Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th July 2014, 13:49   #1711
BHPian

Re: Skoda Rapid : Test Drive & Review

Thanks a lot. I think it looks quite decent. I shall be enquiring about these at the nearest Skoda service centre. In the meantime if anyone can put up some more pictures of these seat covers, it would really be a great help
Old 20th July 2014, 15:14   #1712
BHPian

Congrats krazydriver84 for the awesome rapid. Wish you a very happy and pleasureable driving experience. IMO RAPID looks fantastic in Red and Black. Enjoy !!
Old 21st July 2014, 21:16   #1713
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemant_Joshi View Post
However - from whatever the Buzz is, the facelift is certainly, NOT, the European Rapid - Which I was hoping, Just some cosmetic changes - BLACK Edition. But, there seems to be certainity that the Current 1.6 Engine will be replaced with a 1.5 Diesel,,
But I think the "Black Edition" is only one more special edition. It is NOT a "facelift". Is there any further clarity on this?

I am in fact waiting for the "facelift". Since the Polo has come up with a 1.5 TDi facelifted version, I fear whether the 1.5 version will come in the Vento also soon. But then there are two options with imminent facelifts -- Vento and Rapid. Which one will come first and take away the market is to be seen.

Vipin.
Old 21st July 2014, 22:09   #1714
BHPian

special edition or Facelift, its certainly not the European Rapid, Which I was hoping to be introduced,,
But 1.5 Diesel engine, seems to be certain.

So,
My mind is maid up, I will go for the current Skoda Rapid - Elegance TDI,

Due to personal reasons and some finance issues (closing old loan..) - I can only book it after 28th,, I will go for it - mostly 1 week of August,,
Can hardly wait, till then - I have my Old Hardy Getz to do the duty..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vipin Kumar View Post
But I think the "Black Edition" is only one more special edition. It is NOT a "facelift". Is there any further clarity on this?

I am in fact waiting for the "facelift". Since the Polo has come up with a 1.5 TDi facelifted version, I fear whether the 1.5 version will come in the Vento also soon. But then there are two options with imminent facelifts -- Vento and Rapid. Which one will come first and take away the market is to be seen.

Vipin.
Old 21st July 2014, 22:20   #1715
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemant_Joshi View Post
So,
My mind is maid up, I will go for the current Skoda Rapid - Elegance TDI,

Due to personal reasons and some finance issues (closing old loan..) - I can only book it after 28th,, I will go for it - mostly 1 week of August,,
Can hardly wait
Great. Go ahead because anyway you are getting a well-packed sedan having a 1.6 TDi engine with great torque -- anytime better than the 1.5 TDi with 90 BHP/230 NM torque.

I am not in any hurry and therefore can afford to wait for sometime. But if they reduce the engine capacity, it will certainly be a disappointment for me.

Vipin.
Old 21st July 2014, 23:07   #1716
Senior - BHPian

I just want to clarify 2 things.

1. The Black Edition is the last "special edition" of the current model with black alloys, projector lamps and some interior goodies

2. There is a facelift based on new Rapid platform thats schedule for December or Q1 next year, which will be a completely new platform

3. 1.5 Ltr Diesel with DSG is on the cards as well.

So you might be better off holding on a wee bit longer.
Old 21st July 2014, 23:29   #1717
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aseem View Post

1. The Black Edition is the last "special edition" of the current model with black alloys, projector lamps and some interior goodies

2. There is a facelift based on new Rapid platform thats schedule for December or Q1 next year, which will be a completely new platform

Are you sure that there is going to be a complete new platform for the rapid that soon? I don't think so. The face lifted polo is just out and that means that the next in line is the vento followed by the rapid, or vice versa. These 3 cars haven't had a proper facelift all these years!
Secondly to have some cost sharing sense, I believe that these 3 cars are always going to be sharing platforms. So if a new one is due, then it's for all 3.
I'm not sure if the newer polo /vento /rapid would be based on the MQB though.
Old 22nd July 2014, 11:34   #1718
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vipin Kumar View Post
Great. Go ahead because anyway you are getting a well-packed sedan having a 1.6 TDi engine with great torque -- anytime better than the 1.5 TDi with 90 BHP/230 NM torque.

I am not in any hurry and therefore can afford to wait for sometime. But if they reduce the engine capacity, it will certainly be a disappointment for me.

Vipin.
Vipin,
1.5 Diesel engine is a certainty, specially after that engine being hooked in Polo.
Guess its your call..,

Quote:
Originally Posted by aseem View Post

The Projector Head Lamps are already standard in ELEGANCE Trim,

I don't think the facelift would be based on the NEW Platform,, besides I dont want to end up buying the 1.5 TDI. I just love the current Rapid..

I am waiting for some formalities to be over relating to selling my current car and my existing loan, before I book my Rapid - Hopefully by 1st week of August.,

Last edited by Hemant_Joshi : 22nd July 2014 at 11:38.
Old 23rd July 2014, 18:32   #1719
BHPian

Skoda announces cash, service benefits for Rapid -

http://www.autocarindia.com/auto-new...id-389418.aspx
Old 29th July 2014, 19:00   #1720
BHPian

Guys need some help.

I had my driver take me around last weekend and he seems to have done something to the auto window closing.

Now when I press and hold the LOCK button on my FOB it just locks the doors and does not close the windows. I’m guessing it’s some chauffeur setting that he activated by mistake but can’t seem to find anything in the manual to help me reverse that.

Anyone faced the same thing or have any ideas on how I can re activate that feature?
Old 29th July 2014, 20:22   #1721
BHPian

Latest edition of ACI states, both Vento and Rapid will launch the DSG transmission to diesel engines before the end of 2014. Hopefully, facelift for Rapid would be around that time only.
Also, Vento would get the diesel Automatic transmission first.

And the A.S.S. are now top priority for Skoda per the CEO of Indian Ops. Let's see how well he does. I read one of his interviews earlier and he stated Skoda planning to sell 75-100k Fabias annually but the company decided to stop producing them in India later. As an FYI, Skoda not planning to introduce the fabulous next gen Fabia in India and focuses to sell more and more of Rapids.
the_dark_knight is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st July 2014, 09:07   #1722
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_dark_knight View Post
Latest edition of ACI states, both Vento and Rapid will launch the DSG transmission to diesel engines before the end of 2014. Hopefully, facelift for Rapid would be around that time only.
Also, Vento would get the diesel Automatic transmission first.

As an FYI, Skoda not planning to introduce the fabulous next gen Fabia in India and focuses to sell more and more of Rapids.
Certainly, selling Rapid will be Skoda's top priority. But it is the only car in Skoda's stable now that remains in the older styling. So, a facelift is also important. But the dealers are tightlipped about it, as they want to sell as many existing rapids as possible.

I think a Vento facelift is also around the corner, since Polo has already brought in the refreshing changes. If Polo comes, can Vento be far behind?

Vipin.
Old 31st July 2014, 12:58   #1723
Senior - BHPian

I had a couple of issues to be sorted out with my Rapid.

A month back, I had gone to a relatives place and parked the car on the road side. When I returned, found the rear right tail light had been smashed to smithereens. Fortunately no paint damage.

My front passenger side seat belt was giving issues about 6 months into its ownership. It needed to be pulled- released, pulled- released in order to extend it and clip it for the wearer. From the earlier services, they had oiled it, but it was still the same. So a replacement was in order.

When I enquired with them they told me to get the car to them and then they will give an estimate. I did not have the time to go twice for the same job, so asked to give a quote on email. They agreed, and said they will place an order provided I remit some advance to them for procuring the seat belt. This was done and the order was placed. Upon following up after 3 weeks, I came to know the stock had arrived. So I took a day off from work last Saturday and headed to Vinayaka Skoda- KR Puram to get the passenger seat belt and the tail light assembly replaced.

For an appointment at 10.30 am, they made me wait for two hours before attending to my car. The service adviser Prem was too busy it seems and took a long time to attend to me. The other SA was not willing to look at my case as the order had been placed by Prem. (I found this ridiculous, but anyway). Finally he took the car and gave an estimated time of 3-4 hours for the job to be done. This was at 12.15 noon, for an appointment of 10.30 am.

I was waiting in their lounge, when at around 3.15 he came to tell me that the replacement for seat belt and rear tail light was completed. I couldn't believe they took 3 hours for what could have been a half hour job, but what the heck.
Then came the downer. While moving a gas cylinder within the workshop, they had crashed it into the front driver side fender and this was fully dented.
He however accepted the mistake and promised to replace the fender and have it repainted. Estimated time was 1-1.5 hours more. Was cursing my luck.

A harrowing wait of 8 hours, a few ounces of bad luck etc. later, finally got delivery of the car at 6.30 pm. On the plus side, the paint job was executed well, although because of fading over time, the paint was not exactly matching. Realized it is next to impossible to get an exact paint match for a two and half year old car. I appreciate Skoda for owning up and replacing and repainting the fender FOC.

The total cost including tax and labour for the tail light assembly and seat belt assembly was Rs.39XX/-

Will I recommend Skoda again? Am on a 50-50 right now. Beautiful car, but they need to be more mindful of customer experiences, as only that will pull potential customers to their showrooms.

Last edited by hrman : 31st July 2014 at 13:04.
Old 1st August 2014, 15:02   #1724
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrman View Post
For an appointment at 10.30 am, they made me wait for two hours before attending to my car.
I had a similar experience with Vinayaka Skoda a couple of months ago to address mileage issue on my month old Rapid and fix a scratch on the bumper. They made me wait for more than a hour for similar reasons, brushed of the mileage issue and refused to touch up the paint. Their facility is quite cramped up too.

A month passed by and I returned to Skoda this time at Tafe Access, Hosur road and was amazed at the size of their facility and service too. Not only they fixed the mileage issue with an software update, even retouched the paint on bumper for no cost. Was extremely pleased with their service.

I've booked first 6 months checkup with TA for later this month.

-Pete
Old 1st August 2014, 21:45   #1725
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrman View Post
Upon following up after 3 weeks, I came to know the stock had arrived. So I took a day off from work last Saturday and headed to Vinayaka Skoda- KR Puram to get the passenger seat belt and the tail light assembly replaced.

For an appointment at 10.30 am, they made me wait for two hours before attending to my car. The service adviser Prem was too busy it seems and took a long time to attend to me. The other SA was not willing to look at my case as the order had been placed by Prem. (I found this ridiculous, but anyway). Finally he took the car and gave an estimated time of 3-4 hours for the job to be done. This was at 12.15 noon, for an appointment of 10.30 am.
hrman, its unfortunate that you had a particularly bad experience. I had gone for the monsoon checkup (to prepare for a long drive tomorrow!) and was attended to promptly and had my car out of the workshop in an hour. This was in Okalipuram's Vinayaka service center. Been there thrice already for regular services and never had a chance to complain.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks