Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th October 2013, 02:27   #1216
BHPian

Re: Skoda Rapid : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by santoshr View Post
I think this is missing the Skoda assure bit, the zero dep of allianz they call it Skoda Assure. That will add around 3K to the total but should be worth it.

-Santosh
Yes, looks like its not added. Tomorrow or next week will be visiting Skoda and I will check with them.

I had taken Skoda Shield and I believe its still valid. However after talking to them, I will be able to confirm on anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by torque18 View Post
Hi! I need help regarding the change of headlights to projectors of fabia (monte carlo)

I was wondering if we could go for fabia scout's headlight wiring harness alongwith the Scout's projector headlights as Scout had projectors. In that case the monte carlo lights would become a plug n play affair without requiring splicing of wires or adding any additional circuitry.

Now, the question is, is there a separate wiring harness for the headlights of fabia scout and rapid that can be changed from one another. And whether that can be ordered from Skoda separately or is it the complete wiring for the entire car? My dealer is least interested in providing me any information on this issue! Would anyone be having any idea of this? If possible please check with your dealer about this option and the cost?

Regards
Yes, the Monte Carlo should fit Rapid apart from Fog's, as it need extra wiring for DRL. Porting Sout's headlight will depend on your dealer. I was trying to import from SuperSkoda.com, however at that time $ price was much higher and got a quote of ₹62k. Since ₹ stands better against $ now, I need to check once again.

Mi10 has got Monte Carlo installed, he should be able to answer better on it. To check how has he done, thinking of doing a Chennai trip

His thread,
My Modded Skoda Rapid: 148 BHP / 330 Nm / 111 Whp per Tonne / 9.1 sec to 100
Old 5th October 2013, 11:23   #1217
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by torque18 View Post
Hi! I need help regarding the change of headlights to projectors of fabia (monte carlo)

Now, the question is, is there a separate wiring harness for the headlights of fabia scout and rapid that can be changed from one another. And whether that can be ordered from Skoda separately or is it the complete wiring for the entire car? My dealer is least interested in providing me any information on this issue! Would anyone be having any idea of this? If possible please check with your dealer about this option and the cost?

Regards
My friend in Baroda got this done from the dealer and they dealer will support the warranty. Nothing voids, he claimed the scouts lights were a plug n play fit. Did not have to cut any wires. The dealer ordered the lights and got them imported, they charged him around 30-35k. Note this was only the headlights the fog light kit was left as is. Go back a few pages I had posted pics of his rapid.
Old 5th October 2013, 11:44   #1218
BHPian

Quote:
My friend in Baroda got this done from the dealer and they dealer will support the warranty. Nothing voids, he claimed the scouts lights were a plug n play fit. Did not have to cut any wires. The dealer ordered the lights and got them imported, they charged him around 30-35k. Note this was only the headlights the fog light kit was left as is. Go back a few pages I had posted pics of his rapid.
Thanks Santosh. Yes I do remember your post where u had posted the pictures of your friend's car. That and Mi10's car in fact got me tempted to take the plunge.

The fitting of projector headlamps would necessarily require some modification because of the h7 bulb which is a single point bulb and has to be made to work for both high beam and low beam. And as the warranty in case of skoda seems to be dealer specific we cannot take chance with it. Your friend was lucky

It was for this reason that I have been contemplating swapping to the headlight wiring harness of fabia if its available separately from skoda and can be installed in rapid.
torque18 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th October 2013, 15:49   #1219
Senior - BHPian

Does anyone know if the Polo TSI head unit can be fitted in the Rapid? The reason I ask is because the one in the Polo has a USB port - among other additional features - while the Rapid's does not. I considered an after market setup, but they would spoil the looks. Also checked the prices of OEM lookalikes, but they are overpriced and don't sound too good either, apparently.
Old 7th October 2013, 19:05   #1220
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeluM View Post
Does anyone know if the Polo TSI head unit can be fitted in the Rapid? The reason I ask is because the one in the Polo has a USB port - among other additional features - while the Rapid's does not. I considered an after market setup, but they would spoil the looks. Also checked the prices of OEM lookalikes, but they are overpriced and don't sound too good either, apparently.
No, it does not fit. Even I had assumed by looking at it. However the Sales person at VW mentioned it cannot be, as the dimensions are slightly different.

Quote:
I think this is missing the Skoda assure bit, the zero dep of allianz they call it Skoda Assure. That will add around 3K to the total but should be worth it.
-Santosh
Yes, it did not include Zero dep.

Quote from VW,
Comprehensive Insurance:- 17930/-
Insurance with Zero Dep. Exp.:- 8098/-
======================================
Total Premium With DA- Eco 26028/-

Last edited by 500ContyCruiser : 7th October 2013 at 19:10.
500ContyCruiser is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th October 2013, 14:09   #1221
BHPian

Quote:
Actually the aftermarket HU's don't necessarily spoil the look. Skoda itself sells a place holder of sorts which makes the HU fit correct.

See - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/attach...-wp_000318.jpg

I got this done from the Skoda accessories shop itself.
santoshr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th October 2013, 11:32   #1222

Came across new Skoda Rapid pricelist (apparently for the Model Year 2014 - MY2014) car. The variants seem to have been reduced, while AT is available on Ambition trim, too.

A sneak preview:

Moderator's note: Please note that it is imperative that you upload photos directly onto teamBHP and not from external hosting sites.

Skoda Rapid : Test Drive & Review-wp_20131013_11_15_36_smart.jpg

Last edited by Vid6639 : 13th October 2013 at 11:54.
Old 13th October 2013, 12:44   #1223

Quote:
There are after market HU available which are as good as stock. Check out Blaupunkt's philadelphia HU. I have installed the same in my Rapid and it performs and looks top notch.
Bohemian Spirit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th October 2013, 13:17   #1224
BHPian

Got a call from the SA, Rapid with new features will be launching with projector headlamps, steering mounted controls, bluetooth system... and the mid variant gets dual airbags. On road elegance Bangalore is 12 lakhs
vyasachetan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th October 2013, 14:17   #1225
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vyasachetan View Post
Got a call from the SA, Rapid with new features will be launching with projector headlamps, steering mounted controls, bluetooth system... and the mid variant gets dual airbags. On road elegance Bangalore is 12 lakhs
Projector headlamps?? That's interesting and surprising considering the Vento doesn't come with it
Old 13th October 2013, 16:43   #1226
BHPian

Fabia scout headlamps are a almost direct fit.

So not as surprising :-)
Old 13th October 2013, 17:57   #1227

Got the price list for MY 2014 rapid elegance from Vinayak skoda today.
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda Rapid : Test Drive & Review-rsz_r3bkt88h32fbtkab786ht9te.jpg  

Barron is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th October 2013, 18:02   #1228
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the info. I assume this is for the elegance diesel. Is this new version already out? I visited couple of weeks back and they did not mention about new version. Any idea about the price of the elegance AT on road bangalore
Old 13th October 2013, 18:59   #1229
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post

Thanks for the info. I assume this is for the elegance diesel. Is this new version already out? I visited couple of weeks back and they did not mention about new version. Any idea about the price of the elegance AT on road bangalore
The display vehicle is expected soon, AT elegance should be also 12 lakhs... if the old pricing is carried on.
I would suggest you to consider the vento tsi instead for better engine and gearbox
Old 13th October 2013, 19:54   #1230
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

The display vehicle is expected soon, AT elegance should be also 12 lakhs... if the old pricing is carried on.
I would suggest you to consider the vento tsi instead for better engine and gearbox
Thank you. I am considering the vento tsi. I have booked the polo tsi. I drive a sedan currently and want to move to a good hatch considering my usage and practicality. But part of me still wants a sedan. Hence the dilemma

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks