Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th September 2015, 02:13   #2236
BHPian

Re: Skoda Rapid : Test Drive & Review

Hi...With reference to my earlier post pertaining to injector adaptation test, I had a chance of taking the car to the Varanasi workshop where we attempted to carry out the adaptation of the injectors. The process started and continued for barely 5 minutes. The log was saved. However, the result is again the same. There is no report and it merely displays the exact same message that appeared at the other workshop where the test was carried out.

This time, however, the workshop manager was considerate enough and assured me he would get back to me on this matter after getting in touch with the technical team. Also, he has mailed me the entire log report.

Now, I am quite clueless. Has the test happened? or is it giving some error?
I would appreciate if some Rapid owner in the NCR who has faced the injector issue could direct me to the workshop where they got the job done for the injectors as this alone seems to be a reliable option.
Old 27th September 2015, 09:02   #2237
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by connect2prashan View Post
Hey! Congrats.

Do you have a price list from the chennai dealer handy with you?

I would like to see the OTR price of all the variants.

With this reduced price, I see 1.5 TDI Elegance plus Black Package is below ₹10 lakhs (means lower road tax %). IMHO, that's very tempting.
I don't have the list handy right now. Since I was interested in the diesel variants I remember the price quotes

Ambition - 10.6 OTR (This was also a compelling package with alloy wheels. Auto climate control and projector head lamps were the major misses)
Elegance - 9.49 Ex and 11.16 OTR
Elegance plus - 9.79 Ex and 11.5 OTR
Elegance plus black - 9.92 Ex 11.65 OTR

True that! It is a compelling price especially as it comes under the 10L tax range.

Beware that this whole anniversary edition saga is just to clear the old stocks. You can't order a fresh stock of your choice. When I checked the vin of my alloted car it was a May 15 model. When I refused it, they did not have another silver elegance in stock. So I chose a newer elegance plus variant in the same color (cruise control plus leatherette seats). I wanted the biege color, but they were reluctant to order one new as the whole purpose of this official price reduction is to clear the existing stocks. The SA was saying that the new ones will come in the 'style' variant as hinted in our forum discussions and they will not have this offer price.

I did a price comparison with the C segment top end diesels and this was the best bargain. Of course I am taking the bait knowing the Skoda reliability and service issues just for the pure driving pleasure of a European car.

Been driving it for a week now, only inside the city limits. It's an absolute pleasure. It responds the way you want it to. Driving sedately? It's up to it. If you want to rush, just floor the pedal and it surges forward with all the urgency while still being composed. Can't wait to hit the highways
pedalpoint is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th September 2015, 10:10   #2238
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedalpoint View Post
Ambition - 10.6 OTR (This was also a compelling package with alloy wheels. Auto climate control and projector head lamps were the major misses)
Elegance - 9.49 Ex and 11.16 OTR
Elegance plus - 9.79 Ex and 11.5 OTR
Elegance plus black - 9.92 Ex 11.65 OTR

Beware that this whole anniversary edition saga is just to clear the old stocks.

I did a price comparison with the C segment top end diesels and this was the best bargain. Of course I am taking the bait knowing the Skoda reliability and service issues just for the pure driving pleasure of a European car.

Thanks bro!

Yes, the anniversary edition saga is to clear up the stocks. Yet, when we see a top end diesel on par with segment top end petrol, It is very tempting.

As far as the a-s-s is concerned, It's a gamble. Once your warranty is done, you may have to find out a multi brand service center that has a reputation. I haven't seen Skoda a-s-s quality moving upwards in the graph at any point in time. And I don't think it will.

Having said all that, Happy miles ahead for you!!

PS: Mind Voice: How I wish, VW had this kind of a pricing on their Vento!!!
Old 29th September 2015, 08:21   #2239
BHPian

Hello folks,

Yesterday I observed a strange thing on my 2011 Rapid: I was able to open fuel lid when the vehicle is locked.

Anybody observed this on your Rapid/Vento? Is there any trick to fix this or do I need to visit service center?

P.S: I have been visiting Skoda A.S.S at least once in a month (for last three months consequently)
Old 29th September 2015, 08:55   #2240
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillsnrains View Post
Yesterday I observed a strange thing on my 2011 Rapid: I was able to open fuel lid when the vehicle is locked.
It shouldn't. The fuel lid lock actuator is acting up. Get it replaced if your car is under extended warranty.

The 3M multi-purpose lubricant also helps in some cases. Spray it outside, push it in and out manually a few times and check.
Gannu_1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th September 2015, 08:21   #2241
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
It shouldn't. The fuel lid lock actuator is acting up. Get it replaced if your car is under extended warranty.
Thanks Gannu for quick response

It looks like I have to visit ASS again for the fuel lid issue. My car is still under extended warranty, So I will push them to replace defective part under warranty. Lets see how things will happen.
Old 3rd October 2015, 12:54   #2242
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillsnrains View Post
No mate, I will go by BHPian's word. I do not need a proof
My car too elegance and is one of those from the first batch (manufactured in Nov 2011). I would like to here from other owners.
By the way can you confirm the rating of your Varta battery? is it 60Ah or 74Ah? This may be helpful to other Rapid Owners.
Digging up this age old question since my 2012 Rapid TDI is due for a battery change at 28000Kms. Skoda service (Vinayaka) says I need to get DIN63 (63Ah) type while an internet search turns up 60Ah.
What rating (and manufacturer) have Rapid TDI owners got reliably replaced?
Old 3rd October 2015, 13:50   #2243
BHPian

I replaced mine about a month ago, after 65K( 3 years) with 60h Exide. Got it from exide showroom for INR 6300. Following were quotes i had got post i replaced as i didnt have time to investigate. Car stalled in office and i got the battery replaced there itself.

Skoda showroom - INR 8000
Batterybhai.com - INR 5900
exide showroom - INR 6300

car is running fine on the new replaced batter
ShaileshHinge is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2015, 18:13   #2244
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nma83 View Post
Digging up this age old question since my 2012 Rapid TDI is due for a battery change at 28000Kms. Skoda service (Vinayaka) says I need to get DIN63 (63Ah) type while an internet search turns up 60Ah.
What rating (and manufacturer) have Rapid TDI owners got reliably replaced?
Mate, my car was having Exide 60Ah and I replaced it with Amaron 74Ah. It's been more than 8 months and working flawlessly. My vinayaka service engineer told that car was having a 74Ah battery, after opening only I realized it was only 60Ah. You can go for either of the above without worry.
hillsnrains is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2015, 21:05   #2245
BHPian

Thanks @ShaileshHinge and @hillsnrains. I will try out batterybhai and order a 60Ah Amaron.

By the way, the spurious idling problems I was having earlier turned out to be a side-effect of a weak battery. An error was logged by the ECU mentioning 'intermittent battery voltage drop'. Hoping the battery replacement solves that problem as well.
Old 4th October 2015, 12:38   #2246
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nma83 View Post
Thanks @ShaileshHinge and @hillsnrains. I will try out batterybhai and order a 60Ah Amaron.

By the way, the spurious idling problems I was having earlier turned out to be a side-effect of a weak battery. An error was logged by the ECU mentioning 'intermittent battery voltage drop'. Hoping the battery replacement solves that problem as well.
Battery replaced today with a 66Ah Amaron via batterybhai (prompt response and neatly done ).
While browsing the owner's manual to know about replacement procedure, I came across this:
Quote:
When battery level is low and there is a high load, the ECU increases the idling speed to allow the alternator to generate more electricity.
I never ran into this nugget of information while searching about the idling issue all these months ! Leaving it here to help others who may hit the same weird behavior.
The ABS warning which lit up for a couple of seconds on cold-start is now gone. I am sure the idling will be all fine now too!
nma83 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th October 2015, 12:06   #2247
BHPian

i got a taste of the bitter after sales service from Skoda. Though its a small issue, it did make me very unhappy.

I had given my car to JMD Nerul for software updates for cold start issues on saturday. They solved the issue and i was satisfied with this work and got my vehicle back home. Paid 855 INR. Didnt use my vehicle on saturday at all.

On Sunday i noticed that the left side front door isnt closing properly and the setting was disturbed. The door alignment with the back door was off. could see it with naked eyes. This problem didnt exist before i gave the car to JMD.

Monday - Took the car to JMD Nerul again. The SA who serviced my car on Saturday not even looking at me! I had to go through the front desk to find out that they are busy and cant even look at the vehicle. After a lot of persuasion they got someone to look at the door. He said setting out and needs to be set again. The front desk said it will take whole day and 1000 INR + taxes for doing this. I had just paid around 1K on saturday! I tried to explain all this but in vain.
Finally i did not leave my car there and got it the setting done outside. Local mechanic took exactly 10 minutes and INR 50 + INR 50 tip ! He just had to unscrew 2 bolts, adjust and tighten again. Thats it ! And JMD Skoda was asking to whole day and 1000 INR for this...
I have been a loyal JMD nerul customer for 3 years and was very happy till today. But they left me unhappy today.
ShaileshHinge is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th October 2015, 22:50   #2248
BHPian

Hi All,

I drive a 2012 Aug make Rapid Elegance with 32K on the ODO. Few days back I have got my alignment done and during this I have noticed another Rapid getting new set of tyres fitted, during the tyre change I observed that the machine on which they remove the old tyre and install new is causing the alloys to scratch like we hit the pavement while parking. Is this common during tyre change and need to live with it or is there any alternate so that the alloys don't scratch. I am curious to know this as I will soon need to get the same done on my Rapid and don't want to scratches/damage my alloys.
Also as I am due for my third (45K) service next month, appreciate if any one can help share what needs to be checked. I have no issues with my Rapid till date but worried about my injectors as my vehicle is 2012 Aug make.
Old 14th October 2015, 21:02   #2249
BHPian

Hi,

One of my friend is looking for Rapid 1.5 TDI AT(DSG). Are there any ongoing deals/offers in Bangalore?

Any help is appreciated.

Regards,
Rohan
Old 14th October 2015, 23:34   #2250
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shetty_rohan View Post
Hi,

One of my friend is looking for Rapid 1.5 TDI AT(DSG). Are there any ongoing deals/offers in Bangalore?

Any help is appreciated.

Regards,
Rohan
Not sure about Rapid DSG but Vento is having some offers , they are giving 58k worth of accessories kit for around 33k

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks