Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd May 2018, 10:23   #2776
BHPian

Re: Skoda Rapid : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by manas27587 View Post
I am noticing idling rpm increasing to 1000 rpm sometimes and staying at 750 otherwise.
Should be stable all the time. if this is happening, take the car back to the service center. dont see a need to go immediately but then soon enough that you get it done for free from them, as you will have to tell them this is a side effect of the upgrade.
Old 3rd May 2018, 14:11   #2777
BHPian

My Skoda Rapid is due for service in the next 15 days. Could anyone from Chennai area please recommend me a Service Adviser at Gurudev Motors, Chennai?
Old 3rd May 2018, 19:06   #2778
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manas27587 View Post
I got the ecu update done recently on my 2012 TDi Rapid.
I am noticing idling rpm increasing to 1000 rpm sometimes and staying at 750 otherwise.
Is this normal?
This was not the case before the update.
Should I be concerned?
How old is your battery? I had the same inconsistent idle RPM in my Rapid when the battery was dying. A new battery fixed it.
Also, my car's ECU got updated (downgraded engine ) early this year and I have not noticed any change in idle RPM. The bad part post update is the lack of punch in 2nd and 3rd gear mostly. I feel the ECU has been tuned towards efficiency rather than performance since the mileage has increased by ~1Kmpl post the update! I used to get 15Kmpl on average but now see close to 16Kmpl consistently in city traffic.
Old 3rd May 2018, 19:08   #2779
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaileshHinge View Post
****UPDATE****

The light didnt come up today morning in my 25 kms drive to office.

I opened the bonnet this morning before cranking the engine. Saw some mouse foot marks in dust on the engine cover. I just moved all cables that are visible and kind of replugged all male-female sockets. dont know which ones were lose though. but seems to have done the trick for now. Will watch this for a couple of days before i say that it was some cable somewhere.
Must be a loose connection if engine performance is normal. I had the same warning light come up last year and it turned out to be bad contact when I took it to service center. If you have an OBD scanner, the error message mentions 'intermittent' which apparently indicates a loose connection.
nma83 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th May 2018, 11:28   #2780
BHPian

Engine timing belt replace query.

My 2012 TDI Rapid has done 115000 kms. the Engine timing belt replace is due at 120000 Kms. initial quote i got from the ASS is 45K. outside it can be done in 12K. But i am not sure if i should do it outside given its engine work. But 25K is a lot of money to make me think. So i have following questions.

1) has anyone done this at ASS and how much did it cost ?
2) how engaged is the work to get it done outside. I dont want to risk it outside ( even though i have a mechanic who has done it for many Vento/Polo/ Rapids) if the work involves a lot of refitting.
3) Is it a chain or a belt. if its a chain - can i risk it running longer without the replace. i know of a Fabia running on original timing belt with an odo reading 140000.

Clutch query.
I am running on the original clutch till now and no symptoms of it deteriorating yet( touchwood). But i still did enquire at ASS for the quote and got a 70K quote . sounds really high to me. Has anyone done this and knows what the quote should be ?

one a side note - i did the full suspension overhaul outside and got it done for less than 25K and its work absolutely fine for me. But then this was fairly easy work to be done. Not sure of the engine work hence the query.
Old 13th June 2018, 23:08   #2781
BHPian

Dear all,
My 2014 Rapid 1.6 TDI is due for its 4th year 60000 KM service, current odo stands at 50000, I have a list of repairs that being planned right now apart from the obvious periodic maintenance and change of oils.
Apart from this, I would like to take a few suggestions on the other works that I intend to carry out. Do note that there has not been a single part change till date!

1)Battery output has gone low, car struggles to crank at times. got checked at a battery shop and found the output to be low.
2)Complete suspension overhaul as there is excess noise while going over speed breakers and she does not feel as tight as before.
3)Gearbox oil change
4)Radiator flush and coolant replacement
5)New set of tyres, as the current ones have very little life left in them.
6)Brake Discs and pads replacement

Apart from the above, is there anything that I would need to look into?
I'm expecting a huge bill but I do not mind, She's been running like a horse since day one and I intend to keep her for a very long time.
Thanks in advance!
Old 14th June 2018, 00:14   #2782
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dushyanth View Post
1)Battery output has gone low, car struggles to crank at times. got checked at a battery shop and found the output to be low.
Given the kms driven and age, could be very well be possible. Go for Amaron battery.

Quote:
2)Complete suspension overhaul as there is excess noise while going over speed breakers and she does not feel as tight as before.
Replace what is needed after inspection. Else Workshop may replace what not even needed.

Quote:
3)Gearbox oil change
Is it a DSG? If it is a Manual, no oil change required.

Quote:
4)Radiator flush and coolant replacement
Coolant is filled for life. There is NO replacement required OR any Radiator Flush.

Simply top up to MAX mark.

Quote:
6)Brake Discs and pads replacement
Inspect to ascertain pads and disc thickness before replacing.
Old 16th June 2018, 01:01   #2783
BHPian

I have Rapid TDI DSG. Need to replace battery. Should I go for Exide or Amaron? Also 66 AH or 74AH. I have heavy duty music sysyem attached along with reverse camera HID etc.

Car is only 30 Months old. Really surprised battery has gone so soon. Is that normal?
Old 16th June 2018, 20:27   #2784
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by heydj View Post
I have Rapid TDI DSG. Need to replace battery. Should I go for Exide or Amaron? Also 66 AH or 74AH. I have heavy duty music sysyem attached along with reverse camera HID etc.

Car is only 30 Months old. Really surprised battery has gone so soon. Is that normal?
Battery would be in Warranty. Kindly check with the service station. You might be in for a free replacement.
ShaileshHinge is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2018, 09:40   #2785
BHPian

Can someone help me with the coolant type/details for Skoda Rapid diesel DSG? It is 2015 model and we have lost the car manual and hence need to know the type of coolant.

Also, where can I buy it? I guess service centre folks may not sell it off the counter.

Any help is much appreciated.
Old 22nd June 2018, 10:39   #2786
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_skyliner View Post
Can someone help me with the coolant type/details for Skoda Rapid diesel DSG? It is 2015 model and we have lost the car manual and hence need to know the type of coolant.

Also, where can I buy it? I guess service centre folks may not sell it off the counter.

Any help is much appreciated.
I think this is the manual for your MY. You can check on other manuals as well on this site if this isn't the one you looking for.

http://www.skoda-auto.co.in/aid/owne...E&gclsrc=aw.ds
Shome is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2018, 14:21   #2787
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by heydj View Post

The batteries usually last for around 3 years at max. I have changed battery twice in 7 years for my Skoda Fabia. Skoda gives one year as warranty for the battery. Still you can check with the service center once.
Old 23rd June 2018, 19:36   #2788
BHPian

My friend owns a skoda rapid 1.6tdi 2013 model with 110000km on the odo.
Suddenly these two lights flashes in his speedometer console.
After taking the car to workshop, they are saying that the egr valve needs to be replaced and this will cost around 55-60k(approx) according to the authorised service centre.
While driving the car, the power of the car was reduced significantly, specially after the 2k rpm mark.
Should he get it replaced from the company or there are any good repair shop who has knowledge about egr components of the car.
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda Rapid : Test Drive & Review-img20180621wa0011.jpg  

Old 24th June 2018, 01:00   #2789
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarmac.terrorist View Post
My friend owns a skoda rapid 1.6tdi 2013 model with 110000km on the odo.

Should he get it replaced from the company or there are any good repair shop who has knowledge about egr components of the car.
One option is to off EGR turned off by remap/tuning. Will cost your friend Rs. 5,000 or lesser and car will breathe only fresh air. No exhaust gas recirculation EGR.

Another option is to have the EGR cleaned at VW Workshop, if they agree or at a FNG.
Old 29th June 2018, 13:49   #2790
BHPian

My friend got his car's egr cleaned up from outside. But the light is still glowing and after scanning the fault code is coming out to be P040300.
The authorised workshop is saying that complete egr system needs to be replaced worth ₹63k approx. What can be done in this case?
He is from Delhi, so kindly suggest a good yet reasonable workshop that can perform this task.
Any help would be really appreciated.
Thank you in advance.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks