Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 11th April 2012, 16:32   #556
BHPian

Re: Skoda Rapid : Test Drive & Review

And some more pictures of my ride here. I hope you guys enjoy. Would love any feedback or questions.
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda Rapid : Test Drive & Review-img_0445.jpg  

Skoda Rapid : Test Drive & Review-img_0449.jpg  

Skoda Rapid : Test Drive & Review-img_0452.jpg  

Skoda Rapid : Test Drive & Review-img_0456.jpg  

Skoda Rapid : Test Drive & Review-img_0457.jpg  

Skoda Rapid : Test Drive & Review-img_0458.jpg  

Skoda Rapid : Test Drive & Review-img_0459.jpg  

adimodi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th April 2012, 18:08   #557
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adimodi View Post
And some more pictures of my ride here. I hope you guys enjoy. Would love any feedback or questions.
Woohooo!! Awesome ride you got there buddy, super pictures!! Am very interested in the Mudflaps! TAFE still has no accessories for the Rapid yet! Also, the rear view mirror looks different, is that part of your reverse parking system? Looks quite bright with the display off, good stuff!

Quote:
Originally Posted by raamki View Post
I have left my vehicle at the service center this morning for them to replace the RHS mirror and remove the scratch from the front bumper (exterior cosmetic damage from delivery day). Fingers crossed for a better service experience, am going to shoot an email to Skoda to share my experience thus far as well.
OK, some good news! I took delivery of my car this morning and was pleasantly surprised at the workmanship of the folks at the body shop! The scratches were gone and the mirror was replaced to perfection! The Workshop person I was talking to was very courteous as well and ensured he didn't take too long to hand over the car to me!, totally a contrast to the kind of service I got yesterday! Anyway, right now am a happy camper! 2 more items pending for them to replace on the inside, they have taken pictures and I now have to wait for Skoda to send them the parts. Hopefully, I'll get that sorted out within a week, will post an update when that happens!

Meanwhile, I drove straight to a 3M Car Care store from the Service Center to get my Rapid treated with the exterior paint protection! Also got window films installed, here's a teaser pic post installation/treatment! Will write a review of the service and post more WIP pictures on the appropriate thread and provide a link!
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda Rapid : Test Drive & Review-image1.jpg  

Last edited by raamki : 11th April 2012 at 18:34.
raamki is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th April 2012, 18:51   #558
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
.......drove straight to a 3M Car Care store from the Service Center to get my Rapid treated with the exterior paint protection! Also got window films installed,.......
Looks really really sexy and adorable buddy

I never knew red could look so good ! Need to talk to you once you get an overall feel of the car in few months. My hunt for a change has started in a very minimal way (reading stage), hope to complete the process post-July as thats the time I am lucky with my finances. Your alloys looks very similar to what I had on my fiesta !

Already got a very pleasant feel with Laura (thanks to my friend who left it with me for a month) and I have changed my inhibitions with the brand. So, my main (infact only two) considerations will be Skoda & Ford !
Old 11th April 2012, 19:45   #559
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
Looks really really sexy and adorable buddy

I never knew red could look so good ! Need to talk to you once you get an overall feel of the car in few months...
Thanks a lot buddy! The red looks hot no doubt but only as long as it's shine lasts, if it starts fading, wont be a great color to own anymore! That's why the paint protection and a sealant for now. Apparently, the 3M folks claim the shine will last for a year from the treatment today alone! Periodic waxing should help retain the look for long!

The performance of the car has been great so far though, apart from the lousy finish on the plastics I keep discovering each day, the car is a pleasure to drive! They had to cut cost somewhere, the Vento definitely is a better finished car than the Rapid! Best part is that the Fuel Indicator will not budge, 350KMs and the indicator hasn't dropped a bar yet! Getting about 14km in city with full ac, a long highway drive coming up, looking forward to that eagerly!

Yep, the Laura VRS is amazing, I took a TD of that, was blown away by the equipment's on it! You're right, the 15 inch Antares alloys on the Rapid Elegance is very similar to the Platis you had! Wait for the Duster and the EcoSport, I think their launches are around the corner, a compact SUV that seats 5 may be a more practical option than an actual sedan with all the parking trouble us Bangaloreans face these days (especially for you since you carry around a lot of equipment when travelling)! We were in a hurry to beat the price hike from the budget including the then proposed hike for diesel cars which never came through, hence the Rapid!

Last edited by raamki : 11th April 2012 at 19:48. Reason: Typo
Old 11th April 2012, 20:51   #560
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
...a compact SUV that seats 5 may be a more practical option than an actual sedan with all the parking trouble us Bangaloreans face these days (especially for you since you carry around a lot of equipment when travelling)! ....
I am actually waiting to see the ecosport in flesh. That looks like the perfect upgrade for me considering my shift in career. What you said very correct, most of my upcoming drives will be carrying atleast a 20 kg personal camera stuff if not more because I also have a seven member team now. So, if 4 of us going together, that would be more than a 50 kg equipments alone.

I really doubt if ecosport will have that kind of bootspace compared to a Laura. The boot space is going to be my highest priority when it comes to the next buy. Even the scorpio has poor boot space if 4 of us have to travel with our equipments.

Anyway, the wait will be worth, its definitely going to be a real practical toss between a sedan vs compact SUV.
Old 11th April 2012, 21:01   #561
BHPian

Quote:
Woohooo!! Awesome ride you got there buddy, super pictures!! Am very interested in the Mudflaps! TAFE still has no accessories for the Rapid yet! Also, the rear view mirror looks different, is that part of your reverse parking system? Looks quite bright with the display off, good stuff!
Thank you ! Yours too Yes, the RVM is a clip on as it is a part of the rear sensor package. The mudflaps are also 3rd party, something which they call 'box type'. It works. Im un happy with my floor mats, will change them in a couple of months I think. I am also seriously considering the 3M protection. Pls. let me know how much you paid for it. What happens during an accident/scratch - does it peel off / do we have to change everything again?
Old 12th April 2012, 10:00   #562
BHPian

Mod Note : Please use the EDIT or MULTI-QUOTE buttons instead of typing one post after another!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
I am actually waiting to see the ecosport in flesh. That looks like the perfect upgrade for me considering my shift in career.
Yeah, you'll definitely need a car in excess of 400+ L boot space, we'll also have to account for the music ear in you (sub woofers et all), your fiesta was a virtual jam pad!

You may get the boot space on the EcoSport by folding the rear bench but that may not serve your purpose very well, nevertheless agree with you, it makes sense to wait!

Quote:
Originally Posted by adimodi View Post
Pls. let me know how much you paid for it. What happens during an accident/scratch - does it peel off / do we have to change everything again?
So, 3M recommends every new car (< 6 months old) gets this treatment done. They give it a pressure wash first, then a foam bath, dry it up, buff it up with some paste that smoothens the surface and finally apply a sealant that retains the shine/high gloss for up to a year! They call this the 3M Paint Sealant treatment, MRP is 2995 but they offered this at a 10% discount since I was going in for the Window Films as well, including the CR70 for the front windshield.

Am guessing if a scratch occurs, the sealant in that area basically comes off, it's just an invisible coat. BTW, 3M had very good floor mats too but they quoted 5K for them, since I was already poorer from yesterday, I chose to get that done later. You might want to check them out!

Quote:
Will write a review of the service and post more WIP pictures on the appropriate thread and provide a link!
Here's the link to my review of the 3M Car Care Store in HSR Layout, Bangalore.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/bangal...ml#post2743836

Note to MODS: I couldn't find an EDIT button from my previous post (>15 mins since that post), hence a new reply, please feel free to Merge if appropriate, thank you!

Last edited by GTO : 14th May 2012 at 14:26. Reason: Please use the EDIT or MULTI-QUOTE buttons instead of typing one post after another!
raamki is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th April 2012, 16:24   #563
BHPian

Took the dive @raamki. I've just left my Rapid at 3M for the same Paint Protection Seal. I also have asked them to do a basic interior detail, as during the install of my ICE & other accessories, the workers left their marks behind all over the place. Will collect it this evening and hopefully all will be fine !
Old 12th April 2012, 21:54   #564

Am facing a peculiar issue with the Distance to Empty indicator on the MID. After topping up the tank, the DTE is projected as 320 kms, whilst the real time FE is approximately between 10.5~ 11 kmpl. I own a MPI elegance variant. Any fellow Rapid owners who face this issue? Thanks
Old 12th April 2012, 23:44   #565
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorworks View Post
Seat covers, again I had enquired for Ovion leather which is about 30k and the PU(ART leather} costs about 12k. I'm yet to enquire on G-sport and Autoform etc. Since you are from bangalore, let me know if you come across anything, we could push for a deal together.
I found this post about Karlsson near Indiranagar. I didn't do much of a research regarding the price. But, I liked the material they use and moreover their hospitality. Mr.Sajith is one of the best persons I have seen to deal with. He explained to me the differences between all various forms of artificial and genuine leather. Since my budget was limited I went for a compromised version, i.e. 30:70 combination of leather and PU. They use only imported Scandinavian leather and not regular thinner ones. They work on only one car per day. I need to drop my car on coming Wednesday to make her up. If you have not yet done your upholstery just make a visit to Karlsson.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/bangal...bangalore.html
Old 16th April 2012, 12:54   #566
Senior - BHPian

I have booked the Ambition diesel and expect delivery today / tomorrow. I require an urgent suggestion from you.
My dealer is quoting a Bajaj Allianz policy for Rs.35000/- odd with Zero Dep if taken along with delivery of the car. ICICI Lombard online is quoting Rs.24000 for a Zero Dep policy. The dealer is informing me that if taken from outside, other insurance companies usually cover a lesser amount for the parts, and when it comes to claim, I would have to pay up the difference for the parts replaced in the claim.
For Eg: Headlights would be priced as 8000 with Lombard and Rs.12000 with Bajaj Alliance (Skoda insurance)
He is ok if I take my own insurance from outside from the 2nd year onwards.
Also, Extended warranty is not available is insurance is taken from outside. Outside insurance means a saving of Rs.11000 for me, but insurance from Skoda would mean peace of mind. Is it worth it?
Old 16th April 2012, 15:46   #567
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrman View Post
I have booked the Ambition diesel and expect delivery today / tomorrow. I require an urgent suggestion from you.
My dealer is quoting a Bajaj Allianz policy for Rs.35000/- odd with Zero Dep if taken along with delivery of the car. ICICI Lombard online is quoting Rs.24000 for a Zero Dep policy. The dealer is informing me that if taken from outside, other insurance companies usually cover a lesser amount for the parts, and when it comes to claim, I would have to pay up the difference for the parts replaced in the claim.
For Eg: Headlights would be priced as 8000 with Lombard and Rs.12000 with Bajaj Alliance (Skoda insurance)
Also, Extended warranty is not available is insurance is taken from outside. Outside insurance means a saving of Rs.11000 for me, but insurance from Skoda would mean peace of mind. Is it worth it?
The warranty, normal or extended has no bearing on your having any insurance cover, what so ever, leave getting insurance from who ever you want. The dealer is trying to hoodwink you you. Please ring up Skoda and clear up the extended insurance, else refuse to take the vehicle without extended insurance.

If you hint that you will take the matter up with consumer forum, he may give in. If not, then you are better off not taking the car from him.
Old 16th April 2012, 16:32   #568
BHPian

Quote:
Skoda isn't even offering extended warranty for the RAPID yet, it just comes with the standard 2 year warranty as of now. The Skoda Shield (extended cover) can be bought within the first year of purchase, that's what I was told!

About the coverage for parts being dependent on particular insurance companies, that is just plain rubbish IMO! As long as it's a comprehensive bumper-bumper policy, any insurance company should honor your claim and pay for those parts in full.

The dealers have a tie up with a couple Insurance companies in house and the Finance guy probably is trying to push that to you in an attempt to make his commission!

Whoever you get it from, just make sure the IDV is the ex-showroom price of the vehicle!

Last edited by raamki : 16th April 2012 at 16:35.
Old 16th April 2012, 16:40   #569
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Skoda isn't even offering extended warranty for the RAPID yet, it just comes with the standard 2 year warranty as of now. The Skoda Shield (extended cover) can be bought within the first year of purchase, that's what I was told!
The dealers have a tie up with a couple Insurance companies in house and the Finance guy probably is trying to push that to you in an attempt to make his commission!
Thanks . Wanted to know, did you buy the insurance in house or from outside? From what I see on the web, they offer Skoda Shield:- which includes insurance, drive assure (bumper to bumper) and extended warranty as a package.The latest price list also has extended warranty of Rs.11000 odd on the Rapid. The total incremental cost only for Zero Dep policy of Skoda as against ICICI Lombard is Rs.22000/- Difference is too high to take it Inhouse
Old 16th April 2012, 18:13   #570
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks . Wanted to know, did you buy the insurance in house or from outside? From what I see on the web, they offer Skoda Shield:- which includes insurance, drive assure (bumper to bumper) and extended warranty as a package.The latest price list also has extended warranty of Rs.11000 odd on the Rapid. The total incremental cost only for Zero Dep policy of Skoda as against ICICI Lombard is Rs.22000/- Difference is too high to take it Inhouse
In-house, they offered us TATA AIG comprehensive with 0% dep for around 30k. My Dad was quite happy with the offer and wasn't too keen on shopping around.

Do not go by the information wrt Shield on the web (Skoda's website?) as it may not be applicable to the RAPID yet. Are you talking to Vinayak or TAFE? You might want to call the other dealer to check on the extended warranty availability for the Rapid and the insurance details to cross check. If you get an indifferent response, I would suggest you take the issue up with the Showroom Manager.

According to TAFE, they have no information on Extended Warranty on the Rapid, this is as latest as last week.

Most Viewed