Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th February 2014, 13:41   #1456
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrman View Post
A Full tail lamp unit costs in the region of 1.7k for RH and 2.4k for LH I suggest, it's better to go for a dealer replacement for plastic parts like the headlamp and tail lamp. I have seen how after market pieces tend to fade and look bad two or three years later.Not worth it IMHO
Thanks, I just got the Rear right tail lamp assembly replaced at vinayak KR puram. They charged me Rs. 1796 including Rs.100 for labour.
It was just a 5 minute job.

Thanks for all the responses I got in tbhp in such a short while.
Old 11th February 2014, 14:29   #1457
BHPian

Re: Skoda Rapid : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pferdestarke View Post
Yes, it is possible to procure the cover, don't know the exact price though. It should be around 500 bucks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by motorworks View Post
Thanks, do you know from where? I was told by vinyak skoda that the whole assembly needs to be replaced.
Quote:
Thanks, I just got the Rear right tail lamp assembly replaced at vinayak KR puram. They charged me Rs. 1796 including Rs.100 for labour.

Hi motoworks, as Pferdestarke it is possible to procure the cover alone. Since you have already replaced the complete assembly now, the below information can be used for future reference.

There are Skoda authorized spare parts shops available in Mumbai and they sell the spares and also generate bills using your VIN. But the dealers never entertain changing the cover alone and always insist on changing the complete assembly. The worst scenario is that the dealer might even tell that the assemblies are sold in pairs and we need to change both .

Below are few links which will point towards the spare parts shop. These are in Mumbai. I am still searching for one in Chennai. If there is someone in Mumbai, you can ask him to procure and courier it to you.
  1. The covers alone can be procured :
  2. These are the spare parts dealers :

Last edited by narsi_6989 : 11th February 2014 at 14:32.
Old 11th February 2014, 16:14   #1458
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dspeter View Post
Hi Abhishek,

I'm curious to know how the internal wiring has been done upto the RVM. I'm planning to have one installed as well in my Rapid.

Please post some pictures if possible.

Thanks
Peter
The wiring moves from back to the front from the side of the rear seat and is then tucked under the door cladding upto A-Pillar.
It is then tucked under A-Pillar and taken all the way to roof and till the IRVM.

Quote:

I hope you would have retained the Inner assembly of your existing light. Also, do you have any rear view helpers (Sensor/Camera) installed?
Old 11th February 2014, 19:08   #1459
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by achopraa View Post
The wiring moves from back to the front from the side of the rear seat and is then tucked under the door cladding upto A-Pillar.
It is then tucked under A-Pillar and taken all the way to roof and till the?

Thanks for responding. The dealer in Bangalore is proposing Green Hiwe HU unit for 50k inclusive of rear view camera and body colored sensors.

Additional ₹45k for Stanley leather seats includes seats and door.

Are these a good deal?

Cheers
Old 11th February 2014, 19:34   #1460
BHPian

Re: Skoda Rapid : Test Drive & Revi

Quote:
Thanks for responding. The dealer in Bangalore is proposing Green Hiwe HU unit for 50k inclusive of rear view camera and body colored sensors.

Are these a good deal?

Cheers
Frankly, it's your money and you know the best worth of it.
You need to decide the must have features you would like to have and the comfort (or WoW factor) you will be getting from the same.

PS - I would have rather bought a 55inch LED with a good Home Theatre for the same amount and fulfil my other aspiration from things-to-do-when-I-have-some-extra-bucks list. But then, that's me and my preferences.

Last edited by achopraa : 11th February 2014 at 19:35.
Old 14th February 2014, 16:32   #1461
BHPian

Re: Skoda Rapid : Test Drive & Revi

Quote:
Originally Posted by achopraa View Post
Frankly, it's your money and you know the best worth of it.
You need to decide the must have features you would like to have and the comfort (or WoW factor) you will be getting from the same.

PS - I would have rather bought a 55inch LED with a good Home Theatre for the same amount and fulfil my other aspiration from things-to-do-when-I-have-some-extra-bucks list. But then, that's me and my preferences.
Well that was quite an wake up call ;-) Thanks Mate. Makes lotta sense.

Cheers
Old 14th February 2014, 19:34   #1462
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Are these a good deal?

Cheers
If you have to pay for this, do NOT take it please. Stanley has enough negative ratings in the forum off late and I would rather spend on a good branded HU than the green hiwe model. Even then, I would pay lesser than quoted.
Old 14th February 2014, 21:22   #1463
BHPian

Well the problem with getting a HU installed from outside is losing the warranty from skoda. No matter how much we argue about this inspite of the wiring not being tampered, this doesn't go we'll with Skoda. They don't budge and customers eventually have no option but to give up or fight a losing battle.

Anyway I want to know the user experience with Leatherite seats sold by the dealer. For less than 10k is the art leather a good option or please suggest any good alternatives.

Thanks
Old 15th February 2014, 11:45   #1464
BHPian

dspeter> what I feel is, buy the HU which you like & get it fixed by skoda & obtain the bill. This they will do, I had checked in TAFE. Then you can get the wiring/fitting etc re-checked outside by an expert. In this way you won't have any warranty issues.

About seat covers, instead spending 40-50k you can opt for covers in good shades/designs around 8-10k. Later if you feel the color/design boring, you can go for one more new set may be after 3-4yrs, so that you will have fresh interiors feel. This is what I 've done to my Rapid.
Old 16th February 2014, 09:14   #1465
BHPian

Has anyone checked these DRL's for Rapid? Looks nice!

Site: http://www.mxsmotosport.com/

Their site: http://www.fcunit.com (which appears to be down now)

Source: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...levant_count=1

FB Page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/FC-UNIT/429636365322
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda Rapid : Test Drive & Review-1275164_10153281929250323_1727811353_o.jpg  

Last edited by 500ContyCruiser : 16th February 2014 at 09:36. Reason: Realized these are two separate brands
Old 16th February 2014, 17:45   #1466
BHPian

Quote:
Well the problem with getting a HU installed from outside is losing the warranty from skoda. No matter how much we argue about this inspite of the wiring not being tampered, this doesn't go we'll with Skoda. They don't budge and customers eventually have no option but to give up or fight a losing battle.

Anyway I want to know the user experience with Leatherite seats sold by the dealer. For less than 10k is the art leather a good option or please suggest any good alternatives.

Thanks
Dealer prices for accesories is always on a higher side by atleast 20-30%.
Try finding an accessory shop outside to get best VFM leatherette seat covers.
You can also try converting seat into bucket style seat by removing orginal cloth and getting the seats stitched in leatherette(and they do feel good).
The downside with Leatherette is their ability to be too hot or too cold in extreme weathers but on the other hand its too easy to clean them (specially since we have beige) as compared to the Cloth based covers.

PS:- for around 42k more, i got Skoda Antares alloys, reverse camera, garmin Nuvi GPS navigator with Reverse display, parking sensors and Art Leather Covers under the Leisure Model.
Keeping above in mind, 10K seems to be on a bit higher side.
Old 16th February 2014, 20:02   #1467
BHPian

I have one broken tail lamp minding that only the plastic has broken and the lights work perfectly fine?

Will I have to fully replace the lamp???
Old 17th February 2014, 11:50   #1468
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manas27587 View Post
I have one broken tail lamp minding that only the plastic has broken and the lights work perfectly fine?

Will I have to fully replace the lamp???
Hi Manas,

The detailed explanation for your question is just a few posts above (1457). A few links are also there to clarify your question. Please feel free to go through them and also please try to avoid redundancy in the thread.
narsi_6989 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th February 2014, 00:36   #1469
BHPian

Hello

Recently I had ordered the projector headlamps for my car. The new headlights, as found on the MY14 model, shares the same connector with the older units with no change whatsoever in the combination switch too.

However, to our surprise when it was installed in place of the old units, the low beam(projector) would go off every time high beam was flashed or the switch pushed back (constant high beam) when ideally on high beam the low beam should also stay on. The workshop guys apparently scanned the wiring diagram of the two cars as well but could not find any difference. This is baffling indeed.

Would anyone have any idea about this?
Old 20th February 2014, 08:44   #1470
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by torque18 View Post
Hello

Recently I had ordered the projector headlamps for my car. The new headlights, as found on the MY14 model, shares the same connector with the older units with no change whatsoever in the combination switch too.

However, to our surprise when it was installed in place of the old units, the low beam(projector) would go off every time high beam was flashed or the switch pushed back (constant high beam) when ideally on high beam the low beam should also stay on. The workshop guys apparently scanned the wiring diagram of the two cars as well but could not find any difference. This is baffling indeed.

Would anyone have any idea about this?
In a normal Headlight, only one beam works at time i.e. either you are at High Beam or at low beam.
Both High and Low beams are generated from the same bulb filament with only one of it glowing at a time.
What glows along with both the beams are the parking lights (small bulbs inside the Headlight Assembly).
I would expect the same behaviour in Projector lamps as well, so IMHO all is well.

On the other hand, what was the cost of the Projector lamps and any pics to share after your setup.

Finally - Congratulations!!!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks