Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st November 2015, 21:27   #2296
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillsnrains View Post
Fellow rapid owners,
time to renew my car's 5th year insurance policy.
Rapid Elegance, 2011 model
IDV=6,38,949/-
NCB=45%

Bajaj Allianz quote=17k
Royal Sundaram quote =17.8k

Both are zero dep. policies. I have decided to go ahead with Bajaj Allianz.

Can i get any better deal than the above?
Try Tata AIG as well. Once you get an online quote wait for the sales team to give you a call. If you haggle well, most often than not they will work out a better deal than the online quote
suhas_raj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2015, 07:37   #2297
BHPian

Re: Skoda Rapid : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by dspeter View Post
Have you tried Future Generali? I'm sure you will get a lower quote.
My existing policy is with Future Generali and they are least interested in renewing my policy so dropped the idea to continue. Off late I have been hearing bad reviews from friends on Future Genrali.

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhas_raj View Post
Try Tata AIG as well. Once you get an online quote wait for the sales team to give you a call. If you haggle well, most often than not they will work out a better deal than the online quote
TATA AIG guy told that they don't offer zero dep. policy for 5th year. so dropped from the list.

Anyhow thanks for inputs
Old 23rd November 2015, 07:50   #2298
BHPian

I am not sure how Skoda is surviving in India. In Chennai they only have 1 dealer. I asked for a test drive as i was interested in the Automatic Diesel, they mentioned they would arrange and its more than a week and they haven't called back.

The dealer mentioned there is a 1 lac discount or 1 year holiday on EMI. Both the offers were good.

If this is the status for a test drive, can't imagine their support.

Last edited by Chillout : 23rd November 2015 at 07:57.
Old 23rd November 2015, 09:28   #2299
BHPian

Quote:
TATA AIG guy told that they don't offer zero dep. policy for 5th year. so dropped from the list.
My insurance agent offered TATA AIG insurance with zero-dep., engine protection, etc. for my fifth year insurance which is coming up for renewal. So, am sure they do offer zero-dep. for the 5th year. Also, since everyone else does, unlikely they would be the only ones not doing it.
bosporus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2015, 18:37   #2300
BHPian

Quote:

Anyhow thanks for inputs
Quote:
Originally Posted by bosporus View Post
My insurance agent offered TATA AIG insurance with zero-dep., engine protection, etc. for my fifth year insurance which is coming up for renewal. So, am sure they do offer zero-dep. for the 5th year. Also, since everyone else does, unlikely they would be the only ones not doing it.
That is quite strange. Infact, TATA AIG differentiates itself by marketing that they are the only ones to offer zero dep upto 6th year. You may want to recheck that if you are keen to persist with them. They also have some good add ons on their pearl package & quite affordable too.

Are the quotes on aggregation websites like policy bazaar too high ?
suhas_raj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th November 2015, 08:04   #2301
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bosporus View Post
Pardon my ignorance. I have double checked and realized TATA AIG provides zero dep. policy for 5th year. I stand corrected.

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhas_raj View Post
That is quite strange. Infact, TATA AIG differentiates itself by marketing that they are the only ones to offer zero dep upto 6th year.
Are the quotes on aggregation websites like policy bazaar too high ?
Online quotes are around 16K, but they are offering very low IDV (hence less premium). Once I increase the IDV to my required value of 6.38L, premium's jumped to 20K for all insurers (give or take 1K between them).

Mods: Please excuse for taking this thread . Please move the last few conversations to Insurance Query thread if not appropriate here.
Old 25th November 2015, 11:35   #2302
BHPian

Fuel gauge indications disappeared temporarily.

I was driving back from my office in Powai yesterday. I had driven the car for 2 odd kms ( all through B2B traffic). Suddenly i noticed the fuel gauge indications disappearing on the display( Engine was running and i was driving at 10 KMs at this time). I couldnt take a click as i was driving but was kinda wierd. I shut down the car at a traffic signal on IIT main gate and restarted the vehicle and all the indicators on fuel gauge came back. I drove around 25 kms yesterday and around 130 kms today morning to come to Pune but problem not seen again.

Should i be worried ?
Has anyone seen similar issue ?

Note: I had done a full tank right till the brim in the morning and driven around 25 kms in morning.
Old 25th November 2015, 12:15   #2303
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaileshHinge View Post
Fuel gauge indications disappeared temporarily.
Should i be worried ?
Has anyone seen similar issue ?
I have not faced the same thing. But funny/weird things happening on dashboard many times connected to a weak battery. Can you please let us know the vehicle history like age, ODO reading etc.?
Old 25th November 2015, 12:21   #2304
BHPian

2012 Sept Rapid Ambition
Odo - 70,000
New battery - Din 60 Exide Mileage. Replaced about 2 months ago.( no problem in starting the car or any other battery symptoms)
No history of rat mennace on wiring
Replaced both headlight bulbs about 1 month ago with Philips extreme vision+

I am doubting some loose wiring or some rat issue on the fuel gauge wiring. but then it should happen more frequently.
Old 26th November 2015, 07:57   #2305
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaileshHinge View Post
2012 Sept Rapid Ambition
Odo - 70,000
New battery
I am doubting some loose wiring or some rat issue on the fuel gauge wiring. but then it should happen more frequently.
As per limited knowledge, the issue can be either with wiring of fuel gauge or back light of dash board.

Let me ask you one more question; does it became all blank (read no light in background) or gauge showing tank empty (with back light on). This may be a symptom/early signs of dash board failure. If the problem occurs again do visit the ASS at the earliest.

Last edited by hillsnrains : 26th November 2015 at 07:59.
hillsnrains is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th November 2015, 10:27   #2306
BHPian

Quote:
Let me ask you one more question; does it became all blank (read no light in background) or gauge showing tank empty (with back light on).
The backlight was on. I was able to see all other indications clearly. Only the fuel indications went blank. but i may be wrong as i was driving in traffic. Will keep an eye on this.
Thanks mate !

Cheers,
Shailesh.
Old 26th November 2015, 14:16   #2307
BHPian

Received following email from SKODA.

Dear Customer,
We understand how much you love your journeys. At SKODA, we work very hard to make sure that your every drive is hassle-free and memorable. That’s why we bring to you the SKODA Car Care Initiative.
Avail a Free 35 point check up along with some exciting offers on Roadside Assistance and Genuine Spare Parts.

Has anyone used this before ? does it help or do they just run through vehicles ticking off the checkboxes ?
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda Rapid : Test Drive & Review-deleteme.jpg  

Old 29th November 2015, 19:56   #2308
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chillout View Post
I am not sure how Skoda is surviving in India. In Chennai they only have 1 dealer. I asked for a test drive as i was interested in the Automatic Diesel, they mentioned they would arrange and its more than a week and they haven't called back.

The dealer mentioned there is a 1 lac discount or 1 year holiday on EMI. Both the offers were good.

If this is the status for a test drive, can't imagine their support.
+1 on that. They seem to have a very bad attitude issue. Being in the new car lead-gen business, I have seen this first hand. Any lead given is responded in a very lethargic manner and no follows ups if a customer wants a TD after a week or 10 days.
Old 6th December 2015, 02:15   #2309
BHPian

Hi Fellow BHPians,
Need your advice on buying the Skoda Rapid.

I'm interested in the Rapid 1.6 MPI MT (was interested in Vento TSI, but it's slightly out of budget). I'm getting huge discounts by TAFE Access Bangalore, up to 1 Lakh Rupees! (final cost as 10.5 L OTR for Style Plus) provided that I buy it in December.

So, a few questions:
1) Should I wait for a January make car or buy it in December itself? As car prices would increase in January and discounts would no longer be there.

2) How much difference does buying in December vs January the next year has on the resale value? On paper yes, it's a new year, but guessing one month shouldn't make that much difference, or would it?

3) Can I take a temporary registration and register it in 2016? However, from the VIN number, one can easily make out that the car was built in 2015. So will this help?

4) Any ideas if or when Skoda will introduce the European Rapid in India? I'm hearing news that the Fabia may be showcased at the Auto Expo in Feb-2016. So Rapid will not be far behind?

And yes, let me clarify why Skoda Rapid. I researched for a new car all the way from the new Figo to Creta but couldn't find a better built car than the Rapid and Vento. Plus the ride and handling are the best in the segment.
Opted for Rapid over Vento as it has a stiffer suspension, slightly more responsive steering and an extra 5mm of ground clearance over Vento (which could be handy in Bangalore roads). Don't want to go for the diesel engine as my daily running is around 15-20 KMS and not sure how the diesel gate would affect the new cars.
Old 6th December 2015, 09:32   #2310
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhruvhersh View Post
Hi Fellow BHPians,
Need your advice on buying the Skoda Rapid.

I'm interested in the Rapid 1.6 MPI MT (was interested in Vento TSI, but it's slightly out of budget). I'm getting huge discounts by TAFE Access Bangalore, up to 1 Lakh Rupees! (final cost as 10.5 L OTR for Style Plus) provided that I buy it in December.

On point 1 and 2. In general, since on general a Skodas resale value will be low, I don't think you will gain/lose much if you plan to keep the car for a few years. The discount you get now will outweigh any benefit in resale value in my opinion. Also since it is a slow moving car, you may need to wait till Feb or March to be assured of a Jan make car.

The resale value stuff goes on the manufacturer year, but you can always get the registration done in Jan ( you can drive for 1 month on temp regn) so that you can call it a Jan registered car. May be of some help. But not sure if it is worth the hassle.

One last point is that, considering Bangalore traffic and the way it is headed, an automatic is the way to go. It may be worthwhile to see if you can stretch to the Vento Tsi. It will be a boon in our traffic.

Alternatively did you check the Rapid AT. Not a dsg, but a competent one. Assume you will get the same offers.

Edit: There was an ad in the paper a few days back with offers and new features - Buy in 2015 and pay in 2017 offer and below features.

Automatic Rain Sensing Wipers
Auto Dimming Inside Mirror
Electrically foldable mirrors

Assume this is part of the Style Plus variant you mentioned. And you are getting the offer ( if you are taking a loan)

Last edited by Rajeevraj : 6th December 2015 at 09:37.
Rajeevraj is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks