Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th June 2013, 16:21   #1096
BHPian

Re: Skoda Rapid : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRapid View Post
Thanks torque18. Can i ask yu how much you paid while renewing the 2nd year insurance aling with the EW. Appreciate if you could give me the breakup as well. Thanks in advance.
The insurance was renewed for approx. 11k which included 50% NCB and the EW was for 12K.
Old 6th July 2013, 02:05   #1097
BHPian

HI

I have noticed that the rear right power window of my car doesn't work sometimes. It starts working after a while though. Happened second time today and don't know if i should call it a coincidence but on both the occasions the car was given a wash. What could it be? Anyone else experienced this?
Old 6th July 2013, 10:39   #1098
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by torque18 View Post
HI

I have noticed that the rear right power window of my car doesn't work sometimes. It starts working after a while though. Happened second time today and don't know if i should call it a coincidence but on both the occasions the car was given a wash. What could it be? Anyone else experienced this?
Could be either a loose connection, or the harness may be frayed, so it shorts some times. The fraying normally happens at the door hinge area.

If the car is in warranty, get the cable checked at the A.S.S. and get it replaced. Else inspect each wire in the cable and tape it if you find a the insulation frayed.
Old 6th July 2013, 22:35   #1099
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aroy View Post
Could be either a loose connection, or the harness may be frayed, so it shorts some times. The fraying normally happens at the door hinge area.

If the car is in warranty, get the cable checked at the A.S.S. and get it replaced. Else inspect each wire in the cable and tape it if you find a the insulation frayed.
I am ruling out fraying as the cables are pretty well insulated. And i will have the connections checked on my next visit. Thanks for the inputs
Old 7th July 2013, 16:08   #1100
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by torque18 View Post
HI

Such problem happened in my Honda City - it was driver side power window switch which was acting weird, sometimes working and sometimes not. Got it checked by Honda A.S.S and the entire switch assy was replaced under warranty.
bluevolt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th July 2013, 16:23   #1101
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt View Post
Such problem happened in my Honda City - it was driver side power window switch which was acting weird, sometimes working and sometimes not. Got it checked by Honda A.S.S and the entire switch assy was replaced under warranty.
I am going to have it checked on my next visit to the service center. Thanks!
Old 8th July 2013, 12:01   #1102
BHPian

I just had a talk with Vinayak Skoda. Planning to buy a rapid (since I cannot wait 9 months for the ecosport which I have booked). The sales guy offered me a flat discount of 50K for the ambition plus model. He said he could offer some accessories as freebies (seat covers, parking sensors etc). Has anyone else got a better deal? Also, he said they are increasing the price by 41K this month (usual sales talk I think). The OTR price for the ambition plus is 11.27L including drive assure and extended warranty.
Old 8th July 2013, 13:14   #1103
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivasuma View Post
I just had a talk with Vinayak Skoda. Planning to buy a rapid (since I cannot wait 9 months for the ecosport which I have booked). The sales guy offered me a flat discount of 50K for the ambition plus model. He said he could offer some accessories as freebies (seat covers, parking sensors etc). Has anyone else got a better deal? Also, he said they are increasing the price by 41K this month (usual sales talk I think). The OTR price for the ambition plus is 11.27L including drive assure and extended warranty.
11.27L for the ambition+ TDi?! I purchased one for 10.7L after about 70K worth discounts 6 months back (including drive assure and extended warrenty). Not sure if prices have increased so much in the meantime. I bought in Vinayak on Bellary road.
nma83 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th July 2013, 13:25   #1104
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nma83 View Post
11.27L for the ambition+ TDi?! I purchased one for 10.7L after about 70K worth discounts 6 months back (including drive assure and extended warrenty). Not sure if prices have increased so much in the meantime. I bought in Vinayak on Bellary road.
Yes, effectively after the 50K discount it will be 10.77L. He also said he will throw in some more freebies.
Old 8th July 2013, 15:30   #1105
BHPian

Quote:
Yes, effectively after the 50K discount it will be 10.77L. He also said he will throw in some more freebies.
Ah, looks fair enough then!
Old 8th July 2013, 18:32   #1106
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nma83 View Post
Ah, looks fair enough then!
After lots of haggling, I have received the following from Tafe Access.

Ambition plus - actual OTR 11.16L + EW 11.7K

Offer: 10.6L (includes ext warranty + drive assure+ floormats + external paint protection + mudflaps + parking sensors).

Elegance Plus - actual OTR 12.06L + EW 11.7K

Offer: 11.4L (includes ext warranty + drive assure + floormats + external paint protection + mudflaps + parking sensors).

The insurance is 0% depreciation and the cars are May 13 manufactured.

How does this offer look? Thanks

Last edited by shivasuma : 8th July 2013 at 18:33.
Old 8th July 2013, 19:05   #1107
BHPian

Skoda launches Rapid Leisure

Skoda launches Rapid Leisure

Skoda has launched a limited edition of the Rapid called the Rapid Leisure.

Available on both the petrol and the diesel engine-powered versions with the six-speed manual gearbox and the automatic transmission (petrol), the Rapid Leisure comes with a portable screen that has navigation system and also doubles up as a display for the reversing camera. Additional equipment, as part of the Leisure package, includes rear parking sensors, 15-inch alloys, door sills and leatherette seat covers. This limited edition also comes with special badging.

Skoda has priced the Rapid Leisure at RS 9.06 lakh (ex-showroom, Delhi).

Source: Autocar
Old 8th July 2013, 19:13   #1108
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
After lots of haggling, I have received the following from Tafe Access.

Ambition plus - actual OTR 11.16L + EW 11.7K

Offer: 10.6L (includes ext warranty + drive assure+ floormats + external paint protection + mudflaps + parking sensors).

Elegance Plus - actual OTR 12.06L + EW 11.7K

Offer: 11.4L (includes ext warranty + drive assure + floormats + external paint protection + mudflaps + parking sensors).

The insurance is 0% depreciation and the cars are May 13 manufactured.

How does this offer look? Thanks
Looks nice. Does Skoda have similar offer like VW where they have 0% EMI stuff ?
Old 8th July 2013, 21:05   #1109
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajshenoy View Post
Looks nice. Does Skoda have similar offer like VW where they have 0% EMI stuff ?
As far as I know, there is no 0% EMI. Will ask the sales guy tomorrow.
Old 9th July 2013, 06:40   #1110
BHPian

Just FYI - I got a 11.5L approx OTR Price for the top end Highline Vento.(first year insurance free, ext warranty and reduced price of navigation system) If you're looking to pick between Skoda and VW, please check this out too. This quote is from Elite VW, Hosur road. (Next to Kropex Chevy)

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks