Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 13th November 2018, 12:01   #841
Senior - BHPian

Re: Tata Nano : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by KVNair View Post
Since June, 2018 Nano seems to be selling in two digits again. The latest shows 54 units for Oct, 2018. It seems to be still on sale and not really out of production. Here is the row from our Oct, 2018 sales thread.
Nano never went out of production, it is just made to order now. Also, they will continue to make the body shells for Jayem Neo electric vehicle for some more time.
Old 15th December 2018, 00:34   #842
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdityaDeane View Post
Nano never went out of production, it is just made to order now. Also, they will continue to make the body shells for Jayem Neo electric vehicle for some more time.
The very thought of Nano going out of market, left me a little disappointed, as my wife honed her driving skills on a Nano and later, we got rid of it and my wife acquired a Renault Kwid.
So i decided to reacquire a Nano from the pre-owned market and I found a neat one, done 41000 kms and in excellent condition. It was a 2009 model in Lunar Silver color and was a plain jane car !!!
Tata Nano : Test Drive & Review-cut.jpg
Somehow it was looking boring, mundane and seemed it lost its charm. Hence I decided to give it a new breath of life with some external garnishing and interior refreshing treatment.These included :
1. Chrome Accents all over (Headlights, Tail Lights & Fog Lights / Door Handles / Side view Mirrors / C Pillar / Side Indicators / Front Number Plate)
2. Wheel Caps painted in white colour
3. White Racing lines
4. Of Course an " I Drive Safe" decal !!!
5. Leather Seat Covers
6. Faux Roof Antenna
I will let the pictures do the talking..
Tata Nano : Test Drive & Review-3.jpg
Tata Nano : Test Drive & Review-4.jpg
Tata Nano : Test Drive & Review-5.jpg
Tata Nano : Test Drive & Review-6.jpg
Tata Nano : Test Drive & Review-7.jpg
Tata Nano : Test Drive & Review-8.jpg
Tata Nano : Test Drive & Review-9.jpg
Tata Nano : Test Drive & Review-10.jpg
Some Interiors now
Tata Nano : Test Drive & Review-11.jpg
Tata Nano : Test Drive & Review-12.jpg
Tata Nano : Test Drive & Review-1.jpg
Tata Nano : Test Drive & Review-2.jpg
Driving a Nano is fun and I will retain this car in my collection as long as I can...
Tata Nano : Test Drive & Review-19.jpg
I Drive Safe..Do you?

Last edited by hillram : 15th December 2018 at 00:37.
hillram is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 9th August 2019, 14:58   #843
Distinguished - BHPian

TATA NANO gets reviewed in USA,

volkman10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st January 2020, 19:26   #844
Senior - BHPian

Slightly OT. But couldn't resist posting here. A recent malayalam movie has a Tata Nano as its central character. The movie is about the relationship of a family with their first car . The movie name is Gauthamante radham which means Gouthaman's chariot.

A nice watch for all Nano lovers like me.

Last edited by padmrajravi : 31st January 2020 at 19:35.
padmrajravi is online now   (7) Thanks
Old 6th February 2020, 21:17   #845
BHPian

I and my father always wished to own Tata Nano.

Now, We would like to buy used Tata Nano GenX XTA as a car for my father. He is 70 years old and drives really really well. We always wanted Nano in our house. He will be doing 200 kms trip once in 2-3 months and rest will be local use in town.

Nano is phased out and it may be last chance to own it. We would like to buy it and specifically XTA variant. There are deals available in used car market for 3 year old car starting from Rs.2,10,000.

I wanted to ask to experts. Is it good idea to buy it? How will be spare part availability for next 3-4 years?
Old 6th February 2020, 22:13   #846
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sushantr5 View Post

Now, We would like to buy used Tata Nano GenX XTA as a car for my father. He is 70 years old and drives really really well. We always wanted Nano in our house. He will be doing 200 kms trip once in 2-3 months and rest will be local use in town.
I am not sure about the automatic, but our manual version is pretty decent for local duties. 30k kilometers so far, and maintenance is minimal. Tata is legally bound to support the car till 2026 at least, and I don't think parts would be an issue. Prices for the manual twist are around 1-1.4 lakhs in most places. The small size and spacious cabin still makes it a very good city car.

I read about clutch wear issues in amt cars from Maruti and Tata, so you may want to investigate that before making a decision. The only con of buying a Nano today would be that most are out of warranty, and some repairs can cost a lot of time and money if the previous owner ignored maintaining it.
Nissan1180 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th February 2020, 17:44   #847
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sushantr5 View Post

Nano is phased out and it may be last chance to own it. We would like to buy it and specifically XTA variant. There are deals available in used car market for 3 year old car starting from Rs.2,10,000.

I wanted to ask to experts. Is it good idea to buy it? How will be spare part availability for next 3-4 years?
Hi Sushantr,

Sorry to say this but I think you have "missed the boat". As you are well aware, the Nano is no longer in (general) production and spares are already a problem. Try getting hold of a single or even a set of Tata OEM alloy wheels for the Nano and you will understand what I mean. A simple fog light replacement (again OEM) can take 3 to 4 days if you are lucky!!
I have been a Nano owner (3 Nano's) for the last 8 years and still have a 2014 Twist with me but have not had very good experiences with TASS. Their service is shoddy to say the least and they charge whatever they feel like. Personally, I had a choice to upgrade to an AMT with a very sweet deal but refused simply because of the TASS experience. The AMT is definitely avoidable as, AFAIK, it is not a repairable part and a replacement will cost you about 70K. Never mind Tata, even Maruti has had issues with this AMT system. I know a couple of guys on the Nano Whatsapp group who are ready to sell their AMT's before the warranty runs out this year.
Do try and explain to your father that this particular ship has sailed and go for a Maruti instead. If you still want to go ahead, please do not buy the AMT. Just the normal Twist which you will get for 1.2 to 1.4L max. Do keep in mind that your resale value will be almost NIL.
Regards,
SS
suzuki san is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 10th September 2020, 11:04   #848
BHPian

Found an old picture of Nano on FB, with yours truly name on the top of the passanger door.
Tata Nano : Test Drive & Review-fb_img_15997126985749430.jpg
Vinod_nair is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th January 2024, 19:11   #849
BHPian

Hello Everyone, I own a 2014 model Tata nano XT. It is driven rarely and current ODO is around 25K kms. I could see cracks on tyres so thinking about replacing it with MRF or Bridgestone sturdo. any recommendations?

Most Viewed