Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th October 2012, 18:48   #241
Senior - BHPian

NANO Special Edition for some States??

The official Tata NANO website mentions that for the month of October,
the states West Bengal, Karnataka, Gujarat, Maharashtra, Goa, Kerala, Assam, Arunachal Pradesh, Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Nagaland, Tripura and Sikkim, Tata Motors is offering a Nano Special Edition, with Alloy Wheels, Blaupunkt Music System, Glove Box and Bodyside Decals as standard fitment.

Does anyone have any pictures of these add-on's? Are they OE fitted or dealer end fitments?

Website also mentions that this model is not available in other states of India. Why this discrimination ? If the additions are as what is listed above at the same price of the NANO Top end it makes for a fantastic entry level car. Better value than even the just launched New Alto 800cc

Link:
http://tatanano.com/current_offers.htm
Old 16th October 2012, 19:37   #242
BHPian

Re: NANO Special Edition for some States??

^^ There is indeed an offer going on in Pune. had been to Pandit auto a couple of days back. The rep said it is a Dusherra offer with lockable driver side glove box, Alloy wheels, Side decals (which to me looked good!), a music system with two front speakers.

Best thing is, it does not come at a cost. the existing prices hold!

Not to mention the other usual discounts going on. (Corporate disc, exchange bonus kinda stuff)

Cheers!
Old 16th October 2012, 19:52   #243
BHPian

Re: NANO Special Edition for some States??

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjab View Post
Does anyone have any pictures of these add-on's? Are they OE fitted or dealer end fitments?
Link:
http://tatanano.com/current_offers.htm

You can see images here - http://goaonwheels.com/upcoming-mode...l-edition-soon

Tata Nano : Test Drive & Review-nanospecialedition1.jpg

Image courtesy above site.
sachinayak is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th October 2012, 23:09   #244
BHPian

Re: Tata Nano : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjab View Post
Tata Motors is offering a Nano Special Edition, with Alloy Wheels, Blaupunkt Music System, Glove Box and Bodyside Decals as standard fitment.
I am also on a lookout for a budget car for my wife and the Nano LX fits the scheme so far. For last 2 hrs I have been reading this review and have read almost each line through the last 17 pages.

The above offer seems like an icing on the cake. I may be going to the dealer on Saturday to confirm the deal. I test drove a Nano some 6 months back when I was planning to buy the car, but due to some other commitments, dropped the idea. And I did not liked the car much at that time. perhaps expectations were too high. I drive an Elantra otherwise.
After reading the excellent review from GTO, I am inclined towards giving it another shot and budget wise also it fits the bill.

Certain points that I need expert's advice.

1. I was sceptical about the different tyre size and the very thin front. However after understanding understeer/oversteer logic, it makes sense to have this arrangement. However, I am still inclined towards having wider tyres at the rear atleast. Can I change that to 165/60 R12. This does not change the overall tyre size, but infact brings front and rear size differnce much closer. The total change in under 2%.
135/70 = 94.5
155/65 = 100.75
165/60 = 99

Can this be done on OEM Alloys ? I will surely get the Alloys for the car. you may call it a fetish, but I am always inclined towards Alloys and wider tyres .

2. Other than OEM alloys, what are the other companies providing the alloys for Nano. This being 3 bolt design, may have to scout a lot for the designs. Can someone publish the rim size from the Nano Manual.

3. I have seen a few Nano's with ugly looking speakers fitted on the dashboard. I certainly need a Radio/MP3 player in the car, but those speakers' position is yukk... what are the other possible places for speakers in the car. I am okay with even small size speakers.. don't need much boom boom effect.. can these be fitted in doors ? or the rear tray. how about wiring ?

4. I remember from my previous TD with Nano, I saw a lot of hanging wires, these were an eye sore. Wonder why there is such a shabby job. How much do cable ties cost.. Has anyone had any trouble with those hanging wires ? I will certainly get those stickered some where away from eyes.

5. I believe the LX version comes with a manual central locking ? if not can a remote central locking be installed ?

6. Does the car have manual child safety locks on the rear doors. This is a must and could even be a deal breaker for me. Most of the time, kids will occupy the rear seat.

7. Are these any speculation of Nano 2013 with Power Steering and Disc brakes / ABS ?

If not a regular feature, Tata can still think of launching another variant on top of LX with PS, Disc brakes etc and price it little higher. Looking at the sales for LX version as compared to base and CX, they should have thought about this seriously..

Last edited by mittal_v2002 : 18th October 2012 at 23:12.
Old 19th October 2012, 11:14   #245
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mittal_v2002 View Post
3. I have seen a few Nano's with ugly looking speakers fitted on the dashboard. I certainly need a Radio/MP3 player in the car, but those speakers' position is yukk... what are the other possible places for speakers in the car. I am okay with even small size speakers.. don't need much boom boom effect.. can these be fitted in doors ? or the rear tray. how about wiring ?
Please check out the Nano special edition with 2 speakers fitted on dash. This is available in Kerala as per the news paper advt. Not sure about your city
Tata Nano : Test Drive & Review-nanoadvt.jpg
teamveevee is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th October 2012, 12:21   #246
BHPian

Would really love to see a picture of the new Dash with the Speakers and the Glove box both being offered on the Special edition.

I would have hopped over to my local dealer but the offer is not being given in Chennai / Tamil Nadu.

If any of the bhpians are going to be swinging by a Tata Showroom, please do snag a picture of the new Dash setup
Old 19th October 2012, 13:04   #247
BHPian

I do hope that they sell the Audio system as an accessory for previous gen Nanos.
I really want to install some decent music system but not gone ahead for the warranty issues.
Any info?
Old 19th October 2012, 13:37   #248
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by teamveevee View Post
Please check out the Nano special edition with 2 speakers fitted on dash. This is available in Kerala as per the news paper advt. Not sure about your city
Attachment 1002453
thanks buddy ..
Can someone translate the adv for me . I thought in the special edition they are providing Glove box on the dash and what I saw on the following link, means that there is no space left on the dash board for speakers so speakers must be fitted else where.

http://goaonwheels.com/wp-content/up...ition-dash.jpg

Cheers..
Old 19th October 2012, 22:49   #249
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
thanks buddy ..
Can someone translate the adv for me .
Cheers..
Details are in this tata nano website link [http://tatanano.com/special-edition.htm]
The Special Edition Nano is available only in West Bengal, Karnataka, Gujarat, Maharashtra, Goa, Kerela, Assam, Sikkim, Arunachal Pradesh, Nagaland, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Manipur and Tripura.
Old 19th October 2012, 23:02   #250
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sreedotk View Post
Would really love to see a picture of the new Dash with the Speakers and the Glove box both being offered on the Special edition.
I happened to see the new Nanos parked at the local TASS when I got my Nano there for some work. The dashboard holds the glove boxes, on both driver and passenger side. I didn't spot any speakers on the dash. As someone already confirmed, after the glove boxes are fitted, there's no space left for speakers, at least on the dashboard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by avingodb View Post
I do hope that they sell the Audio system as an accessory for previous gen Nanos.
I really want to install some decent music system but not gone ahead for the warranty issues.
Any info?
The 2012 Nanos do have the music system as an accessory, so wonder why the same cannot be fitted to the previous gen ones. Please check with your dealer, it couldn't be much different than the 2012 ones.

Quote:
... I will surely get the Alloys for the car. you may call it a fetish, but I am always inclined towards Alloys and wider tyres .
The limited edition offer has alloy wheels on the Nano. They do look cool, so I doubt if you would need to scout for after-market ones.

Quote:
Front speakers could be fitted "under" the dashboard, as per what my dealer's accessory guy told me. It could take 4" ones easily and 5" with a pinch. The rear tray can easily take 5" ones. If you aren't an audio freak, having just two rear speakers should be good enough. Get it done at the dealer's, or better still, grab the limited edition Nano and you shouldn't have to worry.

Quote:
5. I believe the LX version comes with a manual central locking ? if not can a remote central locking be installed ?
It does, and you can fit remote locking as an accessory.

Quote:
6. Does the car have manual child safety locks on the rear doors. This is a must and could even be a deal breaker for me. Most of the time, kids will occupy the rear seat.
Honestly I haven't checked it yet. Will try and remember that and post it back here.

Quote:
7. Are these any speculation of Nano 2013 with Power Steering and Disc brakes / ABS ?
Forget it. There's no space for a PS pump. There's no space for a disc brake setup. Please remember the Nano is a rear wheel drive car.

And who needs PS and ABS anyway? The steering, once you cross 5kmph is super easy, and the brakes do a good job of stopping the car.

Quote:
If not a regular feature, Tata can still think of launching another variant on top of LX with PS, Disc brakes etc and price it little higher. Looking at the sales for LX version as compared to base and CX, they should have thought about this seriously..
Yeah, it seems they thought about it seriously and then decided not to offer it. I mean, it would mean another nanovation to fit the power steering and ABS into this car. The rear wheel drive and front wheel steering setup with the miniature hood and a nearly absent boot kinda cramps the whole setup.

And let me repeat: You don't need it!
Old 20th October 2012, 14:31   #251
BHPian

Thanks HoneyBee.

Just coming back from TATA showroom. This is what I noticed in the limited edition.

1. Dashboard is consumed by the glove boxes. The one parked there had Beige interior, but black glove box, that was looking kinda odd. The Sales person told me that they have beige glove boxes as well, if I want.

2. The speakers are fitted in the front door pockets.. and were nicely placed there..

3. Glove box on the driver side is lockable, where as the other just has a snap door.

4. The alloys are exactly the same as on the poster provide by someone a few posts above. TATA has other patterns, but the special edition will come with this design only. No choice here.

5. The front seat has a lot of front to back movement and even after stretching the seat to farthest on the back side, there was decent leg space at the rear.

6. The rear seat width is very less, may be going for custom seat covers with extra padding for all seats will do the trick.

7. Steering wheel was too low, but may be my wife (5'2") may like that. She is yet to see the car.

8. Did not take the test drive. will go tomorrow with wife for the same. and as you mentioned, perhaps may not need the PS. if wifey is comfortable I have no qualms. ..

9. Rear parcel tray is standard accessory.

10. Price: 2.40 L for Special edition. The sales person is claiming that the accessories are worth 25K. + I will get a TATA employee discount of 15K + 5K welcome Bonus (if I have a 2 wheeler, and yes I do have 2 of these, this one is a dealer specific discount).

11. If I am not interested in taking Special edition, then it will be 2.40L - (25K (TATA Employee discount) + 5K Welcome Bonus).

12. Zero Dep insurance will cost an extra 3K. 20K Km/4year maintenance pkg will cost extra 3200/-.
Old 20th October 2012, 15:06   #252
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Just coming back from TATA showroom. This is what I noticed in the limited edition.
Gloveboxes are of good quality, they cost 1300 for one and 2200 for both of them.

Alloys will cost around 9k and another 9k for the music system if bought from Tata dealer

Thus i dont understand how come it costs 25 K?
You can find the individual prices for above and then decide.
Old 20th October 2012, 16:49   #253
MHG
BHPian

Take a look at the colors available here: http://tatanano.com/variants.htm

Nano base gets Aqua Blue that is an excellent color not available on other variants. Nano CX gets Neon Rush which is THE best color on Nano IMHO and again its variant exclusive to the CX. In comparison, for Nano LX the body colored bumpers look out of place and most colors make the car look like a bright flashy dot on the road. Mojito Green (LX exclusive) is the only "liveable" Nano LX color.

Does Tata offer option of mixing colors (and bumpers) across variants ? I think it should.
Old 20th October 2012, 17:33   #254
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverado
The prices you have quoted themselves add up to 20.2k. Add installation costs, it probably is close enough. In any case, these are not at an additional cost. Not sure if I understood the concern, especially if they are as you say of good quality.
Old 22nd October 2012, 13:00   #255
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverado View Post
Gloveboxes are of good quality, they cost 1300 for one and 2200 for both of them.

Alloys will cost around 9k and another 9k for the music system if bought from Tata dealer

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeluM View Post
The prices you have quoted themselves add up to 20.2k. Add installation costs, it probably is close enough. In any case, these are not at an additional cost. Not sure if I understood the concern, especially if they are as you say of good quality.
25K is what the sales guy told me. he infact quoted that Alloys cost 12K, which even I am a little doubt full. But anyway, there is some sticker job as well that will also cost a few hundred bucks. So for those guys claiming 25 worth of additional accessories is reasonable.

I am more interested in PLATI alloys, still need to check the pricing etc. with them with the local dealer.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks