Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd March 2014, 11:41   #1516
Distinguished - BHPian

[quote=dspeter;3396797]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post

On the mileage, few questions first. How many km on the odo?

Peter - 400KM at the moment. First full tank was refueled at 370km.

What are the traffic conditions? What speeds do you drive at?

Peter - Medium to Heavy traffic. Usually within city limits I do not exceed 50km. I'm a fairly new driver, still driving with learning license ;-) Top speed was clocked by a close relative.

My vento tsi started off at 7 kmpl in heavy traffic conditions for the initial 300km. Now it is around 10-11 in heavy traffic.

Peter - Thats quite encouraging and looking forward to those stats on my ODO :-)
I think you don't need to worry. As the km builds and as you get more comfortable driving, the numbers will improve. Take it easy and don't push the car too much for the first 1000- 1500km. Convey the same to your relative too. . I assume you may have seen moderator noopsters Vento AT thread. Since the earlier Vento AT and current rapid AT uses the same engine and gearbox, you should get a high level idea on what to expect over a period of time.
Old 28th March 2014, 12:12   #1517
BHPian

Re: Skoda Rapid : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by narsi_6989 View Post
I booked one yesterday and I went for the normal elegance variant as I did not want the side foils and stickers of the Ultima.
A week long wait ends today . Booked my Rapid last Friday and will be taking delivery this evening.

Ownership log brewing in the Assembly Line .
Old 31st March 2014, 14:12   #1518
BHPian

Friends, took delivery of my Rapid Elegance 1.6 TDI on Friday. Have been enjoying the ride since yesterday. I have few doubts/clarification regarding the car.
  1. I have been provided with one remote key and the other is just a normal key without remote? Is that how they provide? My 2009 Fabia had 2 remote keys!
  2. Is there a way to close/stop the rear AC blower when the rear seat is not occupied?
  3. The bluetooth works flawlessly with my S3, but I could not see the contact names displayed when I receive a call? Will the contact details not sync with the ICE?
  4. In my Fabia I was provided with anti-theft check nut for the alloys. Here in Rapid it is not the case and all the nuts are similar. But this feature is mentioned in the Manual.
  5. I feel a sudden power loss when I reduce to 2nd gear at around 1000rpm. Is this normal?

Someone please through some light on the above queries!

Thanks!
Old 31st March 2014, 14:29   #1519
BHPian

Quote:
Friends, took delivery of my Rapid Elegance 1.6 TDI on Friday. Have been enjoying the ride since yesterday. I have few doubts/clarification regarding the car.
Firstly Congrats on owning a Rapid!!

1. I have been provided with one remote key and the other is just a normal key without remote? Is that how they provide? My 2009 Fabia had 2 remote keys!
Both the keys for my Rapid are Remote keys. I believe they changed it about an year back. Wherein one the key's will be non-remote.

2. Is there a way to close/stop the rear AC blower when the rear seat is not occupied?
No. You cannot turn off AC blower completely at the rear.
Yes, it a nice feature to have!

3. The bluetooth works flawlessly with my S3, but I could not see the contact names displayed when I receive a call? Will the contact details not sync with the ICE?
No Comments. My car does not have Bluetooth connectivity.

4. In my Fabia I was provided with anti-theft check nut for the alloys. Here in Rapid it is not the case and all the nuts are similar. But this feature is mentioned in the Manual.
I think the answer is No.. Rapid does not come with anti-theft check nut for the alloys. If it is mentioned in the manual, you can ask your dealer about it.
Can you post a pic of what you are talking about?

5. I feel a sudden power loss when I reduce to 2nd gear at around 1000rpm. Is this normal?
TDI or MPI?
If its TDI, that is expected. Ideal working RPM is above 1200.

Last edited by 500ContyCruiser : 31st March 2014 at 14:32.
500ContyCruiser is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st March 2014, 14:40   #1520
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 500ContyCruiser View Post
Firstly Congrats on owning a Rapid!!

I think the answer is No.. Rapid does not come with anti-theft check nut for the alloys. If it is mentioned in the manual, you can ask your dealer about it.
Can you post a pic of what you are talking about?
Here you go. Just noticed that it is provided in the official accessory list in the Skoda page. It was provided as default for my Fabia.

Skoda Rapid : Test Drive & Review-safety-bolt.jpg

We will be able to remove 4 bolts normally, while the 5th bolt needs a safety bolt to be attached and then removed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 500ContyCruiser View Post
TDI or MPI?
If its TDI, that is expected. Ideal working RPM is above 1200.
Mine is TDI. Thanks for the clarification.

Any new owners who can comment on the Bluetooth connectivity?
Old 31st March 2014, 17:49   #1521
BHPian

Quote:
  1. The bluetooth works flawlessly with my S3, but I could not see the contact names displayed when I receive a call? Will the contact details not sync with the ICE?
I do not own Rapid, but I have Renault Duster with inbuilt Bluetooth connectivity for phone & audio streaming. I have tried with two difference handsets, HTC Desire X and Apple iPhone 5s. In case of HTC, the HU syncs only 735 contacts out of ~ 1400. So, if I happen to receive call from contact whose contact has synced, HU shows up the name, but if a call comes from unsynced contact, its name would not show and only number will be displayed. But with Apple, HU syncs all contact.
austere_sly is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st April 2014, 16:57   #1522
BHPian

For anyone who is interested: Jai Auto (Mathura Road) in Delhi is giving the MY2014 Rapid 1.6 MPI MT Elegance for 9L on-road (think the standard on-road is ~9.76L) with reversing sensors thrown in. They've got color restrictions though, White/ Silver with a few Beige if I remember correctly.

Know someone who recently booked, took delivery in 5 days. Think its quite a decent deal.

Last edited by anantnehru : 1st April 2014 at 16:59.
Old 1st April 2014, 21:18   #1523
BHPian

Quote:
The bluetooth works flawlessly with my S3, but I could not see the contact names displayed when I receive a call? Will the contact details not sync with the ICE?
Congrats narsi_6989 on your new acquisition. Please post some pics for the visual treat.

Coming to phone connectivity, Rapid comes with RCD 320 radio which doesn't display contact names.
Skoda Rapid : Test Drive & Review-image-3.jpg
Pferdestarke is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2014, 07:16   #1524
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pferdestarke View Post
Congrats narsi_6989 on your new acquisition. Please post some pics for the visual treat.

Coming to phone connectivity, Rapid comes with RCD 320 radio which doesn't display contact names.
Attachment 1225754
Thanks for the wishes Pferdestarke . The ownership log is brewing in the assembly line. I already reported the post to mods but it is not live yet! Need to wait I guess.

I was actually waiting for your response regarding the BT connectivity and you didn't disappoint.
narsi_6989 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th April 2014, 11:11   #1525
Senior - BHPian

I gave my Rapid TDI for the 2nd year/30k paid service a couple of days back to Vinayak Skoda- KR puram. The car had completed 19500 kms.
The following issues were reported:
1. AC cooling not adequate.
2. The Passenger side seat belt was not coming out properly.

The AC was checked and filter changed. The cooling is much better now.
They didn't have the passenger seat belt in stock. They have assured that they will call me in another 10 days and I can get it fitted.

Some additional items like Brake cleaning (Rs.550 each for front and rear), wheel alignment and balancing etc was declined by me. I missed declining the windshield washer liquid and the battery check though.

Total bill came up to Rs.9617/-, which included Rs.220 for Battery check, Rs.200 for windshield washer liquid and Rs.300 for pickup and drop.

Excluding these, the bill would have been in the region of 8900/- odd, which is acceptable for a paid annual service. I have appended the bill for reference.

After three good experiences before this, my experience with Vinayak Skoda this time was not upto the mark. Their driver arrived 30 minutes late. The car reached their service center on time, but no one called me for 3-4 hours. Finally after numerous phone calls and SMSing their boss, I got a service advisor to call me at 2.30 pm, by which time, they also told me that it can be delivered only the next day. Gave them an earful for the delay and not attending to my car immediately.

The initial quote for the service was in the region of 12500/- and inflated costs were being quoted for the service parts replacement. I took the SA through the Skoda website and the cost of each item in the service calculator. Eliminated the unwanted services and told him to stick only to the absolutely necessary things. This was complied with. They also updated the software to take care of the morning clatter sound.

Overall performance of the car has improved, seems smoother and the AC is cooling better.
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda Rapid : Test Drive & Review-scan.jpg  

Last edited by hrman : 13th April 2014 at 11:15.
Old 14th April 2014, 10:07   #1526
BHPian

Have done 33k and want to do a tyre replacement.
1 tyre replaced at 29k.
Have to replace the remaining 3.
Me being naive when I bought the car and fit 14" alloys will have to go in for 14" tyres.
I am happy with the aceleres but would like a wider profile.
Would it be advisable?
And which ones should i go for?
Old 18th April 2014, 00:41   #1527
Senior - BHPian

Just got my 2nd servicing done at vinayak skoda. Did not opt for wheel alignment and balancing, yet had to shell out 11k for the service. Filters and oil costed roughly 7k and the labour charges were around 3k. Is this the normal kind of charge that one usually ends up paying once a year? I remember my first service was around 7k which did not include labour, but had some other components like interior cleaning etc which I did not opt for this time around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrman View Post
I gave my Rapid TDI for the 2nd year/30k paid service.....smoother and the AC is cooling better.
Just reviewed your bill, mine is exactly the same except for one added part of a rubber bush for about RS.350. But what is surprising us that they have charged me about 800rs for front and rear brakes cleaning and another 280 for brakes bleeding, which is not present in your invoice. I read from your above post that you declined this. Any reason for doing so?

Last edited by FlyingSpur : 22nd April 2014 at 14:04. Reason: Please use the EDIT button instead of creating successive back-to-back posts.
Old 18th April 2014, 08:44   #1528
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorworks View Post
Just reviewed your bill, mine is exactly the same except for one added part of a rubber bush for about RS.350. But what is surprising us that they have charged me about 800rs for front and rear brakes cleaning and another 280 for brakes bleeding, which is not present in your invoice. I read from your above post that you declined this. Any reason for doing so?
I read somewhere on the net that this was not necessary. If it is done, they shouldn't ideally charge for it. I was not facing any problem with respect to the brakes, so asked them to skip it.
In the first service, VAS scanning, Service labour cost and Brake cleaning are all free. This charge adds up to Rs.2700/- odd. They also replace the dust n pollen filter and Air filter in the 2nd service, which combined was about 1000/-Rs.
This 3700/- is the incremental cost between the 1st and the 2nd service.
Old 19th April 2014, 20:19   #1529
BHPian

Today evening while going towards Mekri Circle from Hebbal, as soon as the Mekri circle underpass arrived, a BMTC bus cut me badly and I had hard break. Next moment my car engine stalled. Luckily tariff was less, else the situation would have been different!

Driving further noticed that when I shift gear (up/down), I see the gear has been applied properly, but the engine goes on Neutral. Then shifting to previous gear resolves it.

Called Vinayaka Skoda, they asked to come on Monday. They mentioned the problem could be because loose gear nob or something...

While returning back home, again the same thing happened twice. Just near my house I stopped to buy something (as I would not be taking my car out, until repair) and engaged Reverse gear to park properly. Now the gear is stuck and cannot bring it to Neutral.

I have called Skoda Roadside assistance and waiting for Tow vehicle to arrive.
Old 20th April 2014, 11:29   #1530
BHPian

Finally my car had been towed to Oklipuram service center. Considering weekend, will have to wait until tomorrow for any updates.

BTW, those are brand new tyres which I upgraded yesterday and never got to feel them :(
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda Rapid : Test Drive & Review-wp_20140419_20_53_35_pro.jpg  

Skoda Rapid : Test Drive & Review-wp_20140419_20_56_56_pro.jpg  

Skoda Rapid : Test Drive & Review-wp_20140419_20_57_30_pro.jpg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks