Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th December 2011, 16:51   #106
BHPian

Re: Tata Nano : Test Drive & Review

I just got a Nano LX version now. I took it on a spin and it felt better than the Omni I had for driving.

However I was just curious do you guys know of any site or shop that sells nano specific accessories?

Presently all I can see done in any and every shop is probably tinting the glasses, fixing a cigratte lighter for car charger etc, a stereo set and maybe adding the seat cover.

My idea is to see what can be best done to customize the Nano to be able to from inside feel as good as any other car..
chakky is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st January 2012, 23:03   #107
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chakky View Post
I just got a Nano LX version now. I took it on a spin and it felt better than the Omni I had for driving.
Congratulations! If you don't mind sharing, what was the deal you were offered? Any discounts?
Old 2nd January 2012, 11:32   #108
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Notice the absence of proper 3-point seat belts for rear passengers. You'll have to make do with lap belts:
Here's a query to the gurus.

We test-drove the Nano 2012 and came back quite amazed with its space and how apt it is as a city run about.

Now, I have twins and they sit only in their car seat!

Here's the problem - The nano has only lap belts at the rear. Can regular 3 point seat belt be retro-fitted (or) is there a way to fasten the car seats with the help of these lap belts itself.

This is going to become the sole point for our decision on this car. We have even zeroed in on the colour! (hours of discussions! Trust me the most difficult choice when buying a city run about for the wifey! Surely most bhpians would agree )
laxmanrk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2012, 17:52   #109
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anekho View Post
Congratulations! If you don't mind sharing, what was the deal you were offered? Any discounts?
They had a 15k discount for the month. Add to it, me and my friend took a nano each for which they gave an additional 3.5k and then delivered the cars for us with full tank petrol and a complimentary air freshner.

So net I paid for the highest end on road was 2,01,153 including registration, road tax and insurance.

PS: I did it from Concorde motors because my friend was already buying his Aria and Nano from there and we coupled it to see what discounts they will offer. We had the worst customer service I have encountered. This is the third new car I am buying in the past 8 years. We had booked two papaya orange paying the advance they stated of 10k each and when 27th came when we were finishing our amounts to transfer, they let us know they sold those available nano's to customers who came and paid full price and we were asked to wait till Jan 10th if we want same color. We felt real bad with the way they treated us but to end this, we said ok to yellow knowing that Jan 10th is not assured date and I wanted to somehow end this interaction with them since my friend was not interested to fight.

It was frankly a torrid experience. Worst till date. Even RF motors their dealer does a better deal than this.
chakky is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2012, 22:53   #110
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chakky View Post
friend was already buying his Aria and Nano
The way to go...A nano to go to work in town, an Aria for weekend family trips?
teamveevee is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2012, 00:32   #111
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by laxmanrk View Post
Here's a query
Now, I have twins and they sit only in their car seat!
is there a way to fasten the car seats with the help of these lap belts itself.
My wife and I have a Nano in which we have installed a convertible car seat for our toddler. We have used the lap belt to fasten it. So to answer your question, there is no problem at all using the lap belt.

From the website "http://www.car-safety.org":

My car only has lapbelts, what can I do?

A lapbelt is usually fine for installation of a carseat. This includes most infant, convertible and forward-facing carseats with a harness.

Insure that you test the seat after installation. We found that our son's seat would easily slide forward, so we placed a couple of rolled towels or pool noodles under it.

Check this photo out:
http://www.carseatsite.com/reclinewithnoodles.jpg
john doe is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2012, 14:54   #112
Senior - BHPian

Thank you laxmanrk for posting your query regarding child seat with lap belts only. I had posted a similar query (see post 51) in the same thread.

@john_doe: Is it possible for you to post some pictures of the seats installed.

How would front facing seats remain secure without any sort of support from the top?

Here is the seat that I have:
Old 4th January 2012, 14:38   #113
Senior - BHPian

I had mentioned in this thread earlier that TATA employees were offered a special edition Nano few months back which had OEM alloys too. Here is the pic of alloys.

Tata Nano : Test Drive & Review-04012012135104.jpg
Old 4th January 2012, 14:55   #114
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by guyfrmblr View Post
I had mentioned in this thread earlier that TATA employees were offered a special edition Nano few months back which had OEM alloys too. Here is the pic of alloys.
These alloys are different from the one's which were offered previously.
Old 4th January 2012, 18:15   #115
kkg
BHPian

There were two alloy design patterns available form the start. The one above is one of them and is seen most including the earlier TVCs. Although the other one which has a V pattern was not easily available.
Old 12th January 2012, 22:21   #116
BHPian

Thanks for the great review GTO. Just booked a Nano as our second car (the i20 drinks a lot of petrol).
Old 13th January 2012, 11:00   #117
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by guyfrmblr View Post

Attachment 864028
Quote:
Originally Posted by kkg View Post
There were two alloy design patterns available form the start. The one above is one of them and is seen most including the earlier TVCs. Although the other one which has a V pattern was not easily available.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
I like the new papaya color Should have posted that .

Big review for a small car!

And is this OE alloys ?
This one?

Quote:
Originally Posted by quadbike View Post
Thanks for the great review GTO. Just booked a Nano as our second car (the i20 drinks a lot of petrol).
Congrats. Which model and color? And OTR would be?
Old 13th January 2012, 11:09   #118
BHPian

Quote:
Congrats. Which model and color? And OTR would be?
Booked the CX but now having second thoughts and may go for the LX.

CX is 210000 on road LX is 234000.

May go to Kulathunkal today to select the colour, the TD vehicle was CX version of Papaya Orange. I kinda like the Green (Mojito Green ?) that GTO reviewed.
Old 14th January 2012, 20:44   #119
BHPian

Hi Guys,

750 km driven so far. Average mileage 17.5km per litre.

I went to Emperor Accessories my trusted accessory dealer for the past 8 years in cochin, got an alpine set fixed, did a slight tint on the glasses, new floor mats, and remote locking was put in for about 19k.

Now I hardly hear the engine sound inside because for the speakers they had to replace the tray with a particle board tray and along with music you hardly hear anything.

Plus points -

I feel its zippy, easy to maneuver and unlike what people said it climbs inclines without feeling scary.

I enjoy driving it and sometimes I feel like how I drive a omni .

What I dont like :
a) The brakes. They are so scary at highway junctions and signals when we try to stop from 80kmph to 0kmph in traffic.
b) Reverse gear they could have given some more power.

A few pictures taken of the Nano early in the morning..
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Nano : Test Drive & Review-nano1.jpg  

Tata Nano : Test Drive & Review-nano2.jpg  

Tata Nano : Test Drive & Review-nano3.jpg  

chakky is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 14th January 2012, 23:00   #120
BHPian

How bad are the brakes ? Is it at-least as good as those on the 800, if so I can live with that.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks