Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th April 2013, 20:31   #1006
BHPian

Re: Skoda Rapid : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrman View Post
I have attached the copy of the invoice. Please feel free to comment!!
Great stuff.. Im not quite sure how the variation in the bill came to be, I had bought a liter of oil from Vinayaks for top up about 6 months back. They had removed the label in the front and gave me the bottle. But the label at the back was there and it appears to have been imported from Europe. My first service is due. But thats after they return the car from the accident repair. They have had it now for over two and a half months.
Old 22nd April 2013, 12:54   #1007
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Posting verbatim.

A soft market = Raining limited editions.

Quote:
ŠKODA Rapid Prestige limited edition launched at 8.99 lakhs (ex-showroom Delhi)

Ø The Rapid Prestige edition will include unlimited features like navigation, parking sensors, wind visors, textile floor mats amongst others
Ø The Rapid prestige edition will be available to customers for a limited period only

New Delhi, April 22nd, 2013: ŠKODA Auto India launched a limited edition of its popular selling sedan, the ŠKODA Rapid. The new Rapid Prestige will be priced at Rs 8.99 Lakhs (ex-showroom Delhi) and will come with unlimited features like navigation, parking sensors, wind visors, floor mats that increase the functional benefits for the customer.

The Rapid Prestige edition will sport special Prestige badging on the sides of the car making it easily identifiable for the customer. The limited Prestige edition will be launched with the 1.6 TDI diesel engine, manual transmission with maximum power of 77kW (105PS)@4400rpm and maximum torque of 250Nm@1500–2500rpm

Symbolizing ŠKODA’s brand value – “Simply Clever”, the Rapid is ideal for the Indian streets with an attractive design, ample space, excellent safety equipment and modern proven technology. It is a comfortable car for the family with an elegant design, ensuring an efficient drive. The new features will now make the Rapid Prestige an even more enviable purchase within the already successful Rapid model range.

‘Simply Clever’ solutions

· Front passenger seat adjustment from rear seat using ergo-lever
· Anti-pinch windows
· One-touch operation for electrically adjustable windows
· Adjustable dual rear air-conditioning vents
· Security code for audio player
· Height and Length adjustment for steering wheel
· Foldaway cup holders
· Rough Road package

Key Product content

· Driver & front passenger airbags
· ABS (Anti-lock Braking System)
· Škoda 2-DIN integrated audio player w/ aux-in socket + SD/MMC data card reader
· Front passenger seat adjustment from rear seat
· Height & length adjustable steering wheel
· Climatronic - automatic air conditioning w/ electronic regulation of cabin temperature
· Adjustable dual rear air-conditioning vents on rear centre console
· Remote controlled central door locking w/ comfort operation of electric windows
· Electrically adjustable external mirrors
· Multi-function information display
GTO is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2013, 13:17   #1008
Senior - BHPian

Third special edition launch in less than 3-4 weeks
1) DZire Regal
2) Vento Style
3) Rapid Prestige.

Is this the AMAZE effect?
ajay_satpute is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2013, 13:20   #1009
BHPian

Thanks for the update, was speaking to a Skoda Dealer (TAFE) in Banngalore a few minutes back and he mentioned models will be available in a few days.

Your specs are detailed, he wasn't aware of the comprehensive feature list as posted by you..

Keep in mind though, the Rapid Ambiente ( mid variant ) has an unofficial 70k discount running with a few accessories thrown in. This includes a discount from Skoda, a Corporate Discount, and some polite bargaining.

Last edited by babhishek : 22nd April 2013 at 13:38.
Old 23rd April 2013, 16:27   #1010

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Posting verbatim.

All the features are the same as the top end Elegance version. The only difference being the leather seats, navigation, touch screen HU, and rear camera assist - which are available at a discounted package rate, as I have given in my earlier post. This is the same deal I got for my Rapid Elegance. Guess as a marketing gimmick, Skoda has decided to rename it as Rapid Prestige for an aura of exclusivity.
Old 23rd April 2013, 21:21   #1011
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Posting verbatim.

Thanks GTO. Skoda is not leaving anything unturned as far as selling their product is concerned.

But, they couldn't come up with a better word than prestige for badge ? Owing to the pressure cooker situation
in the sales department ?

Comparatively, Regal and Style, as was the earlier Breeze, sound good (just a personal opinion).

Last edited by stringbh : 23rd April 2013 at 21:25.
Old 24th April 2013, 09:08   #1012
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aashishtrivedi View Post
All the features are the same as the top end Elegance version. The only difference being the leather seats, navigation, touch screen HU, and rear camera assist - which are available at a discounted package rate, as I have given in my earlier post. This is the same deal I got for my Rapid Elegance. Guess as a marketing gimmick, Skoda has decided to rename it as Rapid Prestige for an aura of exclusivity.
Prestige does not have Leather Seats or Rear Camera Assist. It comes with rear Parking Sensors and Navigation, which are the only additional features worth mentioning. You are correct that all features are same as Elegance with some additions.

What is the discounted package rate for all that you mentioned? It may be a better deal on top of Elegance rather than Prestige. Only, the latter is cheaper than regular Elegance in spite of feature addition. Didn't understand this pricing strategy from Skoda/VW, though.
Old 24th April 2013, 09:58   #1013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tats07 View Post
Prestige does not have Leather Seats or Rear Camera Assist. It comes with rear Parking Sensors and Navigation, which are the only additional features worth mentioning. You are correct that all features are same as Elegance with some additions.

What is the discounted package rate for all that you mentioned? It may be a better deal on top of Elegance rather than Prestige. Only, the latter is cheaper than regular Elegance in spite of feature addition. Didn't understand this pricing strategy from Skoda/VW, though.
The package included the touchscreen Hu with ipod, usb, bluetooth compatibility, mapmyindia navigation systemwith 1 year free, rear camera assist, and leather seats. I paid 44k for all of this. A good deal indeed.
Old 24th April 2013, 19:47   #1014
BHPian

Quote:
The package included the touchscreen Hu with ipod, usb, bluetooth compatibility, mapmyindia navigation systemwith 1 year free, rear camera assist, and leather seats. I paid 44k for all of this. A good deal indeed.
Touchscreen HU? are you sure? because even the site doesn't mention it as a feature. It only says 2 Din integrated audio player which I am assuming is the same as is available with Elegance. Further, no mention of usb, ipod connectivity anywhere.
Old 24th April 2013, 21:08   #1015
BHPian

Yesterday I took my car for general fluid checkup.

The SE mentioned they are running free Summer Check camp for all Skoda cars till mid of May.

They check for
1. Fluid level
2. Clean Air and pollen filters
3. AC
4. few other things (forgot to take photo of the list)
Old 25th April 2013, 11:22   #1016
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by torque18 View Post
Touchscreen HU? are you sure? because even the site doesn't mention it as a feature. It only says 2 Din integrated audio player which I am assuming is the same as is available with Elegance. Further, no mention of usb, ipod connectivity anywhere.
I was looking to upgrade to Rapid 2 months back and postponed the buy due to different reasons. Since I had registered with them I recieved a call from Pune regarding the Prestige Edition of the Rapid. A guy named Jatin spoke to me and infomed me about this launch. According to him the below mentioned are the highlights.
  • All features that of elegance trim
  • GPS (not a touchscreen HU as per him). It will be a separate GPS module
  • Reverse Camera
  • Reverse Parking Sensors
All the above with effective price reduction. Elegance costs 11.42 OTR Chennai and if we haggle a bit we can finalise the deal for 11L. This prestige edition as per him is offered at 10.52 OTR Chennai. I wanted to make sure whether all these features with reduced price is for 2013 VIN, but he could not confirm that. He asked me check with the local dealer. I was prompted to ask this because I was offered a flat 1L discount on 2012 VIN Rapid by the local dealer a month back.

If time permits will check this out with local dealer this weekend.
Old 25th April 2013, 11:22   #1017
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Prestige does not have Leather Seats or Rear Camera Assist. It comes with rear Parking Sensors and Navigation, which are the only additional features worth mentioning
Are you sure that it does not have the leather seats? Their website however says that leather package is also included in this.

http://www.skoda-auto.co.in/models/R...r#.UXeJL6JFncA

Did feel that its quite a very good VFM offer considering that it is cheaper than their mid variant.

Does the elegance come with rear camera assist? in the sense houses a camera itself?
Old 25th April 2013, 11:24   #1018

Quote:
Originally Posted by torque18 View Post
This is not part of Prestige. This is an add on package that Autobahn is giving its customers. As part of that package for an additional 44k, all the features I have mentioned are included. I have just taken delivery of my new Elegance this Sunday, and hence am testament to the same :-)
Old 25th April 2013, 12:10   #1019
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ku69rd View Post
Are you sure that it does not have the leather seats? Their website however says that leather package is also included in this.

http://www.skoda-auto.co.in/models/R...r#.UXeJL6JFncA

Did feel that its quite a very good VFM offer considering that it is cheaper than their mid variant.

Does the elegance come with rear camera assist? in the sense houses a camera itself?
No Leather seats. Leather package is leather wrapped steering, and gear shift knob along with leather wrapped handbrake lever. Have a look at the 'Upholstery' section in the following link:

http://www.skoda-auto.co.in/models/R...s#.UXjNMORTBy4

It says ivory fabric upholstery.

Quote:
Originally Posted by narsi_6989 View Post
[*]All features that of elegance trim[*]GPS (not a touchscreen HU as per him). It will be a separate GPS module[*]Reverse Camera[*]Reverse Parking Sensors[/list]
Reverse camera is not present in Prestige or Elegance. Parking sensors are present in Prestige, but not in Elegance.

Yes, it's an excellent deal considering that it's priced lower than their mid-variant. I posed this question before, and still wondering - this will effectively stop the sales of Elegance for the period that the Limited Edition is being sold. I don't understand the pricing logic. Great for customers, but from a business logic perspective, they could've just upgraded Elegance with these features, and kept the price same.

Typically, Limited Editions have something which the top end model does not have, and loses some of the features of the top-end if priced lower.
Old 25th April 2013, 12:24   #1020
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Typically, Limited Editions have something which the top end model does not have, and loses some of the features of the top-end if priced lower.
Agree, to your statement that limited editions must be something which the mid variant generally gets spruced up with some added features. But therein again am not complaining as this does sound to be a very good deal.

However interestingly do we have any team bhpians who bought the car in that offer? Buy Skoda Rapid and get a Fabia free?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks