Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 2nd January 2014, 10:27   #1336

Re: Skoda Rapid : Test Drive & Review

My Rapid Elegance TDI went for its First Free Checkup (7500KMs) yesterday. Bill amount Rs.0. SA informed that if oil topup is required then I ll be charged for it. But that wasn't necessary.

Only one extra thing I got checked was Front suspension & Braking - seemed a little bit shaky when going through bumps. Got all the fixtures torque tightned.

Overall I am highly satisfied with the performance of my car. Returning very good mileage on highway (~20KMPL) with full load. City driving around (~14-15KMPL) with mixed speeds.
Old 2nd January 2014, 10:49   #1337
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolboy007 View Post
Since the standard warranty is about to end and he didnt opt for extended warranty, i suggested him to get it checked as out of warranty it would be a costly affair.
I second you on your suggestion to your pal. Ask him to get it checked from the dealer. If everything is fine, well and good. what if it turns out to be a major issue with fuel pump and needs to be replaced? Spending some time now will be easy on his pocket later!
Pferdestarke is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 5th January 2014, 09:21   #1338
Senior - BHPian

I have taken delivery of my Rapid (Active+) from Vinayak Skoda, will be posting the details of my buying experience shortly.
Old 5th January 2014, 19:51   #1339
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pferdestarke View Post
Pardon my ignorance,does rapid come with a factory fitted sump gaurd?
Thanks in advance!
Yes. However it is made from a semisoft material. In our case its just a covering hardly any guard..

This is the sump guard --

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/attach...-wp_001280.jpg
Old 5th January 2014, 20:10   #1340
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by santoshr View Post

Yes. However it is made from a semisoft material. In our case its just a covering
Thanks for the info. Is there a proper metal or ABS made sump guard available with dealers? Or any other option to protect the under surface?
Old 6th January 2014, 00:22   #1341
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the info. Is there a proper metal or ABS made sump guard available with dealers? Or any other option to protect the under surface?
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post3230950

this might be of some help to you. Let us know if you go ahead with this.
Old 6th January 2014, 09:31   #1342
BHPian

Yesterday, while I was parking my Rapid in a tight spot at lifestyle,the back bumper just touched another rapid parked behind me. Thanks to the rubbery plastic, it surely is way better than my swift's bumper which usually gives up even with a little impact. To my luck, there's not even a single minute scratch on the bumper and I'm already loving my rapid!
Old 6th January 2014, 10:10   #1343
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deehunk View Post
I have taken delivery of my Rapid (Active+) from Vinayak Skoda, will be posting the details of my buying experience shortly.
Congratulations on your new ride and welcome to the "Club Rapid"!!! Looking forward to your thread.

Quote:
Yesterday, while I was parking my Rapid in a tight spot at lifestyle,the back bumper just touched another rapid parked behind me. Thanks to the rubbery plastic, it surely is way better than my swift's bumper which usually gives up even with a little impact. To my luck, there's not even a single minute scratch on the bumper and I'm already loving my rapid!
Do you have Reverse Parking Sensors/Camera installed?
If not, I suggest you to go for one.
Believe me, I am more comfortable parking my Rapid as against my i10; all Thanks to both these gadgets.
I have to jostle daily during parking of my car as the space in front of my house is around 7metres with a scooter parked on one side and a car at other end. Also, road width is not more than 2-2.5metres and thus the sensors are a savior.

IMHO its better to have 5 black spots on rear of car (read sensors/Camera) than a scratched black rear.
achopraa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th January 2014, 10:50   #1344

I am looking to get a Rear Camera installed for my car. Can rapid owners suggest me a good ICE system with integrated camera? Also how do I get it installed without losing warranty ? Skoda people as such shy away from providing any accessories list even after repeated requests. :(
Old 6th January 2014, 11:37   #1345
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpsantu View Post
I am looking to get a Rear Camera installed for my car. Can rapid owners suggest me a good ICE system with integrated camera? Also how do I get it installed without losing warranty ? Skoda people as such shy away from providing any accessories list even after repeated requests. :(
From what we have seen and heard, be wary about doing any aftermarket install. They look for a lame reason to void your warranty.
I am usually not in favour of getting accessories from the Dealers but would still suggest you to check for the installation of Reverse Parking Sensors which comes as an official Skoda accessory.
As for the Camera, although they installed and provided one with their Leisure edition, I doubt they would do an after-market install of the same. Still no harm in inquiring from the Dealer/Service Centre.
Also, if you know someone there you can talk them in getting the "installation only" done with procurement done from outside (little chance but little hope as well).

Click on the link below for official Accessory list -
Skoda Accessories

Last edited by achopraa : 6th January 2014 at 11:39. Reason: Added link for Skoda Accessories
Old 6th January 2014, 11:38   #1346
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by achopraa View Post
Do you have Reverse Parking Sensors/Camera installed?
Thanks for the suggestion. I have already bought the parking sensors from my dealer, but they are yet to be installed as the technician who does this job is on leave. And meanwhile this happened. Thank God it didn't scratch, not even a micro one, as it just touched the plastic bumper of another Rapid. I shall get them installed ASAP now!

Last edited by Pferdestarke : 6th January 2014 at 11:40.
Old 6th January 2014, 19:53   #1347
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the suggestion. I have already bought the parking sensors from my dealer, but they are yet to be installed as the technician who does this job is on leave. And meanwhile this happened. Thank God it didn't scratch, not even a micro one, as it just touched the plastic bumper of another Rapid. I shall get them installed ASAP now!
I would be taking the delivery of my Rapid in next few days. What did this cost you from Skoda Dealership. When I enquired the dealer told he has the entire set of parking sensors, camera and GPS for 22k. He does not have without GPS neither he is aware of the cost.
Old 6th January 2014, 20:05   #1348
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by caabhishek View Post
I would be taking the delivery of my Rapid in next few days. What did this cost you from Skoda Dealership. When I enquired the dealer told he has the entire set of parking sensors, camera and GPS for 22k. He does not have without GPS neither he is aware of the cost.
Can you enquire the model of GPS (wired/wireless) and also whther camera will be fitted on bumper or above Licence plate?

The model of GPS that came with my Rapid retails at around 16K.
Add 3-4K for Camera and same for RPS. Thus overall cost comes at 22-23K exckuding installation.
The GPS, though mainly serves the purpose of Camera display but is also quite useful as it helps preserving your phone battery.
Obviously the overall cost is steep as compared to after-market install but with Skoda, thats how things are.

And Welcome to the Club!!!
Old 6th January 2014, 22:41   #1349
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by caabhishek View Post
I would be taking the delivery of my Rapid in next few days. What did this cost you from Skoda Dealership.
Reverse parking sensors are for 3979 INR. They are Autocop made sensors being marketed under Skoda branding with a higher price, yet it is better to get them installed from the dealer to prevent warranty niggles.And coming to parking camera, my dealer quoted a price of 20k. IMHO sensors alone can suffice the purpose.
Pferdestarke is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 8th January 2014, 09:55   #1350
BHPian

I'm looking for my first car and have narrowed down my options to primarily due to build quality.

# 1 Vento TSI
# 2 Skoda Rapid

Vento TSI as of starting December 2013 has a waiting period of 3 months in Bangalore

Q#1
My friends have advised me to stay away from Skoda due to high maintenance cost. How true is this? Is the TCO for Skoda Rapid compared to VW/Hyundai?

As per quote received from the dealer the difference between Elegance AT and Ambition AT is ~72K. Ambition doesn't have climate control, Project lights, Alloy wheels & Chrome finish on steering wheel. 1st two are essential for me and i'm planning to replace the default wheels.

Q#2
Can I get replace the manual cooling system with Climate control system?

Appreciate your response to help me decide.

Cheers

Most Viewed