Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 23rd January 2018, 10:40   #2761
Senior - BHPian

Re: Skoda Rapid : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by torque18 View Post
I got the air filter replaced last week only during service.
Also, the gear oil was changed.
Did your problems started after replacing the air filter, or was it there before? In case after, then check the air filter. I once changed the air filter during service, and FE dropped. On checking it was found that the air filter was wet and collected a lot of muck.
Old 23rd January 2018, 10:55   #2762
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrman View Post
Have they done the emission software update? That may be one of the reasons.
No I stood there on the floor just to ensure that it's not done. Ultimately they made me sign on my refusal.

So that's out too.

Should I be worried about the clutch? No slippage at all though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aroy View Post
Did your problems started after replacing the air filter, or was it there before? In case after, then check the air filter. I once changed the air filter during service, and FE dropped. On checking it was found that the air filter was wet and collected a lot of muck.
It did start after the change. However I did Allahabad-chandigarh after the change and there wasn't any issue. I only started feeling it once I started moving towards the hills.

I will check the air filter still.

However, wouldn't it have been felt on the flat roads also if the culprit is the air filter? And will it only be in the first-second gear?

Last edited by ajmat : 23rd January 2018 at 12:41.
Old 15th February 2018, 16:36   #2763
BHPian

How much tire pressure do you maintain in the tires? My tire size is stock 195/55 16” (2017 DSG facelift). The sticker on the fuel lid recommend rather high tire pressures. They recommend 38PSI for front and 39 for rear for 5 people with luggage. And 38 for front and 35 for rear for 2 people. Attached the pic for reference.
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda Rapid : Test Drive & Review-1ee3680088e1458eaf0cb6d12d6760bd.jpeg  

Last edited by Brigadier : 15th February 2018 at 16:37.
Old 28th February 2018, 22:00   #2764
BHPian

Got the 5th yearly service done for my 1.6 TDi last week, car has run 48000 Kms. Bill came to Rs.12000 including the standard filter/oil changes and a interior cleanup. The bill is not bad considering my Getz's 5th year service left me poorer by ~Rs.50000 after a suspension and silencer overhaul.

There were a couple of issues I wanted checked beforehand:
1. Light noise under load and half clutch
2. Brake judder, which had appeared a couple of years back too

I was not able to reproduce the clutch noise no matter what incline and RPM the SA tried. The final verdict after the check up was that there is no apparent issue there.

Brake judder has reduced now, mostly cleanup of the brakes. Have been told that the current pads will last for another 8000 Kms.

Downside is that I agreed for the emmision related ECU update. Car does feel less punchy in the mid-range now :(. Though I don't know how much of that is imaginary and how much real .
Old 4th April 2018, 20:32   #2765
BHPian

Anyone knows what is this? It has come off loose in my car.

It's below RHS headlamps.

Skoda Rapid : Test Drive & Review-vpld8717.jpeg

Last edited by 500ContyCruiser : 4th April 2018 at 20:51.
Old 5th April 2018, 08:56   #2766
Senior - BHPian

I think this is a part of the head light angle adjuster assembly. These parts are prone to damage only during collisions.
deehunk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th April 2018, 21:59   #2767
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brigadier View Post
How much tire pressure do you maintain in the tires? My tire size is stock 195/55 16” (2017 DSG facelift). The sticker on the fuel lid recommend rather high tire pressures. They recommend 38PSI for front and 39 for rear for 5 people with luggage. And 38 for front and 35 for rear for 2 people. Attached the pic for reference.
That is indeed a rather high figure. Recommended tyre pressure in my Vento TSI is 31 psi front and 29 rear, if I remember correctly. I usually maintain 30 front and rear. There would not be much weight difference between Vento and Rapid, except for diesel engine in yours.
Old 9th April 2018, 23:56   #2768
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deehunk View Post
I think this is a part of the head light angle adjuster assembly. These parts are prone to damage only during collisions.
Thanks. My car never had any collision. Will check with service center.
Old 12th April 2018, 22:53   #2769
BHPian

i have a sept 2012 rapid 1.6 TDI, done 1,12,000 Kms.

today while returning from office an yellow blinking "coil" kind of light started to blink. It was continuously blinking all through my 20 kms drive. Didnt have any difference in the drive. Seems like a lose wire or the glove plugs are gone bad to me.

i will go to the service station on Saturday, as i have to be in office tomorrow.

But then has anyone experienced this before ? Will help me diagnose quickly if someone has faced this issue. am uploading a photo of the light here. ( it was blinking)
Please guide.
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda Rapid : Test Drive & Review-img_e25331.jpg  

Last edited by ShaileshHinge : 12th April 2018 at 23:04. Reason: specified it was a diesel
Old 12th April 2018, 23:53   #2770
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaileshHinge View Post

today while returning from office an yellow blinking "coil" kind of light started to blink. It was continuously blinking all through my 20 kms drive. Didnt have any difference in the drive. Seems like a lose wire or the glove plugs are gone bad to me.

i will go to the service station on Saturday, as i have to be in office tomorrow.

But then has anyone experienced this before ? Will help me diagnose quickly if someone has faced this issue. am uploading a photo of the light here. ( it was blinking)
Please guide.
One of the glow plugs have probably gone kaput. I am guessing here because I had the same issue in the Vista. There will not be an issue if you continue to drive the car.
bigben is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th April 2018, 07:03   #2771
BHPian

Hi Friends,
I have a 2015 Skoda Rapid Diesel DSG. Since yesterday the following message "INSP" is displayed on MID. My 3rd service is overdue by a week now. Could that be the reason? Your comments are appreciated.

Thanks
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda Rapid : Test Drive & Review-whatsapp-image-20180412-23.50.19.jpeg  

Old 13th April 2018, 07:27   #2772
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiran_cr View Post
Hi Friends,
I have a 2015 Skoda Rapid Diesel DSG. Since yesterday the following message "INSP" is displayed on MID. My 3rd service is overdue by a week now. Could that be the reason? Your comments are appreciated.

Thanks
Yes, that is the reason. Get it done without much delay especially if you have extended warranty
Old 13th April 2018, 11:19   #2773
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiran_cr View Post
Hi Friends,

Thanks
yes thats the reason !
Old 13th April 2018, 11:21   #2774
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaileshHinge View Post

Please guide.
****UPDATE****

The light didnt come up today morning in my 25 kms drive to office.

I opened the bonnet this morning before cranking the engine. Saw some mouse foot marks in dust on the engine cover. I just moved all cables that are visible and kind of replugged all male-female sockets. dont know which ones were lose though. but seems to have done the trick for now. Will watch this for a couple of days before i say that it was some cable somewhere.
Old 28th April 2018, 16:44   #2775
BHPian

I got the ecu update done recently on my 2012 TDi Rapid.
I am noticing idling rpm increasing to 1000 rpm sometimes and staying at 750 otherwise.
Is this normal?
This was not the case before the update.
Should I be concerned?

Most Viewed