Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 26th April 2013, 15:06   #1021
BHPian

Re: Skoda Rapid : Test Drive & Review

Hi

Can anyone guide me with the bulbs used in the Rapid's front fog light. Is it H3 specification?
Old 4th May 2013, 01:35   #1022
BHPian

Has anyone felt the need to get the car serviced before the prescribed 15k interval? It appears a bit too long. I think the engine oil also wouldn't be holding the qualities till 15k, even though its synthetic. Anybody given a thought to it?
Old 4th May 2013, 10:42   #1023
BHPian

synthetic oils hold up to 15k kms, hence no need to worry. however, oil level has to be checked particulary in diesel engine. i heard first 5k kms there may be some oil consumption, in some cases close to 1ltr. yesterday i had my rapid summer camp free check up. it's new car & has done 2.2k kms. oil level was perfect. i drove about 1200kms on highways including ghats. oil level was not reduced. may be i ve not pushed her more than 120-130kmph, since it's new car. get the level checked or you yourself can do it. no need to change till 15kms. if you have money you can change more frequently & no doubt your engine will be very very tidy & healthy
Old 4th May 2013, 19:37   #1024
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by torque18 View Post
Has anyone felt the need to get the car serviced before the prescribed 15k interval? It appears a bit too long. I think the engine oil also wouldn't be holding the qualities till 15k, even though its synthetic. Anybody given a thought to it?
You no need to worry. The engine oil will hold up for 15K kms easily. I have been driving my Fabia since 2009 August and have covered 65K kms. Never had the need to change the oil before 15K kms. All my services were done every 15K kms and not the 1 Year interval (Since I cover more than 15K in an year ). My first service was after 10K kms though (the prescribed was 10K in 2009).
Old 5th May 2013, 00:31   #1025
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALSUDA View Post
synthetic oils hold up to 15k kms, hence no need to worry. however, oil level has to be checked particulary in diesel engine. i heard first 5k kms there may be some oil consumption, in some cases close to 1ltr. yesterday i had my rapid summer camp free check up. it's new car & has done 2.2k kms. oil level was perfect. i drove about 1200kms on highways including ghats. oil level was not reduced. may be i ve not pushed her more than 120-130kmph, since it's new car. get the level checked or you yourself can do it. no need to change till 15kms. if you have money you can change more frequently & no doubt your engine will be very very tidy & healthy
Quote:
Originally Posted by narsi_6989 View Post
You no need to worry. The engine oil will hold up for 15K kms easily. I have been driving my Fabia since 2009 August and have covered 65K kms. Never had the need to change the oil before 15K kms. All my services were done every 15K kms and not the 1 Year interval (Since I cover more than 15K in an year ). My first service was after 10K kms though (the prescribed was 10K in 2009).
Thanks. That puts to rest some concerns!

Guys I am facing a rather strange problem with my car's ICE. the volume/power knob has lost its feel. It has become touch sensitive and doesn't press like the other knob. What could be the issue here?
Old 5th May 2013, 15:04   #1026
BHPian

Quote:
yesterday i had my rapid summer camp free
How do you get that summer check? call them ?

Quote:
if you have money you can change more frequently & no doubt your engine will be very very tidy & healthy
This is what the SA told me as well when I asked him regarding oil change !

Quote:
Originally Posted by narsi_6989 View Post
You no need to worry. The engine oil will hold up for 15K kms easily. My first service was after 10K kms though (the prescribed was 10K in 2009).
Sure, but there are several people who go for an oil top up before the stipulated 15k right? Money or not, instead of top up, should one wait till 15k for complete oil change ?

Last edited by stringbh : 5th May 2013 at 15:10.
Old 5th May 2013, 16:37   #1027
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by stringbh View Post
Sure, but there are several people who go for an oil top up before the stipulated 15k right? Money or not, instead of top up, should one wait till 15k for complete oil change ?
Top up, if required, has to be necessarily done. No choice there and you can't wait for the 15k mark if the top up is required before that.
Old 6th May 2013, 11:16   #1028
BHPian

it's mandatory to check oil levels regularly by our selves & top it up whenever it's required. oil consumption will be slightly more when the engine is new. don't wait to check the level till you reach 15k kms. a top up would be required normally around 7500/=kms check up. still i suggest, keep checking once in 2k kms. for summer camp check up i had an sms from my dealer. i called up & they asked me to drop in next day. in this check up, they cleaned the air-filter/ ac filter & vas check up & if any thing specific + a body wash. all these free - no charges. dealer's service stations are always crowded & i'm not sure whether they give proper attention to the work. i feel it's better to have one expert out side garage.
Old 6th May 2013, 12:01   #1029
BHPian

Quote:
How do you get that summer check? call them ?
As for the summer camp, call your dealer and book an appointment as mentioned by ALSUDA. Also I dont think proper care will be given to the vehicle as it will be too crowded (It always is even during normal service).

Quote:
As torque18 and ALSUDA mentioned, please check the oil level on regular basis. This will help us keep the engine healthy. In case you feel there is a drop in oil level its better to top it up instead of waiting for 15K. I always have 1L of oil with me. Again, its my personal experience that I never had to change the engine oil before the 15K mark. This may differ and I have seen people who had to change the oil after 10K kms. The best way would be to check the oil levels on regular basis.
narsi_6989 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th May 2013, 19:27   #1030
BHPian

hello

What about the extended warranty? How advisable is it to go for extended warranty. My car will be completing a year next week and as per what i have been told by Skoda people, I need to take the extended warranty before one year from the date of purchase. However, I am in a fix whether to go for it or not? I have been quoted 11k for it. Considering the fact that most of the issues are termed as 'wear n tear issue' by Skoda, I have not been able to make up my mind. Please advise me
Old 7th May 2013, 19:32   #1031
BHPian

Quote:
I have been quoted 11k for it. Considering the fact that most of the issues are termed as 'wear n tear issue' by Skoda, I have not been able to make up my mind. Please advise me
Even the most of the parts may fall under wear n tear category, the major parts like engine and gearbox are covered under ext. warranty and I think ECU is also covered (please correct if I am wrong). IMO 11K is not a big amount for additional 2 years coverage for a car costing around 10L.
Old 8th May 2013, 10:01   #1032
BHPian

torque> tbppjpr is right. Infact I was also in the same dilemma & as per the forum members advices went for extended warranty. go ahead & get the extended warranty.
Old 8th May 2013, 14:04   #1033
BHPian

Quote:
Hi

Can anyone guide me with the bulbs used in the Rapid's front fog light. Is it H3 specification?
Those lamps are H8 spec. I've removed the fog lamps & checked myself myself. Thought of changing it to LED or crystal vision.
Old 9th May 2013, 13:40   #1034
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbppjpr View Post
Even the most of the parts may fall under wear n tear category, the major parts like engine and gearbox are covered under ext. warranty and I think ECU is also covered (please correct if I am wrong). IMO 11K is not a big amount for additional 2 years coverage for a car costing around 10L.
Quote:
torque> tbppjpr is right. Infact I was also in the same dilemma & as per the forum members advices went for extended warranty. go ahead & get the extended warranty.
I just had a talk with my dealer and he says i cannot have the extended warranty as my car wasn't insured by Skoda. I had got the insurance done myself as I had transferred the insurance from my previous car. He says this is the policy of the VAG group and he can't help. Is this true? i don't see any link between my car's insurance and EW and that too because its not through Skoda! Ridiculous to say the least!

What do I do now?
Old 9th May 2013, 13:46   #1035
BHPian

Quote:
I just had a talk with my dealer and he says i cannot have the extended warranty as my car wasn't insured by Skoda...
..He says this is the policy of the VAG group and he can't help. Is this true?
This is not true at all. Only logical argument against ext warranty can be if the car is not serviced at authorized workshop or any modification got done in the car outside the Skoda dealership.

Approach directly to Skoda, post the concern with full details of the car and the dealer on their Facebook page and you will get you extended warranty done.

Most Viewed