Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th December 2013, 20:26   #1306
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by B747 View Post
Is the front similar to new octavia? I don't see any changes in the front nor back compared to old model.

Yes the newer Rapids all have the new Skoda family look and the new Black and Silver logo too.
The car looks more modern and updated now.
I ve seen quite a few recently registered ones on the road on my daily commute and weekend loafing.
Old 26th December 2013, 20:41   #1307
Senior - BHPian

Re: Skoda Rapid : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by B747 View Post
Is the front similar to new octavia? I don't see any changes in the front nor back compared to old model.
This is just another of those usual 'limited edition' gimmick to push the sales and probably clear the stock.

I was referring to the Rapid facelift that is scheduled to arrive in 2014, which is already unveiled in Europe.

Skoda Rapid : Test Drive & Review-skoda_rapid_2013_19_1280x800.jpg

Skoda Rapid : Test Drive & Review-skodarapid04.jpg

Source: Google images

Last edited by zenren : 26th December 2013 at 20:43.
zenren is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th December 2013, 21:47   #1308
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenren View Post

This is just another of those usual 'limited edition' gimmick to push the sales and probably clear the stock.

I was referring to the Rapid facelift that is scheduled to arrive in 2014, which is already unveiled in Europe.

Source: Google images
Boss thats the European rapid that has been on sale for 2 years now. We will not get that car in india as it's a notchback like the octavia and expensive to produce. We may get a similar face on the indian rapid laster in 2014 though.
Old 26th December 2013, 22:10   #1309
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nik_kapur View Post
Boss thats the European rapid that has been on sale for 2 years now. We will not get that car in india as it's a notchback like the octavia and expensive to produce. We may get a similar face on the indian rapid laster in 2014 though.
Yes, I sat in one in MAY 2013. I am not sure if this will be launched in India, as it very closely resembles the Octavia.

I am not sure if the Rapid is in for a replacement yet, otherwise it will kill the Vento which is due for a replacement only in 2015 ?
Old 26th December 2013, 22:20   #1310
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by F150 View Post

Yes, I sat in one in MAY 2013. I am not sure if this will be launched in India, as it very closely resembles the Octavia.

I am not sure if the Rapid is in for a replacement yet, otherwise it will kill the Vento which is due for a replacement only in 2015 ?
The rapid and vento (current model) will receive a facelift in 2014. This has been confirmed by both companies. The all new cars will come in by 2015/16. The rapid will certainly get the new skoda family face.
nik_kapur is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th December 2013, 09:47   #1311
Senior - BHPian

I have booked a Rapid Silver Active Plus variant at Vinayak Skoda and eagerly waiting for taking delivery in first week of January.
Old 27th December 2013, 10:13   #1312
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deehunk View Post
I have booked a Rapid Silver Active Plus variant at Vinayak Skoda and eagerly waiting for taking delivery in first week of January.
Hey congrats on your purchase. May I know why are you going for 2013 model, when there is MY14 model available now? Can you share the deal you got on with your Rapid?

Last edited by Pferdestarke : 27th December 2013 at 10:17.
Old 27th December 2013, 10:52   #1313
Senior - BHPian

The deal includes free insurance, corporate discount, free accessories including RPS and Art leather seat covers and 0% interest on 6lakh loan amount for 3 years. I was OK with MY13 model and only reason for choosing Rapid over Fabia which was my initial choice was because of similar cash discounts and 0% interest offer. We booked 1 Fabia Elegance and 2 Rapid one Active Plus and one Ambition plus variant so we could bargain for similar discounts on all vehicles

Last edited by deehunk : 27th December 2013 at 10:57. Reason: typo
Old 27th December 2013, 11:28   #1314
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deehunk View Post
The deal includes free insurance, corporate discount, free accessories including RPS and Art leather seat covers and 0% interest on 6lakh loan amount for 3 years. I was OK with MY13 model and only reason for choosing Rapid over Fabia which was my initial choice was because of similar cash discounts and 0% interest offer. We booked 1 Fabia Elegance and 2 Rapid one Active Plus and one Ambition plus variant so we could bargain for similar discounts on all vehicles
Fantastic offer.

Is it a TDi ?

Was this a group purchase ?

You are so lucky to have like minded people around you, in other words auto enthusiasts who are aware of the risks with skoda and still went ahead with the deal.

Did you opt for skoda shield ?
Old 27th December 2013, 20:35   #1315
Senior - BHPian

Yes it is a TDI, I have taken views of my friends at Office on Rapid and already my cousin is owning a Fabia from past 2 years without any issues so it was a collective decision in the group. I have been pushing for Skoda shield but dealer is saying it is not required but before making final payment I will get it included in the invoice, the decision we made on group purchase was because of Mr.Hemanth Kumar GM-sales of Vinayak Skoda.
deehunk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th December 2013, 13:43   #1316
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by santoshr View Post
Pics from the underbelly of 2013 Ambition
Pardon my ignorance,does rapid come with a factory fitted sump gaurd?
Thanks in advance!
Old 29th December 2013, 22:30   #1317
BHPian

my SA informed me about the imminent price hike in Jan. It could be about 30k. He promises current price if I book now. But he is offering free insurance only on Ambition+ MY2014 model. nothing else.

I am interested in MY 14 Elegance. Its 9.95 ex showroom chennai as of now. After price hike if it goes above 10 lac ex show room, I can simply bid goodbye to Rapid.
Old 29th December 2013, 22:35   #1318
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pferdestarke View Post
I'm getting 1L+ savings on finance, free insurance, free extended warranty and some freebies for MY14 rapid elegance.
Quote:
Yep, I booked the MY14 Rapid elegance silver colour.
Quote:
Guys, visited the showroom today and changed the color to white, as they have only one silver rapid in stock which is Aug manufactured. So, I chose a white one which is from Nov batch. Did a detailed PDI (Team BHP PDI checklist rocks).
Booking details: Skoda Rapid MY14 Elegance, Candy white.
On road price: 11,38,714.
Deals availed: Free insurance worth: 42,000
Free Extended warranty:11,775
Freebies: Sill gaurds, mats and mud flaps. (Still negotiating to add somemore)
Congrats on your new ride. May you crunch many more miles with your new possession.

On the deal part, can you elaborate how you got 1L+ discount on MY14 model apart from the Free Insurance and ext. warranty (assuming both of them are covered under Skoda Shield).
Old 30th December 2013, 09:27   #1319
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by achopraa View Post
On the deal part, can you elaborate how you got 1L+ discount on MY14.
Hey thanks. Regarding the deal, my math is a bit poor, so Dad did the entire calculation part and concluded that we've saved around 50k on finance, another 53k on warranty and insurance. Seems like the 1L+ savings is a sum up of all these. Still I consider it a good deal as it has been availed on MY14 model.

Last edited by Pferdestarke : 30th December 2013 at 09:32.
Old 31st December 2013, 14:57   #1320

[COLOR=black]Hi.. I have a Skoda Rapid 1.6 TDI Elegance. Recently I happened to go to the service center for a causal checkup as I was scheduled for a long trip from Bangalore to Hyderabad. The guys at the service center mentioned about a software update which resolved some issue related to excess noise in some Rapid models. I tried to understand in detail what was it about and the guy explained that it has something to do with the fuel injection system.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=black]This update was performed on my vehicle although I really didn’t find much of a difference in noise levels. [/COLOR]

[COLOR=black]Has anyone got any idea about the same? [/COLOR]

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks