Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th March 2013, 21:56   #916
BHPian

Re: Skoda Rapid : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarthakgupta View Post
Skoda Rapid Diesel is no longer being offered in top of the line Elegance trim.
Is this true? I visited Gurudev motors, Chennai and they showed me a silver TDi Elegance with Antares Alloys and 2 airbags. Was the SA trying to sell me a 2012 car saying 2013. I would have checked VIN though.

Last edited by hyper-VTEC : 9th March 2013 at 22:00. Reason: fixed typo
Old 10th March 2013, 11:54   #917
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyper-VTEC View Post
Is this true? I visited Gurudev motors, Chennai and they showed me a silver TDi Elegance with Antares Alloys and 2 airbags. Was the SA trying to sell me a 2012 car saying 2013. I would have checked VIN though.
Skoda rapid is being offered in the Elegance Trim. You don't need to worry.
DeKay is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th March 2013, 11:25   #918

Quote:
Is this true? I visited Gurudev motors, Chennai and they showed me a silver TDI Elegance with Antares Alloys and 2 airbags. Was the SA trying to sell me a 2012 car saying 2013. I would have checked VIN though.
I am going to be booking my Skoda Rapid Elegance this Sunday. Have been in constant touch with my sales representative from Autobahn Andheri West Bombay. He has categorically stated that the Elegance is very much available. So I guess it must be a rumour doing the rounds. Perhaps VW driven ;-)
aashishtrivedi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th March 2013, 14:32   #919
BHPian

I plan to book the Rapid Elegance TDi in Cappuccino Beige in April end, so can take delivery in early May. I remember reading somehere in Tbhp that a facelift or next model of Rapid is around the corner somewhere in 2014. I am unable to find that post/thread now. Even the SA (Gurudev Skoda, Tenyampet) mentioned that there will be no change to the current model till 2014.

Can someone confirm this? I can wait another 7 months of 2013, to take a facelift'ed one in 2014.

Last edited by hyper-VTEC : 12th March 2013 at 14:37. Reason: Clicked submit before typing entire post
Old 12th March 2013, 18:13   #920
BHPian

Quote:
Can someone confirm this? I can wait another 7 months of 2013, to take a facelift'ed one in 2014.
The new rapid is coming in second half of 2014 and its completely new car, it is also going to be more expensive, something like what Honda did to City in 2008. You can wait for that, it's going to be an excellent car probably the size of the old Octavia.

That apart the market is at it's 12 year low, reported in TOI today. You are the king if you are a car buyer for Skoda. In such conditions the facelift will come sooner than later. But IMHO you can wait for the new look to come but I would buy the older one at heavy discounts at that time, or just wait till mid 2014 and buy the all new one.
zulfi hansi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th March 2013, 18:18   #921
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zulfi hansi View Post
The new rapid is coming in second half of 2014 and its completely new car, it is also going to be more expensive, something like what Honda did to City in 2008. You can wait for that, it's going to be an excellent car probably the size of the old Octavia.

That apart the market is at it's 12 year low, reported in TOI today. You are the king if you are a car buyer for Skoda. In such conditions the facelift will come sooner than later. But IMHO you can wait for the new look to come but I would buy the older one at heavy discounts at that time, or just wait till mid 2014 and buy the all new one.
The Rapid currently running internationally is in the league closer to that of the Laura. Since the Vento and Rapid share most of the parts, I don't see them replacing the Indian Rapid with the foreign version. It may come to India as the new Octavia and get nicely plonked between the current Rapid and the Laura.
Old 12th March 2013, 18:51   #922
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by InfinteLoop View Post

The Rapid currently running internationally is in the league closer to that of the Laura. Since the Vento and Rapid share most of the parts, I don't see them replacing the Indian Rapid with the foreign version. It may come to India as the new Octavia and get nicely plonked between the current Rapid and the Laura.
Actually the new Octavia is going to be placed above the Laura. It is going to be bigger than the Laura. And the current Laura will be sold side by side below the new Octavia, just like what they did with the old Octavia. And new Rapid will not come soon to India for this very reason. Only when they will have milked every chance of earning from the Laura that they will launch the new Rapid which will be a little lower in price to the current Laura. The info is from a reliable source at Skoda. That is why I gave the analogy of what Honda did with the City in 2008.
Old 12th March 2013, 18:51   #923
Senior - BHPian

Skoda will start giving heavy discounts after March. Just an insider info, so you can delay your purchase till that time for Skoda products and get better deals in April/May.
dkaile is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th March 2013, 19:24   #924
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zulfi hansi View Post
You are the king if you are a car buyer for Skoda
SA at Gurudev Motors didn't make me feel like a king But they may once i return to their showroom with a cheque book.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkaile View Post
Skoda will start giving heavy discounts after March. Just an insider info, so you can delay your purchase till that time for Skoda products and get better deals in April/May.
I am going to book only in April. I do not wish to buy the car with a loan, so the longer i wait the better it will be for me.
Old 15th March 2013, 15:20   #925
BHPian

Quote:
They are giving discounts for the 2013 models right now. 70k discount or 0% interest for ~5 lakh loan, plus some goodies like parking camera.
Old 15th March 2013, 15:22   #926
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashw_r View Post
They are giving discounts for the 2013 models right now. 70k discount or 0% interest for ~5 lakh loan, plus some goodies like parking camera.
I meant even heavier discounts to the tune of around 1L+
Old 15th March 2013, 15:27   #927
BHPian

@dkaile - that is good to know. I think i will hold back on the booking.
Old 15th March 2013, 15:49   #928
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashw_r View Post
I am in the market for Rapid. I went and enquired and was told that there is only one offer which is the 8999 EMI for 48 months. I didnt know anything about 70k discount or 0% interest for ~5L loan. Is this valid in Chennai as well? I was flatly told there is no other offer apart from 8999 . Although, they offered me 1L offer on a 2012 model lying in their yard.

Quote:
I meant even heavier discounts to the tune of around 1L+
In Chennai, they are currently offering 1L discount for 2012 Rapid which is in their yard for sometime now. If what you are telling is true about huge discounts, can I wait for a month or two before going in for the purchase?
Old 15th March 2013, 15:57   #929
Senior - BHPian

Quick info needed please. My rapid TDI is at the service station today for the 1st free service. I had complained of a slight shudder on braking at high speeds. Was told by the service guy that the brake discs have some scouring marks and may need to be replaced at my cost. They quoted about 4800 for this. I have just done 9000kms so was surprised about this. Any feedback?

Secondly do just the oil and other consumables come up to rs.9000? This is my first skoda service and was surprised at such a high figure.
Old 15th March 2013, 16:16   #930
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narsi_6989 View Post
In Chennai, they are currently offering 1L discount for 2012 Rapid which is in their yard for sometime now. If what you are telling is true about huge discounts, can I wait for a month or two before going in for the purchase?
I was passed the insider info that 1L+ discounts on Rapid 2013 model would be available post March. Rest is up to you to speculate and make up your mind. All such info should be taken with a pinch of salt but as per prevailing market conditions it seems very plausible.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks