dates ;)))
In this period i have driven the car 3k kms 99percent by myself and i must say i am in serious love with this machine.

For the average, I got 14kmpl during the first tankful completely in city
And 15.5 in the second

In one of the tankfuls on an expressway i received 19kmpl. Kept under 130, and was pretty impressed
All figures are with 100% a/c

The best part of this vehicle is the way it handles the roads at high speeds
One word - MARVELLOUS

Thanks,
Sahil

Quote:

Originally Posted by don_carmaster (Post 3046615)
Reagrding the efficiency

I just recently bought a rapid tdi, been just over a month (DOP: 2 jan, 2013( my girlfriend is angry over me remembering this and not other dates ;)))
In this period i have driven the car 3k kms 99percent by myself and i must say i am in serious love with this machine.

For the average, I got 14kmpl during the first tankful completely in city
And 15.5 in the second

In one of the tankfuls on an expressway i received 19kmpl. Kept under 130, and was pretty impressed
All figures are with 100% a/c

The best part of this vehicle is the way it handles the roads at high speeds
One word - MARVELLOUS

Thanks,
Sahil

Congrats Sahil your new car. From which dealer you have brought the car?

Quote:

Originally Posted by kalpurja (Post 3048417)

Congrats Sahil your new car. From which dealer you have brought the car?

I bought the car from Nawab Motors, noida sector 6 branch
And i must say i had an awesome experience from that place.
The sales executive was highly polished though moderately informed.

To add to this.
I recently also received a call from skoda India, they wanted to check with me about my dealership experience, sales experience, was i explained about the features when being delivered, cleanliness of the car during delivery etc
I must say I am deeply impressed, though yet to move to the infamous service department.

Thanks,
Sahil

Quote:

Originally Posted by don_carmaster (Post 3049144)
I bought the car from Nawab Motors, noida sector 6 branch
And i must say i had an awesome experience from that place.
The sales executive was highly polished though moderately informed.

To add to this.
I recently also received a call from skoda India, they wanted to check with me about my dealership experience, sales experience, was i explained about the features when being delivered, cleanliness of the car during delivery etc
I must say I am deeply impressed, though yet to move to the infamous service department.

Thanks,
Sahil

Great to hear. But my experience with them was quite opposite. Even I had received a call from Skoda India.
While taking your car to their service center please keep your eye wide open. Somehow they put a dent on running board of my car. :Frustrati

I love this car. Only problem I feel is soft suspension. Suspension is bit soft for my liking.

Was really surprised to see FE today morning. :Shockked:

Gives almost same as my Bullet Classic 500 stupid:

Can this car really do this? It went all the way till 28.4 kmpl and stayed there for quite a long distance.

Driving conditions:
Time:- 1:47 AM
Average Speed:- 70-80 kmph
RPM:- 1500 - 2000
AC:- No

Quote:

Originally Posted by 500ContyCruiser (Post 3049175)

Can this car really do this? It went all the way till 28.4 kmpl and stayed there for quite a long distance.

Driving conditions:
Time:- 1:47 AM
Average Speed:- 70-80 kmph
RPM:- 1500 - 2000
AC:- No

Not surprised at all. I get similar numbers in my 160 bhp 350 NM Laura when driven gently. See the distance to empty of 1460 kms on a car which has already done about 60kms post refuel. The tank holds about 55 ltrs of diesel. Mileage 27 +.
Name:  ForumRunner_20130224_105759.png
Views: 4551
Size:  828.9 KB

Quote:

Originally Posted by rohitm (Post 3049191)
Not surprised at all. I get similar numbers in my 160 bhp 350 NM Laura when driven gently. See the distance to empty of 1460 kms on a car which has already done about 60kms post refuel. The tank holds about 55 ltrs of diesel. Mileage 27 +.
Attachment 1055005

So I am not alone :)

But I was really surprised that this beauty can pull that much. I have never been into "kita deti hai" kind.

Anyways good to know of my car's FE

Quote:

Originally Posted by 500ContyCruiser (Post 3049175)

Wow, that's lovely FE.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rohitm (Post 3049191)

160 bhp, 350 NM? Which Laura is this?
My TSi is 160 bhp, 250NM, I think, but I have never seen such high FE in last 3 years...:-(

BTW, nice sketch of the Octavia on your profile page :thumbs up.

EDIT: I came to this thread to report on a short TD of the new Skoda Rapid (a colleague bought it) and completely forgot about it when I saw this FE discussion. Anyways, here is my quick impression:
Decent build, decently quick off the block (when you shift from N to first), and then it's completely dead in 1st and 2nd - severe turbo lag I assume. BTW, we observed a very important irritant - the bonnet can not be opened without opening the driver side door. There is nice looking opener below the dash near the driver door, but there is no space for it to move unless the door is opened :Frustrati. I am speechless...

Quote:

Originally Posted by anandpadhye (Post 3054125)

Wow, that's lovely FE.

160 bhp, 350 NM? Which Laura is this?

Well it's a remapped Laura TDI Manual. Was at 350NM plus when I captured the pic and got the mileage. Have got it retuned to limit torque to 330 NM as I did not want a knackered clutch/ flywheel. Now the car is driving like a dream.

See below VCDS log reading from a WOT run I did today morning. The max torque is 330NM, but it's held long enough for the car to easily reach 166 bhp. 40 - 100 kms in sub 7.2 secs! All this thanks to the remap done by Sid.

Name:  ForumRunner_20130301_192845.png
Views: 2201
Size:  55.0 KB

You reached 100 in which gear?
And what's measurement unit of the accelerator position? percentage? It stayed at 80%?

Quote:

Originally Posted by anandpadhye (Post 3054125)
BTW, we observed a very important irritant - the bonnet can not be opened without opening the driver side door. There is nice looking opener below the dash near the driver door, but there is no space for it to move unless the door is opened :Frustrati. I am speechless...

I asked the sales person about this when I took delivery of the car. He said it was a safety feature to prevent the bonnet from being opened by mistake when driving (accidentally pulling/ pushing the lever). The door opened will always mean a standstill stage, when it is safe to open the bonnet. Not sure how far to believe this, but then, it is there and nothing can be done. :Frustrati.

Quote:

Originally Posted by hrman (Post 3054143)
He said it was a safety feature to prevent the bonnet from being opened by mistake when driving (accidentally pulling/ pushing the lever). The door opened will always mean a standstill stage, when it is safe to open the bonnet.

Smart guylol:.
Just ask him why this safety feature is missing from the Laura!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by hrman (Post 3054143)
I asked the sales person about this when I took delivery of the car. He said it was a safety feature to prevent the bonnet from being opened by mistake when driving (accidentally pulling/ pushing the lever). The door opened will always mean a standstill stage, when it is safe to open the bonnet. Not sure how far to believe this, but then, it is there and nothing can be done. :Frustrati.

I also received similar answer from Vinayak Skoda.

Also when asked on steering controls, he mentioned due to steer controls airbag may not work.

USB - its Skoda norm not to support USB

:deadhorse

Quote:

Originally Posted by anandpadhye (Post 3054138)
You reached 100 in which gear?
And what's measurement unit of the accelerator position? percentage? It stayed at 80%?

3rd gear. The TDI Manual cannot do 100 in 2nd gear. Accelerator position is a percent. The way my car is set up with pedal to metal it always shows 80%. I use it as a guide when reviewing logs to ensure it indeed Wide Open Throttle.

Cheers
Rohit