Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 15th March 2013, 20:10   #931
BHPian

Re: Skoda Rapid : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorworks View Post
Quick info needed please. My rapid TDI is at the service station today for the 1st free service. I had complained of a slight shudder on braking at high speeds. Was told by the service guy that the brake discs have some scouring marks and may need to be replaced at my cost. They quoted about 4800 for this. I have just done 9000kms so was surprised about this. Any feedback?

Secondly do just the oil and other consumables come up to rs.9000? This is my first skoda service and was surprised at such a high figure.
Something definitely feels fishy. Firstly, Rs. 9000 seems to be fine. But, the first service is at 15000. Why are you getting your car serviced at 9k itself?

And about the discs, they should replace them under warranty. Contact the Skoda customer care about this and be very stern about this matter. The brakes are not meant to go wrong so early.
Keep us updated, all the best.

A Bhp-ian had a similar problem:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...ml#post2865536

Last edited by DeKay : 15th March 2013 at 20:18.
Old 16th March 2013, 01:08   #932

Does the Rapid come with only one reverse light? If so, is it possible to have the other light fitted by Skoda, at the customers expense. Will this void the warranty? Are the electrical wiring for such a provision already made? Can someone please update me on this as soon as possible since I am off to buy the car tomorrow. The show room is a fair distance away from my place and I would rather avoid an unnecessary trip if I cannot work round the reverse light issue.

My second choice is the Nissan Sunny which I have found out already comes with 2 factory fitted lights.

Many thanks in advance.
Old 16th March 2013, 11:20   #933
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narsi_6989 View Post
Is this valid in Chennai as well?
The loan is from skoda/vw finance. The dealer compensates them for a part of the discount being offered (in this case 0% interest). So, instead of giving cash discount to you they adjust it against the finance scheme. This is what I was told and makes me believe it can apply in any city.
ashw_r is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th March 2013, 12:09   #934
BHPian

A friend of mine is contemplating buying an Automatic Rapid. I only saw one ownership of an automatic Rapid. I would like to ask people here what their opinion is on an automatic Rapid. My friend has taken a test drive and was quite satisfied with it. He is asking me for a second opinion on this - I have not been following this car so I do not have much to tell him.

Would appreciate if you guys can help me out - Should we look at other options? Should I suggest test driving the Vento too? As far as I have read both cars are almost identical so what are the minor differences between the two? Any things I should be careful regarding this car (I already told him about the after sales supprt of Skoda)?
Old 16th March 2013, 15:07   #935
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashw_r View Post
The loan is from skoda/vw finance. The dealer compensates them for a part of the discount being offered (in this case 0% interest). So, instead of giving cash discount to you they adjust it against the finance scheme. This is what I was told and makes me believe it can apply in any city.
Thanks ashw_r. The 8999 EMI offer in progress is also from Skoda finance only. Thats the reason why i got bit confused. The dealer is due to call me on monday. I will speak to him and try to get the best possible deal.
Old 17th March 2013, 12:28   #936
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks ashw_r. The 8999 EMI offer in progress is also from Skoda finance only. Thats the reason why i got bit confused. The dealer is due to call me on monday. I will speak to him and try to get the best possible deal.
Please let me know if Gurudev is offering you the 8999 scheme with any other color than Red. When i visited them last week they mentioned they only have Red color cars under that scheme.

I was offered 11 lacs OTR price yesterday for Rapid Elegance MY2013.
Old 17th March 2013, 12:56   #937
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyper-VTEC View Post

Please let me know if Gurudev is offering you the 8999 scheme with any other color than Red. When i visited them last week they mentioned they only have Red color cars under that scheme.

I was offered 11 lacs OTR price yesterday for Rapid Elegance MY2013.
They are giving me 8999 offer on all colours. But the person told me that they have a 2012 red elegance in yard on which they will offer me 1lakh flat off. But the 8999 offer will not apply in that case. I'm pretty confused here. Each member is getting different offers from Gurudev. Probably we all should approach at the same time and get it clarified.
Old 17th March 2013, 20:13   #938
BHPian

Quote:
They are giving me 8999 offer on all colours. But the person told me that they have a 2012 red elegance in yard on which they will offer me 1lakh flat off. But the 8999 offer will not apply in that case. I'm pretty confused here. Each member is getting different offers from Gurudev. Probably we all should approach at the same time and get it clarified.
let me share my experience with gurudev motors ,trichy.
1)8999 offer is only for 2012 models.
2)8999 is for a maximum of rs 6 lakhs and that too with icici.
3)loan period is only for 5 yrs.
4) 8999 offer will not apply if you go for the flat cash discount of 70000.
i did the maths and went in for the flat cash discount.
drbabuanand is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th March 2013, 22:20   #939
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drbabuanand View Post

In Bangalore Vinayaka is giving 1 L discount on base version 2012, and upto 1.25 L for elegance. This was last month. I don't think it has changed as on date.
Old 17th March 2013, 22:47   #940
Senior - BHPian

An update: I just completed a Bangalore- Chikmagalur return trip in the Rapid. She has done close to 9800 kms in 11 moths of ownership. Looks like I've finally found that one thing I hate about this otherwise beautiful car. Full load luggage in the back and 5 passengers in the car. A perfect recipe for scraping every speedbreaker on the highway. Even the diversions before Hasan with the 3-4 smaller speed breakers in continuous order made it a point to scrape my car's back. There was this scraping sound just after the rear wheel descends from the speed breaker. I strongly suspect it was the rear mud flaps, since I have the older longish mudflaps which were fitted by the dealer .

I stopped the car much later and just had a glance at the bottom. The mud flaps appeared to be scraped. Not many scratches on the underbody though. On some freshly laid uneven sections, at a speed of 130 kms, there was some vertical play in the rear suspension which made us pop up and down like a balloon in water.:-). At speeds below 110 this was not there. Nice drive otherwise!

Any idea if its not for the mudflaps, where is the speed breaker likely to scratch? The silencer? And any options for softer mud flaps? I'm not too keen for the shorter hard ones which are now available.

Last edited by hrman : 17th March 2013 at 22:49.
Old 17th March 2013, 23:01   #941
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrman View Post
An update: I just completed a Bangalore- Chikmagalur return trip in the Rapid. She has done close to 9800 kms in 11 moths of ownership. Looks like I've finally found that one thing I hate about this otherwise beautiful car. Full load luggage in the back and 5 passengers in the car. A perfect recipe for scraping every speedbreaker on the highway. Even the diversions before Hasan with the 3-4 smaller speed breakers in continuous order made it a point to scrape my car's back. There was this scraping sound just after the rear wheel descends from the speed breaker. I strongly suspect it was the rear mud flaps, since I have the older longish mudflaps which were fitted by the dealer .

I stopped the car much later and just had a glance at the bottom. The mud flaps appeared to be scraped. Not many scratches on the underbody though. On some freshly laid uneven sections, at a speed of 130 kms, there was some vertical play in the rear suspension which made us pop up and down like a balloon in water.:-). At speeds below 110 this was not there. Nice drive otherwise!

Any idea if its not for the mudflaps, where is the speed breaker likely to scratch? The silencer? And any options for softer mud flaps? I'm not too keen for the shorter hard ones which are now available.
Yeah I have been in this situation lot of times. When checked on ramp, I had not seen any scratches underbelly. So, it is the mudflap who keep kissing road ever time.

There was some discussion on the mudflaps available on ebay. Looks like someone tried it. May be you can check them out.
Old 18th March 2013, 02:52   #942
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Am dead sure that its the long hard mud flaps, otherwise the ground clearance is good enough that you wont scrape anything under the belly if you are careful, with a upsize to 195/60 like me, the ground clearance gets bumped up significantly.

One thing i noticed between my Vento and friend's Rapid (same tyres and alloy size) is that the rear end of Rapid is lower than Vento, we even compared the rear edge of running board, Rapid is a few mm's lower and scrapes the mudflaps where the Vento easily cruises through. Could be due to difference suspension settings, he cut his mudflaps into half with a saw and they dont look bad

As for getting tossed up, yups the car does catches some air while going over undulations mostly accompanied with a loud thud but thats how it is.

Last edited by coolboy007 : 18th March 2013 at 02:54.
Old 18th March 2013, 09:21   #943
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
It could be the mudflaps most likely, but I have seen that in the Rapid and Vento the spare wheel area below the boot is also prone to hitting speed breakers when laden. The are behind the rear wheels below the bumper is where you should see some small scrapes.
Old 18th March 2013, 12:45   #944
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drbabuanand View Post
Thanks for the information drbabuanand. This evening I will be visiting Gurudev Motors again (to get my Fabia back from service). I will take note of above points and talk to the SA today. Will update on the result.
Old 18th March 2013, 13:53   #945
BHPian

Quote:
That's strange. Either they are confused and the SAs are not in sync, or they have some other fishy thing going on.

As i mentioned earlier they SA at Gurudev offered 11lac OTR for Elegance and i got a 11.2lac OTR for Vento Highline OTR from Sundaram. 20K difference seems too low. The price advantage of Rapid over Vento has diminished now.

20K more for the Vento MY2013 with RCD320, steering controls and more plush feel on Vento is a no-brainer. I was biased towards Rapid, but lacklustre attitude from Gurudev SAs and the TD of both cars back to back has made me a Vento fan.

Most Viewed