Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th March 2021, 11:08   #2941
BHPian

Re: Skoda Rapid : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackbandit View Post
There would be healthy amount of fuel whenever this happened. He told me when it occurred today, he was driving back from mangalore to Bangalore the entire drive was smooth and uneventful but once he entered the city the issue cropped up again. After that the issue cropped up for every kilometre or so and he had close to half tank fuel. Then he had to leave the car at his friends place because it was not drivable and he was late to office. When he went back to collect the car in the evening it drove perfectly fine again.
Could be an issue with the notorious ABS sensor, my car went into limp mode once when the sensor went kaput. It should have thrown up an error code and the ABS light should have come on. But you can still ask him to get it checked.
Old 4th March 2021, 16:04   #2942
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kosfactor View Post
Considering its age, let's check the simpler things.

1. Battery testing and terminal to be tightened.
2. Alternator testing.
3. Clutch.
All these have already been checked for. And the old owner has already done a full clutch overhaul and the battery as well is less than a year old. So all these issues are ruled out. It's like a mystery even for the service centre folks. They changed the catcon suspecting it to be the issue but that dint solve it either. My friend is planning to show the car at any trusted FNG as a final hope to get things sorted. Any one know good FNGs for Skoda Service in Bangalore ?
Old 4th March 2021, 16:16   #2943
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackbandit View Post
All these have already been checked for. And the old owner has already done a full clutch overhaul and the battery as well is less than a year old. So all these issues are ruled out. It's like a mystery even for the service centre folks. They changed the catcon suspecting it to be the issue but that dint solve it either. My friend is planning to show the car at any trusted FNG as a final hope to get things sorted. Any one know good FNGs for Skoda Service in Bangalore ?
There are a few threads about FNGs specializing in VAG cars like this one.

FNG (Multi-Brand Car Service : Carsmith Motors (Bangalore))

The last time I heard of such a mystery it was the crank position sensor \ injectors, I hope its something simpler and cheaper.
Kosfactor is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 9th March 2021, 09:44   #2944
BHPian

Hi all,

I got my Rapid 1.6 MPI BS4 Monte Carlo AT in Jan 2020. I am facing an issue related to the music system from day 1.

For the FM radio channels (98.3 in particular), the reception is very week. When the car was sent for first service in Dec 2020, I has asked the service team to check this, and they confirmed that everything is fine.

I was facing the same issue in my earlier car (Rapid 1.6 MPI BS4 MT - 2012) as well, but since that car was having an aftermarket music system, I ignored it.

I have tried parking / driving other vehicles in the same locations at the same time, and checking the reception for FM channels, but in all those vehicles, the reception is perfect.

Is any one facing this issue? If yes, how was it rectified.

Look forward to your advices. Thank you
Old 11th July 2021, 02:43   #2945
BHPian

Cost of Bonnet Replacement for Skoda Rapid

Hello Everyone,

The bonnet of my car (Skoda rapid 2016) got damaged by a tree that fell on it. I got it fixed at nearest authorised Skoda service centre in Pune and this is the overall cost -

Bonnet replacement part - Approx. Rs 7000 (without GST)
Labour Charge (Repainting & attaching) - Approx. 11000 (without GST)

Also some extra cost for Skoda logo and wiper replacement

So Skoda sells the replacement Bonnet for around 7k but it has to be painted to match my car's colour i.e. Carbon steel which costs more than the bonnet. Is this normal or too overpriced(labour charge)?

Any idea if cost would have been less if the car was some other brand like Honda City or a Hyundai. Some how I think getting a repair job at Skoda service centres is too costly.

Note - I am no expert
Old 25th August 2021, 16:57   #2946
BHPian

Re: Cost of Bonnet Replacement for Skoda Rapid

Quote:
Originally Posted by sat123 View Post
Hello Everyone,

Any idea if cost would have been less if the car was some other brand like Honda City or a Hyundai. Some how I think getting a repair job at Skoda service centres is too costly.

Note - I am no expert
Though a bit late to reply, but for sure the charges are very high, if it is a insurance claim and you are getting it under Zero depreciation then it is fine as you don't have to pay from your pocket.

In my case when my polo got a dent plus scratch on the rear fender and as i enquired to get it repaired, the quote given by VW was 10k and at a reliable FNG it was 4.5k. Finally i decided to live with it as it was not that major damage.
any23 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th September 2021, 16:15   #2947

Hi guys, my first post on TeamBHP and I had a few doubts.
I recently bought a used Skoda Rapid 1.5TDI. The car is running smooth but there's a peculiar issue that's nagging me.

There's a whistling noise that comes when I accelerate, and it comes specifically between 100km/hr and 120km/hr. Post this the noise disappears. It seems to be coming from the front left part of the car.

I showed this to PPS Skoda and they are saying it's because the clutch is worn out and needs to be overhauled. However, the car has clocked just 51,000 odd. Isn't this a little early for a clutch overhaul?

Also asked a local mechanic over phone( haven't shown him the car yet ) and he said it might be due to a leak in the intercooler hose.

Please advice.
Old 7th September 2021, 16:48   #2948
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneseventyseven View Post
There's a whistling noise that comes when I accelerate, and it comes specifically between 100km/hr and 120km/hr. Post this the noise disappears. It seems to be coming from the front left part of the car.

Please advice.
Please check whether all the wheel well linings (the plastic covers covering the bare metal body and the wheels) are in good shape and ensure that the mud guard isn't broken. Sounds stupid but when the mud guards in our car broke, it sounded like a passenger jet was about to take off while traveling over 100kmph

If all this is fine, you may want to check the other stuff.

But are you sure it's not the regular turbo spooling sound?
Turbohead is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 7th September 2021, 17:05   #2949

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbohead View Post
Please check whether all the wheel well linings (the plastic covers covering the bare metal body and the wheels) are in good shape and ensure that the mud guard isn't broken.
Will check. Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbohead View Post
But are you sure it's not the regular turbo spooling sound?
Actually this is my first turbo car so I'm not exactly sure what the regular turbo spooling sounds like. But, if it was the regular turbo sound, shouldn't it be coming at all speeds once the turbo kicks in? It won't be coming only at specific speeds. Is that correct?
Old 10th September 2021, 11:29   #2950
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Actually this is my first turbo car so I'm not exactly sure what the regular turbo spooling sounds like. But, if it was the regular turbo sound, shouldn't it be coming at all speeds once the turbo kicks in? It won't be coming only at specific speeds. Is that correct?
There is a whine at certain RPMs which I can't recollect now since I'm used to it.

Maybe you'll have to get it recorded and post it here or drive another car to confirm whether this is normal or something to be worried about.
Old 10th September 2021, 22:17   #2951
BHPian

Hi

Anybody here faced notchy gearshifts in their TDi? My 2012 car is at the 100k mark with clutch work done around 95k mark. I had got the gear oil changed at 80k mark 3years back. Not recommended but it made a world of difference upon change.

Of late, i feel the gearshifts, particularly from 1-2 and 3-4 are squeaky and notchy and it's ruining the whole experience.

Any idea what could be the issue here?
Old 13th September 2021, 22:40   #2952
BHPian

Quote:
Hi guys, my first post on TeamBHP and I had a few doubts.
I recently bought a used Skoda Rapid 1.5TDI. The car is running smooth but there's a peculiar issue that's nagging me.

I showed this to PPS Skoda and they are saying it's because the clutch is worn out and needs to be overhauled. However, the car has clocked just 51,000 odd. Isn't this a little early for a clutch overhaul?

Also asked a local mechanic over phone( haven't shown him the car yet ) and he said it might be due to a leak in the intercooler hose.

Please advice.
Hi,

Can you please check and confirm if this noise is coming when climbing up the ramps or while reversing up the road/ramps.
I had similar issue when my vehicle was at 37K on the ODO and had to get the clutch, release bearing, flywheel replaced. Currently my vehicle is at 97K on the ODO and running fine without any issue.
Old 24th September 2021, 08:13   #2953
BHPian

Hi All. Need help with installing felt liners in glove box, Cup holders and other cubby holes in my Skoda Rapid (2016) TDI 1.5. I am in Bangalore (Kadugodi).

I have tried finding rubberized mats for these cubby holes but could not find anywhere, as if I cannot find anyone for installing lining, I would be okay with these too.

If anyone knows about any shop who install this in Bangalore, it would be great.

Thanks
Old 5th October 2021, 13:22   #2954

Bidding Adieu to my 2014 Skoda Rapid 1.6 Petrol MT

It’s time to go but not before a chronicle

I have always wanted to contribute to TBHP in return of the immense knowledge gained via all of your posts(special note for Knightrider and his Gollum way back in 2013). It’s time for my Skoda Rapid (2014) to go and I thought of using this opportunity to write a really long term ownership review.

It is important to know where I came from to understand my experience today. I had owned a Matiz and a Ford Figo before the Rapid. My buying decisions have been predominantly based on family comfort, safety, ride and handling.

It’s 2014 and in comes my Rapid 1.6 naturally aspirated petrol trim (Elegance Ultima). The Ultima was really a marketing campaign with a few stickers and a rear view camera. But my buying decisions were based on the same parameters – family comfort, safety, ride, handling with an added parameter of bootspace because our family was growing. Moreover, I didn’t feel the need to leave every other car behind when the signal turned green. To add to it, I really dig the way Skoda vehicles look – from Octavia to Rapid to Yeti to Kodiaq to Kushaq – lot of character without the need of much chrome 😊 I was warned duly of the notoriety of Skoda service but I thought to myself – I have to go through the hassle once a year atmost for such a car, so ‘parvagilla’ (one of the 1st words you will learn after landing in Bengaluru)

The booking and delivery experience was seamless. No complaints. Ride quality and handling was amazing almost giving you the sense – you have arrived. The initial 3 years only saw me drive 12000 KM because of frequent travels. The odometer reads 45000 KM today after 7 and a half years and that tells the tale to an extent. But I have taken the Rapid for quite a few long trips – Mysuru, Bandipura, Masinagudi, Ooty, Coonoor, Chikmagalur, Goa and mega 1948 km one-way run to Kolkata last December.

Here’s my feedback of owing a Skoda Rapid:

1. Good Performance: Just as needed. On highways, I never saw many cars overtake me if I didn’t want them to . The engine isn’t built for such aggression though. Acceleration is fair. The fun part is in between 60 – 120 kmph. Again, these parameters were never part of my decision criteria anyway.

2. Planted Drive: I have driven over bad roads and over highways and over the hilly humps in Bangalore city. The car has always remained planted and has never dented my confidence. Moreover, the steering behaves amazingly well in low-speed city traffic and high-speed highway drives – light at low speeds and weighs up at high speeds. I am sceptic if any other car will ever be able to deliver this confidence for me. While coming back from Kolkata to Bangalore earlier this year, I was able to maintain fairly high speeds (someone in TBHP recently referred to the fastest train in India ?) for about 40 minutes. Super sturdy steering, fantastic feedback and the best part – family didn’t feel a thing throughout the entire stretch.

3. After sales: I have always serviced my car from the authorized service center. Yearly service routine cost 7k-9k on an average (cheaper than many). Quality of Service isn’t bad but isn’t something to write home about – ‘wokay only’. I have seen them improve a lot but the network sure needs to expand. The technicians aren’t consistent. If anything happens outside normal service routine, they have to call some sort of Skoda command center in Chennai to understand the next steps, etc.

Repairs required so far:
A. Disc replaced (5000 km): Replaced free of cost because I had complained about a braking noise almost after buying. (Costs ~1000 each)
B. Clutch plate replaced (39000 km): ~ INR 5000 for the assembly
C. Flywheel (40000 km): INR 11000
D. Ignition starter motor (43000 km): INR 12000
E. Battery replaced (32000 km)
F. Accident repair – Left 2 doors denting & painting, Right driver side door denting and painting, Left quarter panel, front bumper replacement, and a few consumables – INR 74,000
4. All is not good: I have had a few issues which I didn’t expect to happen with a Skoda and after regular servicing from authorized service centers.

a. Engine heating up. Within the 1st 5000 kilometers I had been to Bandipura. After travelling for just 30 odd KMs, AC was cutoff without any temperature light being shown. I immediately stopped the car and opened the bonnet to see smoke from the coolant tank. Had to wait for 20 minutes and top the coolant with mineral water that I had handy. Uneventful journey from there on. In another time and another trip, I was coming back from Mysuru when the same thing happened. When I reported this issue to Skoda service center, they couldn’t find anything and just replaced the coolant. It happened for the 3rd time last year on my way to Kolkata, just before Vizag. This time I took the car to Kolkata Skoda service center where they used a pressure gauge to diagnose a problem in the coolant tank itself which was replaced immediately. Haven’t faced the issue again but time may prove me wrong

b. SA responsiveness or lack of it. No matter how much you tell the SA (atleast the guys in Tafe, Bangalore) about specific problems, they manage to use their lens of standard service without much investigation. Not a good thing to happen for a brand which is investing heavily in an ‘Indian Story’

All in all, a great overall experience. I am sure Skoda will improve further as they increase the customer touch points across the country and continue to invest on customer satisfaction.
BenglurianBHP is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th November 2021, 13:55   #2955

Hi All,

I own a skoda rapid diesel 1.5L with 60k on the odo and 7 years old.

I have been noticing the fan noise to be extremely high and it keeps running most of the time when engine is on and runs for a while after the engine is switched off. Also I have issues with AC which doesn't cool as soon as I start the car.

I'm actually not been able to reproduce the AC problem when I tried explaining it to the service centre guys.

It provides cooling most of the times but not in few occasions.

I got it checked with one of the local AC service centre guy who said that the compressor need to be replaced and will cost 20k.

A.S.S said there is a malfunction in the fan as per their system diagnosis and this needs to be changed. The cost of the fan will be around 17k is what I understand.

Also A.S.S states that as per their experience by changing the fan the entire issue will be fixed.

Not sure what to do. I'm fully confused.

Can someone pls guide.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks