Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st March 2013, 15:13   #961
BHPian

Re: Skoda Rapid : Test Drive & Review

Got my car serviced today. Total bill including tax, 8550/-.

Regarding breaks, they mentioned both rear n front breaks are in good condition. Dust had got accumulated n have been cleaned. Nothing to be worried about.

Currently at 3M Car Care, HSR layout. Beautifying my babe n removing some of stains (scratches)
Old 22nd March 2013, 18:10   #962
BHPian

Hi

It may sound stupid but I am not able to take out the spare wheel from the spare wheel compartment!

I loosened the tool kit and took it out but beneath it is a round ring which is not coming off. I tried turning it anti-clockwise but it wont come off, it just kept on rotating. Probably there is a nut somewhere which needs to be held firm so that the big ring can come off. Thankfully, it was not because of a flat tyre but because I wanted to get the air pressure checked that i tried to take it out!

Please guide me with it..
Old 22nd March 2013, 20:13   #963
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by torque18 View Post
Hi

I tried turning it anti-clockwise but it wont come off, it just kept on rotating.

Please guide me with it..
These bolts are usually very very long. Keep at it.
Old 22nd March 2013, 21:53   #964
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunsetorange View Post
These bolts are usually very very long. Keep at it.
Are you sure because turning it didnt feel like it was loosening or anything.
Old 23rd March 2013, 01:13   #965
BHPian

I am planning to install DRL on my Rapid. Looking for pointers. Has anyone done installed on Rapid? (sorry, incase if I have overlooked/missed any of the threads related)

On eBay.in, I see a lot of them. Varying from 7,000 - few hundred bucks. Certainly 7,000/- one would be good.. but felt expensive.

7,000/-
http://www.ebay.in/itm/100-Genuine-P...item2a29ff0985

250/-
http://www.ebay.in/itm/8-LED-Super-B...item20d01de4ff

Thanks in advance!
Old 23rd March 2013, 15:28   #966
BHPian

Need a suggestion from Rapid owners. My Rapid Diesel is 2 months old & was under the impression that final pricing I got was with extended warranty. Now I found it has only original std 2year warranty & not covered extended 2 year (total 4yr) warranty. Now the dealer agrees to offer extended warranty on payment of around 11k as it was mentioned at the time of purchase. My question is, is it worth to have extended warranty by paying 11k or 2 year std warranty will do? Though my usage of car is less, for peace of mind is it better to have?
Old 23rd March 2013, 15:59   #967
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALSUDA View Post
Need a suggestion from Rapid owners. My Rapid Diesel is 2 months old & was under the impression that final pricing I got was with extended warranty. Now I found it has only original std 2year warranty & not covered extended 2 year (total 4yr) warranty. Now the dealer agrees to offer extended warranty on payment of around 11k as it was mentioned at the time of purchase. My question is, is it worth to have extended warranty by paying 11k or 2 year std warranty will do? Though my usage of car is less, for peace of mind is it better to have?
Though I am not a Rapid owner, I hope you won't mind if I can share with you my thoughts on extended warranty . As you have rightly confessed extended warranty is purely peace of mind. God forbid if something breaks after the 2 years standard warranty period & you have to replace that part, it can cause a big hole in your pocket, give that Skoda spares are not that cheap. Though you are saying that your usage is less, how long would you be able to curb the urge of hitting the road on long drives for the sheer pleasure that the 1.6 TDi motor under the hood of the Rapid. You are bound to go on a mile munching spree, sooner or later. That time this extended warranty would definitely come in handy. So go ahead with it, is my sincere advise.

Last edited by AutoIndian : 23rd March 2013 at 16:00.
AutoIndian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2013, 16:07   #968
BHPian

Quote:
So go ahead with it, is my sincere advise
Thanks AutoIndian. Even I Too was thinking same.
Old 25th March 2013, 12:22   #969
BHPian

Can anyone tell me what model HU is there on the Elegance trim and whether its possible to upgrade it to the Skoda Bolero unit at a later stage? Or even the RCD520 unit from Volkswagen (since its from the same family)?
Old 25th March 2013, 19:17   #970
BHPian

My car is still showing break related problems. Going tomorrow to service center for checkup

Saturday had been to Yelagiri. Was at the decent speed (40-50 kmph). While driving within Yelagiri came across bad patch of road and I noticed at last minute. Did hard breaking and breaks did not apply properly. Vehicle just flew on it. Felt some sound coming from breaks.

Luckily there was no traffic and it was not ghat section. :(
Old 25th March 2013, 20:16   #971

Quote:
Originally Posted by 500ContyCruiser View Post
My car is still showing break related problems. Going tomorrow to service center for checkup

Saturday had been to Yelagiri. Was at the decent speed (40-50 kmph). While driving within Yelagiri came across bad patch of road and I noticed at last minute. Did hard breaking and breaks did not apply properly. Vehicle just flew on it. Felt some sound coming from breaks.

Scary! I suggest you get the break-pads changed along with everything else they do, it may not be the problem but there is no harm in getting them replaced if nothing else newer break-pads will be a tad more effective and help negate the problem to an extent. Stay safe and keep us posted.
Old 25th March 2013, 20:44   #972
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
My car is still showing break related problems. Going tomorrow to service center for checkup (
Are you facing any brake juddering at high speeds? When your speed is around 100-120, try braking and feel if there is any juddering in brakes or steering.

My friend was facing this issue with his Rapid and the asc changed the brake discs under warranty though we had to push them a lot for it.
The brakes for this car are extremely good, no reason why it should be weak. Get it checked asap.
coolboy007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th March 2013, 23:12   #973
BHPian

Quote:
I am planning to install DRL on my Rapid. Looking for pointers. Has anyone done installed on Rapid? (sorry, incase if I have overlooked/missed any of the threads related)
Wouldn't it cause your warranty to be void? I do not think any car manufacturer provides sockets for connecting such outside market stuffs - unless the car comes with such stuffs already. I was interested in upgrading the headlamp bulbs to those milky white ones. But, not dare enough to mess up with the warranty.

Quote:

I am not sure this would help you, it's just my guess.

If your front tires are worn out - may be one of them bad or both are suffering from uneven wear out etc - there's a huge chance for this to happen. Suppose you are driving through a bad stretch on a slope and spots a hump all of a sudden (some small pebbles on the road can make it still worse) and apply the brakes in panic. Now, the ABS may get activated (may be you are referring to the shuddering on the brake pedal caused by activation of ABS as the sound from brakes) and the braking distance may actually increase because of it. You are supposed to steer through the good part of the road at this point to make full advantage of the AntiLock Braking System. However, this may not be always possible as the ghat roads are normally narrow and you would usually find all potholes around your car when you find one of them .

My understanding is that if it is due to a bad brake unit - disk or any other part - the problem should be reproducible always. Like coolboy007 has already suggested, try applying brakes at 100-120kph on a safe road when there's no vehicle around and see if you can reproduce it.
Old 25th March 2013, 23:24   #974
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALSUDA View Post
...My question is, is it worth to have extended warranty by paying 11k or 2 year std warranty will do? Though my usage of car is less, for peace of mind is it better to have?
NEVER EVER take a chance with a Skoda! It's always better to have EW on a diesel vehicle, even if it's an MJD.
swiftnfurious is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th March 2013, 09:42   #975
BHPian

you are right swiftnfurious.
I decided to go for EW.
Tnks
ALSUDA is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks