Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 5th March 2012, 01:20   #46
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Nissan Sunny Diesel : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by cityvic View Post
Guys what should be a Better Buy?

New Maruti Suzuki Dzire ZDI or Nissan Sunny Diesel XV?
If you LOVE TO DRIVE, Dzire is the pick! But Sunny excels in most other areas like space, comfort, boot size, interior quality.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbhiJ View Post
Got delivery of my Nissan Sunny XL today. Review/first impressions soon
Congrats, how about a teaser pic?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
BTW, 1 car of the 3,130 tally is mine. Yep, we just booked the Sunny Diesel as I think it’s the perfect chauffeur-driven family car.
GTO, I know you are a BIG fan of Manza in this segment. May I know what tilted the decision in favour of Sunny? TATA horror stories? And your Indigo goes under the sword for this car?
Old 5th March 2012, 01:53   #47
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post

Congrats, how about a teaser pic?
Sorry... very low quality one....

Basement parking lot + low light

Nissan Sunny Diesel : Test Drive & Review-20120304_155719.jpg
AbhiJ is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 5th March 2012, 15:24   #48
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelastsmoke View Post
Have no doubts. Sunny Diesel XV. It's a league apart. I don't think Dzire is comparable in terms of price or features. I feel that Manza, Dzire, Etios and Logan / Verito fall into a group and Sunny stands somewhere between them and the Vento. This is a personal opinion - wonder what other BHpians think.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nik_kapur View Post
The Sunny is definitely the better of the 2 and its a proper car. I honestly do not understand what the new dzire is ? As a VFM package, the Sunny is unbeatable.
Thanks a ton for the advise guys.

Also thinking of extending the budget and getting an Altis Diesel.

Will TD the Sunny and Altis soon.Lets see what Dad finds more worth it.
Old 5th March 2012, 16:00   #49
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks a ton for the advise guys.

Also thinking of extending the budget and getting an Altis Diesel.

Will TD the Sunny and Altis soon.Lets see what Dad finds more worth it.
From Dzire you are now jumping on to the Altis diesel. Interesting. You can refer to my ownership thread on the Altis diesel. As a user of the car and soon to be added Sunny diesel , let me tell you what I feel about the two cars. Choose Altis only for its more upmarket feel and prestige value over the Sunny and ofcourse the Toyota badge ( although I doubt Nissan should be any different). Otherwise go for the Sunny. It matches the Altis on every other front.

PS: How many cars do you own man? I see 6 of them there in your signature and another one is probably going to be added soon. And you are indeed a fan of the japanese! Why not try VW for a change? Or Chevy cruze?

Last edited by drmohitg : 5th March 2012 at 16:02.
drmohitg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th March 2012, 16:59   #50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
From Dzire you are now jumping on to the Altis diesel. Interesting. You can refer to my ownership thread on the Altis diesel. As a user of the car and soon to be added Sunny diesel , let me tell you what I feel about the two cars. Choose Altis only for its more upmarket feel and prestige value over the Sunny and ofcourse the Toyota badge ( although I doubt Nissan should be any different). Otherwise go for the Sunny. It matches the Altis on every other front.

PS: How many cars do you own man? I see 6 of them there in your signature and another one is probably going to be added soon. And you are indeed a fan of the japanese! Why not try VW for a change? Or Chevy cruze?
Haha.Well we now need a good Diesel Sedan.This will be the replacement of the City i-VTEC as this is the car that has the maximum running at home.It does around 2500kms a month.Hence we shifting to diesel will be more practical.

Our priorities are:
Excellent Back Seat Comfort
Decent to Drive
Decent Mileage
Good Looks
Good After Sales Service.
Budget 10-15L.

Options are the Sunny,Vento,Rapid,Altis,City Diesel.
Havent included the Cruze in my list because the Back Seat Comfort in that is Pathetic.After Sales Service is also very Average.We'v owned an Opel Astra is the past so the A.S.S Experiences are pretty bad.The dealers are the same here in Kol.

Please suggest.

We have 6 cars currently but the City ZX will soon get sold this month.Its replacement the Silver Honda Civic V/MT sunroof has already come last July.Just that we needed another car at home caused the ZX to stay till now.

Last edited by cityvic : 5th March 2012 at 17:06.
Old 5th March 2012, 17:20   #51
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Our priorities are:
Decent to Drive
Decent Mileage
Good Looks
Budget 10-15L.

Options are the Sunny,Vento,Rapid,Altis,City Diesel.
Well for a detailed discussion you may want to refer to the what car section. I am sure you will find a lot of good info there for all the cars in your list.

From your priorities and cars listed above:
Sunny: excellent car specially for chauffeur driven. The low end torque is amazing and interior space is just too good. Well built. Long term reliability should be good. After sales is yet to be proven but looks promising.

Altis: Ditto as sunny except being more upmarket. It does feel nicer to own because of that. Back seat is as good if not better. Well built, excellent FE ( I get 18-20 in city), excellent After sales.

Vento: Great car, fun to drive, decent FE, German built, after sales not as good as Toyota and more expensive to maintain.

Rapid: I personally would not invest in a skoda for the fear of shoddy after sales. Just my personal choice.

City diesel: I heard its to come in 2014 or something right?

This isn't the thread to discuss this. So feel free to PM me or open a new thread in the appropriate section. Lets not get off-topic here.
drmohitg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th March 2012, 18:43   #52
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Our priorities are:
Decent to Drive
Decent Mileage
Good Looks
Budget 10-15L.
For this, I will pick Sunny D without a second thought unless I want the snob / premium badge! For the latter, Altis D. I simply will NOT think of the Skoda/VW badges here because of point # 1 & doubtful # 5!
swiftnfurious is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2012, 08:50   #53
Senior - BHPian

This seems to come as good news for Nissan! Looks like they got the formula right!

Quote:
Sunny has already overtaken Volkswagen Vento to become the third-largest selling sedan.

Its market share in segment sales last month stood at 13 per cent, behind 26 per cent of best-seller Honda City and 19 per cent of hugely popular fluidic Verna from the Hyundai.

Source: Sunny days for Nissan in India
Old 30th March 2012, 18:21   #54
Distinguished - BHPian

What would be an ideal tyre to replace the Stock tyres of Sunny diesel? My car would be arriving in another 10 days. The main aim for the tyre change would be to reduce the noise.
Old 30th March 2012, 19:44   #55
Senior - BHPian

Sorry for going OT, but I saw this Sunny on my way to office today, and found the rear to be far more digestible than the one sold in India. I am sorry for the image quality as it was taken with my mobile while on the move.

I think it must be an imported version, but the steering wheel seemed to be on the right.

Nissan Sunny Diesel : Test Drive & Review-20120330_110000_787.jpg
Old 31st March 2012, 06:32   #56
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Sorry for going OT, but I saw this Sunny on my way to office today, and found the rear to be far more digestible than the one sold in India. I am sorry for the image quality as it was taken with my mobile while on the move.

I think it must be an imported version, but the steering wheel seemed to be on the right.
That looks like an old Sunny, which used to sold here in Singapore and other SE Asia markets.
Old 6th April 2012, 17:51   #57
Distinguished - BHPian

I enquired with the dealer today regarding the tyre. According to them the Sunny can come with 3 different shoes: MRF, Bridgestone and Michelin. I requested them to get me Michelin but they said it depends on what the factory has fitted on the car and they can't change. Just keeping my fingers crossed that its Michelin>Bridgestone.
Old 11th April 2012, 11:04   #58
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Got delivery of my Nissan Sunny XL today. Review/first impressions soon
Congratulations AbhiJ (though belated). I hope your Review/first impressions would be up by now. Can you please share the link of that thread over here. Also we are eagerly awaiting the review by GTO for his Sunny (hope you are listening GTO )
Old 11th April 2012, 11:44   #59
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
I enquired with the dealer today regarding the tyre. According to them the Sunny can come with 3 different shoes: MRF, Bridgestone and Michelin.
My car came with JKs!! All cars in the showroom were infact JKs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
Congratulations AbhiJ (though belated). I hope your Review/first impressions would be up by now. Can you please share the link of that thread over here.
Thanks
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...diesel-xl.html
AbhiJ is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 17th April 2012, 10:20   #60
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
My car came with JKs!! All cars in the showroom were infact JKs.
Mine came with MRF. The XV model comes with bridgestone. Also the XL comes with R14 tyres which spoils the look of the car to some extent. What is the approximate exchange price one can get for these tyres? Do they take them close to there MRP value? I am thinking of upgrading to R15 Michelin if I get a good price for the stock MRFs.

Also here is the service intervals for the Sunny Diesel ( as told to me by the SA):
1 month/ 1000 kms - 1st free service.
6 months/ 10k kms - 2nd Free service.
12 months/ 20k kms- 3rd Free service.

Thereafter its 10k kms or 6 months whichever is earlier. This is a little too frequent for my liking. Ideally with all the modern technology the service intervals should be 10k kms or 1 year atleast. Such frequent intervals also add to making the TCO go up.

Secondly its puzzling since another member was apparently told down south that there are no free services on the Sunny. I am not sure which thread I read it in.

Most Viewed