Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th March 2013, 17:48   #976
BHPian

Re: Skoda Rapid : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
Though I am not a Rapid owner, I hope you won't mind if I can share with you my thoughts on extended warranty . As you have rightly confessed extended warranty is purely peace of mind. God forbid if something breaks after the 2 years standard warranty period & you have to replace that part, it can cause a big hole in your pocket, give that Skoda spares are not that cheap. Though you are saying that your usage is less, how long would you be able to curb the urge of hitting the road on long drives for the sheer pleasure that the 1.6 TDi motor under the hood of the Rapid. You are bound to go on a mile munching spree, sooner or later. That time this extended warranty would definitely come in handy. So go ahead with it, is my sincere advise.
hi

Today only I was considering the extended warranty option for my Rapid and on giving a call to the service center, the SA in total ignorance, told me that it can be had only at the time of buying the vehicle! I did not argue with him on that as there is really no point in trying to explain how things stand.

So I discussed with him if its advisable to have the EW anyway considering that Skoda treats most of the damages to be in the wear and tear category for which they dont give any warranty. He tried to make a point that EW would still cover faulty a/c compressor and freakish accident with the engine. However I am not much convinced because these are such parts which would not go wrong if one exercises some caution. Had they covered suspension and other parts which are more likely to go wrong in the long run, it would have been a nice deal to go for EW. But right now I am not sure about it. My car is about to complete one year and has clocked 16k and except for the brake discs which were replaced under warranty, the car has been a dream to drive! touch wood!

Last edited by torque18 : 26th March 2013 at 17:56.
Old 26th March 2013, 20:12   #977
BHPian

@ Motorworks - Did you get the mud flaps from Skoda for your Rapid? I inquired with my dealer and he says it isnt available from Skoda yet.

Last edited by torque18 : 26th March 2013 at 20:27.
Old 27th March 2013, 12:37   #978
BHPian

It should be available since they are in B'lore.
I got mine (short ones) recently. Though not of
good quality, serves the purpose.
Old 27th March 2013, 13:47   #979
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALSUDA View Post
It should be available since they are in B'lore.
I got mine (short ones) recently. Though not of
good quality, serves the purpose.
Are you sure these are from Skoda only? When I had taken delivery of my car they had fixed the mud flaps though they were not an original accessory from Skoda. If what is available is from Skoda then that should be of a good quality, similar to the ones Vento has got now. And are the new flaps appropriate in size?
Old 27th March 2013, 14:21   #980
BHPian

Hi torque, I don't think that they are original skoda flaps, should be bought out once. But size/fitting is good. I waited for a month since they had no stock when I bought my car. Any time w/o mud flaps will be better, though they don't scrape.
Old 27th March 2013, 17:44   #981
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALSUDA View Post
Hi torque, I don't think that they are original skoda flaps, should be bought out once. But size/fitting is good. I waited for a month since they had no stock when I bought my car. Any time w/o mud flaps will be better, though they don't scrape.
Thanks. I will see now if I can procure it from them.
Old 27th March 2013, 20:21   #982
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by torque18 View Post
@ Motorworks - Did you get the mud flaps from Skoda for your Rapid? I inquired with my dealer and he says it isnt available from Skoda yet.
Please do check @kryptonite's Rapid ownership thread. I believe he procured short ones from somewhere and is happy with it. Seeing his mudflaps someone else also have bought it - I have a hunch, it's from eBay.
Old 27th March 2013, 20:42   #983
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Please do check @kryptonite's Rapid ownership thread. I believe he procured short ones from somewhere and is happy with it. Seeing his mudflaps someone else also have bought it - I have a hunch, it's from eBay.
yes you are right. those are from ebay. however, i was thinking if the original is available too because there would be a significant difference in quality
torque18 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 28th March 2013, 17:02   #984
Senior - BHPian

Rapid owners, i need your help for my buddy.
As i had posted before, my friend was facing this issue of brake shuddering with his Rapid and Skoda replaced the discs under warranty, now as per our knowledge once the brake pads have the grooves of the faulty disc we need to change pads as well with new brake discs.

Now they quoted around 3200 for brake pads change and my friend wants to ask that is it necessary to change the pads now because of the new discs? Will it harm the disc if the pads aren't changed?
Old 28th March 2013, 19:07   #985
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolboy007 View Post
As i had posted before, my friend was facing this issue of brake shuddering with his Rapid and Skoda replaced the discs under warranty, now as per our knowledge once the brake pads have the grooves of the faulty disc we need to change pads as well with new brake discs.

Now they quoted around 3200 for brake pads change and my friend wants to ask that is it necessary to change the pads now because of the new discs? Will it harm the disc if the pads aren't changed?
Ideally speaking it should be but not in this case. It will depend on how much has the car run on the old pads before new discs were installed. In any case the pads will adjust to the new discs over a period of time. You should know even in regular usage every time pads are changed discs are not. Lifecycle of discs is much higher than the pads.
zulfi hansi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th March 2013, 11:04   #986
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolboy007 View Post

Please ask him to bed in the brakes and he should be fine.

Can you give us the details of the car, when it was manufactured and how many kms run etc.
Old 30th March 2013, 00:13   #987
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel_convert View Post
Can you give us the details of the car, when it was manufactured and how many kms run etc.
The car has done 9300 kms and the brake discs were changed just 50 kms back. Yeah, he has been kind with the brakes till now after replacement and bedding in the new discs nicely.

Have told him to let it be and not replace the pads as they will easily last for another 20-25k kms.
Old 31st March 2013, 08:49   #988
Senior - BHPian

I visited TAFE showroom on Hosur road for enquiry about Rapid, there is discount worth Rs.140000 on 2012 models for TDI Elegance plus version, of course only red color is available. The cash discount is Rs.50000 for 2013 models, because of localisation of spares the sales person mentioned of lower service cost compared to Fabia.
Old 31st March 2013, 21:38   #989
BHPian

Another gaffe by Skoda,1765000 loan amount for a Rapid. I guess they charge for all the problems before hand only.

Name:  ForumRunner_20130331_213701.png
Views: 2127
Size:  73.1 KB
Old 31st March 2013, 22:05   #990
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by eq24 View Post
Another gaffe by Skoda,1765000 loan amount for a Rapid. I guess they charge for all the problems before hand only.

Attachment 1067863
Not sure am I missing something or is there a calculation mistake in the ad.

Down payment = 2,11,226
22652 * 36 EMIs = 8,15,472
One shot closing = 2,00,000

Total = ~12,25,000/-

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 31st March 2013 at 22:08.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks