Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th August 2016, 18:50   #796
BHPian

Tata Nano AMC

Guys, has any of you taken the AMC for your Nano?

I took the "Value Care Gold" when I bought the car in 2012 and I was told that AMC would cover the servicing costs for 4 years / 20,000kms, whichever is earlier from the date of the contract.

The AMC book clearly states whats included in the contract, and what is not included.

My Nano has completed 8000kms and when I went for my 2nd year servicing last weekend, I was told that I'll have to pay for the servicing!! The dealer 'it seems' has confirmed this with Tata Motors. I have entered into the contract with TM, and not with the dealer. So I didn't find it fruitful to argue with the dealer. I agreed to pay for now, but I would like to take it further with Tata Motors.

This is the copy of the contract -
Tata Nano : Test Drive & Review-2.jpg

Below is the agreement that clearly states what is included and what is excluded. The oil change and filter change is included in the contract -
Tata Nano : Test Drive & Review-3.jpg

Below is the bill I paid -
Tata Nano : Test Drive & Review-invoice.jpg

What do you think I should do?
Old 25th August 2016, 22:27   #797
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shifu View Post

I took the "Value Care Gold" when I bought the car in 2012 and I was told that AMC would cover the servicing costs for 4 years / 20,000kms, whichever is earlier from the date of the contract.

The AMC book clearly states whats included in the contract, and what is not included.

My Nano has completed 8000kms and when I went for my 2nd year servicing last weekend, I was told that I'll have to pay for the servicing!! The dealer 'it seems' has confirmed this with Tata Motors. I have entered into the contract with TM, and not with the dealer. So I didn't find it fruitful to argue with the dealer. I agreed to pay for now, but I would like to take it further with Tata Motors.

This is the copy of the contract -
Attachment 1547164

Below is the agreement that clearly states what is included and what is excluded. The oil change and filter change is included in the contract -
Attachment 1547162

Below is the bill I paid -
Attachment 1547163

Just make sure that you've not missed any of the two criteria : km ran and no. Of months.
Then proceed with your approach.
It should be more easy to deal with TML customer service executive rather than a dealer who has decided to rip you off.
DriveOnceMore is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th August 2016, 00:29   #798
BHPian

Quote:

My Nano is November 2012.
Gold AMC same. 4 years 20,000 kms.
I haven't faced any issues with AMC. Infact benefited a lot because of it.

It is 4 years OR 20,000 Kms (not both)
Whichever is earlier
Example : from 2012, uptil now you have serviced the car every year = AMC over.

Dealers are capable of being unscrupulous. Just check the booklet properly once, no harm in raising a complaint to TML
Dr.Suraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th August 2016, 08:49   #799
BHPian

Re: Tata Nano AMC

Quote:

The AMC book clearly states whats included in the contract, and what is not included.....
You mean 2014? You signed the AMC on 10/2/14. Why have they added ‘Minor Service (At 50,000, 70,000 KMs )' when you have only 8,130 KMs on ODO? Did they charge for the 1st year service too? As I see it, there is no ambiguity that they have violated the terms of contract. I am sure once you bring this to the attention of TATA, they will refund the amount.
rselva is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th August 2016, 15:37   #800
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DriveOnceMore View Post
Just make sure that you've not missed any of the two criteria : km ran and no. Of months.
It should be more easy to deal with TML customer service executive rather than a dealer who has decided to rip you off.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Suraj View Post
My Nano is November 2012.
Gold AMC same. 4 years 20,000 kms.
I haven't faced any issues with AMC. Infact benefited a lot because of it.

Whichever is earlier

Dealers are capable of being unscrupulous. Just check the booklet properly once, no harm in raising a complaint to TML
Sorry, I realized my typo. The car was bought in 2014, not 2012.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rselva View Post
You mean 2014? You signed the AMC on 10/2/14. Why have they added ‘Minor Service (At 50,000, 70,000 KMs )' when you have only 8,130 KMs on ODO? Did they charge for the 1st year service too? As I see it, there is no ambiguity that they have violated the terms of contract. I am sure once you bring this to the attention of TATA, they will refund the amount.
Yes, you are right. The car was bought in 2014.

I didn't notice the "Minor Service" part. Not sure if that makes any difference. No, they did not charge for the first and the second service. The dealer is claiming that the first two services were free not because of the AMC, but they are free for every new Nano.

Thanks for the response guys. I found a email id in the AMC booklet - valuecare@tatamotors.in. I'll email that id and take it forward from there...
Old 30th August 2016, 13:15   #801
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Suraj View Post
Whichever is earlier

Quote:
Originally Posted by rselva View Post
And so I spoke to TML customer service and below is their response.

First thing is that I that while posting here, I got really confused with the date when I bought my Nano. It was a 2012 model that I bought in 2013, and the AMC was signed in 2014. As you can see from my previous posts, I posted the date wrong. However, the AMC is valid from the date the AMC contract was signed (in 2014) and hence the year I bought the car is immaterial.

Below is the response I have got from Tata Motors Customer Service.

Quote:
to: vxxx@gmail.com
cc: xxx@tejaswimotors.net,
xxx@tejaswimotors.net,
xxx@tatamotors.com
date: Mon, Aug 29, 2016 at 6:44 PM
subject: RE: Value care Gold Annual Maintenance contract for my vehicle APxxDUxxxx

Dear Sir,

Very Good Evening!!

As per the conversation we had over the phone, I am writing in reply to your query about the AMC policy you have entered for your vehicle APxxDUxxxx.

As per the vehicle’s service history, you have availed Second free service (on 27/08/2014 @2963Km) and third free service (on 19/08/2015 @6246Km) through AMC.

The two scheduled services which will be covered under AMC have been already availed by you hence, the policy will not cover another oil change service(the validity of 20,000 kms got expired). However, till 2018 you can get the parts (brake pads, clutch, wiper blade) replaced under Gold Value care AMC policy.

Regards,

xxxx [ Hyderabad , Mumbai PVBU ],

CSM-Hyderabad,

TATA Motors.
The Gold Value care AMC policy doesn't say that only the brake pads, clutch and wiper blade will be replaced. It says a lot more than that and this is from the booklet (post #796 on this thread).

I have now requested him to escalate this to his superior at Tata Motors. I thought the dealer was taking me for a ride, and now it appears that Tata Motors also doesn't get this right. Are they confused between a AMC and an extended warranty?

Any suggestions on how do I get this escalated in Tata Motors? Any tweet handle?
shifu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th August 2016, 13:33   #802
BHPian

Quote:
The Gold Value care AMC policy doesn't say that only the brake pads, clutch and wiper blade will be replaced. It says a lot more than that and this is from the booklet (post #796 on this thread).

I have now requested him to escalate this to his superior at Tata Motors. I thought the dealer was taking me for a ride, and now it appears that Tata Motors also doesn't get this right. Are they confused between a AMC and an extended warranty?

Any suggestions on how do I get this escalated in Tata Motors? Any tweet handle?
Sorry, I have not gone through your case completely but I wish to highlight few things below:
1. AMC is valid till your original warranty is valid which is 4 years.
2. The AMC covers scheduled servicing only (after every 10,000). Anything else which is not mentioned in periodic service like replacing oil voluntarily or changing tyres before the schedule doesn't come under AMC.
3. Have you bought the AMC at the time of servicing ?
4. Download TMSC (Tata Motors Service Connect) app and enter your details. It'll show the validity of your AMC in terms of dates and KM.
Verify that you meet both criteria.
DriveOnceMore is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th August 2016, 14:20   #803
BHPian

Quote:
Sorry, I have not gone through your case completely but I wish to highlight few things below:
2. The AMC covers scheduled servicing only (after every 10,000). Anything else which is not mentioned in periodic service like replacing oil voluntarily or changing tyres before the schedule doesn't come under AMC.
4. Download TMSC (Tata Motors Service Connect) app and enter your details. It'll show the validity of your AMC in terms of dates and KM.
Thanks. I have replied to your comments -

- The car was purchased in 2013. So the original warranty should be valid till 2017. Now the AMC doesn't say anything about the original warranty being valid. It states "20,000kms or 4 years from the date of the contract".
- Correct. Here I am billed for the scheduled servicing.
- Correct.
- Thanks for the pointer. I'll do this. The current odo is at 8K kms, and I bought the car in 2013. So I am very much within the 4 year period.
Old 31st August 2016, 23:39   #804
BHPian

Re: Tata Nano : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrammarNazi View Post
The people they choose for the network should be good. One incident that happened when I went to collect my car.

Me : Why am I charged ~500/- for General Check-up when it wasn't done ? And what is this "Re-Conditioning of brake" for Rs.415/- x 2 ?

SA 1 : Sir, General Check-up is a "standard charge" for everyone. "Re-Conditioning of brake" is for changing the brake cylinders.

Me : Take off General Check-up, nothing was done. And why am I being charged for "Re-Conditioning of brake" when I've already been charged labour for replacement.

SA 1 : I'll remove "General Check-up", but "Re-Conditioning of brake" will stay. Its all coding system from TATA Motors sir, very advanced & complex computer billing. I can't do anything, it'll come like that only.

Me : If I'm billed for replacement, make it say that in the title. Nothing else will do.

SA 1 to SA 2 : What to do for "Re-Conditioning of brake", he's insisting it be titled properly, but replacement labour is already charged.

SA 2 to SA 1 : Charge it under "Other Parts Replaced" & edit with different name & same amount.

*while re-billing* SA 2 to Me: Nano customers are low budget people. They can't afford cars & don't understand them either.

Me : WHAT!!!

SA 1 : Here's the bill sir, I've removed "General Check-up" please pay at that counter.

SA 2 to SA 1 : Never accept cars from other dealers, make it a rule because you see they're only the problem, how you'll reach target?

( NB : I know with the next few comments I was abit rude by my usual "nice customer/owner" standards, but I was crazy offended! So, imagine the most caustic voice sarcastically telling this : )

Me
to SA 2 : Yeah, infact MOST of TATA buyers must be budget customers. All models have failed even with heavy discounts. Before atleast the Taxi market bought TATA cars, now even they're leaving. Your company seems on the verge of closing. Better find jobs elsewhere. Don't even try at Maruti coz they won't tolerate these kind of mis-billing.

Me to SA 1 : You can't really say "No" to my Nano or any TATA car from anywhere. Don't even try that.

Me to SA 1 & 2 : Anyway, my other car is a FIAT Linea, and I'm glad you'll showed your true thinking about considering customers as poor & foolish scape-goats.

I paid & left the service center almost with a lump in my throat regretting that this was the very same company I often supported for their feature-rich cars in official reviews here, many facebook auto-groups and even encouraged them on various social networks, often giving suggestions & feedback.

Sorry if you felt its a long rant, but thats just what happened & made me feel rather betrayed for believing that Tata Motors Service network is worthy of being trusted.

Maybe it was a 1-off case. Still, now on I almost always spell the caveat about staying with the car during service to anyone whom I suggest to consider a TATA car.
Can you please tell us the name of the dealership? We will make sure too keep them at an arms length from us and all those known to us.
fighterace is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st September 2016, 11:37   #805
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Thanks. I have replied to your comments -

- Thanks for the pointer. I'll do this. The current odo is at 8K kms, and I bought the car in 2013. So I am very much within the 4 year period.
I looked up on the app and it shows the end date to be 2018 and end Kms to be 20500.
Tata Nano : Test Drive & Review-screenshot_20160901090146.png

It appears that there is no option left but to approach the consumer court.
shifu is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st September 2016, 11:55   #806
BHPian

Quote:
I looked up on the app and it shows the end date to be 2018 and end Kms to be 20500.
Attachment 1549295

It appears that there is no option left but to approach the consumer court.
Yes.
Sad to hear that.
Last option, try to raise a complaint from the app.
DriveOnceMore is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st September 2016, 13:05   #807
BHPian

^^ Is there a way I can tweet this thread? I would like to get the attention of somebody senior in Tata Motors - one last attempt before I go to the court. @TataMotors is a generic handle. Any contacts or pointers for someone from the AMC/Service department?
Old 1st September 2016, 13:10   #808
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fighterace View Post
Can you please tell us the name of the dealership? We will make sure too keep them at an arms length from us and all those known to us.
It was Concorde Motors, Dairy Circle.

Thanks for quoting this. It reminded me of what I went through and the sheer apathy Tata Motors Customer Care is capable of.

No matter what "change in policy" or improvement the CEO of Tata Motors Mr.Guenter Butschek brings, it is us, the customers who will suffer while they make this transition.

Unless heads roll.
GrammarNazi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st September 2016, 20:00   #809
BHPian

Quote:

Thanks for quoting this. It reminded me of what I went through and the sheer apathy Tata Motors Customer Care is capable of.

No matter what "change in policy" or improvement the CEO of Tata Motors Mr.Guenter Butschek brings, it is us, the customers who will suffer while they make this transition.

Unless heads roll.
This is shocking. I recently purchased a Nano emax from Concorde Motors Delhi. There was some teething trouble, but one mail to the Late BD (may his soul rest in peace) set the cat among the pigeons. However, I must say that the culture of Concorde can be described as "sarkari", unless TML wields a stick.

Most interestingly, the majority of the people working in Concorde have moved in from dealerships of other makes. And trust me, the kind of missbilling and bad service I have seen at MUL dealership is best not discussed. But the behaviour of the Service Advisors is shocking. Did you report the matter to the GM or to TML?

Last edited by fighterace : 1st September 2016 at 20:08.
fighterace is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st September 2016, 21:58   #810
BHPian

Quote:

Unless heads roll.
Did you lodge a complaint through app?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks