Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 6th January 2014, 10:13   #676
Senior - BHPian

Re: Tata Nano : Test Drive & Review

The speed limiter is a wise idea, given that Tata knows their car best. Note, for example, that with the smaller dia wheels, the tyre speed against the road would be as much as maybe 130-140 kmph with larger dia wheeled cars. Think too about the braking capability, with no discs/ABS.
Old 6th January 2014, 16:49   #677
BHPian

Guys,You misunderstood me. The passangers in my car never believed that a nano could achieve this speed.I, on the other hand was trying to make them believe that.I was indeed happy that nano shattered its image in their minds.Btw,I bought a second hand Safari despite the strong reservations by my family.I am the biggest TATAfan in my Family,and in my friend circle.Hope this clarifies.
Regards,Abhay.
indigo74 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th January 2014, 17:24   #678
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by indigo74 View Post
Recently I was travelling on Mumbai-Pune expressway, I saw a nano with 4 ocupants doing 100 Kmph ,consistently..
I think the speed cut off is at 105 kmph; so it's definitely possible and as per company claims.
Old 7th January 2014, 14:01   #679
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post

I think the speed cut off is at 105 kmph; so it's definitely possible and as per company claims.
At 105 kmph the dashboard light goes on to indicate that you are reaching the speed limit. At 110 the fuel supply to the engine is cut off and you feel a small jerk.

So the actual cut off is at 110kmph.
honeybee is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th January 2014, 14:20   #680
Senior - BHPian

Despite all the attempts, Nano sold just 545 units in december. Sad to see this small wonder dying a slow death.
Old 7th January 2014, 16:39   #681
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amtak View Post
Despite all the attempts, Nano sold just 545 units in december. Sad to see this small wonder dying a slow death.
I am trying my best to prevent that by buying one this month.

Had put in a request on the fancy website on Sunday, for a test drive. Got no response so far from that.
Then, yesterday, had filled up something on Carwale.com and they called today. They forwarded a request to the dealership and someone called immediately after that.

Test drive is scheduled for Saturday for the missus.

One issue is that there is no 3-point seat belt in the rear bench. How do we fix a child seat there?
It seems we have to get some modification done at the workshop. I am not sure how reliable and clean that job will be.

Any comments?
Old 7th January 2014, 16:46   #682
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_U_N View Post
One issue is that there is no 3-point seat belt in the rear bench. How do we fix a child seat there?
Our car seat is attached in place using the lap belt alone. It's not the best fit but what else can be done? I don't see any way of changing the seat belts, since the seats fold down for engine access.

I too want to check out the new Nano, shall we team up for the test drive?:-)
Old 7th January 2014, 16:47   #683
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_U_N View Post
I am trying my best to prevent that by buying one this month.
Test drive is scheduled for Saturday for the missus.
The Nano Twist, one with power steering, will be launched next week. So you may want to test drive that too before deciding.
safari_lover is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th January 2014, 17:11   #684
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by john doe View Post
Our car seat is attached in place using the lap belt alone. It's not the best fit but what else can be done? I don't see any way of changing the seat belts, since the seats fold down for engine access.

I too want to check out the new Nano, shall we team up for the test drive?:-)
Sales advisor said, we can fix a three point belt at the workshop. I believe some welding will be needed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by safari_lover View Post
The Nano Twist, one with power steering, will be launched next week. So you may want to test drive that too before deciding.
I have no clue about Nano Twist. Are you sure it is happening this year? (Forget this month).
Edit: Yes. Indeed there is a launch happening on 13 January. Somehow the sales guy did not mention this.
I suspect we have to delay our buying plan by a month since TD vehicle will most certainly not be available in January.

Last edited by S_U_N : 7th January 2014 at 17:15.
Old 7th January 2014, 19:00   #685
Distinguished - BHPian

The electric power steering equipped Tata Nano Twist will be launched at the National Center of performing arts (NCPA) on the 13th of January 2014.

Quote:
Tata Motors’ latest stab at giving the Nano a shot in the arm will come on the 13th of January, at the NCPA, Mumbai, where the Indian car and utility vehicle giant will launch the electric power steering equipped Twist variant of the Nano. Dubbed the Nano Twist, the car gets a low cost electric power steering sourced from German autoparts giant ZF. The car also gains a revised instrumentation console with digital readouts for the engine temperature and fuel level. The console also feature a Distance to Empty function.
http://www.cartoq.com/cartoq-exclusi...ta-nano-twist/
volkman10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th January 2014, 09:50   #686
Distinguished - BHPian

First images of the Nano Twist, snapped exclusively by CarToq.

RavenAvi is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 8th January 2014, 10:17   #687
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
The electric power steering equipped Tata Nano Twist will be launched at the National Center of performing arts (NCPA) on the 13th of January 2014....
I seriously hope they do some strong marketing for this to pull thru! Probably some very young & dynamic brand ambassadors (like Varun dhawan-Alia bhatt-Siddarth Malhotra from Student Of The Year), some road campaigns, some exclusive colors / body wraps etc might work. They might also provide some discounts for college students to make it popular among the crowd or some tie ups with the colleges.

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 8th January 2014 at 10:20.
swiftnfurious is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th January 2014, 13:54   #688
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post

I seriously hope they do some strong marketing for this to pull thru! .
I feel,the young and old alike need to be targeted.Hope it's not marketed like a toy, for the young'uns to grow out of.I treat the nano as a very capable city car already.adding power steering makes it even more user friendly.
Old 8th January 2014, 14:04   #689
BHPian

It also means that the power steering versions will have tyres of uniform width at the front and back. Currently, the front tyres are of a smaller width to make the car easier to turn.

Pradeep

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
The electric power steering equipped Tata Nano Twist will be launched at the National Center of performing arts (NCPA) on the 13th of January 2014.

http://www.cartoq.com/cartoq-exclusi...ta-nano-twist/

Last edited by pradkumar : 8th January 2014 at 14:14.
Old 8th January 2014, 16:48   #690
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pradkumar View Post
It also means that the power steering versions will have tyres of uniform width at the front and back. Currently, the front tyres are of a smaller width to make the car easier to turn. Pradeep
Not true. The reason for the difference in tyres has been discussed innumerable times on this and other threads, and is in fact to counter the tendency of the rear engined, rwd car to oversteer.

It may be true that the Twist version comes with the same width tyres, in which case it would seem to imply that we have been misled by Tara about the reason for the difference.

Last edited by VeluM : 8th January 2014 at 16:50.
VeluM is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed