Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd October 2012, 15:38   #736
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 500ContyCruiser
Discussed with Vinayaka Cars, Sadashivnagar; they cannot my booking from Petrol to Diesel.
Any ways? Else I will have to live with Petrol car
Did your dealer give you any specific reason for not converting your booking from petrol to diesel? There is no reason why they cant change your booking
Of what i know, Rapid isnt selling like hot cakes anymore and there are nil waiting periods here in Ncr. When you are spending 9 lakhs of your hard earned money, you shouldnt be at the mercy of your dealer. If it was a Swift i can understand (with long waitin periods), but am surprised in the case of Rapid.

If you want a diesel, put it across your dealer, no use buying a petrol now and regretting later once you drive the TDi. Any other dealer in your city, you can even send a mail to Skoda.
Old 3rd October 2012, 18:53   #737
BHPian

Re: Skoda Rapid : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by 500ContyCruiser View Post
Discussed with Vinayaka Cars, Sadashivnagar; they cannot my booking from Petrol to Diesel.

Any ways? Else I will have to live with Petrol car
you have every right to change your booking.
if dealer still denies, report it to Skoda directly.
check your PM.
Nicky is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2012, 19:03   #738
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicky View Post
you have every right to change your booking.
if dealer still denies, report it to Skoda directly.
check your PM.
Thanks Nicky! I will send them email.
Old 6th October 2012, 00:35   #739
BHPian

Hey guys,

I remember seeing a post from one BHPian complaining about his Rapid moving one side when the steering is left free. I thought it could be a silly alignment issue. Well, I just noticed recently that my car tends to go to the left side when the steering is left free. It is not much noticeable at low speeds, but very much as the speed increases - in fact it is very disturbing while taking curves at high speeds. I feel that it started after I did diagonal tire rotation + wheel balancing + alignment lately - but not very sure. I am done ~8.5K and the tires are not in a bad shape yet. Well, I went to Sai and did the wheel alignment again. It didn't help. I went there again couple of days ago and stood with the guy who does the alignment. He explained to me that all adjustable controls are properly aligned and all he can see is a camber alignment error. He said he cannot fix it as Rapid's camber is not adjustable and that I should go to a dealer and fix it. I am going to make a visit to Vinayaka. Has anyone else faced similar problem and fixed it lately? Any suggestion where/whom should I consult.
Old 6th October 2012, 10:18   #740
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajni View Post
Hey guys,

I remember seeing a post from one BHPian complaining about his Rapid moving one side when the steering is left free. Any suggestion where/whom should I consult.
I think I had posted on an earlier thread that my Steering is not aligned. It was like that when I took delivery, i.e. if the steering is straight, the car veers towards the left side. In order to keep it straight, I need to tilt the steering towards right.
I had taken it to Madhu's for a wheel alignment at around 1100 kms. They rectified it then. But when I drove to Ooty, the alignment got misaligned again, within 200 kms. I was thinking its because of the bad roads at Avinashi, and did not do anything about it.

I wanted to complete 5000 kms and then take it for a rotation and alignment. When I took it to Skoda for the 7500/ 6 months checkup at 4750 kms, I was told that it will cost some 1200 for alignment and balancing at the Skoda A.S.S. I said thanks, Ill get it done outside at half the cost.

I have read on another thread that with Skoda cars its not possible to do Camber adjustment. Only toe adjustment is possible, whatever that means. Why don't you take it to Vinayaka and ask about them it. Ill check with Madhu's again and see if my problem gets rectified and report here.

Another possible cause I thought was the tilt Steering adjustment. If the tyres are aligned when the steering is fully pushed in, the steering gets misaligned when you adjust and pull the steering closer to you while driving. Not sure if this is possible but I thought this has happened in my case so its just my theory.

Last edited by hrman : 6th October 2012 at 10:24.
Old 6th October 2012, 17:12   #741
BHPian

Oh, I think I read you only. Thanks for replying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrman View Post
I wanted to complete 5000 kms and then take it for a rotation and alignment. When I took it to Skoda for the 7500/ 6 months checkup at 4750 kms, I was told that it will cost some 1200 for alignment and balancing at the Skoda A.S.S. I said thanks, Ill get it done outside at half the cost.
That is more than double the charge outside.

Quote:
I have read on another thread that with Skoda cars its not possible to do Camber adjustment. Only toe adjustment is possible, whatever that means.
I searched a bit on it and it seems camber adjustment is for the angle at which the tires are mounted. Like from the 90 (vertical) to the left/right side. My theory is that the diagonal rotation might have caused the trouble in my case. If the grip towards the inner wall is worn more after diagonal rotation it becomes facing to the outer. So, the angle can be affected by this. That's just my version and not sure if that is correct. Anyways, I will take an appointment with Vinayaka and try my luck.
Old 11th October 2012, 14:49   #742

Booked a Skoda Rapid Elegance (TDI); delivery on 16 October! My first-ever Sedan after having owned and driven a Hyundai Santro Xing and Chevrolet Spark, both cars ran on petrol and exceeded expectations! Can't but wait to share more with all BHPians!
Jimbhp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th October 2012, 16:09   #743
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbhp View Post
Booked a Skoda Rapid Elegance (TDI); delivery on 16 October!
Can't but wait to share more with all BHPians!
Congrats!! Do share your experience/reviews

Mine getting on 17th. Dad asked not to get on Tuesday's
Old 16th October 2012, 11:54   #744

@500ContyCruiser, sure will share a RAPID update soon!

On a related note, hearty congratulations to you!
Old 18th October 2012, 09:00   #745
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicky
Thanks Nicky for all the help! Came home Rapid Elegance TDI yesterday evening.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbhp View Post
On a related note, hearty congratulations to you!
Thanks Jimbhp!

Dealer made it very slow and there was lots of confusion among themselves!
First they had got someone else 's booked car. Again they went back from Mekri Circle to TC Palya (near Garden City College) to get mine

Drove around city. Few observations,

Pros:
1. gives the right amount of power when needed
2. felt confident on decent corners

Cons:
1. People sitting rear could feel bumpy roads.
2. On slight press of clutch, could feel vibrations - did not feel this while TD
3. mileage was showing around 13 kmpl - I believe it will improve over time.
4. missing dead pedal

Since there is no USB, has anyone tried below option?
Wireless FM Transmitter Car Adapter Charger for iP-YXO
(Unable to copy Ebay listing here, seems its been removed from site)

Planning to drive down to my native (Dharwad) tomorrow morning. Considering car being new and not run much,
1. Is it advisable to do long drive?
2. Anything I need to take care off?

Last edited by 500ContyCruiser : 18th October 2012 at 09:10.
Old 18th October 2012, 09:10   #746

Conty Cruiser, congratulations once more! I've got a Black Rapid and it's one helluva machine! The drive has been extremely comfortable so far; of course, it's befriending me and hence I am going easy until such time it decides to settle down happily ever after! :-)

Rapid Diesel in black looks very imposing and stylish; a lot of folks in office complimented me, er, actually the car. Though, there is some stuff that needs to be prepped up in the car, in terms of seat covers (which one?) and a car cover, even though it is housed in a shade in my building.

I am planning to drive to Shirdi from Bombay soon and expect the car to do wonders to my happiness!

Happy driving to you; do write in

P.S.: miss the USB port, though. Skoda? Listening?
Old 18th October 2012, 09:48   #747
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Pros:
1. gives the right amount of power when needed
2. felt confident on decent corners

Cons:
1. People sitting rear could feel bumpy roads.
2. On slight press of clutch, could feel vibrations - did not feel this while TD
3. mileage was showing around 13 kmpl - I believe it will improve over time.
4. missing dead pedal

Considering car being new and not run much,
1. Is it advisable to do long drive?
2. Anything I need to take care off?
Congrats on your Rapid purchase. it is one of the best purchases in the 10L range. And Yes. it is one of the more powerful diesel sedans around. It takes some time to get used to it and control it. But you will enjoy it for sure.

Do get your air checked before you go on the long drive. Mine was factory filled at 45 as against the recommended 32. The ride felt slightly better after getting down the air to the recommended pressure.
Clutch Vibrations are present in my car and even in the Vento. Under normal driving conditions, we should not rest the foot on the clutch. So you will be fine.
Mileage varies depending on driving conditions. My bumper to bumper in Bangalore is yielding me 12km/L on my last fill, which usually fluctuates around 13/L. I've completed 5000 kms. My overall average since purchase, which also includes one long road trip is coming to 14.5 wherebouts. Which is okay.
You would get more mileage when you drive to Dharwad, which has the awesome NH4. On the long drive, try to keep your speed below 100 km/h since you have still not run in. After 1000-1500 kms, you can take it a bit easy.

Last edited by hrman : 18th October 2012 at 09:51.
hrman is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th October 2012, 19:33   #748
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrman View Post
Mine was factory filled at 45 as against the recommended 32. The ride felt slightly better after getting down the air to the recommended pressure.
yes, they had filled 45. Now I have set it to 32 and feels better.
Old 29th October 2012, 14:08   #749
BHPian

My car did around 2100 kms in a week and was planing to get engine oil changed.

While reading this article, people suggesting oil change for first 1000 - 2000 kms.

Today when I went to Skoda Service center (Okalipuram, Bangalore), they mentioned for Skoda cars we do not need to change oil. And the engine can run till 15,000 kms or 1 year (whichever is earlier) without any oil change.

Please can someone confirm whether I should go for oil change now or wait as per Skoda's suggestion.

Separately, I was trying to get horn changed as the current horn does not have good effect.
As per service engineer, the only horn which can fit is from Laura and still they cannot give warranty as it can go bad while washing (due to difference in front grill). Also Laura horn costs about 3,500 /-

I remember someone talking about horn change for Rapid.
Any pointers appreciated!

PS: Do not to make any major changes to car and void warranty.
Old 29th October 2012, 15:18   #750
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
My car did around 2100 kms in a week and was planing to get engine oil changed.

Please can someone confirm whether I should go for oil change now or wait as per Skoda's suggestion.

Separately, I was trying to get horn changed as the current horn does not have good effect.
Regarding Oil change, it is suggested to stick to the manufacturer's prescribed intervals. If they say its ok to change after 15000 kms, it should be okay.
I think in most of the other cars you see around you, they use Mineral oil instead of synthetic oil, which means it needs to be changed at sooner intervals.

Regarding horn, refer to BHPian Kryptonite's Rapid thread. He has mentioned about a horn change.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post2618356

It cost him some 650/- Not sure of warranty though. He mentions its plug and play, so should not affect the warranty.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks