Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th October 2013, 13:56   #616
BHPian

Re: Tata Nano : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by avingodb View Post
I bought Hella Wiper from Indiatimes Shopping and writing here to caution others against buying it.

First of all, what they are selling in the name of Wiper for Nano is 24 inches one which is shorter than the stock wiper, (I would still use it until next monsoons and then take a call on replacing it).
Second, the MRP and Date of production label was scratched off, which is not very confidence boosting and I would refrain from buying from them again.
Third, (and I need help here) is that I am not able to fix it!
I too bought a Hella wiper blade for my Nano, but from Reliance Autozone. The MRP was about Rs. 350. It's about 3 months old now and so far, I'm happy with it.

The correct blade size for the Nano is 26". This is the longest size available!

The package contains 2 adapters to mount the blade on different types of wiper arms. You will need to use one of them. I don't recall which one I used but the wiper fits correctly without any fuss and it took me only a few minutes to figure out the correct adapter and fit it.
Old 24th October 2013, 14:33   #617
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motard_Blr View Post
I too bought a Hella wiper blade for my Nano,
I also managed to fix it successfully during the lunch break after watching a couple of Youtube Videos

It is way better than the stock wiper that was leaving its mark right in the middle.
Old 26th October 2013, 16:22   #618
Senior - BHPian

The Nano is back after its 1000k service, where I got the engine oil change done, as is my practice.

The car has been glitch free, and the service was uneventful, so I am quite happy with both the car and TML/Concorde thus far.

Pune city driving with the AC on all the time returns 15-16 km/litre. Parking and U turns on side roads is a delight.

One of my other cars is a Gypsy, and the difference in the behaviour of traffic to the two cars is very noticeable!
Old 27th October 2013, 18:07   #619
Senior - BHPian

I noticed a small scratch on the bonnet today - probably picked up in service, but too late to be sure now. Thinking over solutions I came upon the one in the attached pics, executed very well in matte black by 3M Pune. I think cutting down the overdose of the dazzle blue helps, and also makes the car easier to identify in a parking lot.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Nano : Test Drive & Review-dsc_5329.jpg  

Tata Nano : Test Drive & Review-dsc_5327.jpg  

Sawyer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2013, 12:33   #620
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawyer View Post
The back of the Nano looks superb with the black vinyl. NOt too sure about the bonnet.

So you are happy with Concorde Motors service. That's good to know, since I am looking for an alternative to Balaji, Aundh since they dont touch Nano any more. Their logic is that they can make far more money by working on Indicas and safaris compared to the nano, though the time taken on each car is the same. Apparently the labour rates for the Nano are really low.

Last edited by john doe : 3rd November 2013 at 12:36.
Old 5th November 2013, 17:04   #621
Senior - BHPian

I prefer how the front looks with black, so that evens things out!
Concorde seemed to tick all the right boxes for service, although the first service wasn't complex. The car has suffered no glitches at all, unlike the Toyota, so TML seems to be doing good on the quality front, but time will tell if that is truly the case.
Another Nano owner walked across today to check out the new Nano and he claimed to get 21km/litres consistently with the AC on all the time in Pune city. He thought the key to this was to stick to the pasted on the window gear change speeds, but I can't see that this will get my 16km/litre up by that much. He also said he has been getting that return from the time the car was new. From what I have read here, I don't see anyone getting that kind of return in any Indian city.
Sawyer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th November 2013, 19:18   #622

Quote:
From what I have read here, I don't see anyone getting that kind of return in any Indian city.
I have been using nano LX 2012 version for the past 16 months and have done 54k km. I do a lot of city drive and have taken her on lot of NH too. I consistantly get 20-23kmpl in city and on highways i get north of 27kmpl at 70kmph and around 21kmpl if i cruise at 100kmph.

Last sunday came to chennai from Trichy (i.e. 320 km) under 4.5 hrs averaging 22kmpl. I always do tankful to tankful.
Old 5th November 2013, 19:40   #623
BHPian

Quote:
Thinking over solutions I came upon the one in the attached pics
How much did this work cost?
Old 6th November 2013, 07:05   #624
Senior - BHPian

Rs 3250. Decent enough to do some personalisation.
Old 6th November 2013, 07:39   #625
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Rs 3250. Decent enough to do some personalisation.
Looks nice. Gels well with that blue shade. Gloss black would have been better but they pick up scratches pretty easily. I would have removed those chrome strips as well. Have fun in that great little car!
Old 6th November 2013, 11:48   #626
Senior - BHPian

Yes, it does go well with the blue, considering that the interiors are all in blue/black/silver. And the car is a hoot to drive too, I am enjoying it thoroughly.
Old 6th November 2013, 20:58   #627
BHPian

Quote:
He also said he has been getting that return from the time the car was new. From what I have read here, I don't see anyone getting that kind of return in any Indian city.
Not from day one,
but especially after the 5k mark was crossed - regularly getting 21 to even 21.5 kmpl in Mumbai.

Daily driving of 70 kms

Sion - Juhu - Borivali - Sion.

If heavy traffic - 19 kmpl or else 20.
If Power (HP) rather than regular unleaded then 21 to 21.5 kmpl.

Max I have ever got - 1 day Sion - Thane - Sion - Juhu - Borivali - Sion
was 23.2 kmpl.

Crossing 80 kmph affects average drastically.

The few times that I have touched 105 kmph - avg down to 17 kmpl
Old 7th November 2013, 01:20   #628
BHPian

For us Punekars, getting 15-17 with AC on half the time seems like a good number. The traffic here is really the worst, can't describe how nasty it is!
On the few highway drives I've had, I get between 25-27 KMs per ltr. The main point to follow is : drive at 70 kms per hr. or less. Good for mileage as well as safety.
Old 7th November 2013, 11:03   #629
BHPian

Guys, I am undertaking a roadtrip next weekend. It will be about 750kms round trip from Delhi to Himachal and involves a bit of hill drive too.
Just wanted to know what preps are needed for Nano for this task?
I am also checking other threads on Dos and Don'ts in general but look for your opinion also.
Old 7th November 2013, 13:51   #630
BHPian

Take a can of Brake fluid, a can of Coolant, a Can of Engine oil .
Also, mechanic's gloves , a flashlight, some extra fuses and you should be fine :-)

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks