Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st March 2013, 23:03   #991
BHPian

Re: Skoda Rapid : Test Drive & Review

Hi

There is a problem with the music system of my car. I would not exactly say it is a problem but definitely things are not fine.

The volume/power knob which is the left side knob could not be properly pressed. The knob is working but it has become like a touch screen thing. It doesn't have the feel the other side knob has. Now i just have to touch the button to make it work without having to exert any pressure at all!

Though its not something serious but its definitely irritating. The buttons had a perfect feel to them and I would love to have it back actually! I am not the touchscreen person
Old 9th April 2013, 01:09   #992
BHPian

Installed this short antenna on my car and it works just fine. Did not notice any problems with radio reception.

http://www.ebay.in/itm/Skoda-Rapid-F...item1e74eef949
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda Rapid : Test Drive & Review-antenna.jpg  

Old 9th April 2013, 09:33   #993
BHPian

I had my first 6month/7500km free checkup done. Total expenses was Rs.729. Which was just the wheel balancing charges done when I reported them the left steering issue. And now clearly it did not make any difference. The entire car feels somewhat greasy. The wash and clean was not so neat. Anyway, all these nagging apart I am quite satisfied with the service. The way the service representatives interacted. How the timelines were met. How smoothly the process went ahead. I'm gonna give Skoda A.S.S. a 8.5/10 with my first experience :-)
Old 10th April 2013, 15:33   #994
GTO
Team-BHP Support

It's raining unique offers on cars from the VW Group. First, a Skoda dealer offered a free Fabia with every Rapid (Related Link). Then, VW launched a 'buy now, pay after 1 year' scheme for the Vento.

Now, Skoda announces 100% financing for the Rapid. The new scheme will cover the ex-showroom price as 100% of the loan amount. Customers do not have to make any down payment. This is a limited period scheme available from 8th April to 18th April, 2013.

For the Jan - Mar 2013 period, Rapid sales have hovered around the 1,500 / month mark. Not much of a show from a sedan that is well-rounded and sold at a value-for-money price.
GTO is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 10th April 2013, 17:37   #995
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
It's raining unique offers on cars from the VW Group. First, a Skoda dealer offered a free Fabia with every Rapid (Related Link). Then, VW launched a 'buy now, pay after 1 year' scheme for the Vento.

Now, Skoda announces 100% financing for the Rapid. The new scheme will cover the ex-showroom price as 100% of the loan amount. Customers do not have to make any down payment. This is a limited period scheme available from 8th April to 18th April, 2013.

For the Jan - Mar 2013 period, Rapid sales have hovered around the 1,500 / month mark. Not much of a show from a sedan that is well-rounded and sold at a value-for-money price.

Good to see Skoda / VW making so much effort on Indian market. With so many cars on road, it can help in lowering maintenance cost.

Also, with so many cars being sold, Rapid may loose its uniqueness; one of the reasons I went of this car.
Old 10th April 2013, 22:44   #996
BHPian

People say that when products dont sell, companies throw offers. If this is true then why are these cars not selling?
Old 10th April 2013, 22:57   #997
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by byomjeet View Post
People say that when products dont sell, companies throw offers. If this is true then why are these cars not selling?
So true. IMHO There can be only 2 reasons, either the product is not good enough or it is over priced. And both these criterias keep constantly changing. What is great today may not be even good enough tomorrow.
Old 10th April 2013, 23:13   #998
BHPian

Quote:
Skoda India website has not put up this offer yet. Do you have any details of the offer - especially the interest rate? It might be interesting depending on that!
Old 11th April 2013, 09:04   #999
BHPian

Quote:
Hi GTO,

Can you please provide us the reference link for this offer? The link will be mighty helpful. I spoke to Gurudev Motors Chennai 2 days back and I was told that there are no runnning offers for Rapid. She could offer me a maximum of 15k discount. On the contrary, the Skoda website still displays the Holiday Offer in which the down payment will be 2.28 lakh (registration, insurance and other charges extra) and we will be given a loan of 7.65 lakh. The EMI will start after 12 months similar to the Vento scheme (Related Link).
Old 11th April 2013, 11:24   #1000
BHPian

The key to the success of the Skoda and VW brands is the localization of the spares. This will help in bringing the cost down. Based on the feedback from multiple friends, who have felt that the rapid has a better overall package vis a vis the Vento and at a lower price point. Lets see if the schemes being doled out is resulting in higher sales. Based on todays news, the auto industry sales are down by 22% Y on Y for the same time period. This is getting murkier by the day. As long as the govt does not get its act straight, this will be an inherent problem for the entire industry.
Old 11th April 2013, 18:09   #1001
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narsi_6989 View Post
Can you please provide us the reference link for this offer?
Its openly being advertised in the local papers here in Meerut

Skoda Rapid : Test Drive & Review-skoda-rapid-offer.jpg
dkaile is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th April 2013, 18:27   #1002
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkaile View Post
Its openly being advertised in the local papers here in Meerut
Thanks dkaile for the advertisement snapshot. But I think this is again dealer specific like 'Buy a Rapid, get a Fabia free' offer as there no such advertisements here down south. Anyway this will be kept as reference during my next showroom visit over the weekend.
Old 11th April 2013, 18:29   #1003
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narsi_6989 View Post
But I think this is again dealer specific like 'Buy a Rapid, get a Fabia free' offer as there no such advertisements here down south.
This is NOT dealer specific as already confirmed by GTO in Mumbai. Your South dealer may be a little slow in responding to this all India offer.
dkaile is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th April 2013, 19:04   #1004
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkaile View Post
This is NOT dealer specific as already confirmed by GTO in Mumbai. Your South dealer may be a little slow in responding to this all India offer.
Do you know what the fineprint is? Interest rate and tenor etc.? Thanks in advance, if you have the info on that
Old 13th April 2013, 17:31   #1005
Senior - BHPian

Just gave my car and got it back from the first free service today. I gave it to Vinayaka Skoda Service. Have completed 12 months and 10500 kms.
Right from the time of my appointment booking to delivery of my car, the experience has been great!! Final Bill came upto Rs.6759/- incl. pickup and delivery charges of Rs.300/-.
Major things done were engine oil change, air filter, fuel filter replacement and top up of some fluids.
I decided to get wheel alignment and wheel balancing done from Madhus' so asked Skoda not to do it.

Complaints:
1. Replacement of front and rear mud flaps with ones I ordered from Ebay. (referred from Kryptonite's thread). Check.
2. AC gave a mild diesel smell after 15 minutes of driving. They have apparently cleaned the A/c duct or something. I need to still test this out.
3. Rear quarter panel internal plastic needed to be pushed in. (I had pulled it out when I tried removing the rear sunfilm). Check.
4. Passenger seat belt was getting stuck. This has been opened and lubricated. Its working fine now. Check.

This must be one of the lowest service charges for the Rapid/ Vento that I've come across on TBHP. Am I happy? Hell yeah!!

I am loving her more and more now after a great experience. I have attached the copy of the invoice. Please feel free to comment!!
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda Rapid : Test Drive & Review-service-invoice.jpg  

Last edited by hrman : 13th April 2013 at 17:39.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks