Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th May 2013, 07:05   #1051
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aceman82 View Post
One quick query, how reliable is this news ? Also what is the expected price changes due these new additions.
This news is from horse's mouth.
No idea about price changes yet
Nicky is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th May 2013, 01:04   #1052
BHPian

Re: Skoda Rapid : Test Drive & Review

It struck me today after reading in a Superb thread that during the first service of my car, the coolant was topped up with distilled water. I think around 150-200 ml was used but now with the summer at its peak, I am wondering what blunder I made by allowing him to go ahead with it and that too when it was being poured in front of my eyes! I was with the car the entire time! Is it the normal practice? If not, what needs to be done now, considering the fact that coolant is not scheduled for replacement before 80k. Should I get the coolant from Skoda and add a bit to the coolant tank to dilute the effect of water? or should I wait for the level to drop a bit?
Old 12th May 2013, 01:32   #1053
Senior - BHPian

^^Don't worry, 200-250ml of water will hardly make any difference.
Old 13th May 2013, 07:56   #1054
BHPian

Since I am in Tokyo there are a whole bunch of gadgets available for cars , I wanted to make the most of it. I have the following queries :

1. Sparco steering cover
--> Need the steering size to be really sure. They come in two sizes "S" and the "M".

2. Razo GT spec pedals -- http://www.amazon.com/Razo-RP105-Ped.../dp/B000FJQWD0
--> The accelerator pad says 135mm, will this fit the rapid accelerator pedals.

3. Light upgrade
--> Since Skoda is so finicky about light upgrades, what can I get which will plug and play into the current setup. Given the Indian traffic sense I would like to get the brightest possible option.
There are a whole bunch of options available in the store and I am not really sure which way to go.

-Santosh
Old 14th May 2013, 13:44   #1055
BHPian

Finally Skoda has agreed for EW. Got a call from SA in the morning saying that they have talked at Skoda and they have agreed to EW treating this to be a special case. Whatever talk they had i don't know but I made a prompt payment and have already received my EW certificate in a pdf format. Its not signed or anything and the SA is insisting that i can have the signed and stamped copy whenever I pay them a visit next. As for the warranty booklet and all, he said its just a booklet and the main thing is the warranty certificate which he has already sent. I didn't insist.
Old 14th May 2013, 15:46   #1056
BHPian

torque> good that you could get your EW.
Even mine is one sheet & no booklet. I collected the signed one myself from my dealer.
Old 14th May 2013, 17:09   #1057
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALSUDA View Post
torque> good that you could get your EW.
Even mine is one sheet & no booklet. I collected the signed one myself from my dealer.
yes but I fail to understand how will bajaj allianz give me warranty now!

anyway, I will ask them one more time tomorrow to send me the booklet, certificate and the payment receipt.
Old 20th May 2013, 15:45   #1058
Senior - BHPian

Guys ,any pointers on how to get aftermarket power horns (hella/minda) installed without messing with the warranty ?
Old 21st May 2013, 21:54   #1059
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicky View Post
I have some good news for Skoda lovers. There will be addition of new features in Rapid.
1. New Steering wheel with controls on it. same as New Octavia. here is pic
2. New Speedo meter design more in line with New Octavia
3. New Music system. same as in current Vento with bluetooth
4. Projector headlamp for low beam and halogen for high beam.

Launch will be towards end of the August 2013.
May I know the source of this information?
How reliable is it. I am in the verge of booking my car, prestige edition tomorrow.
Please someone/anyone respond to this query.
I am in such a dilemma. What is the latest skoda speedometer like? Any picture available?
Old 22nd May 2013, 09:44   #1060
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visaster View Post
May I know the source of this information?
How reliable is it. I am in the verge of booking my car, prestige edition tomorrow.
Please someone/anyone respond to this query.
I am in such a dilemma. What is the latest skoda speedometer like? Any picture available?
source has seen this proto car physically in the factory. can't say more to make you believe.
Old 25th May 2013, 13:20   #1061
BHPian

Hi everyone, I've been waiting to write this for some time, just didn't fall in place. Story goes like this. About a year back I happened to accompany my friend for car shopping . He was looking for an upgrade from his indica v2 and had almost zeroed in on the new dezire but was also thinking about the fluidic verna because he wanted an a/c with a pollen/dust filter, which the maruti didn't offer. Finally he landed on the base vento tdi, even through stiff opposition from his better half who was adamant that he'll have to buy either the dezire or the verna. While he was finalizing his deal, we happened to test the rapid and he was kinda impressed by this car but was put off by so called 'horror' A.S.S. But I was smitten by the car & suddenly the thought of replacing my trusty but ageing accent crdi started creeping into my mind ( the car has served me for 8 years & 1.75 Lakh kms without any major problems and I am keeping my fingers crossed as i say this as i still have the car with me and don't want to jinx it.) So bottom line is that he got a vento tdi base variant and i got a rapid tdi mid variant with literally no price difference at all. So for the same exact price, almost a year back, this is what the cars offered.
1.He got the better looking car ( My perspective ).
2.He got OE reverse parking sensors.
3.Between the two cars,one cannot feel any difference in the performance during real world driving.
4.I got a noticeably silent engine ( From the cabin side. From outside, both engines sound the same ).
5.He thinks my A.S.S will be bad ( doesn't bother me as I've lived with fiat service and have had better with experience skoda previously).
6.I got ABS and a driver air bag.
7.I got body coloured mirrors and handles ( just fancy stuff and has zero value utility wise ).
8.I got driver seat height adjust.
9.I got a flip key which operates the door lock, windows and boot lid remotely. He just has the normal key and no remote.
10.His dash board color is grayish, mine is brownish ( would have preferred black)
11.I got front fog lamps.
12.He has got only a single reverse lamp.
13.I got lit power window switches ( base vento has/had no lights on the power window switches and are difficult to locate in the dark )
14.He has red light for the instrument display, mine is green.
15.His MID shows average consumption and distance to empty among other stuff like gear shift indicator. Mine does't have that. Instead it shows the out side temperature! for what? I'm yet to figure out. The gear shift indicator of course is there ( another fancy thing and of limited utility )
16.We both were not fans of climate control as even in climate controlled ones, we have a habit of fiddling with the blower vents often and both the cars don't have climate control.
17.The skoda dealer threw in extended warranty and floor mats free. The vw dealer gave him free insurance.
18.My cars interiors have a little more bits of chrome.
19.The hood locking/opening lever/spring ( the one under the hood ) on his car looks down right cheap. I don't think utility will be affected though but it looks out of place in a million rupee car.
20.I got black carpeting. He has got beige carpeting.
I hate beige especially when it it comes to carpeting. I got dark carpets but will have to live with the beige seats as only the non abs version of rapid comes with dark seats and no to seat covers because I am some one who prefers to keep cars as bone stock as possible. Seeing a stereo fixed almost had me fainted and it would kill me to see the bumpers drilled for a reverse sensor.
These are the things coming to the immediate mind now. And oh! both the cars ( both didn't have OE stereo ) don't have the wiring for rear speakers although stereo wiring for antenna and front speaker wires are standard.
crdi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th May 2013, 13:14   #1062
BHPian

Due to last week rain in Bangalore, there is moist formation in fog lamps. Both the front fogs are affected.

Any ways to remove it? I have not visited Skoda showroom yet.

Ideally this should not happen right? I do not see any leak/hole in fog lamp assembly.
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda Rapid : Test Drive & Review-wp_20130523_001.jpg  

Skoda Rapid : Test Drive & Review-wp_20130523_002.jpg  

Old 28th May 2013, 23:43   #1063
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by faithless_1984 View Post
Guys ,any pointers on how to get aftermarket power horns (hella/minda) installed without messing with the warranty ?
One of my Hellas stopped working, so I changed both to Bosch Symphony. Fits like OE, no extra wiring required, no relays, nothing (just like the Hellas that I had noted in my thread: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...dex-page1.html)

Last edited by kryptonite : 28th May 2013 at 23:44.
Old 29th May 2013, 09:34   #1064
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 500ContyCruiser View Post
Due to last week rain in Bangalore, there is moist formation in fog lamps. Both the front fogs are affected.

Any ways to remove it? I have not visited Skoda showroom yet.

Ideally this should not happen right? I do not see any leak/hole in fog lamp assembly.
Hi

My car is also 25 days old and in last bangalore rains my left fog got mistified. I spoke to the showroom guys and they are taking the car on this saturday and could change it, i will keep you posted.
Old 29th May 2013, 11:02   #1065
BHPian

My Rapid Ambition+ TDI is going to be 6 months old in June. Any reviews on the Vinayaka service center at Okalipuram? That is the one closest to my home and I think I have seen reviews of the KR Puram center most here.

Thanks,
NMA

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks